• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern camp starlight ✧ic

cherub.

𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥 ☁ 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘳
finally

d60e3ebc0668f22f9e014e495af2e5a1.jpg

WELCOME TO CAMP STARLIGHT!

You'll be dropped off by your parents ( or your friend(s) whoever the hecc drove you here ), at the entrance of the camp, and you have about two or three hours to put everything away that you brought with you! After that, you could either stay in the cabin, or you could go to the lake to swim, or you can participate in tug of war ( who wouldn't ), and other activities! When night falls, everyone comes to the campfire to both socialize and sing.

OK OK, everyone can post now (-:
Xena Xena , Trouvaille Trouvaille , erzulie erzulie , Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas , Zenabi Zenabi , + . l e m o n c h i l d . . l e m o n c h i l d .
delaphine delaphine

Last edited:
TAYLOR
mentions: none
outfit : x
It was a pretty long and bumpy ride to the camp, but Taylor really didn't mind that. He had fell asleep the whole entire ride, for it took about five hours to even get there from his house. He was snoring in the front seat, and his mother was in the drivers seat, singing pretty loud, it was surprising that he was even asleep. All of his luggage was in the back seat, the only thing his mom wouldn't allow him to bring was his electronics.. I mean, it was a camp! If you brought electronics they were most likely to be confiscated. The luggage consisted of all his clothes, a walkman, and some hats.. He loved to wear them, of course he had to wear them because it was going to be so hot outside that he wouldn't be surprised if someone got a heat stroke. The five hours passed by quickly, and his mother nudged his shoulder so he would wake up. It took her a couple tries, because he was a heavy sleeper, but he finally woke up. He stretched and yawned as he rubbed his eyes, and he looked at his mom.
"We're here, Tae!" His mother exclaimed as she had a big excited grin on her face.
Taylor didn't respond as he looked ahead, to see the camp his mother brought him to.
"Oh.. we're here." He said, not seeming very enthusiastic.
"C'mon, Taylor, you'll have fun, you'll make friends, and you'll even get that girlfriend you've been wanting!" She teased the boy, which made him upset and embarrassed.
He just shook his head as he got out of the car and went to the back seat, grabbing all of his luggage. After he did so, his mother waved happily as she drove off. He looked around, looking at the wooden signs that said:
" LAKE "
" HANGOUT "
" OFFICE "
and " NURSE ", all pointing in different directions. The camp was pretty big, and there were lots of places that he could go, there were even woods he could hike in to get away from others if he wanted to. He sighed as he adjusted his shirt and he frowned, hearing bugs buzzing around him.
"Well, looks like they weren't lying about the bugs.." He said under his breath.
He walked through a crowd of people and he waited in line so he could get the key to his cabin. He shook his head as he sighed. "This'll be a long few months.." He said softly to himself as he looked around to see if he could find any nature as he waited.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

caa315f0eb3548306d568a62e81ee228-1.jpg
CuHS4PYWAAEysQa-1.jpg
★ Replying to (potentially): [ cherub. cherub. , Trouvaille Trouvaille , erzulie erzulie , Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas , Zenabi Zenabi , . l e m o n c h i l d . . l e m o n c h i l d . ] ★

The car ride to the camp didn't include her parents. Actually, it didn't include anyone but herself, and one of the butlers from her house who she barely knew, but that her parents had seemingly... lots of trust in. She spent most of the ride in the BMW sprawled across the backseat, reading books she had already memorized, going through her tarot deck, and sorting through her crystals and geodes. She didn't touch her phone most of the entire ride, wanting to get used to the fact that there was a high chance she wouldn't get to use it while at the actual camp. She thought that was a good thing, more time to actually practice her witchcrafty ways and appreciate nature, maybe even purify her things if there was a full moon at any point.

The car finally came to a stop, and without saying goodbye with sorrowful waves to her... ah, butler. Not her parents of course, who never drive her to, as they liked to say, 'such a run down place', she exit the car, hawling out her pink dufflebag and looked around, not even bothering to check if the car that brought her here had driven away. She smiled, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air.

As much as she hated the circumstances, she had a good feeling that this would turn out alright. The only problem that faced her now, however, is that she had no idea where to go with her things. Was she meant to head straight for the cabins? Would a counselor pick her up? Or should she just venture into the woods and start a new life there?

Best to wait, most probably, to maybe find some kid she could talk to, even though there were signs to the office, and the hangout, places that most probably had people who could help her. Too bad Amanda was stubborn like that.

