• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

By the Kings Order

Alexandria sighed. She was happy. She spend time with her sister her husband.She how ever wasn't allowed to get up till it was her time. She spoke with her sister and laughed. They were just talking about being with child. Her hands layed a top her stomach. Atleast she wouldn't have to deal with the winter. She however was really warm.

Alexandria saw her sister was showing. Obviously not like her, and Angus looked so proud yet protective. She sighed and closed her eye's. She was slightly un comfortable just from all the pain of her chest being heavier. She moved a bit and sighed. She asked her sister about life with Angus. The talked quietly.

Death to all betrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
The winter passed and spring finally arrived. It was almost that time for Alexandria to have her child and Claire was as big as a house. Angus' family was there at the castle as Claire had come visiting and had gotten where she could not be traveling back to the Farm. It had been a good winter with no problems. Every one was happy and Duncan was as anxious as his wife about the baby. Would it be a boy or girl. Duncan came into their chambers. "How are you doing today." he asked her. Claire was there as well talking to her sister. He sat on the edge of the bed. "How long do you think it will be?"

Angus was there as well grinning from ear to ear as he sat close to Claire a hand on her stomach. "Well when the wee one comes, it will be only a couple more months and ours will be arriving." Duncan laughed and kissed his wife. Servants were coming and going keeping an eye on Alexandria and Claire. His mother was making sure that her two adopted daughters were well and healthy. She wanted them to have their children as best as they could.

Alex had a tough winter of staying inside and in bed. She had her sister visit often and they would just talk and laugh. Alexandria felt huge. She hated this she was uncomfortable and needed help to stand. She grumbled every time that he or she better be worth it. She was joking,but she was not one to ask or need help. Alex looked up as her husband came in she was talking to her sister. She finished her thought and looked at him. "Not totally sure love. They tend to come when they want to from what your mother said." She said and kissed him gently. She laughed at angus and shook her head."that is true." She said. They talked for a bit more and Claire was getting tired so she went to her chamber's. It definitely was a waiting game now. Alexandria was very close . She had help getting up to grab a drink and use the bathing room. She was walking back and held her stomach and gasped. Her grip tightened on the frame. A maid came over and asked if she was okay. She shook her head."No I pretty sure the baby is coming." She said.

DeathToAllBetrayers

When she said the baby was coming, the place was filled with servants and his mother came. Alexandria was placed on the bed and water was heated, clean cloths brought. Midwives were brought in and Duncan began to pace. He was anxious. It was his and Alexandria's first child and now he began to worry. Like so many other fathers before him, he paced and the women shooed him away. Him and Angus paced outside the chambers doors. Word spread and soon the courtyard of the palace was filled with the people of the village. They all waited for news of the birth. All were excited about it. Their Laird was to have a child, it was a big thing for the clan.

Inside the room Heather dabbed Alexandria's head with a damp cloth. She smiled down at Alexandria. "I know you are hurting and it feels like a life time, but the little one is coming and seems to want to be born today." Heather had talked to Alexandria at length about this day and what she needed to do. "Remember what I have talked to you about and all will be fine."

Alexandria was whisked to the bed. She groaned and leaned back. She saw Duncan shooed out. She wanted him to stay,but knew he wouldn't. She leaned back and closed her eyes.

Alexandria had Heather next to her. She nods and bit her lip. She let out a slight screech. She leaned back and closed her eyes. She cryed out and leaned forward. She looked at Heather for help. Her eyes were pleading with her. She bit her lip and held on to the sheets. Pain racked threw her body as she layed there.

After hours of labor the midwife. Told her it was time and to push. Alexandria did and cryed out. She begged to make it stop. Alex was not happy and this pain definitely one of the worst she had ever. She just wanted it over. She cryed out in pain again and finally layed back as her child came into the world crying out.

