[Burn Legend] High Noon in Lowland Thailand

Lucas' cautious entrance through the main gate felt like something out of an old spaghetti western. It's winter, so it isn't a balmy inferno, but it is still pretty warm. Beads of sweat gather on foreheads and backs. Lucas' eyes catch those of a his target, ready and waiting at the opposite end of a long courtyard. I guess the sizable donation hadn't kept the other monks' mouths shut. Bik's military training shines through, as she stands at ease. All along the various dormitories, dining halls, and smaller shrines, monks peek out from behind cover, too scared stand in the open yet too enthralled to look away.

Bik was wrapped in the orange clothes of a monk, a sign of peace, but her stance, and the fact that she was still wearing her combat boots broadcast a much different tone.

"You didn't come in a blackhawk, you don't have a gun, and there is only one of you. Either the military got smart and is trying to work on my level, or you are here because of this."

She pulls an invitation just like your own from her clothes, the silver side shining in the noon day sun.

Lucas held his head in one hand for a moment while he sighed in consternation. "Awhile ago I did carry a pretty bitchin' gun...but events have made that unnecessary lately." He sweeps his already perfect coiffure back into the place it didn't actually fall out of...just for effect. The "Zell Dincht" do never moved anyway.

His stance didn't really widen, or open, or anything typical of martial stances. In one moment he was a rich, stylish playboy...and the next he seemed to be emanating an aura of an apex predator. A furrowed brow and a crooked, fangy grin completed the look, and the onlooking monks might have seen a few sharp wisps of ki flash darkly into being around him, only to disappear a nanosecond later.

"Since this seems to be some formal event of sorts, I'll introduce myself, and make one request before we dance: Lucas Blayze. And if it's alright with you, can we just skip the poking and prodding part and just get on to the main event? Time's awasting, and I still have an appointment to keep today."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back