☾​

♡ Coding By: Xena Xena

Last edited:

Marceline Jones
tumblr_olpqdcDPXk1uwgemao1_1280.jpg

Interactions: Open
Mentions: N/A
Outfit: X
The ride to the camp was fun for Marceline. The car was filled with her close friends. Since this would be the last time they’d see her for the summer they figured that they’d turn up together one last time. The drop top was down and music blared from the speakers of the car. Marceline laughed and joked around with her friends. In the trunk of the car was her bags, it seemed as if she’d stuffed her whole wardrobe into some suitcases and duffel bags. To her there was never too much clothes to pack. She needed to make sure that she had an outfit for ever possible occasion. As the camp entrance came into view they group of friends quieted down. Once the car was parked Marceline got out of the car with her friends. Because of the amount of things that she had she needed help with moving her things. Marceline spotted a few people waiting in line. “I’ll come and get the rest my things later.” She said to them before waiting in line with the rest of the campers. Marceline was pleased to see that there were people her age in line as well . Maybe spending the summer here wouldn’t be so bad.

coding by @Wapiti

Last edited:
TAYLOR
mentions: none
As the line progressed forwards, Taylor started noticing more cars driving by to drop their kids, or friends, off. He looked around and he zoned out for a minute until the man waved in front of his face.
"Hellooo?" He said, which Taylor found annoying.
"What?" He snapped, with an annoyed tone of course.
"You're here to get your key, correct?" The man said, trying to be as nice as possible.
"Yes, yes, I am, what else would I be here for?" Taylor said as he looked at the man, the boys eyes almost piercing into his.
The man simply rolled his eyes before asking him, "And what must your name be, sir?"
"Names Taylor."
He responded plainly before tapping his foot on the ground below him, growing a bit impatient.
The man took a while to flip through a clipboard of papers before finding Taylors first and last name. He then grabbed a key with a specific number on it, and he gave it to him.
"Here you go. Your cabin is the one behind me, I think you'll be sharing it with another person." The man said with a smile as he watched Taylor walk off.
"Why do I have to share it with another guy?" He said to himself as he dragged his luggage to the cabin and he used the key to open up the door. It was pretty roomy, there was lots of space to do things, and there was a bathroom in the back. Thank god there wasn't a bunk bed, but instead two seperate beds beside each other. He nodded in approval as he smiled happily, something that was rare for him to do out in public. He started unpacking his things, putting his clothes in drawers and putting bug repellant on the dresser. He stretched as he was putting the last few things away.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

CuHS4PYWAAEysQa-1.jpg
★ Replying to (potentially): [ cherub. cherub.

It turned out that Amanda never found anyone who could tell her where to go, and the few people she tried to talk to snickered at her pentagram necklace with the obtuse juxtaposition of her pastel pink clothes and pink dufflebag.

With a sigh, she wandered off towards whatever facility she thought was available to her. What, would there be gender segregated cabins? How cute, she would find, thought right there and then she had no idea.

She found herself eventually at a cabin, shoving her dufflebag over her shoulder and walking into the cabin with a small huff of triumph. She, without anyone's help found a cabin. One that was unlocked, though, as she slowly started to walk down the hallway, she noticed almost immediately that it the cabin was primarily... no. Only men. Great, so the cabins were segregated by gender, after all. How quaint.

Amanda turned to go, rushing out before stopping at a cabin door, not wanting to crash into the person who was just getting out of what seemed to be their room. "Ah..." Amanda started, biting her lip as she tried to squirm by.

"Sorry. I was just leaving."

☾​

TAYLOR
mentions: Xena Xena
Taylor looked directly at Amanda, finally then knowing where the voice was coming from, because it didn't really sound like the guy that he was sharing rooms with. He just grunted a bit as he looked up at her with deep, black-looking eyes.
"Didn't they tell you where you're supposed to go?" He said to her, seeming pretty rude for his first impression on her.
He honestly liked being on his own.. on the outside, but he had to restrain himself from asking questions like,
'How are you?', 'Whats your name?', or.. 'Do you wanna hang out?'
"Anyways, you might've not waited in line, and thats not my problem." He said as he grabbed a small fan that was provided to him in the room, and he plugged it up, as Amanda left, he followed behind her, a small smile on his face.
'Maybe my mom was right about this girlfriend thing.' He thought and did a small happy dance in his mind, laughing a bit before closing the door to his cabin and looking at Amanda.
"The line is right there, if you want to know where you're going. It might take you some time, I hope you don't mind that." He said, he tried to sound as rude as possible as he said so.

