• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Brightside City - An Urban Superhero Story

Pandaskel

Stock Image
(This is for IC posts only, please don't post until I prompt you to begin. Ask questions on the OOC thread or the CS thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Markus sat on one of the highest skyscrapers in Brightside, his legs dangling over the edge as he admires the view. He always enjoyed coming up to a high point, and just watching the city below. The wind rustled his dyed hair, and his hood almost came off, but was pulled down by his hands quickly after. To his right, lay his quiver. It held all of the amazing arrows his father had helped him create, including a grappling arrow, an exploding arrow, and etc. He currently had arrows at the ready. Lying next to the quiver, was his bow. It was decorated and carved very ornately, as it had curvy markings on its sides, that went well with the green and orange highlights. To Marks left, lay a small paper bag, a napkin sprawled on the ground, with a chicken sandwich and a peach. He picked up the peach, and bit into it. Man, he always forgot how hungry he could be sometimes. He devoured the peach in less than ten minutes, and contemplated the peach pit that he held. Then he smirked, as he dropped it off the edge, leaning a bit closer over to listen for the hit. Unluckily, he didn't have super sonic hearing, so he had to imagine when it landed. 

Troy Conners

Three weeks ago...

Troy was bouncing a ball in his cell, idly passing time before they broke for the yard. Yard was typically Troy's favorite time- Got to test his muscle against any young punks thinking they could fight him, and always got a breath of fresh air. Guards didn't seem to mind too much, Troy kept things in line around here. Troy did it because it interested him. However, those fights started to become dull after last week, since no-one had done anything yet. To Troy's dismay, he was becoming the one thing he hated- Bored. The ball in his hand was his latest way of alleviating his boredom. 

Jeez.....what a drag. This was his reward, huh?

Troy figured that trying to get rid of the organization, and exposing the corrupt police chief for his crimes, would've made everybody happy. Not just him, all of them, his girlfriend and friends included. But this was his reward- Everybody else got to live the high life, and he was stuck in a cell.....He then thought about his ex's words- 'A city where no-one has to fight. A city free from violence. A city without fear.....' Pfft, yeah, give him a break! He thought he was fighting for peace in the city, and look where it got him....As Troy bounced the ball on the wall for the umpteenth time, He heard a couple of knocks on his cell, before looking up.

It was the prison warden, Julianna Hargrove. " I know that look, Troy. You always have it on the day I end up having to buy more cement and metal to replace broken cells..." She said, raising an eyebrow. "Planning on escaping again?"

Troy knew this woman back when she was a police deputy a couple years ago, so he figured he might as well tell her. "Been thinking about it."

She would simply sigh, as she would then slide a tray of food in. "Here...from an old friend."

Troy raised an eyebrow, before picking at the beef rice. He then felt his fork hit something, before fishing it out, and seeing...a cell key. He would then look up, a smirk on his face. "Ya know, you could get fired for this. I can give ya this back."

"I'd rather you not destroy my cell or wall, thank you. Everyone knows that you're only here because you want to be." She said, rolling her eyes. "Guards have a spare set of clothes. Just make sure you come back in one piece, if you do at all."

Troy would just nod, before finishing the meal. Setting the tray down on his bed, he would get up and stretch. "Well.....guess it's time to see what we can do about my boredom. " Troy said, before unlocking his cell.

Present time

Troy was walking down the streets of brightside's downtown. No matter how many times he did, or how many new buildings were there, the place never changed- It was home to him.....well, it used to be home. As he walked down the streets, he kept on hearing things about vigilantes fighting in the city. Names like 'Technomancer', 'Payback', or 'Legion'. Seemed like this place was popping with wanna-be heroes. As he was walking though, he began hearing about 'Night Owl' which broke a smirk to his face. So Kayla was still in the city, huh?....Guess he was in for a reunion. He hadn't seen her since the first time he went to prison. He always went back each-time before Kayla saw him.

Maybe this trip wouldn't turn out so boring after all.

Troy would then pass by a T.V. display, as they displayed a news update. It mentioned his escape from prison, that he was 'very dangerous' and that proper authorities would apprehend him. Troy rolled his eyes at this, before continuing on, looking for a quick bite to eat, or a good fight.

