• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Can anyone explain...

Ayama

Enthusiast
... to me why [div=font: Georgia;]text here[/div] does nothing
while [div=font-family:Georgia;]text here[/div] changes the font? It just seems illogical to me :/
Like "The font for this text is Georgia", in my mind, translates to [font=Georgia], which is exactly what works in basic BBCode.
So how come, when it's inside a div, you now have to use font-family instead of just font?
To me, a family is a collection (so, like, all the serif fonts for example, which can include Georgia).
Does that mean that Georgia is a family and there's a bunch of, I dunno 'sub-Georgia' fonts? xD
Sorry if this question seems random- it just really bugs me when I don't understand the logic behind things ._.

There are 5 different types of font families: Serif, Sans-Serif, Cursive, Fantasy and Monospace. Georgia is considered to be apart of the Serif family. The Serif family are typically proportionately-spaced, and tend to have finishing strokes, flared or tapering ends, or have actual serifed endings. I hope that helps C:

There are 5 different types of font families: Serif, Sans-Serif, Cursive, Fantasy and Monospace. Georgia is considered to be apart of the Serif family. The Serif family are typically proportionately-spaced, and tend to have finishing strokes, flared or tapering ends, or have actual serifed endings. I hope that helps C:
Haha thanks for the info, though that's not really what I was asking about xD

Haha thanks for the info, though that's not really what I was asking about xD
I am the mole who half read your post loool please excuse me. I'm still recovering from my wild new years night where i went to bed at 11pm instead of 8:30pm haha

If you take a look at the CSS spec sheet, the font property is a shorthand. This means that you need to include values for it such as size. That's why generally when you use divs, you use the property font-family instead.

A thing to note, the stuff used in divs isn't bbcode. it's CSS. you can use this as a guide for what properties there are. CSS: Cascading Style Sheets

If you take a look at the CSS spec sheet, the font property is a shorthand. This means that you need to include values for it such as size. That's why generally when you use divs, you use the property font-family instead.

A thing to note, the stuff used in divs isn't bbcode. it's CSS. you can use this as a guide for what properties there are. CSS: Cascading Style Sheets
Ooooh I get it now! Thank you so much ^w^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back