• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bygones

Celestiel

Angel with a shotgun
"Forget past mistakes and forget failures.
Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it."
~ William J. Durant

Chase Rivers, 24 years old, Male

Dark blonde hair, Brown eyes
6" ft tall, Sporty build

Emmy Emmy

Last edited:
"My best dreams and worst nightmares
have the same people in them."
-Philippos Syrigos

Jessica Louise Thompson
Twenty-three (23)

Light brown hair with blonde low lights,
Hazel colored eyes,
Stands at 5'5",
Slender build.

Face Claim : Bridget Satterlee

Last edited:
"For heaven's sake, love you asshole!", Chase yelled behind the steering wheel of his car, glaring through the windshield at the car in front of him.
It wasn't like that person there was driving too slow, but for Chase, they definitely were.
He didn't have that Porsche for driving like a grandpa after all!
"Idiot!", He hissed, indicated to the left and steered onto the opposite Lane to pass the driver in front of him.
His engine howled as he stepped on the gas, and just in that moment, his eyes widened as his guts cramped up into an ice cold lump.
He could go left, right or backwards as the car raced towards him at the same insane speed he had, too.
The last thing he heard was a crash so loud it felt like his head was shattering.
And then darkness settled over him.

Chase woke up to a white ceiling above him.
He blinked confused and wanted to sit up, but the pain that shot through his entire body and mainly his head made him fall back into the mattress before he could even do so much.
"Argh...", He growled painfully and just settled to moving his eyes and trying to get a glimpse at his surroundings that way.
As far as he could tell, he was in a hospital room.
But he had absolutely no idea how he got here or... Or basically anything.
Fear rose inside him as he had to notice that he didn't remember anything at all, nothing but his name.
Chase.
And that was that.

"What...", He whispered silently. The pain, the hospital and all made him guess he had had an accident and suffered amnesia from that, but that didn't really help him in his current situation.
"Hello...?", He called, he his voice shaking.
There was absolutely nothing more terrifying than having no idea who you are and where you are, or even what year it is.
The button!
Trying to suppress his rising panic, Chase pressed the button on the wall next to his bed that would call a nurse to come into his room.
Maybe they could tell him what was going on...

Jessica awoke early, as usual, seeing as her shift usually started at six 'o clock in the morning. She continued her morning with her daily cup of iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts and a casual drive to the hospital. She was still training to be a nurse at Sweetwater Medical Hospital, but she was almost done and her schooling would finish just before her training. She had worked hard to be where she was and things were looking up for her. Just a couple more weeks and she would be getting paid to do what she loved. The nurses that were training her were not only showing her the ropes, but they trusted her enough to take care of patients. They would only stand beside her as she drew blood or ran an IV.

Her life was perfectly normal until an ex-boyfriend from high school had ended up as one of the patients on the floor she often trains on. He had been dreadful to her regardless of how much she put up with. He had been emotionally abusive and towards the end of their relationship, he had begun being physically harmful to her. There was no way she was going to tell anyone, so she sucked it up and changed his bedsheets every few days. It made it a little easier since he was in an induced coma to stop any further swelling in his brain. No matter how he had treated her years prior, it still wasn't easy for her to see him in that state.

"Morning, Mabel." She had spoken with a kind smile as she rounded the nurse's desk on the fifth floor.

The red-headed woman smiled up at Jessica. "Good morning. I hope you slept well." She was in her late twenties with freckles flooding her cheeks and over the bridge of her small nose. She had been the most helpful in Jessica's training and studies. "It's just me and you for a few hours. You can start in room 503. Mr. Chase Rivers should be waking up soon. Doctor Blackwell took him off the sedatives last night. Oh-" Just as she finished her sentence the little red dot lit up for room 503. "Looks like he's awake. I need you to make sure he's comfortable. He's going to be groggy so speak calmly. If he gets out of hand or something is out of the normal for his injuries come find me." She offered Jessica another kind smile. "You're doing wonderfully so far." And then she left to do her rounds.

She didn't want to go in there. She didn't want Chase to recognize her. But she had to.

She slipped on her grey medical jacket, the color signaling others that she was in training to become a nurse, and slowly opened the door to Chase's room. As she looked at him their eyes met and she felt like running, but she didn't.

"Chase?" She painted on her best smile. He seemed to have a certain panic in his eyes, which she was told would be normal for him. "You need to calm down. Everything is okay. You're going to be fine." She stood next to his bed now, checking the IV that ran into his left arm. The monitor on her right told her that Chase's blood pressure was a little low, but it should rise to a normal number with some time.

She tried her best to stick with the hospitality that came naturally to her and not focus on their history together.