@Pandaskel

Blake

*beep beep beep beep* the shrill sound echoed through the rather small room *Beep beep beep beep* it continued with what seemed like no intention of stopping *beep beep beep..*

"All right i'm up" a voice groaned from the bed next to the alarm clock *beep beep beep* the alarm clock continued "shut up!" the voice called out and a hand slammed down on top of the device shutting it off..."another day another dollar" Blake stated as slowly rose to a sitting position in his bed, running a hand through his jet black hair with a deep sigh. "Alright then" he mumbled as he pulled the  cover away from his body and jumped out the bed and proceeded to get dressed....

"now onto current new, an anonymous source sent us a video of a new vigilante going by the Alias Legion stopping a robbery from Bright side regional bank"  Blake smirked as he heard the lady talking about him "oh yea, who's the boss, im the boss" he pointed to himself in the mirror doing a little victory dance,

Flashback..

"where do you think your going?" Legion stated as he stood in front van going  50 mph. he held his hand out and what seemed like a gust of wind made the vehicle come to a halting stop "now now we cant have you stealing from the bank and getting away from it now can we" Legion asked as he opened the door and pulled one of the robbers out of the van .....

Present time

After doing his...odd little dance Blake got dressed in his usual attire and grabbed his Gladius stuffing it in his jacket before walking out into the streets of East Brightside....

Markus, lost in his own train of thought, didn't realize the peach pit, that had gained a moderate amount of speed, might have startled someone. It made a small dent on the street as it landed. Though not exactly breaking the cement, anyone around could hear the crack which sounded surprisingly like a gunshot. Markus also heard, and leaned more over the edge of the buidiing. "HELLLLOOOOO?" He ignorantly screamed. Not a good thing to do, though Curious Wild Card didnt know this.

@FrostXShadow @Pandaskel @Andraus

Blake

Blake was walking when something hit the ground in front of him making a dent in the pavement "Gahh" he shouted jumping back a little frightened, he looked up when he heard  someone shout hello  "um hi?" Blake shouted back slightly confused on what or who he was talking to. he reached down and picked up what looked to be a peach pit "um i think you dropped this, littering is a crime ya know" she shouted

"Oh, Hi There!" Mark yelled backdown. The woman was saying something, but he couldn't quite hear it. So, he wrapped up his snack put in his cloak, and picked up his quiver and now. He shot the grappling arrow down to the street. Please stay steady this time, he thought, as he rode the zip line down to the ground, almost falling a couple times. He gathered himself, and held out his hand. "Hello. I'm Wild Card."

@FrostXShadow

Blake

'wild card must be his alias' he thought to himself and then outreached his hand "Legion" he stated simply shaking the mans hand "as i stated before, littering is a crime ya know" he said letting go of the mans hand "nice bow by the way, i wish i had good enough aim to do archery" he frowned and tossed the peach pit to Wild Card "next time please use a trashcan" he gave a small smile 

@Squad141 

Wild card smirked at the other guys joke. "Nice to meet you too, Legion. Sorry about the peach pit, it was just an...." He stuttered, looking for the right word, " And Experiment! What are you doing at the moment?" Markus was known at school for starting a conversation, and ending after about twenty-one sentences.

Blake

well im supposed to be going to class but i doubt that's gonna happen now that im..." he paused to look at his watch "3 hours late" he sighed "what about you peach guy" he raised an eye brow looking at the small dent in the sidewalk "and how did you do that?" he pointed to the dent

This was an obvious answer. "Look up. From the speed I threw it at, combined with the distance I threw it at, it would make a dent. Its just science," Mark had a shimmer in his eyes, as he put his hands on his hips. "Or Im just Very, Lucky."

Ren Harper

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, Ren made her way down the street. She had a day off from the shop today. It was a while since that had actually happened. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the time. The boredom that had eventually set in from staying in her apartment had forced her out into the city. She didn't have too much money to spare, but browsing in shops killed time. She paused by a shop with TVs in the window. There was some news broadcast showing an amateur video of some vigilante stopping some kind of crime or other. It really was odd how many of them worked in Brightside compared to literally anywhere else in the world. What was it? Ten versus an average of zero?

