• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bug world

Penance

We have returned.
The world of humans came to an end that day. The bugs of the world got fed up and demolished the human race. After the bugs evolved and learned from the humans and they built towns...cities...capitals. They adopted human names and languages and even some of their personalities. Eventually they evolved to have more human like features. A group of people...er insects are criminals who performed various crimes. One of them who performed the highest crime,treason, escaped prison. Guards were sent to find him but unfortunately they found more low-life criminals. Some of these criminals escaped and left the city and are now on the run. Unfortunately there are hazards along the way...robbers, mercenaries, giant boots (just kidding...probably) and they'll have to band together to survive. Whether they like it or not.

Survival.

This group has never left the city. They know little of the outside world. So there goal is to survive. This can be achieved when the group either finds a city that knows nothing of them or they find some kind of safe haven to live in

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a regular day in the capital Vespa, the various species of bugs were going about they're day. Bees selling honey, mosquitos being annoying, and moths staring at the sun. All of a sudden guards were chasing after this bug. He was wanted for treason, the highest crime, only true fools are known to commit. "Stop him!!" They yelled. After a while of chasing him through the town the had lost him when he arrived at the slums where a few other...unsavory characters resided. "Search every house, alley and sewer until you find him!" Yelled the leader. The guards saluted and with out hesitation smashed down doors, searched alleys and every other hidden are to find the traitor.

They may not have found traitor...however sadly you were seen and even though you may not be doing an illegal activity at the moment...they knew you and had no plans in letting a criminal scum such as your self roam free... Well? What are you going to do?

(This is the starting post. Once everyone posts their characters reactions we'll start posting regularly)

Cera was actually on the middle of a 'business' with this rich moth when she heard heavy footsteps. "So yeah, make sure to drink that...uh...thing- I mean power juice to um...what does it do again- oh! To live forever!" she said to the moth who just beamed at her and nodded happily. 'Stupid moth, that's just a honey mixed with rain water and oil. Yet, you bought it for 1000." she smirked evilly and opened the door. Upon opening the door she was greeted with soldiers of the royalty, "Hey there, big guy." her smirk suddenly turned into an innocent smile trying to persuade them that she's no criminal.

"It's her! One of the most wanted criminals in the city, a swindler and killer, Cera Rhopalocera!" the soldier pointed at her accusingly. "Whoa, whoa. Me? Ahaha, aren't I too cute to be a criminal?" she pointed at herself and when the soldier infront of her shook his head in disapproval he kicked his guts, "That's for rejecting the fact that I am cute.", then she quickly dashed and used the window to escape to the crooked alley.

Dilan was lifting weights in his house "wonder who my next fight will be?" He asked his roommate a firefly who was hiding in the corner of the room. "u-um I dunno Boss who do you w-wanna fight?" He asked absolutely terrified. "P-please don't use me as a punching bag a-again..." Dilan put his weight bar on the rack "well if I get bored enough that's what's gonna happen" he said smiling deviously. Then the guards started banging on the door. Peaking out the window Dilan saw it was them "great just what I need..." He stood in front of the door and kicked it down knocking all the guards to the floor "see ya fly take care of the place while I'm gone!!" He yelled leaving his house and running into the alleys "I-I'm free..." The firefly couldn't be happier

"Look I swear these weapons are exactly what I said they are. I'm not a damned swindler. Now pay up, I got other things I need to do." Lexa said calmly as she held out her hand to receive the briefcase full of cash. Just as the case was about to land in her hand she heard a lot of stomping on the ground above her. He eyes widened as she brought one of her blades to the man's throat. "We agreed alone. Who are those men." She said in a hush whisper.

"I-I don't know. I swear it is just me." The roach said matching her quietness. "What? Then...oh...crap." He muttered just as he secret door to the basement broke opened revealing a squad of guards. Now on any other day she would have said something to convince the guards they got the wrong house and nothing illegal was going on. However...there were illegal weapons on the floor, a shady figure in front of her and a briefcase full of cash was also on the scene.

