• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Brightside City - An Urban Superhero Story

~Seung Kye~

Location: Right outside of café / Sprinting and jumping from roof to roof

Kneeling there while he had attempted to catch his breath the entire time the authorities had been taking the gang members into custody, the dark haired male had placed a single hand over his chest to attempt and keep his breathing at a steady pace. Soon though, it was only a matter of time that the authorities would begin to bring their attention over towards the strange male who kneeled there; after witnessing what he was capable of, they weren't about to simply let him go without also taking him into custody as well. As they had surrounded the male though, the male had only lifted his gaze slightly as he took a quick glimpse at his current position. Shaking his head lowly to himself, the male would soon enough stand back fully straight causing the surrounding officers to halt in the middle of their approach; demanding that the male raised his hands and gave himself up to the authorities. "Apologies officers, but I cant do that. I've been captured once before and there is no chance I'm letting that happen again." Replying to the officers who were clearly confused about what the male meant by his words, rather than allowing any of them question him further; for a moment, the male simply squatted in place for another few seconds while he charged his own chi into his feet and legs. With barely so much as a warning, the dark haired male quickly took a single leap from his position straight up into the air before landing firmly onto the surface of the roof of the café, immediately rushing from that spot to one roof after another to escape custody.

Due to this, the officers had quickly but surely had entered their vehicles; or at least the ones that weren't flipped over by the shockwave from earlier to chase after the fleeing male.

All the while, during his escape from captivity; the dark haired male had continued leaping from one roof after another, soon coming to a rather large gap between himself and the next building; that sight of this was of no concern to the male as he continued to increase his pace at the sounds of the authorities continuing to sound their sirens throughout the city to chase after the male. Eventually though, as the male reached the very edge of the final building; with a single leap off of the last building, his single push off the edge had contained enough force through his own chi that surged through the base of his shoes and legs had been enough to nearly break apart the surrounding part of where his foot was of the roof; sending the male over plenty of citizens underneath him as he was nearly just able to make the landing by a few inches before he would continue to run off to hop across one roof after another.

In a matter of time, it was to be expected that the sounds of whirling blades would come to his attention as well as the slightest turn of his head would reveal that he was now also being followed by the police station's own helicopter as well. With this, they were easily able to keep full sight of the unknown male and soon enough begin pulling up his information through their own systems; first his name. Seung Kye, a twenty five year old male who was born and raised in Korea, lived with his parents for all of a few years before the rest of his information was cut off from being classified through Korean government security. This being all the more suspicious to the authorities as their reasoning for capturing him became all the more needed to figure out if he could've possibly been

Last edited by a moderator:
Greta Ward

"There. You should be fine now." Greta cut the hanging bandages and gave Troy a disapproval look. "You heroes shouldn't be so reckless. I know you really want to help people, but you can't help anyone if you die in a car crash." The clinking of ice in a glass of water filled the following silence as Greta left for the back room. She came back carrying an iron gauntlet. "Here, use this in the future. At least that will reduce the pain you receive. Oh, open the bandage. It should be fine now." Troy slowly unwrapped the bandage. The old lady was right. His hand was healed. He stared at the sweet old lady, who give him an innocent smile. A booming sound echoed through the building, followed by the rattle of a copper. "I think you should leave now, honey. Come back if you found yourself in trouble, okay?" Greta smiled and drunk the iced water in front of her.

@happydeath @Andraus

Markus watched the man jump away from what he could only assume to be a sonic boom, and jump up to the buildings. This didn't alarm him, until he began to be chased by the authorities, and almost harmed a few officers. That made him a bad guy? Right? Mark  had never fought a powered villain before, but it was worth a shot. He aimed, and shot a grappling arrow that was tied to a rope up in front of the man, stopping him in his tracks.

@happydeath

7.Cute-Asian-Pixie-Cut.jpg

Kayla Okazaki

Ability: Superhuman hearing and vocal manipulation

Setting: Saturday, 11 pm, Downtown, Kim & Kim Insurance Building Roof

Tags: @Andraus

Clean streets, good eats... This is turning out to be a great day, Kayla thought happily, munching on a french fry. She hadn't encountered any trouble after the Terrible Trio, as she had mentally dubbed the muggers from before. She figured she had time to grab a small fast food order and enjoy it with a nice view of the city.

Police and ambulance sirens wailed in the night, and she closed her eyes, picking out individual cases. A husband and wife had gotten into a shouting match... A vigilante and a super-villain (more of a super-troublemaker) bashed it out... Grandma Greta was being a fantastic host, as always, to a group of mob members in the market for weapons... Everything was as it always is in Brightside City - not so bright.