Alexandria smiles tiredly and breathed. She had given Duncan a son. She held him and smiles after a midwife had cleaned alex and the child up and even the bed. She handed Alex her son. The door opened and the woman smiles at Duncan."Aye yee have a son.Go in go in but only Laird Duncan do not want to over whelm the lady and child." She said.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Duncan did not have to be told twice. He ran in and to the bed. he took one of Alexandria's hands and looked down at her and his new born son smiling. Then he looked up and at the midwives. "She is fine and the baby is fine. Both are healthy and there is no problems." they smiled back at him. Servants took out the bloody stained sheets and clothes and water. He sat on the bed and squeezed Alexandria's hand. "A son." he looked at her. "The Clan's name will go on. May he find one like you when he is grown." he told her. He then bent down and kissed her lips tenderly.

"Alright son." Heather said, "She has been trough a lot. She now needs rest and in a while you can come back." She shooed him out and shut the door and went back to Alexandria. "We will be here for you and Declan." she bent down and kissed Alexandria on the forehead and then the same to Declan. Heather looked proud as well. She had a grandson and soon there would be another little one that would be born in the Castle. Oh she was happy and content.

Duncan and Angus went out to stand on the steps of the castles main house. The people all turned to look up at him. He smiled, "We have a son." he called out." There were cheers and shouts. "His name is Declan." The celebration then began in earnest. The Highlanders always had their reasons for celebrating. They enjoyed life and celebrated it when they could. Angus chuckled and slapped his cousin on the back.

"This be a grand day cousin." Angus said. "Soon my Claire will have our wee one. I can hardly wait to hold that little bundle, be it a boy or a girl. A child is always a wonderful gift to a family.

Alexandria smiles up at her husband holding her son. She kissed his head. Declan was a beautiful baby. He definitely more looked like Duncan. She held her son gently. The midwives said. She and her son were fine and healthy. She nods."Your son Declan my love"she smiles."yes the clan name shall go on and I am sure he will." She said. She kissed him back. She was happy he was here.

She frowned slightly when heather shooed him out. She nods to heather and smiles. "Thank you." She said tiredly. A Nurse came and took her son from her arms. Alexandria began to panick."No please don't take my son." She said.Her voice was strained.Heather held her hand gently."shhh you need sleep my dear your son isn't going any where I promise." Heather. Said. Alexandria nodded trusting her. She rolled to her side with a yawn. She closed her eyes to sleep.

She woke later in the evening. She heard the celebration in her son's honor. She smiled and pushed herself up and leaned back. She wanted her son, just as she thought about a woman brought her, there child. Alexandria looked at the small childe and smiles. She held him gently.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Duncan was informed when Alexandria awoke. He was here as fast as he feet could carry him. He saw his son in her arms. Both looked like the most beautiful thing in the world. Both were his and his alone. He sat down on the bed and took his wife in his arms and kissed her deeply. Then he kissed his son's fore head and ran a finger over the little face. "Well now little Declan, you are finally here in big wide world. So many things for you to see and do as you grow. I think your mother is quite happy that you have finally arrived." he looked at Alexandria smiling. "So my sweet and lovely wife, are you strong enough to come with me to present our son to the people of the clan?"

Everyone was wanting to have a look at the heir of the clan. It was only proper and fitting that Alexandria be there with him when he presented the child to the clan. It was indeed a joyous day for all. Duncan had held of on celebrating so he could be sober and fit to present his son. After that well, he would be celebrating the birth of his son with a gusto. What father would not celebrate the birth of their child. But first and foremost was his duty to his clan and his wife.

Alexandria smiles upon seeing her husband. She kissed him back happily. She sighed and shook her head. She looked at her amazing son. She held him close and protectively."definitely happy you are here my little one." She said. She smiled at Duncan and nods ."of course my dearest husband." She said.

