• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

♥ Can't Live With You {Can't Live Without You} ♥

KaoriMei

ʙʟᴀʜ, ᴍᴇʜ, ᴡʜʏ, ʜᴜʜ, ᴡᴛғ.

radsu8.jpg

iZagHnf.jpg
[/imageFloat]

newcreate.php

Muse A and Muse B find an apartment online that they both love. Though they’re strangers when they sign the lease, they agree to share the place. A few days after the move in, they start to question the arrangement.

Muse A is quiet and neat. Muse B is loud and messy.

Muse A has a decent job and pays most of the rent, Muse B recently got fired from their job, hasn't told Muse A yet, and isn't in a rush to find a replacement job. Muse A is the responsible type, and Muse B couldn't take care of a goldfish. Muse A likes their privacy and Muse B is happy walking around the apartment half-naked and entering their roommate’s space without knocking.

They hardly agree on anything, from what to order for dinner to what temperature to keep the thermostat on. Just when Muse A is reaching their breaking point and on the verge of giving up the apartment they love to move back home because Muse B is driving them crazy and they can’t keep up with bills on their own, Muse A suffers a major setback/loss and Muse B is the only person who understands/can help them get through it.

Muse A: @KaoriMei

Muse B: @FloatingAroundSpace

Genre: Friendship; Romance; Roommate; Drama

Writing Level: Detailed

Number of Roleplayers: 2

CODED BY

radsu8.jpg

"So, what you're telling me... is that you moved into an apartment, with a complete stranger?" Emily asked as the two girls headed up the stairs of the apartment complex. Just a couple moments ago, Lara had told her best friend that she had moved in with a man who she barely even knew.

It was almost seven in the evening and the two girls had just come back from working their shift at a nearby cafe. Funny story, Lara and Emily had gotten to know each other two years ago when they both applied to work as waitresses there.

"Yes, I know. I know. It's crazy." Lara let out a small sigh. She really had no idea what she was thinking when she had decided to sign the contract. Except, the apartment was perfect. A fifteen minute walk away from the cafe. Twelve away from Emily's apartment. And, let's not forget, they had almost everything close by to them - a supermarket, pharmacy... She would be crazy to turn down an offer like that.

Arriving at a wooden door that had the number and letter '32B' on, Lara pulled out her key to the apartment, which was attached to a key-chain full of cute little miniature dolls of Alice in Wonderland... Yes, Lara was that type of person. "I still can't believe it." Emily murmured quietly, shaking her head as the brunette began to unlock the door.

Giving the door a little kick with her foot, Lara shrugged her shoulders. "What big deal is it? He seems like an alright guy..." Though, inside Lara's head, she questioned herself whether or not Richard really was. Heading inside, Lara smiled as she set her bag down on the desk sat right besides the door. "Welcome to my humble abode."
HEADING TO THE APARTMENT

Richard yawned lazily as he fished out a clean bowl from the dish-rack by the sink. He placed it on the counter-top and rummaged through the refrigerator, pulling out a carton of milk that didn't smell rancid before opening up a few cabinets to find the cereal that he had bought early that week.

As he made his cereal and milk, some of the crumbs from the bag fluttered out and he wiped them away in annoyance before shoving the box and carton of milk back into their respective places, forgetting to close the carton properly and accidentally causing some spillage within the refrigerator. He had never been one for cleanliness when he had grown up surrounded by siblings and he certainty had no intention of becoming neater now that he had his own place.

Well, it wasn't technically his own place. He had had to grab a roommate; being a medical student didn't pay the bills so much as drain the paycheck. While he had managed to snag a shift at a local hospital, he was fairly sure that the doctors there weren't so happy with his habit of showing up late and leaving early.

His brother's shrill voice of "needing direction in your life" filled his mind and he wrinkled his nose as he located a clean spoon and began to eat his dinner. Richard had a direction in his life; find a nice paying job at a hospital. He had only just graduated from medical school and if he needed to get some kind of income to pay off the debt that he had find himself floundering under, he would need a steady income.

A steady income he was having a bit of trouble finding. Turns out, being a nurse meant working odd hours, long shifts, and basically having disgusting fluids over his scrubs at nearly all times.

As he ate his cereal slowly, he heard the front door open and turned his head lazily to peer at it. He glanced down at himself and shrugged when he realized that he still hadn't bothered putting on actual clothes. "Hello," he said through a mouthful of slightly soggy cereal.

radsu8.jpg

IN THE KITCHEN

The blonde and brunette stood there for a moment. Taking in the lovely sight of Lara's roommate sat at the kitchen table, eating cereal. Cereal. At seven in the evening? Lara wasn't one to judge but when it came to things like this, she really had no idea what to say.

"Uh... hey." That was all she could really say. I mean, it wasn't like she was surprised to find Richard sat there. Eating CEREAL. But, it was strange. "Lovely roommate." Feeling the slight cold breath of Emily down Lara's neck, she couldn't help but shrug and mutter a quiet sarcastic 'thank you', matching her tone.

Letting out a small sigh, Lara shook her head for a moment and headed inside to the kitchen. Shutting the door, Emily followed behind her and happened to make herself comfortable at the kitchen table also. "Did you just get out of bed?" Lara asked, not really knowing how to approach her roommate. From his appearance, she could tell he was having one of those lazy days. Or just being himself... sat in boxers.