She sighed, sipping on her soft drink. Maybe one day, if they all tried hard enough, things wouldn't be so bad. Kayla knew the odds, and they weren't good, but... Well, maybe. And maybe was enough for her. Even if it hadn't been enough for-

She punched her own leg, refusing to think about him. She had done plenty of that in the past and she wasn't planning to ever again. He just complicated things. She didn't want that anymore.

She continued to eat, biting into her chicken burger and enjoying the crispy texture of the chicken. This was what she wanted. A simple life, a warm home, and a job that kept the city a little safer.

Speaking of a job, she had to open up the cafe tomorrow morning. If she didn't want to greet the first customers with raccoon eyes, it would be a good idea to get back home by 1 am.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar sound. Footsteps. But these were distinct, special somehow. Important. She recognized them.

It hit her a split second before his voice did. "Hey there."

She stood and whipped around to face him. The mugshot from earlier was right in front of her, in the flesh - Troy Conners, the only boy to ever break her heart.

In a flash, she had her bat level with his nose, her face hardened like stone. "Hey," she replied, finding nothing else to say.

~Seung Kye~

Tags:  @Squad141

While the dark haired male had continued to hop from one building to the next, it would only be a matter of time that the next building that he would come across just so happen to had been a much taller one and one that was actually under construction at the moment. "Perfect." With the thought in mind of losing the sight of the helicopter that was keeping an eye on him throughout the entire run; it was only a matter of time once he had jumped his way into the building did the helicopter had began to circle around the opposite end to believe that the mysterious male was going to come out the very direction that it had decided to go. However, as the minutes had passed and still no sight of Seung had appeared; the authorities had began to question what had happened as they began to circle the building multiple ways as well as hovering to the very top to see if he was on the rooftop. With no luck on finding him, it was quite obvious enough that they had fully lost sight of their target as the helicopter had began to whirl it's blades to begin searching throughout the surrounding area while informing other police cars in the area that the target had been lost.

All the while, rather than continuing on the rooftops to escape at that moment, Seung had actually taken the much less expected route by heading out the front entrance before returning once again to the rooftops. Leaping from one after another once more, the next thing to come unexpectedly this time however was what had seemed to had been a hook of sorts shooting out of practically no where in front of the male to halt him in the middle of his sprinting. Skidding to a halt on the very top of a large banking building, for a moment his gaze had been locked onto the hook from the curiousity of who had such a capability of aiming this well; no doubt though, he was right about to find out. Rather than continuing his sprinting, with the fact that the sounds of the whirling blades of the helicopter and the sirens of the police cars had been in the far distance enough by this point in time; he had enough time to see who this particular person was. Hiding his own hands right into his pockets, his gaze would soon follow the line that was attached to the hook to see just who this person was. "What is the meaning of this?..." Questioning whoever would be coming up to the rooftop to meet Seung, he awaited patiently for the response right after.

Troy Conners

Troy kept his hood up as he was dragged away by the old lady. He knew who she was- Old Greta, the most neutral person in the entire city. She was the one that gave him the info on who shot up his dad a couple years ago. The woman was likely one of the last people to remember that Troy was once the hero Pyrious. Troy let her wrap up and heal his hand, before closing his fingers around the gauntlet. "Thanks Granny Greta...Good to see not all the decent people are gone. " Troy said. He was normally aloof and apathetic towards people, But Greta went out of her way to help him, and she was one of the few connections to his old life he hadn't lost. He could afford to at least show her some respect.

Placing the gauntlet over his fist, he would finally turn towards the woman- Ren Harper, he believed- before speaking up. "Don't know what you want, girl, but I'll tell you this- You want information, I am the last person you go to answers. You wanna get pissy about it, feel free to name a time and place, and we can throw down. " He said. He was trying to get some food in him, but he wouldn't say no to a fight.

As he was walking out, looking down towards the Iron gauntlet over his, before continuing on his way, no caring if the woman asking questions followed. He likely would've found a place to eat....had he not seen a girl walk by him, with a familiar mask on his face. He didn't know what possessed him, but he say 'Hey there' to her. Now staring face to face with the very girl that dumped him, he just stared blankly at her. His eyes, to her, only betraying one thing.

Exhaustion. Just like his sense of justice.

