Literature Can you tell me what it means?

Hellfire

The strong must protect the weak
Out of spite I made a very short poem. My teacher hates short poems. She thought it was intersting though, so my evil plot failed.

I thought it might be interesting to set up an thread were people could post poems, and then the readers could try to guess what it means, so have at it.

My short poem:

If simple words are simple to understand

Then a man is not what I am

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel as though if I were to give a meaning for that, I'd just be pulling something out of nowhere.

It is an interesting one, though.

Here's one for you guys: A bean may just be a bean to a boy, but a cow is a boy's best friend.

A giant's death is nothing, but for a princess, it's everything.

TheDox said:
I feel as though if I were to give a meaning for that, I'd just be pulling something out of nowhere.
It is an interesting one, though.
Surprisingly enough it does have a meaning, although it is short.

@i love nick check I like it.

Hellfire said:
If simple words are simple to understand
Then a man is not what I am
My first thought is trans girl? But I think that's much too obvious... Maybe more in the vein of not being human? Hmmm... I like it though. It has a lot of appeal.

If anyone's interested, I have a rather abstract poem that's a lot longer, but where the subject is also not immediately clear.

I long for your

Sweet embrace

And the soft way

With which you kiss

And the darkness

You pull out of

My mind

Everyday I close my

Eyes and your hands

Pull me closer

And life pulls

Us apart again

When I wake you're

With me, your hands

On mine, your kiss

On my mind, your

Softness shading the

World around me

@Hellfire That's a take I can definitely see in it, but not something I would have seen in it easily without your answer. And no it's not about death, but that's sorta close. It's about sleep. I can see the death in it sorta, in the eternal slumber kind.

Also, @Hellfire , didn't your plot ultimately succeed in proving your teacher that short poems also have their place in the world? Not the result you may have been looking for, but a good result none the less...

Short poems can be the best poems. They generally leave a lot of room for subjective interpretations and assumptions to be made, rather than long poems that tend to be more specific. Afterall, it's hard to be vague while writing several paragraphs.

TheDox said:
Short poems can be the best poems. They generally leave a lot of room for subjective interpretations and assumptions to be made, rather than long poems that tend to be more specific. Afterall, it's hard to be vague while writing several paragraphs.
I agree with you completely.

@Hellfire and here I am, trying to see the positives... But, when you're right, you're right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back