• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Boundaries. [w/ sunnydays]

Name: Aspen Ariella Fields
Looks: https://303magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Annasophia1.jpg
Personality: Aspen is a very outgoing and adventurous girl. She loves trying new things, like new activities or new foods. She loves meeting new people and making new friends, and she is very invested in relationships that she has. She doesn't like loosing friends, and she can be very stubborn when it comes to how people treat her friends and family. She is a stubborn person in general, and doesn't like to loose arguments, and can sometimes hold a grudge if you beat her in an argument, hurt her friends or family, or are rude to her one too many times. That being said, she is very protective of her friends and family, and will do anything to make them happy or safe. She loves to make people laugh, and when somebody is having a bad day, she works really hard to make them feel better, or at least smile.
Others:
- Aspen is getting a major in Marine Biology and a minor in Government
- Aspen wants to be a marine biologist and activist for animals
- Aspen lives in an apartment by herself and this is her second year in college

Name: Michael Connor Graham
Looks: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/thecheekydragon/24093899/576631/576631_original.png
Personality: Michael can be a very serious and upfront person with you if he doesn't like what you are doing or if he doesn't want you to do it. He is very professional when working at the college, but can also be fun and silly. He loves making his students learn in a creative way, because he knows that regular old classrooms can be boring, so he is creative with his lessons. He likes getting to know his students and he is a caring guy. He is always on time and is a very responsible man, because he doesn't like being late, or overwhelmed. When he is overwhelmed, he can get frustrated easily and sometimes has a bad habit of taking it out on people around him, but he's working on not doing that, and he's trying to manage how easily he can become overwhelmed.
Others:
- Has been married to his wife Carly for 5 years
- Lives in a nice two story house about ten minutes from the college
- Has a husky dog named Kiya.

I was going to put what subject Michael taught after I saw what your female character was like.

William Thompson; 32
Will is pretty new to the teaching gig after he decided to cut down his work load as a practicing lawyer and ventured out and gave teaching in a local university a shot. He handles a couple of law subjects and government for those who are taking in as an elective and for those who decided to minor in it. Will inside a courtroom is completely different from the Will who teaches law subjects and government. Although when it comes to oral recitations, he can be as strict and scary as a prosecutor for his future lawyer students but for the other students taking his minor class, he's probably the most laid back and easy to talk to professor you'll ever meet. That's why there are a lot of students trying to get in his class since they consider him as the easy A professor.
others:
-he's been married to Hannah for four years.
-childless although they consider their golden retriever, Rue, their baby.
-lives in an apartment near the campus and goes home to his wife every weekend. they're a weekend couple as both are career centered.

large.jpg

Irina Louvelle Grace;21
Irina is an easy going biology student who has her heart on her sleeves for the world to see. Fun loving and kind, she enjoys meeting new people and is an active student leader in their college's organization. She's hard-headed when it comes to her beliefs and passionate with her major.
large.jpg

Aspen was not the greatest morning person. For some reason this year, she thought she could change all that by scheduling a government class with Professor Thompson at 9 in the morning. She usually made it on time, but sometimes, she was late. Today was one of those days to where she was late. It wasn't a simple, pop in to class 5 minutes late kind of thing. She was 30 minutes late already, and she was still a 5 minute walk away from the Jackson Law and Government building. With a sigh she took another sip of her coffee and kept walking, hoping that Professor Thompson wasn't too mad. She was a pretty good student, got mostly low A's on her papers so far this year, and she respected Professor Thompson a lot. She would be lying if she said she didn't have a huge crush on him, and she was hoping that he was kind to her today. If anything, if he got mad, she could probably use some of her charm and flirtatious skills on him to not be made at her.

Thinking about it now, Aspen probably could have been only 10 minutes late if she hadn't stopped at the Starbucks on the way, but she needed her coffee. She was a monster without coffee, and this coffee was pretty much the only reason she dragged herself out of bed that morning. Well, the coffee and Professor Thompson's extremely hot face dragged her out of bed too.