Instead of starting a fight, picking an argument, yelling or screaming at her, Troy did something (at least it was before he went to prison) uncharacteristic of him, that would likely hurt far worse.....He turned around, and started walking away.

Kayla Okazaki

Kayla got over her initial shock and took a step in his direction. "Wa-" she started to call, then paused. If they spoke here, what would she even say? 'You look great, it's been a while, how's the wife and kids'? Not likely.

But she couldn't help it. She couldn't let him go like this. She didn't care that her mind was screaming, telling her what a bad idea this was. Ignoring her better judgment, under the city lights, she followed him. I mean, I'm a vigilante, and this is a dangerous criminal escaped from prison. I'm just doing my job.

When she realized she was more than likely going to fight him rather than talk to him, her stride faltered slightly and she reconsidered. But even so, she pressed on. That would really be me doing my job.

Markus smirked as his attempt at a halt worked. His ties the end of the rope to a lamp post he was standing next, and made it up to the roof after a couple close calls. He now stood in front of the male, and said, whilst having an arrow aimed and ready at him, "Stop! No more harm will you do to this city!" He tried to sound as heroic as possible. And it somehow worked. He felt intimidated by himself.

@happydeath

Troy Conners

Tags:  @SecretRock @Pandaskel

Troy stopped walking, before sighing. He would then turn around, looking towards her. "What do you want, Kayla? I thought you made it clear we were done, when you left me to rot in prison. You said, and I quote 'I never want to see you again.'" Troy said, cracking his knuckles. He knew this would end in a fight, Kayla was really simple to figure out. He would lower his arms to his side, before he started backing up, continuing his path. "Isn't that what you wanted?"

(Mobile post, don't judge)

Kayla Okazaki

Kayla flinched at his voice, feeling something in it that she had never heard from him before. Or, maybe it was what she didn't hear. It was like hearing a dead person speak. None of the life and heart she used to know resonated in that voice. Even the way he said her name was different.

"I'm not the one who put you in a cell, Troy," she shot back, continuing to follow him. "You did that yourself. I never wanted any of this, what I wanted was..." Her voice failed her, and she let the sentence end.

He stopped and looked at her with the eyes of a person she didn't know anymore. She tightened her grip on the bat in her left hand. "You're going back, Troy. You have to pay for what you did."

Troy Conners

Tags:  @SecretRock @Pandaskel

Troy stopped walking. He would then raise an eyebrow at her. "Did to myself huh....I'll tell you what I did to myself- I saved this city, I saved my family, and I saved you....But I couldn't save myself. In the end, where did it get me?....Agh, enough with my rambling, I am here to fight. I'll go back to my cell when my boredom is gone. It's where I belong anyway. " He said, cracking his neck. Whelp, here goes nothing. He would just punch his hand with the iron gauntlet into his other one, the kinetic energy forming around them, as he lifted his fists up into a fighting stance. 

He wasn't going to hold back, He expected the same from her. "Let's see if you've gotten any better."

Greta Ward

It was lucky that Pyrious left when he did. Vesta Mafia was an old gang, and although most of their senior leaders were caught in a failed attempt of assasination, one or two members ought to recognize the once well known vigilante. The group went for some basic supply: Balaclavas, GLOCK-17, switchblades, and a crate of smoke grenade.

Greta sighed as the last of Vesta Mafia closed the door behind his back. How can gangs talk about their turf war. Greta added the small receipt to her folder of Vesta Mafia. They tried to hide it when they told their story, but the shopping list made something clear; Vestas are losing their members. Of course, with their supervillain leader, Hephaestus caught, the loyalties of the members would sway easier than a bamboo on a windy day.

The air was getting hot when Greta closed her shop. Her next customer promised to meet her in the evening, so she took the opportunity to take a nice stroll gladly. With a sun hat and a hand bag, she went to the food district around the corner, where she found Pyrious, wearing his new gaulent in a fighting stance, pitching against Kayla.

Well, this will be interesting, Greta thought.

James Macarthy/ Oceanside Port of Brightside city/ 11pm

It was a quiet-ish night at the docks. Nearly silent if it weren't for the luminescence of downtown. Inbetween two derilect storage buildings sat an old box truck. The kind with no curved edges and oddly small axels. Brightside Fishing co. Was written in stylized letters on the side. It lied in wait. It's driver, a male in his late twenties known locally as the Knight Raider, was obscured by black tinted windows. And then his prey came into view. An armored truck, typically used by companies to haul their daily earnings. But this one was not owned by a company. It was driven by members of the Three Kings Mafia. A European crime ring that recently begun operations in Brightside. The Knight Rider was going to put an end to it. Not because they were criminals deserving of justice,... but because they were stepping on his turf.

