• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Brightside City - An Urban Superhero Story

Troy Conners

Troy moved back when he got hit in the knee, absently rubbing his throat. She had gotten stronger, Troy would then rub the back of his head, sighing. "Look, Kayla, people change....I've changed, you've changed.....that's just the way it is. Sometimes.....Sometimes even though you do the right thing, justice doesn't prevail....It's like I told you, i did everything right, but only person I couldn't save was myself." Troy said, before just cracking his knuckles. "But I take it you already know that, right...?"

Troy didn't want this to go on any longer. He knew that if he actually got serious, and used kinetic-fueled strikes, he could end up seriously hurting her, possibly killing her, but he wanted to avoid that. Looking around for something to use, he'd pick up a monkey wrench, and tap it in his hand. Running forward, He'd grab her bat with his iron gloved hand, and hook the wrench behind her knee, yanking back to knock her to the ground. Raising the end of it, he'd then strike down, with the handle, on her stomach, to knock the breath out of her.

Troy stood over her, placing the wrench in bag, before sighing. "Sorry Kayla....I only answer to myself now." He said, as he started walking away. He would absently be flipping his shiv in his hand, however, he'd unknowingly make one thing clear, to both the watching parties and Kayla. He had weapons that could kill, he had a power that could stop cars, yet he only used his own strength and whatever he found to fight.....Troy was holding back. Instead of going all out, and likely attempting to cripple Kayla, he held back and stayed his hand.

This wasn't like Troy at all- Troy was always passionate about finishing the job, stopping the problem before it became an issue. Troy wasn't one to hold back....yet he did. That proved one thing- He wasn't out to hurt Kayla. Beat her, yes, but if he had wanted to do serious damage, he would've used that knife.....

Unlike what Troy had said, maybe there was still something in him that could still be saved. No criminal just spared someone that attacked them....a man with a heart did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greta Ward

Greta took another sip of her tea, which is sweet enough for her taste. The cafe owner seemed to be satisfied with busying himself in the backroom and seemed determined not to come back for hours. Well, she will just put her money on the counter and it won't be her fault if he miss a quarter or two. The fight between Pyrious and... Kayla? Yes, or Ren Harper if she is not mistaken, was very one sided. Of course, Kayla was not the same girl Greta sold a grappling hook to years ago, but she was still no match to Pyrious.

"Kayla, dear. I think that is quite enough for today." Pyrious can't hold back forever, and it would be a shame if his sentence increased. Greta positioned herself to help Kayla stand up, but also to put herself between Pyrious and Kayla. She knew they won't dare to take the risk to hurt her. No one ever does. Well, there was the time Tender Cinder almost burned her sun hat to crisp, but Aqua Stream stopped the fire swiftly.

Greta dragged Kayla to a nearby chair and sit her there. She took a handkerchief out of her hand bag and wiped the blood out of her face. Afterward, she carefully pull a small bottle of ointment and douse a cotton carefully with it. When she pressed the cotton against Kayla's face, the bruise faded away. Greta smiled and put the bottle in Kayla's hand. "There. Don't forget to check yourself for broken bones, but holy water should heal most of your bruises. Promise me you won't get into another fight with Pyrious for me, dear. I'm quite fond of him, and I'm worried he won't be able to hold back if another fight happens."

@Andraus @Pandaskel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard boots echoed on the pavement as a tall slightly burly man walked down the streets. He wore a black brimmed hat which covered his face, a white lab coat, heavy black boots, black slacks, and a silver and red tie, visible under his coat. He stood tall, his posture nearly perfect, his hands behind his back as he walked, nodding to everyone who nodded and slightly bowed to him.

"Goot evening. Yes goot evening. Yes vunderbar to zee you." He spoke in a low almost grumble but nonetheless came off as friendly and caring. "Yes yes you should vatch your alcohol intake mien friend. I vouldn't vant to make you one new liver. Zho I could do zo vithzin a matter oof days. Zit vould be ine labor of love." He didn't discriminate, hero, gangster, or civilian, to him they were all his patients at some point or another, and he was their doctor. Doctor Viktor Izanhoff, world renowned and celebrated for his powers and dedication. Today had been harder than most days, people constantly rushing in and out and Izanhoff, being the prideful and concerned man that he was, wanted to at least look over as many patients as he possibly could. Which meant the doctor running like a madman, cursing in his thick German accent, and constantly demanding information. 

In the end, the doctor wouldn't trade it away though. He worked on dignitaries, foreign powers, to the homeless and destitute. Knowing he impacted so many lives left him with a pride that no amount of exhaustion or stress could take away. But tonight he was greeted by a familiar yet dissatisfying sound. A helicopter was in the air, police cars were in pursuit of several people and it seemed for several city blocks the was a panic. His eyebrow furrowed. It was either heroes or gangsters, and he was a fan of neither. He strode in the direction of sirens, if someone was going to get injured, then it was the good doctor's job to fix them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back