"You know... you still have that take-out you ordered yesterday." She spoke up, remembering the food he'd happened to order last night. "You should finish that before it gets out of date." Opening the fridge, Lara looked around for a moment. Till her eyes landed on the milk carton. Of course, not only was it open - like she'd found out this morning, and the morning before - but there was also a little spillage.

Keeping the fridge door open for a moment, Lara turned to look at Richard. "Hey, remember that conversation we had? Yesterday?" Raising her eyebrow slightly, she tapped her fingers against the fridge door. Lara didn't want to come off mean or anything, but the least Richard could do was at least close the milk properly.

Richard glanced at the person behind his roommate, the one he didn't recognize. He frowned at her for a second but didn't say anything more. If his roommate wanted to bring people over, fine. She was fairly polite and kind, and he really didn't notice her half the time.

Growing up in a household where you had to be loud to be heard, it had been quite strange moving in with someone who spoke, but never shouted. It was like someone had flicked a switch off and suddenly, instead of the chaos he was used to being surrounded by, the quiet settled instead.

Richard shoved a spoonful of cereal in his mouth and shrugged at Lara. "I'll eat it after my shift tomorrow," he said. It was just Chinese food: that could sit a while in the fridge, right? Granted, Richard figured anything could sit in the fridge for a while.

"Which conversation? We usually have more than one given the fact that we're roommates," Richard said, blinking at her.

radsu8.jpg

IN THE KITCHEN

Lara stared at him for a moment. Then dropped her head back, shut her eyes and took a deep breath in. Before letting it slowly back out. Had he really already forgotten?

Emily sat at the kitchen table, a small grin on her face. Of course she would be smirking her ass off. Who was the one that told her that Richard seemed like a nice guy? Oh yeah... Lara.

"The one about the milk." Lara finally spoke as she looked back inside the fridge and pulled out the carton. There it was. The lid that was barely screwed on the carton. "There's a puddle of milk inside the fridge, you know." She muttered, cringing a little as she set it back onto the counter. Not only was the fridge messy, but so was the carton.

Shutting the fridge door, she slowly walked over to the sink to wash her hand, which was slightly covered in milk. "The fridge is starting to stink of Chinese as well..." Jeez, Lara had only been living with Richard for a couple days and it felt like she was dealing with a little child...

"It would be nice... if you just, cleaned up a little? You know?" She turned back to look at him, "Maybe... not make such a mess?" Shutting the sink, she grabbed the towel and dried her hand before rotating so that she was facing him.

"Oh," Richard said, frowning slowly and craning his neck to peer at the fridge, as if it would do the cleaning for him if he only believed hard enough. "Well, I'll try," he said conversationally. He probably would forget again. It wasn't really his fault, given that he had grown used to messes. It was actually quiet strange to be living in an apartment that seemed to be lacking in any sort of mess. There weren't piles of clothes on the floor or toys scattered about or coats hanging off of lamps or books spilling over tables and papers scattered over the floor as a result. There weren't shoes crowding the doorways or laundry pilled up in the corner of the bathroom to be washed when someone remembered to take them down to be washed. The kitchen was clean, in his opinion. The sink was free from any cookware or silverware.

He glanced at the carton of milk and resisted the urge to shrug. He was fairly sure that he would offend his roommate if he said that the carton wasn't that messy. In all honesty, it wasn't in his opinion. So what if there was some splash back on it? She could still very well use the carton without any incident.

"Maybe," he said in response to her last statement. He went back to eating his cereal. "I'll clean later."

Which meant that he'd probably forget and never do it. Ah well, old habits die hard.

radsu8.jpg

IN THE KITCHEN

Lara stood there. Again, not saying a word. Richard had always somehow made her stay speechless. She wasn't surprised he'd told her that he'd clean it later. And it definitely wasn't the first time she'd heard it. Opening her mouth to speak up, Emily stood up and quickly spoke, "Well. Before you two... pumpkins get further into your... creative discussion, I think I'll introduce myself, yes?" She looked towards Lara for approval.

In return, she received a shrug and a nod at the same time. Smiling, the blonde turned towards Richard. "I'm Emily. Friend of Lara's," She let out a small laugh before muttering, "Obviously." Now, Emily was somewhat similar yet different to Lara. They liked the same thing... yet, she had a playful side to her at the same time. She loved to party, play spin the bottle... whereas, Lara preferred to stay inside and read a book.

"We'll probably be running into each other every now and then, but that's not a problem, is it?" Why Emily bothered to ask, Lara had no idea. She shared the exact same rights as Richard's friends did so surely Emily had the permission to come over whenever. Oh well. This was Emily speaking. Not Lara.

Richard blinked, focusing his attentions on the other woman before him. "Hello Emily. I'm Richard, roommate of Lara's." He scooped some more cereal into his mouth and blinked slowly at Emily. It seemed to him that she was much more free-flowing than Lara, who, over the past few weeks, had seemed quiet uptight and nothing like Richard.

"If you haven't got a complaint against me now, I doubt you'll have any later," Richard said in way of response. He didn't care who Lara brought over, so long as he didn't have to change every time they made an appearance. He would prefer to keep his apartment (their apartment) his space. He didn't want to have to yank on pants and a T-shirt every time someone came over or look half-way decent when all he really wanted to do was lounge around and eat cereal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back