Moving past the TV window, she started looking for something for lunch. For the past few days she'd been living off sandwiches and ramen, so maybe a change in diet would be useful somehow. Lining up for a gyro stand, she started to look around the street, see what else was there that day. She expected maybe a few street performers, but nothing else really.

~Seung Kye~

Tags: N/A

Sitting at a small table within a somewhat decent sized café, a young male that had been dressed from head to toe in a large black coat and black dress pants while having a dark blue scarf hanging around his shoulders had sat there with a mug of hot green tea and a few small sweet dumplings on a plate in front of him. Over his ears were a pair of headphones as he had listened to his music from his player that was stuffed into his outer coat pocket. In his hands, he held onto a phone that he had been scrolling through some information about the current news about the city; scrolling through a few different new reports of robberies and missing people the young male had only shaken his head to himself in silence. Many people who had passed him while he had sat there tended to give him strange looks due to his length of hair that had been tied into two long ponytails behind him with white cloths, but yet he wouldn't mind any of their looks. What people thought of him was of no concern, just as long as they left him alone and had not attempted to make any trouble with him.

Just as the dark haired male had sat there at his table, the instant he would reach forward with a single hand to grip a hold of his mug of tea. The last thing that he had expected was in mere moments; three large males had approached the table with the one in the center slamming both of his palms onto the table to get the very male's attention that had been sitting down. However, rather than bothering to remove his dark gaze from his phone; he would take a small sip of his tea before placing his mug back onto the table in silence. "Hey! Kid! You got some nerve interrupting our business last night! It took a lot to find you, what the hell did you think you were doing getting into our business?!" As the one male in the center spoke, the many customers and employees in the café had all their attention over towards the commotion in shock and a bit of fear of what was going on.

All the while, the only response that was given to the trio from the victim male was nothing more than silence for another minute or so. "Now gentleman, there is no need to be making a big ruckus here now is there? You're scaring the other customers and children. Can't we be a bit more civil about this?" As he had spoken, the clear accent that was within his voice stated easily that this male was Asian and he had learned the English language still rather well considering his accent. After stating this, it was clear enough that the male's words had angered the man in center before he would simply snap his fingers just to have the other two unholster their own guns before pointing in both directions of the café as though they were prepared to shoot down everyone in the room in mere seconds. "You think I care?! We'll kill everyone in this room! We're not scared of you or the authorities. They'll turn a blind eye to us rather than getting into a fight with me and my gang!" With those words, the sounds of screams and cries of children and other customers could be heard throughout the small room; many people ducking and getting onto the floor in fear that they were going to be killed.

The entire time, the young male had remained still sitting there in his seat without so much as the slightest reaction. Scrolling through the news further; he would soon halt in the middle of the reading of the article he was at before crossing a single leg over his other. "You're making a big mistake sir." Right after stating that, the man in the center had immediately revealed out his own gun before pointing it directly towards the forehead of the male who remained seated. "I'm going to give you to the count of three, and I want you to beg for your life or i'll kill you and everyone in this room." Threatening both the male sitting and everyone in the room, the instant the man began to count; right as he had said the final number; three, without a moment's waste the male immediately kicked his entire leg upwards that he had crossed over the entire time. This merely causing the table to flip upwards and make the very gun point upwards once it was shot to hit the ceiling light and cause the shattering pieces of the lamp to come falling down upon the trio. Right as the two other men had turned around to check and prepare to fire at the male who had stood up from his seat just to kick the table itself forward over the trio to make them fall over onto their backs; the dark haired male had simply began to pull his headphones from his ears before tilting his head as he approached the trio who scrambled to stand to their own two feet. Right as they directed their aim towards the male once more however, once again; before a single fire could've been shot, he easily kicked aside their weapons from their grasp before standing over them with a half smile across spread across his lips. "Come now, i'll try this once more. Can we not attempt this in a more civil manner?"

