• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Buttered Biscuits ;; A Restaurant Drama! ((CLOSED))

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood Dejected & Jealous

location Buttered Biscuits; Kitchen

outfit Line Cook Uniform

mentions Zeke

interactions Monica

tag @Lizy

zeke spinelli

/* ------ right side ------ */

A sense of relief washed over Orion as Monica tilted her head back up towards them. They instantly planted a charming grin, spanning from cheek to cheek. They loved having her attention on them-- in fact they seemed to crave it.

That and that teasing grin she always seemed to share with them. Her eyes seemed to sparkle whenever that playful little smirk flitted across her features.

"Food?? For an entire month?? You sure I can't just take you to dinner sometime and call it even?" Orion couldn't help but drop the playful flirtation in, if for no other reason than to see Monica's reaction.

"Ehhh I guess you couldn't make it that easy on me, could you? Maybe this is just your excuse to see me every day." They shot her a playful wink and chuckled a bit. "You coulda just asked for that." They shrugged, then pretended to consider it.

Once again, however, Monica was checking her phone the moment it went off, and Orion felt their heart sink once again. Were they not entertaining enough for her? This was killing them, this boiling jealousy, this constant wondering if they were good enough to be paid attention to. They'd had enough of that being the baby of the family.

Her words confirmed it was Zeke again. Jeez, again with that guy? They liked Zeke, sure, but this was getting annoying. "Sexy? Yeah I guess-- you wouldn't be the first serve to go gaga over him, you know. He's been around the block a bit." What? As if they themselves hadn't? Now they were just being unfair. "He's a wizard in the kitchen though-- why haven't you asked him to cook your meals for you?"

Ohhh, there it was. That hateful sort of envy they didn't like having. The green-eyed monster had taken over, and they sounded more bitter than they had intended to. They didn't like letting other people know about their more 'negative' feelings. They'd rather just bottle those up.

Their eyes caught on to the last message before Monica pulled her phone out of sight, and they physically bit their tongue to keep from saying anything. Did that last message from Zeke imply what they thought it did?

Luckily, Monica changed the subject. They forced themselves out of their stupor, just a little bit, at least enough to address her question. "Y-yeah. Yeah. You've got a deal. Alliance of the century it is. Just um. Let me know when and-- just bring the prep list by my station please?" Their flirtation was a bit half-hearted, that much was obvious as they turned around to head back to the kitchen. They did, however, have enough grace to pause and shoot a glance at Monica over their shoulder with a sweet half smile. "Thanks, Monica." Then they gathered themselves up to get ready to go work with Zeke in the kitchen. This ought to be a fun shift.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

• intro

halloween

jp ashkar

halloween festival.

I

f there ever was a city who knew how to throw a good party, it was Nashville, Tennessee. With every national holiday, the city was rejuvenated with seasonal festivities to liven up their streets. Halloween was no different as the city came alive with a vibrant and eerie energy that could not be ignored. At the heart of this holiday's festivities was the annual Halloween Festival, "Chills and Thrills". Just fifteen minutes away from Buttered Biscuits is Percy Warner Park, the regular location for this Chills and Thrills festival. The park is perfectly suited for such a festival, complete with various trails for different attractions to set up shop along, as well as enough wide open spaces for any large stages or rides to set up in.

As the sun slowly began its journey to the horizon in the late afternoon, the hard-working staff of Buttered Biscuits quickly finished their closing duties to get off work right at 2pm. Of course, at a restaurant, this never happens as Nashville's residents were filled with those who liked to show up last minute and order everything on the menu. But when the last customer was ushered out the doors, when the last of the tills was counted up, and the last of the dishes were cleaned, everyone rushed out of the restaurant. There were some "see ya!"s and "have fun!"s shouted from over different employee's shoulders as they each headed back to their apartments. Just about everyone at Buttered Biscuits made plans to attend the Chills and Thrills Halloween Festival. Some planned coordinated costumes, some wanted to surprise their friends, others decided to not dress up at all.

The festival opened its gate at 5pm sharp. The sun had inched ever closer to dipped behind the horizon, beginning to cast ever growing shadows along the ground. The weather was, simply put, perfect. As festival-goers made their way in, they were greeted with a crisp, cool breeze that not only gently rustled the orange and golden leaves waiting to fall to the ground, the breeze also brought the comforting scents of the different food booths set up towards the entrance of the festival. Cinnamon and baked apples along with all kinds of deep fried treats, the perfect smell of fall.

Those who had visited Percy Warner Park before would not be able to recognize it with all the decorations for the festival. Twinkling orange and purple lights were strung up in seemingly every tree, shining their lights behind fake cobwebs; some even sported glittery black spiders and bats throughout the trees. But the trees were not the only source of light at the festival. Very strategically and carefully strung up overhead all the main pathways of the park were jack-o-lanterns. Each was individually carved (some more intricate and detailed than others) and lit up with artificial candles to further illuminate the festival. In between different booths and games and attractions, there were different goblin, vampire and witch animatronics set up with the intent to scare any nearby child who assumed it was inanimate.