After the armored truck drove by, the box truck rumbled to life. Its dim yellow headlights lit up and it crawled onto the poorly maintained 4-lane road. The red brake lights of the armored truck were like targets, waiting to be struck. James easily caught up to it. The road began to widen and as it did, his target sped up to 50mph. He kept pace. Once he was in ample position behind the truck, he made his move. The cloaking device deactivated, revealing that the box truck was actually a silver corvette. The dim yellow headlights were replaced by blinding LEDs and the ticking engine of a workhouse was replaced by the high-pitched whine of a more powerful instrument. The mafia members were confused by what they saw in their mirrors. James hit the gas and pulled up along the driverside. Then he started the light show. 

He pressed a button on the center console and two machineguns poked out of the hood. They swiveled to target the cab of the truck, and then opened fire. The quiet of the night was quickly ruined as the rapid machine gun fire echoed into darkness. Bullets impacted the windows of the truck. Their bulletproof design kept them from shatterring, but the mirror and pieces of metal were shredded rapidly. James continued to lay into them, expecting the windows to break before any authorites would be alerted to the ongoing shootout. 

~Seung Kye~

Standing there while the dark haired male had awaited for the appearance of whoever had shot the hook upwards to halt Seung in the middle of his sprinting. The last thing he would've ended up expecting was it being an ordinary person but yet even all the more so that this other person was holding a bow and arrow pointed directly at him as though he were going to fire it at any time. As Seung had listened to this male's words about no longer bringing harm to the city, the dark haired male would only arch a brow at the words that had been spoken to him. Was this what the rumors were about the city having 'heroes' and all that, if so honestly, he was quite disappointed that for heroes; they were far too quick to act upon what they believing to be justice and crime. Blinking at the unknown male before him for another minute or so, Seung soon simply tilted his head as he shifted his weight over onto one side of foot to gain a bit further of a comfortable standing position. "Bring harm to the city? Do you mind explaining whatever you mean by this, sir?"

Markus didn't like this guy very much. Yes, he had to be a villain. With that outfit. With that attitude. Then explaining  what he means about harming the city!?! "Your a bad guy. I'm a good guy. That's how it works, isn't it?" He let the arrow fly, but just next to the man. That should scare. "You'll have to come with me."

@happydeath

~Seung Kye~

Standing there while the dark haired male had awaited for the response from the 'hero' that stood before him, he would soon enough listen as to how the male stated that he was a 'good guy' and that Seung was the 'bad guy'. Right after hearing this, rather than immediately responding; he had ended up scratching the back of his head on attempting to figure out what to say to something so silly as that, this guy was really believing he was living in his own little comic book life at the moment. Right while pondering what to say, the sudden sensation of something sharp flying right pass his cheek had caused Seung to gasp sharply as his gaze only directed over towards the arrow that was now behind him on the floor.

Raising a single hand over his cheek to feel for the blood that dripped down his flesh before looking straight down at his hand as he had seen the blood around his fingertips. The sight of this soon began to cause his own eyes to widen following the trembling of his own hand as he remained silent for all that much longer until the male who considered himself a hero had spoken up once more. "And, if I refuse sir?" With those only words leaving his lips, in a matter of seconds the blood that was around his fingertips would begin to vanish as small sparks of electricity formed around his fingers as well as near the center of his palm. Rather than immediately attacking his opponent however, Seung just kept his calm as much as he could to speak about the situation in a more civil manner rather than immediately resorting to violence as he had to earlier at the café.

"Now, before you fully answer that. Do take in mind sir, what made you believe I am a 'bad guy'? If you're referring to me being chased by the authorities, take into mind...the authorities will chase anyone they believe is not normal, not just bad." Informing the male before him, Seung had kept his stance completely relaxed the entire time he spoke still; awaiting this time to see how foolish this 'hero' was to be sure.

~Seung Kye~

Standing there while the dark haired male had awaited for the response from the 'hero' that stood before him, he would soon enough listen as to how the male stated that he was a 'good guy' and that Seung was the 'bad guy'. Right after hearing this, rather than immediately responding; he had ended up scratching the back of his head on attempting to figure out what to say to something so silly as that, this guy was really believing he was living in his own little comic book life at the moment. Right while pondering what to say, the sudden sensation of something sharp flying right pass his cheek had caused Seung to gasp sharply as his gaze only directed over towards the arrow that was now behind him on the floor.

