Anime & Manga CALLING ALL WEEABOOS/ OTAKUS (anime humor)

What's a Weeaboo?

It's a slang term used to refer to fans of Japanese pop culture. It originated from a comic strip that had nothing to do with anime at all, then for a while it was mostly a derogatory term for the sort of fan who prefers Japanese media to the exclusion of all other kinds of media, wishes they were Japanese or living in Japan, peppers their speech with certain Japanese words, etc. But as time passed the meaning was somewhat diluted and nowadays it seems to be a sort of vaguely self-deprecating term for a fan of Japanese pop culture as I see it used more often nowadays in a neutral or positive context.

It's a slang term used to refer to fans of Japanese pop culture. It originated from a comic strip that had nothing to do with anime at all, then for a while it was mostly a derogatory term for the sort of fan who prefers Japanese media to the exclusion of all other kinds of media, wishes they were Japanese or living in Japan, peppers their speech with certain Japanese words, etc. But as time passed the meaning was somewhat diluted and nowadays it seems to be a sort of vaguely self-deprecating term for a fan of Japanese pop culture as I see it used more often nowadays in a neutral or positive context.

Hmm...i see...very intriguing...very intriguing, indeed...LOL :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back