[Burn Legend] Hit the Showers

So to be clear, do we post our peeps in the "Character Select Screen" area? I'm assuming so since it's the character select screen and BL is a fighting game/brawler, but...assuming is BAD.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't really have any template in mind, just make sure all of the information is there. If you need something to model off of, I should have my own character up tomorrow evening.

And yes, UltraFennec, I think we decided to go ahead with the open sheet tournament. Unless there are any strong objections.

Will anyone care if I submit my Okami from Lafing Cat's charity tourney? Or should I use my Mugen Terry Bogard/Rock Howard expy?

This game is still open. Just submit a character under the Character Select Screen.

Going to be delayed a day or two, death in the family, but not everyone has submitted their characters yet, so it isn't a big deal.

Sorry for your loss, momo. Take your time getting things set up, you've got other things on your mind for sure.

EDIT: Ignore all this down here. I made decisions that made it all moot (took Fame after all, decided the fact he's Shinigami isn't public knowledge yet...)

I'm still toying with my backstory, but the short version is that I was the last Prince in the line of succession amongst the Royal Family, probably an illegitimate (fictional, obviously) son of Prince Charles born after Princes William and Harry. After making the news when I found out I was a prince, I started getting in trouble just to spite my father... until, well, something happened. I'm still working out exactly what, but it apparently stole my reason to live and made me willing to be remade as a righter-of-wrongs, restoring the natural order as a Shinigami, chasing out the spirits and demons that have infested the world. Abandoning my name (but unable to get away from people recognizing me all over anyway), I took on the title from a supposed ancestor further back - Vlad Tepes, Dracula. Combined without the comma and dropping his name, keeping only his titles, leaves Tepes Dracula, which very roughly translates to "Impaler of the Dragons". Ryuujin are my favored targets, though I'll hunt any spirit-thing or akuma, or just a powerful mortal or Mugen that's throwing off the natural balance if need be. When tapped for the tournament, Tepes welcomes his chance to find and battle many of the most powerful martial artists - several of them are on his list, after all.

I'll get a longer, more detailed backstory up later.... hopefully with the backstory the name is forgivable, it sounds so very generic. Additionally, I hope it's ok if I customize the aesthetics of his moves a bit - I'm planning to add some rather appropriate red ki, blood splashes, and such as he finds his style, possibly including renaming a few of the techniques. Attribute distribution went to show he'd intentionally neglected to learn any finesse, be it physical or social, and probably used some drugs in his human days intended to pump him up at an accelerated rate. He's reasonably quick-witted and was given a good education, but since going public as the bastard of the heir to the throne he's avoided academic situations that weren't necessary for his mission as a Shinigami.

And my story and physical description are done ^_^ My fighting style is still listed with a question mark, but I'm almost certain I'm going with Tae Kwon Do. Basically, he can recall the moves, but hasn't learned to work them into his new style yet, which is more of a boxing-meets-wrestling style, where he can go from straight punches and uppercuts to high-flying elbows and grabs and holds. Eventually he'll work in the Tae Kwon Do to personalize the style and be rather unpredictable.

EDIT: On a side note, I've never done so much research for a character in my life. I learned quite a bit about the British Royal Family and the way titles and inheritance works in the Commonwealth Realms.... I just closed like 12 Wikipedia articles and several references :P

I'm pretty much done as well after remembering to add the True Form attribute upgrade in...though I might round Lucas out a bit and move a dot from Stamina to strength.

Swear to god I'm done editing Lucas now, won't change anything else about him.

Do we have all entrants now, or are we still waiting on someone? I could swear there's a few people missing from the other thread.

Aaaaand I'm back. I'll have my entrant up later this evening.

UltraFennec said:
Do we have all entrants now, or are we still waiting on someone? I could swear there's a few people missing from the other thread.
I think that is everyone, but I will give out one more round of reminders and adverts with a deadline of Midnight on Friday Night (CST)

I would also suggest, for extra fun, for everyone to look at the other opponents and maybe discuss the possibility of adding in some shared history, as fighting game characters are wont to have. Like Ryu and Ken, Jin and Ragna, Sol and Ky, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, Maxi and Kilk, Paul and Law, etc.

I think I'll be backing out of this one. Character's not flowing, and Burn Legend's not quite what I hoped for.

Enjoy the game, everybody. Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back