Raising a single hand over his cheek to feel for the blood that dripped down his flesh before looking straight down at his hand as he had seen the blood around his fingertips. The sight of this soon began to cause his own eyes to widen following the trembling of his own hand as he remained silent for all that much longer until the male who considered himself a hero had spoken up once more. "And, if I refuse sir?" With those only words leaving his lips, in a matter of seconds the blood that was around his fingertips would begin to vanish as small sparks of electricity formed around his fingers as well as near the center of his palm. Rather than immediately attacking his opponent however, Seung just kept his calm as much as he could to speak about the situation in a more civil manner rather than immediately resorting to violence as he had to earlier at the café.

"Now, before you fully answer that. Do take in mind sir, what made you believe I am a 'bad guy'? If you're referring to me being chased by the authorities, take into mind...the authorities will chase anyone they believe is not normal, not just bad." Informing the male before him, Seung had kept his stance completely relaxed the entire time he spoke still; awaiting this time to see how foolish this 'hero' was to be sure.

Markus saw the sparks, and the calm demeanor of the male. This frightened him a bit, so he held his bow a bit high, so that it was aimed at his head. Then the male responded to the arrow he had launched towards him, talking about the authorities chasing anyone the didn't think was normal. He didn't know about this, because apparently a guy in a dark green hood carrying around a bow and some arrows was not strange at all. But before he could respond, a helicopter emerged, very close to where the two stood. "YOU! IN THE HOOD! DROP YOU WEAPONS! YOU TOO, JUMPING BEAN!" Yelled a man from the helicopter. Okay. So not how heroes and bad guys worked. Markus quickly put hi hand in his pocket, and took out a Jack of Hearts playing card. "Catch me later?" He asked the male, before spinning it into the males coat pocket, then jumping onto the top of the helicopter and grappling from there, purposefully adverting the police from the male.

Claudia Harris

A delightful smell wafts into the small bedroom, stirring the figure buried under the bedsheets. As the form groans groggily, a man's voice calls out from the direction of the door followed by footsteps. "Hun, you awa-" the man who spoke was now standing in the doorway. His face had an angular shape with defined jaw and cheekbones, light bornw messy short hair, and scruffy facial hair as if he hadn't shaved for a fee days. As he stood int eh doorway, a plate of breakfast in hand, a chuckle escapes his lips as they pulled into a mischievous smile. The man placed the platter of food on the nightstand next to the bed before he dives under the covers momentarily. With a shriek the woman under the covers would sit up and flail her arms about as her lover assaults her with a series of well placed tickles. Begging for an end to his exploitation, the woman would eventually roll onto the floor of the bedroom, hair bundled into a mess of curls. Her bedmate would peek over the edge of the equally messy bed with a cheeky grin on his face. "Oh, good to see you're finally up!", he commented only to get a pillow thrown at his face. "You have a terrible bedside manner you know that?!" the woman would grumble after finally got her ass off the floor with the conclusion of a series of stretches and yawns. "Aww but I made your favorite~" the man replied, gesturing over to the still-steaming plate of waffles and eggs. "Mmm...Knew there was a reason I kept you around for all this time." she responds after picking up the plate. The dark-haired female would approach the man and plant a kiss on his lips. "Good morning, Derrick~" she would giggle slightly, fully awake and conscious of the world around her.

An ear piercing sound would ring incessantly in her ears, shattering her happy dream-reality as her eyes open to the orange light of the rising sun. She wordlessly rises from her bed, head turning towards the nightstand as her phone buzzed against the table, shrieking at her to wake up. Her form shuffles to the bathroom, commencing her daily morning routine. Once dressed in her medical scrubs and ready to leave the house the black-haired woman would turn to a small table set up near the entrance of the house where a picture of the man in her dream was. "Good morning." she somberly uttered, fingers barely caressing the glass before stepping out the door.

The day had slowly gone by and soon the door to the woman's home would open, an exhausted Claudia shuffling her way inside and straight to her bedroom to collapse into her bed. Her shift at the hospital was a normal eight-hour work day but it was hellish today; lots of running around for doctors, tending to patients and their family members, and responding to various color-codes. Her consciousness slips away as soon as her head hits the pillow, not even bothering to change out of her work clothes or slip off her shoes.