"Um....I...didn't do..it?" She siad with a shrug before the guards came down the steps and toward her. "Lexa Nila...I know that last name, half of your family was executed for good reason...and now you are doing something illegal? Honestly not surprised." The guard she assumed to be the leader said. She sent the guard a glare "Shut it...damn bastard." She growled before grabbing the case and charging at him. She swung the case making it hit him in the head and this caused the clasp to unlock. When the case opened all the money flew out into the air and made a huge mess. She used the distraction to run past the guars and sprint into an alley way. A tear rolled down her cheek as she ran from the shouts behind her. "M-My money...."

In an old abandoned building, loud snoring could be heard. Heck, it sounded closer to a bullhorn than it does to a snore. The very building itself seems to shake whenever the slumbering creature snores. The guards were hesitant to enter the building, but they couldn't ignore the fact that someone was in there. The entrance to the building was destroyed, as if something gigantic entered by force. Yes, it may just be the fact that the building is in shambles, but it clearly looked like someone entered the building. "We should probably leave." A younger guard said, fear obvious in his eyes. They knew who it could be, no matter how hard they tried to think of anyone else, they knew only one person could be in there. "We have no choice." One of the superiors said, although he also has his doubts. "He might be in league with the traitor." And with that, they cautiously entered the building.

They didn't have to search for the culprit for too long. He was in plain sight, sleeping on top of a bunch of rubble as if it was the best bed money could buy. He was surrounded by an absurd amount of cats, unfazed by the fact that they're sleeping on a monstrous creature. The guards were shaking, never before have they seen this creature. Sure, they've heard of stories from a few guards who miraculously survived an encounter against him, but even the most frightening tales could not prepare them from the real thing. Seeing his comrades starting to falter, the leader of the guards decided to end this. "Atlas Velzak! You are wanted for robbery, murder, and countless acts of destruction of public property! Come with us quietly, or we will use force!" He shouted as loud as he can, the cats running away in fright. It was silent for a moment, too quiet. The snoring has stopped, and in a blink of an eye, the monster rose, his eyes burning with fury. "YOU SCARED THE CATS AWAY!" Atlas bellowed as he rushed towards them. The guards could do nothing but scream as Atlas destroyed them thoroughly.

Cera, with the guards still right behind him heard an explosion somewhere near, 'Okay chill, Cera. Since there are like 10 guards behind you and somewhere in that explosion another wanted person is causing trouble, it can divert the guards attention form you to him/her.' she made a deep sigh as she opened her wings, flying to the place where an explosion occurred. After that she saw something big destroying the guards, "Hey big guy, I have 10 gifts for you!" she beamed up at the beetle and gave him a thumbs up as she flew away, "Take care of it!" she continued as she disappeared to another alley.

@CrimsonEclipse

Atlas was holding a guard in his hand and was about to smash him into a nearby wall when someone suddenly called out to him. He growled as he turned, annoyed that his rampage was interrupted. He was about to throw the guard to the person who called out to him, but he was surprised to see a girl. "Pretty." He said, utterly mesmerized by the girl. He really found her pretty, especially her fluttering wings. He was about to follow her when he saw 10 men following and shouting at her. He growled, throwing the guard at them instead. "Nobody hurt the pretty bug!" He shouted, easily knocking aside the guards, smashing them to the floor or sending them flying away.

"Wohoooo! I'm too smart and cute sometimes!" Cera complimented herself as she rushed over to her safe house, she was about to turn into the another alley when she was welcomed by guards over there. "Ah, give me a break." she rolled her eyes at them and started running back to the beetle guy for protection. "Hey! I'm back!" she smiled innocently once more as she lead the guards to him once more, 'Maybe I'm better staying with the beetle for now. I have a perfect plan.' she then landed beside the beetle, "Let's destroy some guards." she said as she cracked her knuckles.

@CrimsonEclipse

Dilan quickly ran through the alley and heard some crashes. Putting on the breaks he skidded to a stopping in from of a huge Beatle "holy shit....no thank you." He ran around into another alley with guards still chasing him "guys!! You could totally take care of the big guy instead of me!!" He yelled still running

(Anyone still here?)

Lexa was sprinting as fast as she could away from the guards, she would always lose them however every single time she did another squad found her. "Damn it! S-Stop following me! There has to be someone more important!?" She exclaimed before tuning another corner where she ran into more guards. "Oh come on!!" She shouted as she sprinted to another direction. Not far from here she heard a lot of crashing and something about cats or kittens... Either way. 'That may distract the guards!' With that she once again burst into sprint and ran over to the sound. When she arrived she saw a huge beetle.