Jack Rayne:  

Jack walked through the streets of Brightside City with a smile on his face. He was on an unusually good mood today, so he had decided to kill a few hours by taking an extra long walk. Normally he'd bring an dozen or two of his henchman to act as bodyguards to make sure that none of those pesky vigilantes or a member of a rival gang tried anything funny, but today he felt safe enough that he'd only decided to bring one. After all, he'd convinced all the major gangs to leave him alone and no vigilante had tried to put an end to his business in well over a month. Jack's smile only grew wider as he thought about what happened to the last guy who had been foolish enough to try it, he certainly hadn't been envious of the clean up crew that day. After a few seconds of reminiscing, Jack continued with his walk, only stopping to do a little bit of window shopping now and then. 

Clara Amend
"Now... where would I go if I was a criminal on the loose?" Clara though as she looked around the bustling city of brightside. She had stayed up late last night researching a man named Troy Connor, who had recently broken out of prison... again. With a few internet searches she found out he had a rather long history of crimes, and judging by the news reports he was definitely someone Clara didn't want running rampant around the city. While a lot of the information she found on him was fairly vague, she did manage to uncover his name, powers and what he looked like. Not quite enough to go hunting for him, but enough to notice him in a crowd.

Unfortunately, Clara had very little experience being a hero and had no real idea how to go about finding Troy. She decided it might be best to just wander around town and hope she ran into him, or that he made enough of a scene for her to cut in. As soon as she woke up Clara got dressed in her usual attire with her superheroine outfit placed neatly inside of her backpack, and headed out to find him. After a few hours of searching with no crime in sight she decided it would be best to get something to eat and rethink her strategy. Unfortunately, she wasn't currently in the higher class part of town she normally was in, and thus was forced to eat something she never had before. The word 'gyro' sounded fancy enough, and even though she had no idea what it meant decided to get in line behind the black-haired woman.

@SecretRock

7.Cute-Asian-Pixie-Cut.jpg

Kayla Okazaki

Ability: Superhuman hearing and vocal manipulation

Setting: Saturday, 2 pm, Northside Apartments

Bubble bubble bubble bubble bubble...

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...

"I'm sorry, but the person you've called..."

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and..."

Bubble bubble...

Tick-tock...

Ring ring ring ring....

Knock knock-knock knock knock...

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea..."

Bubble bubble...

Tick-tock tick-to-

RING RING RING 

Kayla flinched aggressively, nearly falling out of her chair. She caught herself on the table's edge and composed herself, moving her fingers through her hair to return it to its original state. Her sweatshirt sleeve fell to her forearm in doing so and she pulled it back down before grabbing her phone. Guess I'll have to practice my listening skills later...

A picture she had taken with her mom during their last family vacation was on the screen as her ringtone blared and the phone vibrated. She answered the call and set the phone on the table, standing up to check on the pasta she was cooking. 

"Moshi moshi?" She answered, throwing her voice to the phone's receiver and focusing her hearing on her mother's voice through the noise of the rest of the world.

"Kay-chan, where are you right now?" Her voice sounded slightly worried.

Kayla frowned. "At home. Why?" She used a fork to pick up a couple of spaghetti noodles and bit into one, testing the consistency.

"Turn on the TV."

Kayla, still frowning, walked back to the table and put her hearing aids in, grabbing the remote and turning on the television. An episode of Teen Titans came on screen, making Kayla smile. "Cool, Teen Titans! Thanks, Mom," she projected her thanks to the phone.

"No, chigau," her mother answered. Kayla picked up the phone and put it to her ear, now hearing normally. "Turn on the news," her mom continued.

She flipped through the channels until landing on a news station, one that had an all too familiar mugshot on display. "Oh," she said quietly. 

"Can you stay in tonight?" Her mother requested. "Just to be safe."

She shook her head, even though her mom couldn't see it. "No, Okaa-san." She refused. "I can't let something like that stop me from doing my job."

"Please," she pleaded with her. "Just for tonight."

"No," she said, more firmly this time. "He's never tried to see me before, and he'll never want to see me again. Even if he did, I can take care of myself. Daijoubu."

"Not against him, Kay-chan," she argued. "Your abilities are amazing but-"

"Mom. I can burst people's eardrums by humming Mary Had A Little Lamb."