She let Duncan hold there son as she slowly got up. She had help getting dressed. She felt slightly weak still but wouldn't show it. She took her son from her husband and smiles at him."ready when you are my live." She wanted to show her son off.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Duncan lead Alexanria out of the room once she was properly dressed in warm clothing. Spring had come but it was still a bit cool. Down the stairs and out onto the steps he took her. As the great doors of the main house opened the people stopped what they were doing and all looked up. All eyes turned to the stairs and more people began crowding in from outside of the castle through the gate. Soon the court yard was packed with the people of the village. Duncan smiled as he gently took his son from Alexandria and took a deep breath. "I present to you my son Declan Mccloud!" he called out proudly. The people cheered and called out Declan's name. He handed the small bundle back to Alexandria, and caressed his son's face. Putting an arm around his wife he pulled her close. This was a day to remember. He imagined it was like that when he had been born and presented to the people. Now he would make sure his son grew up proper and learned to love and respect his people.

At the gate the people began to part as a man on horse back rode in. It was Connor. He dismounted and made his way up the stairs to the two of them. He took Duncan in a bear hug and then kissed Alexandria on the cheek and hugged her as well being mindful of the baby. "Congradulations my friend." he slapped Duncan on the back hard. "Lady McCloud." he said with a broad smile. "Ye seem to be the first to have a child. My Jamie's wife is expecting any day now." he laughed. He looked at the people below still cheering and raising cups of wine in salute and celebration. "A rousing welcome for the wee one I see."

Alexandria walked with him her head high. She was proud of her son. She looked at the courtyard as they all looked at them. She frowned slightly when Duncan took her son out of her arms. She watched her husband present there son. She sighed when he was returned to her warm embrace. She smiled down at the bundle in her arms. He fussed till he got comfy in Alexandria's arm.

She looked up hearing. A horse. She glared a minute till she saw Connor and let out small grin. She loved the Laird like a brother. She used on arm to hug him back. She kissed his cheek."welcome dear Laird Connor. Thank you." She said."of course it wouldn't be us unless we welcomed our son properly." She said with a small smile. She leaned into her husband she was still slightly exhausted from earlier.

DeathToAllBetrayers

"This calls for celebration my boy. We must open a keg for sure to do it right." he laughed. Again he slapped Duncan on the back and put an arm about each of them and walked between them as they reentered the castle. "My boy Jamie is a nervous wreck." he laughed. "I think his wife is taking it better then him. Being a father is something he never had to look forward till recently. It seems you have weathered it quite well." Down into the main hall were servants were serving up a meal. Duncan and Alexandria had been eating up in their rooms the last month. So the Servents and some of the elders of the clan had been using it to eat.

"Join us Sire, Lady McCloud." they called and mad sure their seats at the head of the table was prepared for them. "We did not expect to see you down so soon Lady McCloud, or we would have made a proper banquet fore ye." Duncan made sure she was seated with Declan before he took his seat and Connor sat on the other side of him.

That is when Connor turned more serious. "Ye been hearing the rumors from the south? It seems the English King has hired on an army of mercenaries to supplement his army. These be hard bitten warriors of many battles."

Duncan had heard the rumors and had been worried about them. Yes he could count on the 20 clans to come together again to join the King and his army along with the Earl of Worthington and the small army that the clans had helped forge. But perhaps this time it would not be enough. It would be a hard fight.

Alexandria nods to Connor and laughed gently and tiredly. She let out a small breath and looked down at her sleeping son he was so precious to her, she still loved her husband. However now her love was split between her two men. They made there way to eat.

She was surprised to see the servants inviting them over to eat. It was very kind of them. She smiled "come now not even having my amazing son could keep me down especially presenting him to the others. A proper banquet is not necessary. Trust me all this is fine." She said. She held Declan and kissed him gently. She smiled and sighed, her son was perfect.

She listened to Connor speak,what the hell was Connor talking about. Had Duncan hid this from her. Her sharp blue eyes turned to them. She knew this was not good,and now she couldn't leave not with there son to care for. She stood slowly," I will take my leave and eat upstairs. Laird Connor good to see you as always." She said. She bows her head to her husband and Connor. She made her way back upstairs to there chambers.