---------

Michael walked into his large sized classroom with a soft smile. It was a Monday and he knew that the students might be a little late and tired from whatever juvinile activities they did over the weekend, but he didn't mind. This class of 80 students was one of his smaller classes, and one of his favorites actually. Many of the students in this class were juniors or seniors in college and very invested in their learning. He could have scientific discussions with his class and not get short and simple responses, unlike his freshman classes. His freshman classes were also close to 500 people, so having discussion was quite a bit harder and more complicated. Most of the times there was just a silence, but in this class, everyone was usually engaged in the conversations and lessons. He appreciated it.

He walked over to his desk and set his laptop bag down on the desk, opening the bag and getting the laptop out. Today he had a simple, 20 slide lecture prepared for them, and then he was going to give assign them a ten page paper to write on cell division and the affect bacteria may have on cell division. It was a rather simplified paper to some students but actually quite complicated be a use cell division was crucially important to all living organisms in order for them to survive. He would be grading these papers rather harshly but also being fair. He knew grades meant a lot to his students.

To say that William was having a shitty Tuesday was an understatement. It was bad enough that he and his wife spent the weekend arguing to the extent that he regretted having gone home. It also didn't help that the case he is currently handling isn't going too well as his client hid a tiny important detail from him that it took him by surprise when the prosecution brought it up last Monday. Things were just simply not going his way this week. Even his morning law class was unforgiving as he came in and called a few people for recitation on the case he assigned over the weekend but the said people weren't even prepared and couldn't answer a single question correct. When he came in for his next class, which was about the US Government, he could tell that his students sense that he was not in the best mood. They'd even go as far as nudging a classmate to pay attention. He actually appreciated that as he powered through his lecture on the constitutional origins of the political system.

Unfortunately for his government class, the room only has one door, so for those who wish to use the bathroom has to come in front and excuse themselves which can disrupt the attention of the class that's why he established ten minute breaks for this hour and a half class. It was also rather unfortunate for those who show up to class late. Five to ten minutes late was okay for him but exceeding the grace period he has given, he wasn't having it. It's immediately reflected on the class attendance which costs you bonus points for the finals. Glancing at his watch, he glanced at the late comer then at his seat plan. "Remember what I told you guys about being late during the beginning of the semester? If you're gonna be late for almost an hour, you might as well just skip and just get notes from your classmates because you're already absent in my record and that also makes you ineligible for the extra points I'll be giving out on finals." William said as he looked up from his seat plan then at his late student. " And you guys know what it also means if I get distracted from lecture... I'm giving you ten minutes to prepare for a short essay type quiz. And Ms. Fields, this week and also for the next week, you'll be my class beadle. So for the assignment I've given last week be sure to hand it to Ms. Fields before leaving the class," he added as he sat down on his desk and sipped from his water bottle.
--
"If you see me dozing off, please pinch me or nudge me awake," Irina mumbled to her seatmate. Being a med student and also a student leader was no joke. She's been running low on sleep and has been torn between studying and her duties as a project head for the med student organization and since she was tasked to be the project head, she had to oversee everything including the sponsors for their upcoming confluence and also scouting speakers for the talk. Usually, Irina was one of those students who enjoy raising questions for the professor and get the class engaged in a fruitful discussion but today she was awfully silent and was trying hard not to fall asleep. As much as she loved Professor Graham's class she wished she ditched this one today and slept instead in the library. To prevent herself from dozing off, she flipped open her notebook and took notes until she saw a yellow sticky note that was a reminder that they had a test on biochemistry, a subject she is taking right after Mr. Graham's class. Well that somehow made her awake. Hurriedly, Irina flipped to the next half of her notebook for her biochemistry notes so she can cram. It was a good thing though that she decided to sit somewhere in the back so she can hide herself from the professor. Turning to her classmate, Sam, who also happens to take the same next period class as hers, she whispered, "hey, can I borrow your notes for next class? I've completely lost my mind and forgot about the test."