Her mother went silent, then mumbled, "Only in certain keys..."

Kayla switched the channel back to Teen Titans, Troy's picture putting a pit in her stomach. "I'll be fine, Mom. Don't worry, ok?"

Her mom sighed. "Just stay safe, ok?"

She smiled. "What did I do to deserve such an amazing mother?"

Her mom chuckled. "You did your chores and walked the dog. Now, I'll let you go. And remember, dinner with us tomorrow night!"

"Hai hai," she confirmed, returning to the kitchen to stir the sauce she was simmering. 

They said their goodbyes and Kayla left the phone on the table, tending to her cooking. Her thoughts, however, were elsewhere. Troy Conners... Where did you go? She herself wasn't sure if she was referring to his breakout or his person. The person she had once fallen in-

Ring ring ring! She flinched again, but this time snapped out of her thoughts rather than startled by the sound. She dismissed the alarm on her phone, which had made the noise, and went back to her business, this time shaking off the ghosts from the past that wouldn't let her enjoy her damn pasta.

Setting: Saturday, 10 pm, Downtown

You're not getting away!

Kayla let out a screech, contorting the muggers running ahead of her as they doubled over, their intestines shaken by the oscillations of her voice. She sent her heel into the jaw of the man closest to her, dodging his attempt to grapple her. One of the others, a woman, ran up behind her, but she heard the footsteps and twisted, sending a swing of her bat into the woman's side and hearing two of her ribs crack.

The third mugger of the trio took advantage of his position on the ground, yanking Kayla's ankle out from under her and sending her to the ground. She grunted, a shock of pain coming from the hip she had landed on. The first man, now recovered and standing up, returned her kick and made her taste blood.

However, she had managed to keep a hand on her bat and now sent it into the man's knee, making him crumple in pain. She took this opportunity to stand and jump back, getting a good look at all three opponents.

They were all dressed in black, with similar tattoos covering their arms. They belonged to one of the local street gangs, petty criminals barely daring to rob a store. She had caught them assaulting a young man, taking all but his underwear. Although if I hadn't stopped them, who knows...

The woman charged at Kayla, slipping on a clearly homemade set of brass knuckles. Kay narrowly dodged the haymaker meant for her face, sending a jab of her own into the woman's injured ribs. She shouted in pain and anger, swinging again and connecting with Kayla's stomach. Kayla choked trying to recover the air that she had lost and the woman kneed her in the face while she was doubled over.

Kayla recovered her breath and let out another screech, the same kind as before. This time, she held it long enough to knock the trio unconscious from pain. When the last of them hit the floor, she stopped, panting and wiping the blood from her mouth.

Police sirens wailed, coming from the station a few blocks away. They were headed in their direction. A passerby or resident probably heard the commotion and called in the situation.

Kayla rested her bat on her shoulder and recovered her backpack, which had slipped off during the struggle. Slinging it over her shoulder, she walked away from the scene, letting the police clean up her mess. 

However, she was anything but happy with herself. Screech, screech, screech, that's all you can do. You have to get stronger. It's been three years. You have to get stronger.

~Seung Kye~

Tags: N/A

After attempting to convince the trio of men that they would be able to solve things through a much more civil manner rather than having to resort to violence. It seemed as though the trio refused to accept this outcome and immediately stood up to begin swinging their fists that seemed to have some sort of metal around their knuckles. The sight of this would only result in a deep yet agitated sigh leaving from the dark haired male's lips as he took one step back each time to easily sway and dodge out of the way of each strike that came towards him, as it appeared; the trio were not in any way going to accept a peaceful way out of this in any sorts whatsoever. Right as they each took a strike at the male once more, rather than continuing to dodge each one of them; for a moment a bluish glow could easily begin emitting from all over the male's body as he stomped his foot once more into the ground, the very instant that his black dress shoe had made contact with the ground the wooden flooring of the café would crack and nearly break around the pressure of his foot as he came back towards the trio just to send each one of them flying back through the front of the café's display glass causing them to roll across the street as they coughed and gagged for air due to the amount of pain that they each experienced from a single strike to their chest.