Buzzing fills her ears and the same infernal sound screeches at her to get up. Claudia tumbles out of bed as half of her body was hanging off the mattress when she plopped down for a power-nap. She got up promptly and angrily snatched her phone from the nightstand – the time on the digital clock read 7pm, a bit longer than she had wanted to sleep for but the time was right to get started.

Claudia sheds her daytime clothes, donning an outfit consisting of dark colors. Unrestrictive gear not unlike workout clothes: simple stretchy pants for easy maneuverability, a pair of heavy-duty boots to add impact to kicks and stability, and a black and purple figure-obscuring jacket with a hood. This was her protection against the gangs and police as the two forces were sure to seek out the figure disrupting their operations. Approaching the mirror in her bathroom she would pull the hood over her head and stare into her cold reflection. Claudia would smear a dark paint around her eyes and across the bridge of her nose to form a crude mask; more protection from identification. Her petite form would approach the fireplace in the living area, crawling inside and standing straight up within the chute. She had been practicing for a while and had been dying to try this out. A dark-purple almost black spherical outline would form in each hand, the colors swirling to the center of the otherwise hollow orb. An outline would begin to form around her body and soon her feet would shakily lift off the brick; she was reversing the gravity around her body to simulate a sort of flight or levitation. Slowly but surely she rises to the top of the chimney, her legs anchoring themselves on the brick perimeter of the opening. Claudia lets out a breath of relief, she was surprised she hadn't busted her ass like the other times she attempted this.

She ran on the roof and jumped off into the alley behind her house, again the orbs formed in her hands and her body eerily glowed, this time rather than completely reversing the gravity around her body, she was lessening its effect; this allowed her to achieve a slow-fall. Her power would cease a few feet from the ground, executing a roll and moving with the force that enacted on her body. 

This city is the epitome of hypocrisy in her eyes: the people lived their lives in fear of the gangs and the political figures that 'run' the city claim they will do whatever they can to change the city for the best. Rather than go after the criminals head-on they raise money and pursue them in the courtroom with little-to-no evidence. Her husband got no justice, and because of that she was on a mission to wage a war on the gangs of this city; starting with The Faceless. She wanted them to live in fear and feel the magnitude of their crimes and make them pay for each and every one. Pathetic cockroaches that sell drugs, traffic sex-slaves, deal illegal weapon, and other equally distasteful businesses. There was one gang in particular that held her interest: The Faceless. Their big gang operations run strictly at night in an area too dangerous for the cops to patrol – an area of the city known to locals as: The Pit.

((Late introductory post I know, I'm sorry. No one's really interacted with...not sure what Imma do with this tbh))

Ren Harper

@Nunali

Ren scowled after Troy as he walked away. She couldn't make him talk. She'd learnt the hard way that torture just got false info, and she wasn't sure she wanted to try with this guy. He was a convict, and with superpowers, not some of the small fry that she so often took out. He wasn't one of her targets either, so she didn't want to go picking fights. Besides, from what she could remember, he used to be a decent hero, so she owed him something for that. Probably saved her a few times while out doing his thing. It would probably be impolite to demand things of him. Didn't mean she had to be happy about it. She turned back to the pavement, deciding to just eat her lunch instead. Chasing him would just be more trouble than it's worth. Besides, it was a good gyro.

Ren got back home late. It was a kinda small apartment in a kinda ratty building, but it was just what she needed. She could have been able to afford better, but the neighbours minded their own business, ignored any suspicious injuries she got, and loaned her food and medical supplies when she needed it. Not to mention the guy on the floor below had once hidden her from some gang members without asking for anything in return. She dropped her bag and moved to the kitchen, pulling up the lose floorboard in front of the sink and taking her 'costume'. Calling it that made her sound like and overeager trick-or-treater, but there really was nothing else to call it. Putting the board back, she got changed. 

At least her costume wasn't as bad as some of the other ones out there. It consisted of some tough trainers, flexible clothes, and a jacket reinforced with some body armour, courtesy of Granny Greta. That woman was in a class of her own. Ren had no clue how she managed to avoid the cops or gangs looking for info from her, thought it was probably for the same reason that Ren hadn't asked her for anything except equipment. The look was finished by a Colombina like mask, dark grey like the rest of her costume, for stealth reasons. She didn't care if the police knew who she was, but if the gangs she was attacking found out, her sister might become a target again. Ren wouldn't have that.