Aspen tried to come into the classroom as quietly as possible, but it just wasn't possible, because the one door that this classroom had happened to be an old metal door that made a sound anytime somebody tried to close it, no matter how gently you tried to close it. So immediately, everyone knew that she was late, and so did Professor Thompson, who happened to be in a shitty mood. As she sat down in her seat, and Professor Thompson released his anger out on her, she let out a groan and rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe she was going to be the person who collected and handed out close to 80 papers everyday for the next two weeks. She was late, yeah, and that probably a little rude, but at least she showed up to his class. She liked government and showed up, and that can be more than some of the people in this class who show up like twice a month. She groaned as papers started flooding into her table and she had to organize them, and make sure that the stack was neat. Once she was sure everyone handed in their assignments, she put hers on top neatly, and didn't bother to ask anyone if they hadn't given them to her yet. This was a job she didn't even want, so she wasn't going to go out of her way to do it. She got up, and walked over to Professor Thompson and handed him the assignments without a word and then walked back to her desk, She now had roughly about five minutes to study for the quiz he just assigned, so she got out her flashcards and notebook and started going over the stuff she thought he might cover on the quiz. They hadn't learned a ton of material that she didn't already know from last year's government class, so she was rather lucky. Hopefully she would do good on this essay type quiz.

After the five minutes she had were up, that meant that the total ten minutes were up, and she put away her notes and flashcards, and wondered if she needed to pass out the quiz, and then pick it up once everyone was done. She sat there not wanting to move, because she wasn't going to do anything that she didn't have to do. William Thompson was having a bad day, and now she was having a bad day too. She hated when teachers or anybody did this to her. Having a bad day because of somebody else's mood was the worst kind of bad day to have.

------

Michael stood up front his desk and walked to the front of his desk as his students slowly sgtarted filing into the class. Once they were all in he smiled at them and said "Hello my wonderful biology students. I trust that you all had a great weekend?" He asked and when he saw some nods he continued on. "Today we are going to be doign a simple 20 slide lecture on cell division and transportation, and then we have a small surprise at the end," He said with a smile and walked around his desk to his laptop, and pressed start on the presentation.

"As usual, in this class, I do not care how you take notes or what you take notes on, all I care is that you take notes, as it is crucial to your passing of this class. Alright, let's begin talking about the basics of cell division," He said and for the next forty five minutes, he covered everything on the slides, which wasn't a lot of information, and talked about things that weren't on the slide, which was most of the information the students needed for the paper he was about to assign them. As he talked, he noticed some of the students in the back were dozing off, or doing something for a different class, and when he finished the presentation he walked around to the front of his desk, and took a few steps towards the front of the room. "Alright everyone, due next class I am giving you guys a ten page paper to write on cell division and the affect bacteria may have on cell division. I expect this to be in full detail, as I just spent half the class going over the lecture, so you guys should have enough material to go off of. I also want you to read some professional literary journals, and bring in some outside information from those journals. Make sure you site your work, and don't steal any materail from those journals. If you do it's an automatic zero. Got it?" He said, and most of the class nodded, except for a few students in the back. "Ah, Ms. Grace and Mr. Madden, can you two tell me what this assignment is that I just gave the class?" He asked, knowing that there was no way they'd be able to tell him with how much they were talking.

Glancing at his phone when it lit up, it signaled that the short quiz was over. "Alright, without standing up pass your papers to the aisle and center and last person to collect will hand it to Ms. Fields," he instructed and stood from his desk and paced in front as he waited for the class to hand in the quiz papers. "Thanks," he said as the papers were handed to him and placed them on his desk. "And Ms. Class Beadle? I'd like to have a word with you after class and could use a hand." he added before continuing with his lecture since he still has 10 to 15 more slides to discuss. After what felt like talking in front for the entire day, the bell finally rang, thus ending his hour and a half long class. "Hope you all learned something today and to check if you really did learn something, I'm uploading a seatwork online. Be sure to check it out tonight and answer before midnight on Friday. And as for the readings for next class, I'm giving the original copy to Ms. Fields and she'll be assigned to making copies for the class. Be sure to have a copy next meeting as this material will be used for a few more meetings and some of the questions for our long exam will come from this text. It's up to you guys how you'll meet up and get your copies since I know you all have different majors. You can utilize the group we made for my information dissemination purposes as long as everyone secures a copy. Failure to actually read this next assignment means you are doomed in recitation. Okay, that's all. Class dismissed." William announced as he went back to his seat and go through the stack of papers on his table.