Seconds after sending the men flying, the sounds of cheering could be heard within the café as the customers thanked the unknown male only to receive little to no response from him once more. Rather than wasting his time to stay there speaking and checking too much onto the people within the café, the dark haired male simply began to leave the café through the hole he had created on glass front display. Just as he had done so though, by the time he had stepped out of the café; the sounds of sirens echoing through the city in multiple different locations would be the only thing to cause him to begin directing his gaze elsewhere rather than fully on the trio who were on their phones calling for assistance. "The police..? But who called?" Questioning himself about the sounds of sirens that he heard, due to the whole confusion; the male had been completely unaware as he stood there, many more of the trio's gang had began coming out from the alleyways and nearby stores and apartments with much more weapons than just a few pistols; such as bats, rifles and other small arms.

By the time his attention was brought back to the group before him that now consisted of six to seven men this time. A single brow raised would be the only thing that would be shown in interest of what he was seeing before him this time. Moments before he could even bring out a single word from his lips, police vehicles had began to fill up the streets around the café as men and women came out of their vehicles before pointing their own weapons at both the group and the dark haired male; demanding everyone had dropped their weapons and to get onto the ground. 'You've got to be kidding, I have yet to do anything wrong. Why are they pointing guns at me too?'  Letting these thoughts roam through his head, just as the gang group hadn't raised their arms rather, they had began firing their weapons at the police before running off to find any sort of cover they could to avoid being shot; the young male just stood there turning his head from one direction to the next.

The strange bluish aura that surrounded over his physical body had continued to emit around him throughout the entire time, while soon enough he had began to approach near the middle of the gunfire; letting his own bluish aura be what protected him from being fully penetrated by the bullets. By the time had had drawn close enough to the gang group, the once near emotionless and bored expression across the male's face had slowly but surely shifted to one of complete annoyance. "This is getting out of hand. My apologies, officers." Just with that, seconds later; the dark haired male had began to channel the bluish aura through his body near up to his entire right arm into a much more condensed source of power. Slamming his fist fully into the ground while making sure to leave an inch or so from actually making full contact to the black tar of the street, an enormous shockwave of a light blue energy would burst around the male as it had knocked back many of the officers, their vehicles as well as the gang members; the shear force of the shockwave sending their firearms flying out of their own grip and into a much further distance that they would not dare go running to grab due to their confusion of where it could be.

While this may had left everyone in a daze for a few moments; soon, the officers and men of the group had finally regained their composures; taking a few seconds to realize what had just happened, the officers soon rushed across the street to tackle and handcuff the group of men forcibly. All the while, the male was left going into a fatigued state as he dropped himself down to a single knee to attempt to catch his own breath while he could.

The continuous clanging of metal and thumping of wood kept Paul up for most of the time he was trying to sleep. With a deep sigh he pulled himself out of his makeshift bed and got dressed. The room was dark and cool due to it being under ground, he even refused to install lights because it might hamper his sleep. Gently using his hand to find the door he slid it open to see the half a dozen guards turning their heads in unison, then turning away to continue their sentinel duties. Now the clanging and thumping had gotten louder since his door wasn't in the way, but no where near as loud as it truly was. Walking past the guards Paul found himself in his favorite room in the cave, The Bubble Room.

At the center of the large room was a large glass half bubble, which measured 3x3 meters. Inside was large community of golems, seemingly in the medieval period. They were very small in comparison to Paul's other creations. All of them were the size of someone's pinkie and were in humanoid form. While some of the golems seemed to be adventurous knights preparing for the daily jousting on wooden horses, others were lowly farmers, digging potatoes out of the ground. Paul had created this habitat long ago, to him it was the true pinnacle of his power, the creation of life. The golems in the bubble seemed to be completely self sufficient, using potato skins as clothes, small pieces of carved stone as money, they even had miniature trees in the bubble with them so they could create their own homes. To someone else it might seem like a toy, to Paul it was the truth of the world, simplicity. What truly amazed Paul is that they came up with this society on their own, the glass was one way, they had no idea he existed.