The night air was cold on her face as she jumped from her window to the roof of the building opposite. Her power gave her a bit of a boost on that, her legs sparking as she landed, but after a few years, she'd learnt to do the rest herself. The Pit wasn't too far from her house, and neither was her destination: a meeting place for a gang with answers. It was the only lead she had, and while she didn't want to use everything she had, there wasn't much of a choice now. Stopping on a building nearby, she scanned the place, trying to spot any lookouts and ways in that they wouldn't expect. Instead, movement caught her eye. Great, there was another wannabe hero nearby. Sure, they might have their own plan, but Ren wasn't going to let them ruin hers.

Taking a running start, Ren leaped, tucking and rolling to a stop near them. She avoided any large light sources, not wanting to be seen by anyone in the restaurant she'd been scoping out. She took a second to appraise the woman. Black and purple clothes, no obvious show of what she could do. Ren might have been intrigued if she wasn't worried that she'd ruin her op. Crossing her arms, Ren spoke up.

"Mind if I ask what you're doing here?" Ren asked, keeping on her toes. She hadn't meant to come across as hostile, but it was hard not to at night in a crime ridden city while wearing a mask.

Claudia Harris

Claudia would press her body against the wall with a shadow cast upon it and sidle her way towards the street, then voice calls out to her. Claudia bit her cheek as she heard the inquiry of what she was doing there. Her body would move away from the wall as her head turned towards the woman's voice. Her eyes narrowed at the woman that stood before her, watching as she bounces on her toes. Was she looking for a fight? No, she was expecting one; Claudia didn't blame her.  "I have a date." she answered sarcastically. A trio of cars would pull up to the restaurant, the sound of car doors slamming echoing into the alleyway. Claudia's head would turn towards the street and then back at the woman who was in the alley with her. "I don't have time to answer your questions.", she stated as she kept an eye on the group. The men who exited the three vehicles would amount to ten, but only two of them seemed to be bosses. These men were low on the food chain but they knew some information that Claudia needed, namely where a deal between the Faceless and another gang would go down. Claudia would step from the alleyway as she heard the door of the restaurant open and shut.

Two men were standing outside, guarding the entrance as their bosses were inside discussing details. She emerged from the alleyway, hands in her pocket with her head low as she walked down the sidewalk. Of course obviously armed men would notice her and approach. "Sorry miss, the restaurant is closed.", the man on the left would step forward and place his right hand on Claudia's right shoulder to stop her in her tracks. She remained motionless and silent, her hands puling out of her pockets and in a surrender position. Then her right hand would begin to glow, an orb of purple energy accumulating before she tossed it behind the men. A field of purple would envelop the men, stopping right in front of her. The two men would be pulled towards the singularity, a horrid cry coming form them both as the gravity enacted upon them crushes them like a coke can.

@SecretRock

Ren Harper

@Nunali

The extra people were a little bit of a surprise to Ren. She'd only been expecting the people who worked there, launderers and such, but if there was a meeting going on it would be even better. Hell, She might not even need to be spotted. Find a good vantage point to listen in and no one would be any wiser that she had the information. It would give her a great advantage over whoever it lead her to. That plan went out the door as the woman stepped forward. She was spotted immediately, great, and then she gave up? But nope.

Ren stood back, watching the woman do her work. She smiled to herself, impressed by her. Maybe she was a little more brutal than Ren was, but with those powers, who wouldn't be? Once the men were gone, Ren moved out into the street as well, stopping next to the woman and trying to hide the smile. You shouldn't smile while planning how to beat thugs into a coma. Not to mention, it sometimes dislodged her mask a little bit. She was trying to find a better way to attach it.

"Looks like we're on a double date now. It'll take them a little while to actually get to business, so we have time to make a plan." If they didn't hear that, she added silently, and looked to the woman to see what she thought of that. "I'm assuming that you want to either, a, get useful information, or b, not die, like me. If that is the case, then you don't want to do that inside. And maybe get a better entrance than the front door that they've definitely got someone watching." She paused again to let it sink in and to see what the woman would do now that she knew that.

Kayla Okazaki

Kayla lunged for him, swinging her bat with about half her strength, enough to get a feel for how hard she should fight. If she was going to put him away, she wanted to do it with her own power, not what the doctors gave her in that stupid laboratory. 

He dodged easily and countered with the gauntlet, punching her back dead center. She flew forward, her momentum stopped by a wall. She whipped around to find him rushing her, a fist aimed at her jaw. She ducked out of the way and jabbed his gut with the end of her bat, knocking the air out of him. She took the opportunity to kick him in the same spot, pushing him back and giving her space.