She layed back on the bed with her son. She ate slowly and fed Declan. They both fell asleep Declan in her arms as she layed leaning back on the head board. She was very tired still.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
Duncan could see that Alexandria did not like the way the conversation was going. With a child now, she would not be able to march with them into battle as she had before. Or so she thought. He was not about to leave her behind and as for their son, he would be in good hands with his mother and the many servents that would make sure he had everything he needed and some one with him every minute of the day and night. As the wife to the Laird, if something happened to him, she became the leader of the clan. In war it was important that the succession of leadership was there during war. She had shown she could take command and he needed to.

Duncan ate and talked at length with Connor. The clans were ready and had been honing their fighting skills. But Duncan did not think it would be enough this time. They had surprised the Northern Army by showing up and with their pipes playing, had shaken the conscripts and solders alike of the English. This time though they would have a core of hard bitten warriors that had seen many battles along with the trained soldiers of the English King. But they would go and they would fight as they had promised not only their King but the Earl of Worthington and the people that had freed from English Rule.

When he finally made it back up to their rooms Alexandria was asleep with Declan on her breast. He sat on the bed and moved some stray hair away from her face. She would be going with him for sure when the time came. It was still some time a way. The king had to either grow or buy supplies for his army. Stock piles of it would have to be made and then he had to have the coin to pay for the extra men he had hired. That meant increased taxes and more decent among the common people. The King was playing a very dangerous game with the people and with France. But no matter what he did people would die and lives would be ruined. That was the way of war.

Alexandria woke slowly to his touch. She looked at him with a small smile. "My Love?" She asks gently. She sat up and moved Declan and fixed her night gown. She sat up slowly and gently moved her son in her arms."so how was dinner with Connor."She asked him.

Alexandria was tired and didn't really want to talk about him going. She knew he tell her she would have to stay with Declan or leave him with his mother and a bunch of people and she didn't like that Idea either. Either way she wouldn't be happy. She watched him and slipped her free hand in her husband's. She sighed and sat up.

"Sorry was just tired earlier." She said."giving birth to kids is harder then you think." She said and laughed."want to hold your son or not now?" She asked gently. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. She sighed, she just hoped he didn't go into anything tonight.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Duncan took his son and held him. He still had to get use to it but he had seen how his wife carried him and held him so he cradled the baby in his one arm and caressed his face with the fingers of his other hand. "Ah such a world awaits you my son. You will grow and see such beauty." he told his son. But first Duncan had to ensure that he would and not have to worry about the English. Later he would discuss things with Alexandria but at the moment the three of them needed some quiet family time. He could still not believe he was a father, even with his son in his arms. That had been something he had not really thought of and now there his son was.

"Well then you will rest my love and our son will be here with you and me. I see his crib has been brought in and placed by the bed. If what I have heard is true, we will be not getting much sleep for a while." he chuckled. His son would want feeding a number of times and then the changing of the lads diaper. Now that would be the fun part. He laughed thinking about it and he was not going to be denied the duty of doing such a thing, even though they had servents and Alexandria would do it as well, he would be there to do his share.

Alexandria smiled down at her son and looked at her husband holding him. She smiled,"aww my little man, this is your father." She said when the child moved in Duncan's arms. The child knew it wasn't his mother. Declan made a small noise and moved in Duncan's arms. Alexandria smiled and cooed at her son.

She sighed looking at her husband." I has them move the crib in here,I didn't want our son far from us. And sleep no that something we wont get definitely for sometime with this one." She yawned and got on the bed and layed out on the bed while her husband held there son. She closed her eyes and sighed. She would hate waking up in the middle of the night. She fell fast asleep again, her dreams were dark. She finally woke with a start and looked around for her son and Duncan. She only been out for a few minutes or so. She breathed in out."He okay?" She asks worried

DeathToAllBetrayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back