There it was again, the darkness, it lingered on the outskirts of Paul's mind, waiting to takeover at a moments notice, and so it did. After several seconds of wincing in resistance Paul looked toward another door and began walking to it. Opening the door Paul quickly stepped in, the room was very small but it contained only a lever. When Paul pulled it the room began to descend and the clanging and thumping grew louder and louder by the second until he finally stopped. Opening the door once again Carpenter stepped out and began analyzing the room. Inside dozens of golems pounded at metal, putting it into shapes of arms and legs, while other golems chopped at wood, shaping it into humanoid forms. Countless golems scattered the huge room crafting body parts, weapons, tools, even going as far as to crafting armor, mostly out of scrap metal, they were preparing for war.

Troy Conners

Troy kept his hood up, rubbing his hands together to keep the chill of the setting sun off him. He always got cold really easily, it was annoying. Then again, when you cast fire with a flick of the wrist, it really makes sense. Now, over the last two weeks, he earned some money from doing odd jobs. Right now, he had $120, so he had enough for a cheap hotel and some cheap food. Right now, he could go for some Brightside City Gryo's. Getting into the line, he failed to notice the two in front of him were heroes, or better yet, were heroes that might be looking for him....or he just didn't care.

Cracking his knuckles, he watched the streets around him, watching cars drive by in the busy streets. He then saw a teenage girl walk around with some guy in a black tux. The girl was obviously drunk, causing Troy to sigh. No matter what he did, nothing seemed to change. Punks like this existed everywhere, and no matter how many he beat down, another just seemed to pop back up. In all honesty, Troy was glad he gave up trying, but he couldn't deny that a part of him didn't like the sight. He didn't like people getting manipulated by anyone.

However, as the girls 'friend' was talking to someone, he failed to notice the girl stumbling around in a drunken stupor, dancing to some stupid bullshit...not noticing a truck driving nearby.

Now, Troy didn't consider himself a good-guy anymore, but he wasn't about to let a girl die. Troy would push past the crowd of people, running towards the girl, before pushing the girl out of the way. Clenching his hand into a fist, it glowing with Kinetic force, Troy would punch forward, hitting the truck. The truck would now have a large dent in front of it, as if it had collided with another car. Pulling his fist back, Troy noticed it was now cut up and bloodied. Just because he could hit hard didn't mean he could take it. He was lucky the damn stunt didn't break his hand.

He then heard a voice speak it. It was the girl, staring at him with wide eyes. "You.....You saved me.....why?"

Troy would just wrap his hand up in a bandage, before speaking up. "Old habits die hard, I guess." He said. He tried to keep his voice low, in case Kayla was anywhere near him, but he had to answer the girl after all. He then looked up, seeking the truck driver walk out.

"L-look what you've done! You've completely totaled my truck!"

Troy would just roll his eyes. He felt like he was doing that alot lately. "Yeah, because letting you run over some girl was such a better alternative. " He said, before moving to walk away. He wasn't going to draw anymore attention to himself than he had too, and he didn't want to hear this loudmouths ranting any lnoger than he needed too. Now was time to make his getaway.

Ren Harper

Her attention had been on the police cars rushing past to wherever as Ren paid for her gyro. There seemed to be quite a few of them. She wondered what hey could be going to stop. Maybe she should follow. They might her a few leads to her gang problem at the scene of the crime, though it may just be some idiot 'supervillain' trying to rob a bank or something. She wasn't interested in that. There were other heroes who could risk their lives being selfless and stupid, she had an actual mission to complete. 

Now she was torn away from her lunch by the sound of a crash on the nearest road. A truck was stopped, a large dent in the front of it, and a man stood in front of it. It was highly unlikely that the truck was already that badly damaged. Some people around her had phones out and were filming the scene. Staring like everyone else, Ren recognised the man. Troy Connors. He was in prison, she wasn't entirely sure why, but she recognised him from the reports that he's escaped. She didn't know what prison was like, but there was a chance that this guy knew some stuff she could use. Hideouts, important members, shipments, and who knew what. She needed to talk to him. She started walking over.