Troy Conners

Dusting himself off as he got kicked, biting back the feeling of the air being knocked out of him, He would pull his fists up. "Face it, Kayla, I've always been better at street fighting than you. " He said, He said, before locking eyes on the metal trash can near him. When she came at him with the bat again, he grabbed the lid, and used it as a makeshift shield, causing both objects to vibrate as they collided. He was used to it, but he knew it'd catch Kayla before slamming the lid into her face, to send her back. "Gotten slow!" He said. One thing was still the same about Troy- He loved a good fight.

"This feels familiar, don't it...?" He said, almost quietly, though he knew Kayla would have no trouble hearing it.

@Pandaskel

James Macarthy/ Oceanside Port of Brightside city/ 11pm

It was a quiet-ish night at the docks. Nearly silent if it weren't for the luminescence of downtown. Inbetween two derilect storage buildings sat an old box truck. The kind with no curved edges and oddly small axels. Brightside Fishing co. Was written in stylized letters on the side. It lied in wait. It's driver, a male in his late twenties known locally as the Knight Raider, was obscured by black tinted windows. And then his prey came into view. An armored truck, typically used by companies to haul their daily earnings. But this one was not owned by a company. It was driven by members of the Three Kings Mafia. A European crime ring that recently begun operations in Brightside. The Knight Rider was going to put an end to it. Not because they were criminals deserving of justice,... but because they were stepping on his turf.

After the armored truck drove by, the box truck rumbled to life. Its dim yellow headlights lit up and it crawled onto the poorly maintained 4-lane road. The red brake lights of the armored truck were like targets, waiting to be struck. James easily caught up to it. The road began to widen and as it did, his target sped up to 50mph. He kept pace. Once he was in ample position behind the truck, he made his move. The cloaking device deactivated, revealing that the box truck was actually a silver corvette. The dim yellow headlights were replaced by blinding LEDs and the ticking engine of a workhouse was replaced by the high-pitched whine of a more powerful instrument. The mafia members were confused by what they saw in their mirrors. James hit the gas and pulled up along the driverside. Then he started the light show. 

He pressed a button on the center console and two machineguns poked out of the hood. They swiveled to target the cab of the truck, and then opened fire. The quiet of the night was quickly ruined as the rapid machine gun fire echoed into darkness. Bullets impacted the windows of the truck. Their bulletproof design kept them from shatterring, but the mirror and pieces of metal were shredded rapidly. James continued to lay into them, expecting the windows to break before any authorites would be alerted to the ongoing shootout. 

As James expected, the windshield could only take so much punishment. The bulletproof glass finally shattered. Bullets impacted the interior of the cabin, killing the helpless driver. James stopped the barrage. He jammed his steering wheel hard right and hit the side of the truck.

The vehicle veered out of control and jumped the curb into a parking lot. The heavy truck careened through a line of parked cars. Crunched fiberglass and broken glass now littered the lot. It finally came to a stop when it impacted a concrete barrier, sending concrete rumble into the air. No doubt someone had noticed the noise by now. James knew he had to work fast.

James circled the lot before finding a proper entrance. He drove over to the wrecked truck. With the occupants dead, it would be a cake walk in stealing the gangs precious cargo. The Corvettes driver door slid up and James stepped out. The visor of his black helmet reflected the light provided by the overhead posts that illuminated the lot. The sentry guns on the hood scanned around for threats as he approached the truck. The corvettes localized EMP had been activated, preventing any cameras in the area from seeing what was happening. He held up a portable plasma cutter and prepared to cut open the trucks rear armored doors.

Kayla Okazaki

Kayla sniffed, preventing the blood in her nostril from dripping onto her mouth. "You always hated sparring with me," she remembered almost fondly. "Always worried that I would get hurt. But that was a long time ago."

She wiped her nose on her sleeve and lunged again, knocking the trash can lid out of his hand with an upward swing of her bat and elbowing him in the throat. He caught her wrist before she could attack again and twisted her arm behind her back.

She bit back a cry of pain, refusing to use her voice. She kicked behind her as hard as she could and luckily caught him in the knee. His grip weakened and she was able to rip herself away.

Among the police sirens wailing all over, one caught her attention in particular. She could hear the dispatcher sending them her way. Somebody had called the cops. 

She fought a smile. She just had to keep him busy long enough for the guns to get here.

"Guess you're not worried about hurting me anymore," Kayla remarked, spitting out nose blood that had gotten past her lips. "What happened to you, Troy? It's like you're a different person, not the one I cared about."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back