code by arctic

Marceline Jones

Interactions: Open
Mentions: N/A
Once she retrieved her key Marceline headed over to her dorm with her things. She had been told that she’d be staying in the Cosmos cabin, the name was pretty cool. She figured that all the cabins had something to do with outer space. After setting her things down Marceline went to get the rest from her friends. People gave her weird looks when she returned with even more luggage. She just brushed them off, there was never such a thing as having too many clothes. Marceline made sure that she’d packed enough for every possible occasiona and then some. Looking good was important to her and she had a reputation to uphold. They didn’t know it now but soon enough people would realize just who was the most stylish in camp. When she made it back to her cabin Marceline began unpacking. She folded everything neatly and placed them on the drawers and closet. She left some empty space for her roommates. Whatever couldn’t fit she folded and placed them back into the duffel bags. Marceline went into the bathroom and her toothbrush and other hygienic products inside.

coding by @Wapiti

Amanda Ambrose

★ Replying to: [ cherub. cherub. ] ★

☾​
She tried her best to keep smiling the entire time that she spoke to the kid. Or, more realistically, as the kid spoke to her. Amanda wanted to retort back a witty remark, bite her lip sexually or bat her eyes and make a sly comment about her bulter dropping her off, in a way of telling this kid that she had money, but immediately thought against it, and with a shake of her head, looking the boy up and down, started to walk out, once again back on track, without replying to his casual snarky aftercomment. Of course she wouldn't mind if the line was long, isn't that what camp was about?

Amanda found it funny that the teen didn't think she knew he was following behind her, and so, once she reached the door, she stopped dead in her tracks, on purpose- to set him off guard, and turned around to him. He was taller than her, but it didn't bother her as much as she thought it would, as far as being intimidated goes.

Again, she laughed, lightly, almost mockingly. "This..." She looked him up and down for the second time. "Is a cute bad boy act you've got going for you. I don't think it's going to work as well as you hopped at a happy-go-lucky summer camp." She smirked, winking before turning back around and pushing open the door.

"Good luck, with that, though!"

☾​

TAYLOR
Taylor shook his head as she said so. He didn't say much after that, "Well, have fun with the line." He said as he looked at Amanda, trying to hold back another stupid smile as he raised his brows before sighing. He left and he looked around as he tried to find the woods. He decided to walk there, since he had nothing to do, and he had to wait on his roommate to come back.
"I don't think it's going to work as well as you hoped at a happy-go-lucky summer camp.." He mocked Amanda with a frown,
He looked at the sign he saw before and he saw the way to the woods, and he walked through the people in the line, not really caring if they got annoyed with him. He hummed quietly to himself as he started walking a path, and he put his hands in his pockets as he did so. He wondered about what would happen when everyone gathered around the campfire, knowing he probably wouldn't be socializing with anyone, and he wouldn't sing either. Singing wasn't his thing.. at all, really. He smiled and looked down as his feet were kind of getting tired, so he walked enough to see a bench he could sit down on. He had remembered to grab his walkman and his headphones out of his bag, so he took the device out of his back pocket and he grabbed the earphones as well. He looked at the tape that was in the walkman, it wasn't his favorite songs, but he wasn't going to walk all the way to the cabin to get a new one. He put his headphones in and he plugged them in, pressing play on the walkman and nodding his head to the music, he looked into the distance, getting pretty zoned out.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

☾​
Amanda laughed to herself, getting into the line and waiting for her turn, eventually getting her turn to get a room, with a room key, making her way to the cabins and moving to the small door with her number on it. She opened the door, before stepping inside and claiming a bed for herself, unpacking her things and placing them in the drawers. She kept all her witchy valueables in the dufflebag, which had a lock. She didn't care about the clothes she had packed, but more about her spirituality.

Now aware that she had a break, Amanda grabbed a backpack and stuffed all of the items from the dufflebag inside. The backpack was a light blue, and completely mismatched with her outfit, but she didn't mind. Besides, it's not like she was expecting to see anyone out in the woods. A break was a great opportunity to be with nature, maybe cast some spells, meditate... all good things.

She ventured into the woods, stopping dead in her tracks when she noticed the familiar face, a small smirk creeping onto her cheeks. "That shirt does you justice, huh?" Amanda teased, sitting down on the bench next to him, wanting to claim the wooden area that they now shared as hers. "So, what's a 'bad boy' like you doing out here in the woods?" She asked, bringing her backpack onto her lap and opening it slowly, pausing to look at him as she waited for a reply.