"We can fix it," She told the driver, handing him a card for the shop that she'd pulled out of her bag. She didn't know if they could, it looked pretty busted up, but it would shut him up hopefully. She turned to Troy, smiling a smile that didn't reach her eyes, and tried to meet his eyes. She knew he probably wouldn't want to stick around in the open for too long, he was a wanted felon after all, so hopefully he'd talk fast. 

"Mind if we talk?" She asked him.

@Andraus @Hokori

Markus watched as he walked away, bow and quiver equipped. Meeting another strange human being, even if just by name, was very rare for him. These were his thoughts as he was walking aimlessly out of the city, and into the woods. It was nice also to see the trees and nature after that amazing view. He pulled his hood down for a minute, exposing his smile and stark white hair. His cloak rustled as the wind blew through, not realizing he was close to a cave of a certain someone...

@jole875

Greta Ward

Greta took a deep breath before she flipped the close sign in front of her shop, revealing a bright, cheerful open sign. Sunlight ran wildly across the room, reflecting on expensive porcelain figurines as Greta rolled the blinds up. It is always good to start the day by doing some clean up. 

There is something more to the daily morning cleaning than to keep everything well and polished. Every new touch she made with her artifacts reveal a new bit of their past. For instance, the grandfather clock beside her little desk was owned by an anti-hero called Mitosis, who made a secret compartment behind the face. She would need to pry it open later. She added a note using her small, tidy handwriting to ask her customer later.

Her archives had been in need of some weeding for some times. Gossips and slanders spread to confuse the people must be removed to clear up some space. She'll do that later when she has the time. Her order of blinding bombs arrived this morning in a wooden crate. She labelled it S and put it along with smoke bombs and flash bombs. Her grappling hooks were late today. She just hope they come before the new heroes come in. They just love grappling hook.

Greta wiped a bead of sweat from her brow. She poured herself a glass of iced water and sat on a chair just in front of her small shop. The breeze was nice in the morning. She closed her eyes to take a nap when a loud crash can be heard just around the corner, followed by a lot of honking. It must be another of those terrible car crash, Greta thought. Well, it has nothing to do with her.

People rushed in to see what's the commotion all about, and probably to witness the horrid event to tell their friends. However, as she sat there, watching the flood of people, a peculiar man caught her attention. He walked away from the accident, instead of going to it. And his hand was bloody.

"Dearie, you look horrible. Come here and let me treat your hand." The young man stopped, as if to consider the danger she could possess to him. He shrugged and followed her into the shop. Greta took some bandages and a bowl of warm water. She washed the wound tenderly and wrapped it up carefully. Supplied by the worries she had, she numbed the pain on the young man's hand and seal the dangerous wound.

@Andraus

"This won't hurt a bit."

"The procedure will only take a bit."

"Everything will be better in the end"

Whir-r-r-r

A scream sounded, and it took a moment for Warren to realize it was her own.

Warren woke in cold sweat, her blankets a mess around her. The sun was barely rising through her windows, and the dark room cast odd shadows all over the place.

The nightmare was recurring. Warren couldn't remember anything about the incident, anything like that that happened her body. She subconsciously rubbed the back of her head, feeling a small bump where the procedure from the dream would've taken place. She shuddered, pulling her hand away and shaking them out.

She had no recollection of the memory, yet each night she was convinced more and more that the dream was a memeory deep in her mind. 

Warren got ready for the day, the dream on her mind all morning.

Warren found herself near downtown Brightside, where several crimes and occurances were already happening. Such was the life of the superhero. Warren shook her head, finding her way into her favorite gyro shop.

((I hate school))

Blake walked down the street like he did everyday when he didn't feel like going to his college classes "hm what to do, what to do?" He asked himself looking around for something to do. ....

he ventured to an abandoned building on the far side of town to practice his swordsmanship 

Markus finished admiring the scenery, and walked out of the forest, back into the calm and criminal-infested city. It was downtown, and he had pulled his hood back over his head, looking very ominous holding his bow. He walked into the daylight after passing through a buildings shadow, as the ground seemed to shake for a second. Up ahead, the road seemed to have turned into a tidal wave, as multiple people were knocked down. Markus ran toward the source of the strangeness. 

@happydeath

Users who are viewing this thread

Back