Normally he has a designated beadle who assists him with the class papers but today, his go-to class beadle, Jasper was sick so it just happened that the very unlucky person to take over temporarily of his duties was Ms. Fields since even when he asked for volunteers earlier before she came in, none would even raise their hand since they probably heard from Jasper's ranting the work he makes him do on his spare time, like helping him record papers and the likes. "Today's your lucky day, Ms. Fields. Have a seat. This won't take long anyway," he said and gestured for the chair next to him and pushed a stack of papers in front of her. You can start by recording your last week's exam scores on the spreadsheet." he said as he also placed the laptop next to her. Rolling up his sleeves, he began to go through the assignment he gave over the weekend to grade them. When it comes to checking their papers he gets right to it although entering their scores on his computer takes a while since he has a tendency to forget about it, thus resulting to a pile of graded papers that needed to be recorded. "I don't know when your next class is, but you can take them home and send me a spreadsheet file via email when you're done. Then you can hand the papers back to me next meeting." he added and glanced at his phone when it lit up to see a few messages a couple from his wife, one from his co-faculty asking if they can head out after his class to smoke and another from his paralegal.

--

"Shit," Irina muttered when she and Mark were called on by Professor Graham to repeat what he just said about their assignment. Truthfully, she didn't hear everything because it just so happened that Mark was also unprepared for the test for their next class that he doesn't want to lend her his notes and was making a fuss about bombing the test since he forgot about it like her. Sharing panicked looks with Mark, Irina stood up and decided to get it over with. They were already called on anyway so she might as well answer that they both don't know what he just said about the assignment since they'll be getting an earful from him anyway. "Um... honestly, we don't know. All I can recall is a paper about cell division. That's pretty much it." she answered with a tiny shrug. Mr. Graham was one of the few faculty members blessed with good looks. Pretty much everyone in med school or those who took one his classes would atleast admit to having a crush on him at one point, her included. She'd be lying if she said she didn't have even the tiniest bit or she'd be told to get her eyes checked. But today, in Irina's book, their professor gets a minus for calling her out. "Nope, you're not attractive today, Mr. Graham," Irina thought to herself childishly.

Eventually, her other seatmate briefed her in on the assignment by showing her a note and nudged her foot slightly. "Oh and it's uh... a ten paged paper on cell division which is due on our next meeting." she added but then it dawned on her that she thought passing a ten paged paper the day after tomorrow seemed impossible to do since they were already a junior and she also has duties as an officer. "But Professor Graham, don't you think a ten paged paper due on Wednesday is a bit too much? We also have other classes and duties to consider. Is there a chance you can extend the deadline?" she asked. One thing about Irina is that sometimes her mouth doesn't have any breaks. She would speak out whenever she finds something unfair or sometimes she's one of the brave souls who gets an earful from the professor whenver she spoke in behalf of the class for a deadline extension.

Aspen groaned loudly as the class ended and she was handed 80 different papers fro the short assessment they just had. She reluctantly stood up and walked to Professor Thompson's desk and handed him the papers and sat down as a chair near his desk. When he told her what to do she took a deep breath, now understanding why Jasper complained so much about Professor Thompson's work load that he assigned him.

"Don't worry, I know you wanna get rid of me but my next class isn't until 2. I have plenty of time to finish this for you before I have to leave. Unless you have to be somewhere and you need me to leave," she said while looking down the the papers she was grading. She was slowly transferring the grades into the log, and so far she had probably done about 15. She would be going faster if the papers were assigned in alphabetical order like the log was, but it wasn't, so she now had to find their names in the list which took longer because the papers were our of order. She couldn't believe she was stuck here doing this, instead of being able to go back to her dorm to study or do some work she hadn't finished yet. She was lucky her next class was a lab class and she had finished her pre-lab that she needed to do for the lab she had today in Biology. She would be so upset if she had something to do or somewhere to be and she was stuck here doing the paper work that Professor Thompson didn't want to do himself.

"You know, I'm a good student, and I've only been this late this one time. Why was I given the role of Beadle for the next two weeks?"

---------------

Michael sighed as his student stuttered over her words and admitted to not knowing what the assignment was as much. "Okay well everyone, thanks to the brilliance of your two classmates back there, I can see that we need some new assigned seats, because you guys have gotten too casual with Who is sitting around you. You think it is okay to carry on a discussion in my class whenever I am talking. Most teachers in elementary school would've taught you that, so the fact that I have to reiterate this lesson is quite frankly a little annoying. Next class you will have new assigned seats and if I see anyone talking about anything other than subject material in this class I will assign a quiz. And it will not be easy," He said to the class and then went around to the chair of his desk. He was about to sit down when all of a sudden, Irons started talking again which shocked him. He had just lectured her about how rude she had just been and she decided to start talking to him again. He had to admkt, he liked her braveness. As he listened to her he secretly liked how she was sticking up for the class and asking for an extension but he knew he couldn't give it to her. In all reality, the other law professor who taught at night and supervised him was getting on him aboug how little he was assigning the students. If he didn't assign this due the next time they met, he would be in trouble and he didn't want that.