☾​

Last edited:

-

music boy tyler -

Tyler wqas dropped off by his mother, he quickly ran out, his guitar around his shoulder and his bag in his hand. He smiled and looked around, taking in the atmosphere which immediately made him let go of all of his worries, he was totally going to have fun today. Not only that, he'd be able to share his music with everyone, one thing that brought him joy. Tyler looked around on the map, a small smile on his face as he walked to his cabin, humming happily. The cabin "NEBULA" was right ahead of him, he walked in and set up all of his things, claiming the only twin bed, the other bed being bunkers. Once he was settled and sitting on his bed, he started playing his guitar, singing along to his guitar, he decided that he wanted to meet someone so he took his guitar and sat down in the middle of the camp, playing his guitar and singing beautifully, swaying softly.

response to: all c:

code by pasta

Last edited:
TAYLOR
Taylor didn't really notice her until she sat down.
"Huh?" He said as he turned around and looked at her, raising a brow. He then took one of his earphones out so he could hear better, and then even after that he turned down his music.
"I mean.. bad boys can hang out in the woods if they want." He said as he shrugged and he smiled a bit.
"What's a girl like you doing in the woods? Unless you were just following me." He said, holding back a smile as he looked away. He watched her open up her backpack, wondering what could be in there. He didn't want to be annoying, and lean in and try to see what was in her backpack. He shook his head and he looked away, it was getting kind of windy, and he put his feet up on the bench and crossed his leg in criss-cross.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

☾​
She looked over at him, laughing to herself lightly. "Oh, please." Was her answer, another small smirk creeping onto her face. She seemed to smirk a lot when she was with this boy. "I mean, no, bad boys don't ever go into the woods. Unless they're out here getting high or filling thier lungs with tar." She huffed, thinking of the way that the potential fumes could hurt the environment around them.

And then his second question came. Unless you were just following me? Please, that question would be a real laugh, and yet still, her normal answer was one that she was afraid might dent his ego. She wasn't trying to hurt his feelings. "I only follow things that interest me." She looked over at him, pushing her hair out of her face and smiling lightly, winking at him now, teasingly, before going back to looking in her bag.

"As for why I'm here?" She started- might as well be truthful about this one. Besides, it's not like he'd believe her. "I'm a witch, actually. I worship four gods, and one of them happens to like woodland areas for mediation. It also really helps clear all the negative energies I usually have to work with when I'm reading tarot or doing spells." She pulled out a small bag of crystals from the bag, placing them on the bench beside her.

☾​

-

music boy tyler -

Tyler sighed and laid on his back, looking up at the sky, not caring about the things that would get on his back. "Where is everyone?" He asked himself, watching the birds flying by, making him closing his eyes as he found himself at ease. "Maybe...maybe just a small nap." He said, hugging his guitar as he drifted off into a deep sleep, being tired from the long, 14 hour drive.

response to: all c:

code by pasta

Marceline Jones

Interactions: Tyler ( Xena Xena )
Mentions: Amanda ( Xena Xena )
Finally done with all her packing Marceline could go outside and see what people did around here for fun. While she was finishing up her roommate had entered. They didn’t exchange words since the other girl seemed he eager to head outside. It didn’t bother Marceline too much since they’d be staying in the same place for the whole summer. Marceline changed into something that was better suited for being in camp. She loved her dress but would rather not get it dirty. Once she was finished getting dressing she put her hair into a ponytail and headed out. As she walked out Marceline could have sworn that she heard music. It was a beautiful melody accompanied by an equally lovely voice. Marceline followed the sound and as she got closer the music began fainter until it stopped. She realized that she was in the of camp. Marceline watched as the others campers talked and went about their business. The atmosphere here was relaxing and warm. She eyes landed on someone with a guitar. From where she stood the person looked male but then again she couldn’t be sure. Marceline walked over, not realizing that they were napping. “Hey-oh!” She paused when she saw that their eyes were closed. Now Marceline was feeling a little embarrassed. She turned and started to walk away.

coding by @Wapiti

-

music boy tyler -

Being the light sleeper he was, Tyler woke up to the sound of a woman's voice, he sat up and grabbed the hand of the woman who was beginning to walk away. "Can I play a song for you? It brings me great joy to perform in front of people." He said sweetly, letting go of her hand, feeling like he had invaded her space by just grabbing her hand.