"Woah" she muttered at the size of the thing. She snapped out of her small daze and ran toward it before jumping right over him and running a bit distance behind. She hide behind a pillar of the old building while the guards dealt with the beetle and a moth she just noticed. She remaind hidden as she watched the chaos. Even through all the yells she was able to pick up a sentence. "Call in reinforcement! I want the heavy unit here asap!" "That's not good." She muttered.

Dilan kept running through the alley and almost ran into some mantis girl. "Watch were your running!!" He yelled to her. Ironically there were guards chasing her too. He learned that when he ran into them. Backing away he looked at them "hey guys...you don't know me right?" "It's Dilan! Get him" Dilan twisted the guards neck at a weird angle then ran. He then ran towards the wall of the city. After leaving through the exit he hid behind a bush "phew managed to escape."

"TAKE THAT BEETLE DOWN!!" Yelled the head guard. A soldier ran up to him "sir the heavies are here!" "Excellent send them in!" And with that heavily armed soldier ants marched towards the convicts. They started shooting the beetle with armor piercing rounds enough to hurt him.

(Run to the exit peasants!!)

@Peaceswore @Ravian @CrimsonEclipse @yumiyukifan1 @AddictedtoPaper @Barbas

It was an average for Edgar Zodd, who was currently feeding on his latest victim, until two guards busted down the door of his apartment and attempted to arrest him. As soon as one of the guards came close to him, Edgar stabbed his beak into the beetle's head and dispatched the second guard by dodging the beetle's attack slamming the it's head into the wall repeatable. Edgar then preceded to stealthy make his way to the exit of the city.

Atlas was very happy when the pretty bug came back. He was even happier when she told him to go crush the guards. He simply ran through them, crushing those who were too slow to move away under his feet. As more guards came, Atlas tore a huge tree from the ground and he used it as a club. He carried it as if it weighed as light as a twig as he swatted the guards away. However, Atlas felt a piercing pain somewhere on his shoulder. He bellowed in pain as he threw the tree to the one who hit him. "That hurts!" He shouted as he tore a wall from a nearby building, using it as a shield of sorts to fend off the bullets. "We have to go." He told to pretty bug. "Where do we go?" He asked her, trying his best to protect her.

@Ravian

"Uh, the exit? Probably..." Cera shrugged and pointed at one of the alley. "Come on the exit's this way." she told the Hercules beetle as she kicked and punched the guard who was blocking the way. 'We have to get away before the heavy comes.' she told herself as she ran through the crooked alley. Sure, she can just fly her way out of this but she have to at least help the beetle back too. She heard that exiting the city is a total disaster and you don't know what lies ahead but meh, that's better than spending all your life in jail or much less getting executed.

@CrimsonEclipse

Lexa had jumped through a window and was running to god knows where. All she knew was this was exhausting and there was no way she would tell the tale of meeting a heavy since she'd be...well she'll likely be dead. Once again she was cut off and was almost cornered, however she was able to jump from wall to wall and made it to a roof. 'Damn it! Where should I go? I can't go home...and with all the guars scouring the city I'll never make it to a safe house without being spotted a million times.... Wait...I know! If I can get past the wall I'll lose them and then I'll come back when things cool down.' She thought with a smirk as she jumped to another building getting closer to the wall.

When she reached the wall she saw how pig it really was an how far away it was from the last building. 'Not good...they are catching up.' She jumped off the building and looked both ways and closed her eyes trying to figure out where the guards are coming from. 'Behind and to my left.' She let out a sigh and sprinted to her right even though she was starting to get winded.

'Almost there...' When she arrived there were a few guards there sine most went to help catch her and the other criminals. They left this potion unguarded since they believe no one was dumb enough to try and leave the wall. When the guards saw here they raised their weapons and aimed for her. The sight of the weapons scared the living daylights out of her, an made her adrenaline take over.