"Well Ms. Grace, quite contrary to what you may believe, I have a schedule this class follows and I can not extend the due date of this paper. You will have to figure out how you are going to finish it in time, but I expect it to be done. Be glad I'm not assigning it to be a 15 page paper. I could've done that but I decided to be nicer," He said. With that, the bell rang and class was dismissed.

"I will see you guys next class. Feel free to come to my office hours tonight if you have questions about the assignment. Ms. Grace, I would like to see you got a few minutes after class please," he said and sat down in his chair as students packed their things up.

"It's not that I want to get rid of you. I'm a professor who considers his students' academic welfare and if the task I'm giving you right now is too much you can feel free to take it home with you if you wish to study for your next class," William said kindly, not once looking up from the papers he were grading. "You know since you'll be recording your short essay quiz earlier you could've arranged it alphabetically before handing it to me. It would take lesser time if you've done that," he added as he checked his student's papers. He couldn't help but sigh a little whenever he encountered answers that students bullshited their way through. It was obvious that they didn't know what they were saying in the paper and that they weren't paying attention to earlier's lecture.

"Is that so? I don't memorize my students names unless you're a junior or senior in law or you're a habitual latecomer to my classes or you have too many absences." Since he was handling first year to senior law classes and a goverment class as well, he couldn't really familiarize himself with his students' names so whenever a student of his would greet him somewhere in campus, he'd politely say hello to them back. "Ah, about that. You're just that unlucky because Jasper is coming down with something so he'll be needing a proxy for his class beadle duties. And because you're the last person to come in to class,thirty minutes late and that. I've been trying to scout volunteers but that didn't go well so you automatically got the job."

--
"Wow. What are we grade schoolers again with an arranged seat plan. I thought we'd be over it by now in college," Irina muttered to her seatmate. She didn't even think they'd be heard or seen from the back given that they're in a class of 70 to 80. By now she expected some of her professors not to mind students who happened to be doing something else as long as they were doing it discreetly and not causing a disturbance. "Well there goes my chance of getting a decent four hour sleep," she thought to herself when their professor remained firm with the ten paged paper due on Wednesday. "And I'll catch you later in class, I'm being summoned by Mr. Graham and I got to hear what he's going to tell me," she said to her friend as they both walked to the front to exit.

Irina approached Professor Graham and plastered on a polite smile. "Yes, Mr. Graham, you wanted to speak to me?"

Aspen listened to him as he talked, and she entered the grades into his log at the same time. His voice was actually a nice thing to be listening to while she was doing this pointless task. She had managed to get about 40 of the grades down and was halfway through when he finished talking. "Well gee thanks for nominating me, I feel so honored to be doing this merciless job. You know what, I dreamed about being your class beadle ever when I was a little kid," Aspen joked.

"Okay so tell me this, why do you have a paper log? In a world where everything is centered around technology making things easier for people, why not have a technology database that you can enter our grades in, and it would probably go quicker. My high school had a technology grading system and the teachers loved it, and so did the students actually. It made it easier for us to view our grades. Then that way Jasper wouldn't have to fake being sick every once in a while," Aspen said and smiled. She knew very well that Jasper wasn't sick, she saw him at the college's baseball game yesterday, two rows in front of her, hanging out and acting like a normal baseball fan. She knew he had probably woken up this morning, feeling tired from the baseball game and decided to fake being sick. I mean, Aspen might've done that to if she was his beadle everyday and had to do things like this for all of his classes. She could barely handle doing it for her class, so doing it for all his classes where he had almost one thousand students, was probably driving Jasper crazy. A technology database might not make Jasper feel so crazy and it may actually help him to feel more appreciated by Professor Thompson, if that's what Jasper was looking for. Everyone looks for appreciation and thanks from people, and if Jasper was looking and never got it, maybe he was getting tired of being the beadle. Aspen knew that if she had to do stuff like this everyday and never got any appreciation from Professor Thompson, she would go crazy too.