response to: erzulie erzulie

code by pasta

Marceline Jones

Interactions: Tyler ( Xena Xena )
Mentions:
Just as she was about to walk away someone grabbed her hand. Marceline jerked in surprise and turned to see who had grabbed her. When she noticed that it was the sleeping person holding her hand she frowned. She felt as if she had woken him up. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb your nap.” She apologized. Marceline looked suprised when he asked to play a song for her. “I’d really like that. From what I heard from before you have a lovely voice and you play beautifully.” She smiled kindly at him. Marceline took a step closer and sat beside him. “I’m Marceline by the way, but you can call me Marcy or Mj. Most people do.”

coding by @Wapiti

-

music boy tyler -

Tyler smiled widely and started playing his guitar, singing along perfectly, closing his eyes. He finished his song and looked at Marceline, smiling softly "Tyler, Tyler Rin." He introduced himself "Sorry that you saw me napping, I live two states away, it was a 14 hour drive.." He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck, sighing softly. "Anyways, I'm going to go walk around." He said as he stood up, walking off to the woods, humming quietly to himself.

response to: erzulie erzulie

code by pasta

TAYLOR
"I just go out to the woods to get away from others." Taylor said as he shook his head and he looked at Amanda. "It seems like you do find interest in me, if I'm not going to lie." Taylor said with a small chuckle and he smiled a bit. He put his walkman next to him, and he took out his other headphone. "If your god or whatever wants you to worship him in the woods, why not go somewhere else? Why sit next to me?" He said as he raised a brow, he knew this would probably get her thinking, but.. he began thinking of it himself. He looked away as he did think, 'Why does she want to sit next to me?' He raised a brow as he thought and he blushed slightly, refusing to look back at Amanda.

code by arctic

-

music boy tyler -

Tyler just so happened to stumble upon Taylor and Amanda, he smiled nervously and took one small step back, feeling intimidated for some reason. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked softly his eyes darting side to side to looked at both of them. He laughed, beginning to walk to the right "I'll just go." he said, humming yet again.

response to: cherub. cherub.

code by pasta

TAYLOR
"No, you weren't interupting anything." Taylor said as he shot a glare at Tyler as he left. He sighed softly as he looked back at Amanda, wondering what she was doing, after she said what she was doing, he was still confused. He still didn't say anything though, she looked kind of into it. He put one of his headphones back and, he continued listening to his music until she responded to him, and his question.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

★ Replying to: [ cherub. cherub. ] ★ Mentioned: . l e m o n c h i l d . . l e m o n c h i l d .

☾​
Amanda ignored him, falling deep into her meditation, closing her eyes and keeping her hands in her backpack, holding the gemstones in her back, not muttering anything, but keeping silent as she tried to consume the aura of the pure forest. Until something else came into the aura she was meditating in. Another person, maybe? She smiled, before opening her eyes and looking at the person who had now joined them, but didn't say anything about it.

She rubbed her eyes, looking at the boy who sat on the bench next to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question, did I?" Amanda said, laughing lighty to herself. "You have a very cocky aura, that's why. An aura that consumes, from what I can tell. Reminds me of Aphrodite."

☾​

TAYLOR
"So, what does.. uh.. a cocky aura mean?" He asked as he looked at Amanda, raising a brow. "And whaddya mean by consuming?" He honestly didn't get any of this, probably because he wasn't experienced in witchcraft like she was. He didn't know if that was bad or good, but how she said it made it seem like it was a bad thing. He reached into his back pocket, and he felt around, trying to find his phone, until he realized he didn't bring it. He was going to look up who Aphrodite was. "Hm.." He looked down as he rubbed his eyes clumsily. "Isn't Aphrodite that goddess of love and.. beauty and.. pleasure?" He said as he looked at Amanda again, looking kind of confused. "Are you hitting on me?!" He said.

code by arctic

Amanda Ambrose

★ Replying to: [ cherub. cherub. ] ★ Mentioned: . l e m o n c h i l d . . l e m o n c h i l d .

☾​
Her cheeks became a dark red, shaking her head. "A-are you joking?! No! I'm not fucking flirting with you!" She squeaked, looking to the side as she looked to the side, her cheeks getting darker and darker.

With a small, Amanda looks over and closes her backpack, shaking her head. "Yes, Aphrodite is the godess of... S-sex, and no, your aura is fine, it just reminds me of her. There's a lot more to her than sex, though."

With another huff, she got up, getting ready to leave out of pure embarassment.

☾​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back