Chase had, while waiting for the nurse, managed to find the remote that controlled the bedframe and brought it into a halfway sitting up position that allowed him to see more of his surroundings.
To be honest, he had no idea how or why he knew how that there was even a function like to the bed, but he somehow did know it, and to be honest, that only made everything scarier.
It was like he remembered things, without remembering why he remembered them.
In the other hand though, he was grateful that he didn't have to learn everything all over like a big baby.

When the nurse entered his room and greeted him by what he was pretty certain was his first name, he furrowed his brows in confusion, knowing that usually patients and nurses weren't on first name basis.
Did they know each other somehow?
Or rather, was he supposed to know who she was?

He tried so hard, wrecked his mind in an attempt to get just a little glimpse of his memories and trying to recognize her, but his memory was completely wiped, and all the thinking made his head ache even more than it already did.
That forced smile on her face however worried him... She seemed almost afraid of being in his reach, guessing from the look in her eyes, and he had no clue why.
He really wasn't someone who'd give others a reason to fear him... Was he?

Trying to put his mind to rest for now, Chase just smiled at her apologetically as he studied the name tag on her grey coat.
"I eh-", he mumbled softly "Miss... Thompson? Sorry but... Do we somehow know each other? I don't remember... Anything, honestly."
His gaze was helpless like the one of a lost puppy as he looked up at her.
"Why don't I remember anything? All I know is my name..."

Jessica couldn't help but freeze into place for a moment too long. She had never heard Chase speak so politely, let alone had he ever called her by her last name. Even before he verbally told her he had amnesia, she knew. He wasn't acting like the Chase she once knew. She took a deep breath and looked over at him sitting up on the bed with his head wrapped in bandages. Chase's doctor had told the nurses that this could very well happen, but she didn't expect it to wipe away his all-too-angry personality. She would have to tell Mabel about his memory loss after this visit with him. But even a doctor couldn't fix this. Memories came back with plenty of time usually, not with the help of medication.

She wasn't going to answer his question about if he knew her. She couldn't.

She slowly took a seat in the uncomfortable padded chair next to his bed and looked up at him, mulling over how she could tell him what happened. Upsetting him wouldn't be beneficial to anyone involved. "You were in an accident." Her hands nervously folded in her own lap. "You hit your head on the steering wheel in front of you hard enough to cause trauma in your reticular activating system-" She had been studying far too much. She needed to use simpler words on a patient so panicked and confused. "I mean, it knocked you unconscious on impact. The impact also caused injury to your hippocampus, which is the part of your brain that holds your longterm memories." In the moment, she honestly couldn't believe she was the one to explain such a horrific ordeal to Chase. "You had swelling in your brain, so Doctor Blackwell had to put you into a medically induced coma."

She winced. Now that she thought about it, she would have felt absolutely terrible giving anyone this news. She wanted to be a nurse to help people, but sometimes you have to bring heartache with the bitter truth. It was part of the job she had never experienced before then. "It's been eight days since you were last awake."

"eight days!", Chase repeated shocked, his eyes wide.
He ran his left hand through his hair, staring at his bedsheets while he tried to wrap his mind around those news.
Coma.
That one word kept repeating in his head like an echo, coma, coma, coma...
Something like that just seemed so unbelievable, so far away... Sure, you heard about things like that in the news now and then, but somehow it always seemed like something like that just didn't happen to normal people the media didn't talk about.
Yet, here he was, not remembering anything but his name after having floated between life an death for over a week.
It felt like a nightmare, something that just couldn't be true... But it was.
All this would have been less terrifying if he could remember anything!

His gaze snapped back to Miss Thompson just a second before his hand gripped her forearm- yet not in any violent way, but rather as if he just needed something, anything, to hold on to, to not lose his mind.
"Will my memory return?", He asked, already terrified of the answer.
What if it wouldn't?
Forgetting an appointment was one thing, but an entire life? That was a whole different league of fucked up.

As soon as he noticed that he was holding on to her arm, he let go again and cracked an apologetic smile.
"Sorry, I-... It's just really terrifying, you know?", He sighed softly as he let his gaze wander around the room.

That's when he noticed...
The room looked he had just been brought here.
No flowers, no get well soon cards, no little knickknacks supposed to bring good luck... The room was empty.
And he... He was all alone, wasn't he?
His eyes went dull at that realisation and Chase turned back to look at Miss Thompson with a somber expression in his- compared to before the accident- gentle, deep brown eyes.
"In these eight days...", he said silently "there was no one visiting me, was there?"
He slightly shook his head.
Why?
Why had no one come, why had no one cared that he had been close to death?
"Where did I go wrong to end up all alone...?", he mumbled under his breath, actually to himself, before he tried to move on with his thoughts before they could depress him even more.
"Miss Thompson?", he said, "you addressed me with my first name. If we're on first name basis... Would you mind telling me yours? I... Guess I forgot that, wherever we know eachother from..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back