She rushed forward and sliced a guard, not killing but injuring heavily, she then used him as a hu-...but shield an backed away from the others keeping her blae at his throat. "S-Sorry...I don't want to fight." She whispered to the guard. When she was outside she tossed the man down and ran into some bushes, however was stopped when she hit something making her fall flat on her stomach. "Ow watch where you are laying." She muttered as she turned around to see who she ran into. @Penance

While watching the carnage from the bushes dilan heard something. He turned to see what it was and was instantly knocked down by something. Rubbing his head he looked who it was. Some mantis girl. "Hey this is my hiding spot go get your own!!!"

Lexa stood up an placed a hand over his mouth as she looked around. "Shut it before we both don't have a hiding spot." She whispered giving the ant a glare. She looked over her shoulder and closed her eyes as she listened again. "....Damn it...they won't give up." She muttered while glaring in the direction the guards were at. The entire time she had her hand over his mouth to keep him from talking. @Penance

Peaceswore said:
Lexa stood up an placed a hand over his mouth as she looked around. "Shut it before we both don't have a hiding spot." She whispered giving the ant a glare. She looked over her shoulder and closed her eyes as she listened again. "....Damn it...they won't give up." She muttered while glaring in the direction the guards were at. The entire time she had her hand over his mouth to keep him from talking. @Penance
Dilan looked at her annoyed. 'Is this really necessary?' He thought. He then pried her hand off of him with ease and whispered through his teeth "don't you ever do that again!"

Penance said:
Dilan looked at her annoyed. 'Is this really necessary?' He thought. He then pried her hand off of him with ease and whispered through his teeth "don't you ever do that again!"
Lexa glared at him for a second before looking toward the wall were she still heard a loud ruckus. "Do what? Shut you up before we get caught?" He asked in a hush whisper making sure to stay as quiet as possible. "Whatever is going on in there I hope it stops soon... I want to get back before nightfall." She muttered as he looked up at the sky, which was a beautiful blue that was completely clear of any clouds. "It's mid noon...this better be over with soon."

Kelly was having the best meal of the day, her favourite, flies, but the smaller ones. She had just finished her training and decided to have her iou meal. Her sweat dripped from her body like water droplets, as she took her hand to wipe them away. She chewed a foot, as she relaxed against nearby tree, basking in the cool of the day.

Footsteps were then heard trampling fast on the ground. She turned her head around, as she saw an insect dashing through the trees. She licked her lips in anticipation, hoping to be lucky for another meal. However, she heard an army of voices from a distance, as she quickly diverted her eyes towards the direction.

'Shit..' she cursed mentally as her transparent large wings spread openly on either sides. She held her gaze as the soldiers were now in view. 'Disgusting things.. a way to ruin my second meal...' she flew as fast as she could, her gaze alternating between forward and behind her.

"You there! Kelly De'Lavine! Stop this instance! Criminals like you deserve punishment." A voice from among the lot shouted.

"Kelly De'Lavine? That arrogant bitch! Get here now!" Shouted another voice. Kelly grated her teeth against each other. Arrogant bitch? Just who the hell did they take her for? She held a palm outwards them, shooting multiple stings at them launching as small yellow blast. Quite a number of them fell to the ground from paralysis but there was still too many of them.

She quickly flew between some bushes, then blasted several more stingers from her palms. She then flew away, noticing the exit. Only a few was now chasing, as she now held both palms out towards the few firing even more stringers than before. They all fell to the ground, as She quickly made her way towards the exit. She wanted to finish them off but decided that it wouldn't be wise. She then sensed some other insects, as she went closer towards them.

@Penance @Peaceswore

Dolan shrugged his shoulders "I dunno when it'll be over. It looks like they're still fighting that giant beetle..." He said looking over the fence. When he did he saw a bug flying towards them. He then called out to her "hey! You a cop?" He asked bluntly

@Peaceswore @Dark Child

Kelly went closer as her obsidian eyes scanned them. She sneered slightly as she sniffed them, not quite appetizing to her.

"A cop? Does it look like I'm a cop?" She asked angrily, staring at the ant dangerously.

@Penance

He didn't like her attitude so he got out of the bushes and yelled "to be honest you looked more like a dung beetle to me but I didn't want to disrespect the beetles so I said nothing!!" He balled his fists ready to fight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back