• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Can you use BBCode in signatures?

Sweet Sia

Enjoy Life
Quick question, are you allowed to use BBCode in signatures or is there a certain cut off limit? Every time I try and save my signature it gets rid of all the BBCode.

I do believe it depends entirely on what code you're using. I've used the basic bold, italicize, under line, url code, and image code plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the code I'm trying to use. There's a lot of code here obviously, is there just too much? It works in the preview but then gets rid of all the code when I submit it. xD

Code:
[size=2]
[center][color=slategray][color=mediumpurple]...[/color] even if I [color=mediumpurple][u][color=darkcyan][b]r e a c h[/b][/color][color=white]xxx[/color][/u][/color] out my hand [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] I can't catch [color=mediumpurple][b][[/b] [color=darkcyan]you[/color] [b]][/b][/color], I can only cry
what should I do [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] what should I do [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] you're [color=darkcyan]l[color=white]_[/color]e[color=white]__[/color]a[color=white]___[/color]v[color=white]____[/color]i[color=white]_____[/color]n[color=white]______[/color]g[/color]
I love you [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] I[color=darkcyan][b][i]ℓσvε[/i][/b][/color]you [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] I cry out to you
but you can't [color=darkcyan]н [color=mediumpurple]๑[/color] ε [color=mediumpurple]๑[/color] a [color=mediumpurple]๑[/color] я[/color] me [color=mediumpurple]...[/color] because I'm only [size=3][b][color=darkcyan]SHOUTING[/color][/b][/size] with my [color=crimson]♥[/color] [color=mediumpurple]...[/color][/color][/center]

[/size]

Just gonna test this so I can see it first.

... even if I r e a c hxxx out my hand ... I can't catch [ you ], I can only cry

what should I do
... what should I do ... you're l_e__a___v____i_____n______g

I love you
... Iℓσvεyou ... I cry out to you

but you can't
н ε a я me ... because I'm only SHOUTING with my ...

After talking to another staff member I'm rather sure it's only basic things I've mentioned. I was gonna test this before remembering it all works for staff haha

Users are not allowed to have colors in their signatures, the only way I know users have colors is when they had it before the merger.

Ohhh. Alright, well that makes sense. So here's another question, would it technically be allowed for me to take a screenshot and make that my signature instead, or is that against the rules, too? xD If so I'll just make something else, heh.

Thank you both for your help!

I can't see any reason why it would be. Images are allowed, only one image though.

As long as it's not a gif, it should be fine. It would be courteous not to make it too big though - Atom's size or smaller is probably a good idea. ( ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back