------

Michael waved goodbye to some of his students that waved to him and he turned his attention to Irina when she walked up to him. He smiled softly at her and nodded, standing up from his desk so he could be eye level when he talked with her.

"Yes, I hope I'm not making you late for another class. I just wanted to talk to you slightly about your behavior today in class, and what I've noticed a little the last few weeks in this class. I think you are a brilliant student, your papers are always in detail and you always do well on exams, so I am rather confused why this attitude towards me has developed. I am invested in my students education, so when one of them blows off my class and then acts a little rude to me about it, I get a little concerned. I hope you didn't see me assigning the paper as a punishment. I would love to give you guys an extension, but the head of this law department is actually on me about how little I am assigning you, and he says he wants another paper in the grade books by Thursday morning. That means when you turn you papers in Wensday morning I barely have a day to read and grade almost 80 of your papers. I'm not taking anything out on you, I just want to see you succeed, and I don't want to see any kind of attitude towards me. I wanted to give you a chance to explain yourself. I'm not mad, and your not in trouble, I just wanted to have a quick chat," He said calmly, not wanting her to think he was mad at her. He really wasn't mad at her, because he understood how stressful college could be on some students, and he knew that some students had problems dealing with stress or the work load, especially when they got up to junior or senior year and were starting to get ready to graduate and go out into the real world and get jobs. He didn't like putting pressure on his students like he just did, but this was about keeping his job, and he loved his job. He needed to please the head of the law school in order to keep his job for next semester and not get fired.

At Aspen's remark, William couldn't help but crack a tiny smile. Probably the first time this week that something or someone made crack even the tiniest of smiles. "Wish granted then. Would you like me to extend your class beadle duties for another week?" he asked half jokingly.

"I am not that old to not be aware of databases and the likes. I'm actually from the millenial generation like all of you in my class and it's not that I don't have a spreadsheet file for your grades, because I do have one, just so you know. It's just that I like having a written hard copy of your grades as evidence if one wishes to contest the grades I've posted during grades viewing season or if a student happens to manipulate their grades that I've computed. Besides you'll be typing them in as well once you're done with that," he explained. One thing he learned from being an attorney is being prepared for all kinds possibilities in the courtroom because you never know what kind of trickery other lawyers have up on their sleeves. The same thing in school. Students these days have their own means to manipulate their grades because those numbers mattered to them. "Ah Jasper... that rascal..." he said as he shook his head after finding out about him feigning illness just to skip his duties. "Figures. I know a lie when I hear one. But then this isn't a courtroom so I'm letting it slip."

Looking up from his papers, he smiled as a male student entered and approached them. A takeout bag from a cafe, in hand. "A faculty wanted me to give it to you, Mr. Thompson. I think I'm gonna take up a teaching job just like you. You get sweets from female professors all the time, Mr. Thompson," the student remarked which made William chuckle as he accepted them. He already knew who the treats came from. Back then when he was new in the job and newly wed, he tried not to accept these because he didn't like giving his co-faculty false hope and burdening them. These past months though, he couldn't careless and just came to accept it and tried to become much more friendlier with them. It's not like his wife was gonna find out anyway, nor would she care. "Well tell her I said thanks. And you should head to your class now. One tip. Don't skip leg day or gym daw," he added as he shooed the student away. "Want some? You could use some coffee. You're only halfway through the first task."

--
Although Mr. Graham wasn't scolding her for what she did, Irina still felt like a child being told off and being asked why did you do that. She actually felt guilty and even embarrassed though for coming off as rude to their professor especially when he was nothing but kind to them. She acknowledged her mistake and that she could have chosen another way of handling that matter. "I'm sorry, Mr. Graham. What I did was inexcusable," she said quietly as she fiddled with her thumb and her eyes cast downwards. It was already a given that Irina's mouth doesn't have any breaks to it and also she sometimes has tactless tendencies but today she just lost it and actually lashed out on a professor. The stress from the past week from her duties as an officer, a project manager and a med student took a toll on her. "No, no. I completely understand that you need to give us something work on. As a professor it's like one of your duties to give us papers for you to have something to grade on. Look, Mr. Graham, I shouldn't have acted out in your class out of stress... " The longer Irina stood in front of Mr. Graham the more embarrassed she felt for lashing out. It also made her wish that the ground would swallow her up so she could disappear from the face of the earth. By the end of this class, she probably didn't have any face left to show Mr. Graham.