As costumed-adorned festival go-ers explored further into the park, they would encounter much more than the kiddy games and food booths at the entrance. In the center of the park, there was a decent-sized stage, complete with lights and microphones to trade between different musical and theatrical acts. There were many benches set up as the "audience" for the stage, although many people preferred to stand and watch. Even further in were the more exciting and adult attractions. There was a hedge maze, decorated very similarly to the rest of the park, just less lit and more horrors. And of course, the main attraction for anyone over the age of 16, the Haunted House. One of the most well-reviewed haunted houses in the state, anyone who enjoyed Halloween at all made it a point to get through this haunted house. Complete with flashing lights, fog machines, and even in-character actors that roamed the few feet leading to the house.

The sun was on its final legs before it completely dipped and allowed the moon to shine. The popularity of the festival was obvious as more and more individuals made their way through the gates and dispersed throughout the park. Some were families with small children, immediately bee-lining towards the ring toss. Others were teenagers who had obviously pre-gamed and were trying to deciding if carving pumpkins were a good idea. And of course, our favorite restaurant employees slowly made their way to the gates.

intro

cast

get to cookin',

or get to
steppin'

time

8pm

date

31, October 2023

Nashville, TN
@ The Halloween Festival

status

closed

♡coded by uxie♡

Raelyn Helios

server

mood.

did i really dye my hair for a boy?

location.

Her apartment -> knocking on Zeke & Piper's door

interactions.

waiting for piper or zeke!

Mama, come here; Approach, appear. Daddy, i'm alone; cause this house don't feel like home. If you love me, don't let go. Hold on, hold onto me cause i'm a little unsteady. Mother, I know that you're tired of being alone. Dad, I know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying.

i'm still fighting for my peace.

The night that Rae had been both dreading and looking forward to was finally here; Halloween. Raelyn never really had good experiences with Halloween like most of her co-workers seemed to have. While everyone else had been sharing stories of parties, trick-or-treating, dressing up and staying up all night. Stories painted in excitement, fondness and nostalgia. But Rae didn't share any of that sentiment; her past Halloweens were remembered in shame and disgust. Working as an adult entertainer against her will, every Halloween was a spectacle at the strip club; She was always forced to dress in the most skimpy version of a costume the manager picked for her. When she finally escaped the club and started her new life, she swore up and down that she would never wear another skimpy costume ever again.

When she looked at her chosen costume for this year, she felt she could've laughed at herself. Last minute, Rae decided to change her costume idea from Starfire to Raven from Teen Titans. She knew she wanted to dress up as someone from her favorite show, and her heart was always with Starfire. But when the Buttered Biscuits crew was discussing Halloween costumes on and off, a certain flirty cook mentioned dressing up as Beast Boy and something like a light bulb lit up in Rae. As soon as she clocked out from the restaurant, she headed to the closest cosmetics store and purchases a bottle of temporary purple hair dye. She was already planning on temporarily dying her hair for her costume, she was just changing from hot pink to purple.

She had never made such a bold move for a guy before. In fact, the more she thought about it, she realized she had never even had a genuine crush or been genuinely attracted to anyone. Every guy she had come across before the restaurant was at the club, and Rae always just tried to keep her head down and be barely pleasant in hopes of getting in and getting out as fast as possible. So committing to the costume changing, after telling everyone she was going to be Starfire, dying her hair, everything was very bold for Rae to do.

But looking at herself in the mirror, she couldn't help but feel ashamed. The hair dye ended up being the perfect shade, she pieced together the perfect make-shift costume completed with the forehead gemstone and cloak, but she still felt ashamed. What if he laughed at her? Thought she was being a slut and wearing too skimpy of an outfit? What if he decided, last minute, to not dress up as Beast Boy so she was left being the loser with purple hair? She had to stop her spiral of thoughts before panic ruined her night. She had to be positive.

Even if Zeke didn't appreciate her costume and ignored her the whole night, she would have Piper. Piper was the perfect friend in Rae's eyes. She complimented Rae's complex with her own. Where Rae was bubbly, bright and anxious about many things, Piper was relaxed and reassuring about them. All in all, Rae was just excited to be with friends, romantic and flirty undertones or not.

After shaking off her negative thoughts and anxieties relating to Zeke, Rae resumed her playlist as she put the finishing touches on her look. Rae felt her music always calmed her and put her into a good headspace before going out. Slightly dancing to her music, she swiped the pale setting powder over her face one last time before opening up her brand-new dark purple lipstick. She hadn't worse suck a dark lipstick in so long, and she did everything she could to ignore the pit in her stomach about the memories that came up in order to enjoy herself and make new memories with such a dark lip.

Look completed, Rae took a few moments to let out extra jitters that had been building up in her body. Of course, Rae's favorite way of getting out jitters was to have her own little dance party. Bouncing and jumping around, pretending to sing her heart out as if she was on stage on her sold-out world tour, Raelyn became her own hype-woman to prepare for the night. Hoping she hadn't too terribly upset her downstairs neighbors after fifteen minutes of her dance party, she had gotten a text from Piper letting her know they were almost ready to head out.

The plan was that, since Rae lived in the same apartment complex as Zeke and Piper, she would head over to their place and the three of them would head to the festival together. Rae was appreciative of the offer, as she didn't have her own car yet and wasn't keen on the idea of uber quite yet.

Throwing her personal necessities in a black shoulder purse, Rae flicked off the lights in her place and locked her door behind her. She triple checked her texts to ensure she had the right apartment number, she headed over to Zeke and Piper's place. She stood outside their door for what felt like an hour, but in reality was only about thirty seconds, before she brought her fist up to the door and knocked three times.

you did not break me.

let the sun illuminate the words you can't find

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back