Aspen smiled softly as she worked and listened to Professor Thompson talk. He actually liked how he kept his books, she thought it was a very good idea with some of the students at this college who might try to manipulate their grades or say that they shouldn't have been given a certain grade. Aspen knew she would never do that because she works very hard for her grades, and she knows that whatever she gets she deserves, whether it is a bad grade or not. It's not the teachers fault if somebody doesn't put effort into a paper and the teacher grades them like he is supposed to.

"Well I think that's a really smart way to keep your books and files," She told him, almost done with transporting things onto paper. She was just about done when a student came in, looking a little nervous, holding a bag of coffee and probably some pastry from the coffee shop down the street. It was actually where she stopped to get her cup of coffee. She picked up her own cup of coffee, which was a little cold no, but she didn't mind. She chuckled as the student talked about becoming a teacher for the gifts from other teachers and nearly choked on her coffee.

"You aren't going to be getting many gifts if you become a teacher," She thought to herself, looking the boy up and down. She went back to putting the last few grades onto the paper file and smiled triumphantly when she finished the paper files, forwning slightly because she knew that she now had to put these all to a computer log now.

"You know, the female teachers are onto something, giving you all these gifts," She said quietly and shook her head when he offered her coffee, holding up her own cup of coffee. She had just hinted at the fact that she thought he was cute, and she regretted it instantly now.

----------

Michael nodded and listened kindly and patiently as his student talked. He really admired Irina for her hard work and kindness that she showed him, so he knew the last few weeks, her attitude was different and it wasn't natural. When she said it was because of stress he nodded slightly, understanding that, because a lot of students were stressed.

"Well Irina, you are human, it's okay to be stressed. Maybe you need to find something that takes the stress out, like hanging out with friends or your partner if you have one, or working out, of watching a movie every once in a while. You can't just work all the time. Working is defintely good, but every once in a while, take a break and have some fun. It will relieve your stress a little and make the work you have more enjoyable and seemingly easier to get done/ College isn't all work, it's supposed to be a little fun too, so have some fun every once in a while" He said, giving her some advice that he hoped she would take. He had seen too many intelligent students drop out of because of stress, and he didn't want that to happen to Irina.

"If I need to assign you some homework of having fun, I will," He joked and cracked a smile at her.

"Your coffee's probably gotten cold already though, since it's been like more than an hour since you came into class," William pointed out. "I insist that you take it. It's still hot and well I already had three strong cups this morning... and I'm trying to cut down my intake if I don't want my heart to burst from palpitation. And there's the pastries too. Plenty to share," he added as he passed her the chocolate croissant that he secretly liked getting as a treat.

Aspen's remark earned her another chuckle from William. "Well what can I say, I was born good looking," he said jokingly. "About that, it's either they want me to be their son-in-law or go out for drinks," he explained to her. He was new to the teaching gig since he joined the faculty just last semester so he still hasn't figure out a way to gently let them down because whenever he tried to give hints that he's unavailable it doesn't look like they've gotten the memo. He also thought it was burdensome on his part to keep on rejecting and sending back food whenever his co-faculty would give him some because he didn't want to hurt their feelings and since right now he was all about building rapports with his co-faculty. He needed a good network if he had plans of establishing a legal clinic.

By now he has gotten used to it when it comes to his students or even co teaching staff when they try to drop hints that they find attractive or when they try to subtly flirt with him. With his students, he just tries to play along with it, not wanting to make it awkward and just lighten the mood in general, but not to the extent that they'd get the wrong meaning though.

--

Irina bit the inside of her cheek as she listened to Mr. Graham's advice. Before she even enrolled to this class, her co-officers and other upperclassmen that she knew of spoke nothing but good things about Professor Graham, they all loved him and regarded him highly. That's why when she was signing up for her classes she made sure to get herself listed in this class to see it for herself. Now she could see why. He was passionate in his job and compassionate towards his students and probably even co-professors. Their professor is kind and he could be silly too. It was also a bonus that he wasn't bad to look at, rather, he was easy on the eyes- which was actually another reason why she took it.

Well, Irina wasn't all work when it comes to academics and her extra-curricular activities. She knew how to have fun, too. During her free days or when the work load is tolerable, she could be found hitting the gym or lazying in her apartment catching up on her favorite series or she could be out of town club hopping with her apartment friends. "I know. It's just that this past few weeks has been hectic for me to the point that I don't have time to do the things I enjoy doing," she explained. Irina couldn't help but roll her eyes and crack a smile at Mr. Graham's joke. "Well Professor Graham, my definition of fun is quite different. Hitting the gym and kicking my trainer's butt in martial arts is one. Another is bar hopping until I pass out. If you want to give me a fun homework, how about a drink of two?" she said teasingly.

Aspen smiled softly and gave in to Professor Thompson's insisting of her drinking coffee. When he handed her a pastry too, she had to admit, she was very happy. The pastry looked heavenly, and the warm coffee tasted so good. She wasn't going to admit that she was so happy, but she did say "Thank you" as she finally gave in. She took a bite out of the pastry and smiled, as the chocolate tasted so satisfying to her.

"Wow so are teachers coming onto you like a daily thing?" She asked and took another bite out of the pastry, looking down to the paper and grabbing the computer so she could start transferring the grades into the log. She could do this much quicker now because the both logs were in alphabetical order and she could just go down the list, entering the grades. She was good with memorizing numbers, so she could remember a few at a time, and knock out a group of about 5 students at a time before having to look at the papers and remember the next few numbers. She was personally very happy with herself because she got a 93 on this paper, and she had worked very hard on it. She entered her grade in and smile as it changed her grade in his class from an 88 to a 91. She now had an A in this class, and she was really happy. Not many people had gotten A's on this paper, she was one of the few, which made her even more proud of herself. She felt bad for some of the people that had gotten C's and D's on this paper, and there was one person who had gotten a 51, which baffeled her. How do you fail so badly on a paper, where the criteria was given and the information for the paper was all in the notes or the textbook? She entered that person's grade, and felt bad when their grade tanked from a 78 to a 62. They were epically failing this class now, and while she didn't know the headache they were going through, she felt bad that this person sucked so bad.

-----------

Michael chuckled and shrugged when Irina teased about having him give her some fun homework of going out to a bar and having some drinks. "Well I wouldn't openly tell my students to go out and have some drinks and possibly get drunk, but it that's what you count as fun, then go ahead. Just don't go too wild, or campus police will arrest you. We can't have that happening to a promising young individual like you," Michael said and walked around the the front of his desk and leaned against it, as he was getting a little tired of just standing there. People had always told him that he was too young to be a good professor to college students, as he was barely in this thirties, but he felt like he was leaving lasting impacts on his students, and right now he felt like he was doing an especially good job as he made a connection with Irina.

"My idea of fun is watching movies, going out on runs, maybe going to a bar every once in a while too. Thatis what relieves stress for me when I have too many papers to grade or one particular guy with a stick shoved up his butt looking down on my teaching styles and thinking that he can dictate what I do with my students," Michael joked a little bit, hinting at the head of this law department who was being very rude to him lately. He ran a hand through his hair and glanced at his clock, to see how long he had till his next class. He had about an hour and a half before his next class would come in, which was his freshman class. He was kind of dreading that class since it was so large, and most of the students were kind of arrogant, thinking that they had gotten into a college, so they were automatically guarenteed a degree, which was not true. Most of them would figure out that they had to actually work for their college grades, and they would figure it out the hard way.

"Not really daily, but it has become a normal occurrence ever since I started teaching," William answered as he finished off grading their papers and stuffing them in his folder once he was done arranging them alphabetically. He had forty minutes left before his next class so he was going to save his next task for Aspen for next time or he could just do it himself later by the end of his class. On Tuesdays his class would end around noon which means that he had the rest of the afternoon off. Compared to the rest, he had a fairly light teaching load it was just that he handles too many students per subject he's handling.

Glancing at Aspen, he wondered what she was looking at for her to stop herself from grinning. Leaning closely, he looked over to see what she was looking at on his spreadsheet and saw instantly the grades of the few who was at risk of flunking this class. He knew those kids quite well for being absent often in his class and passing plagiarized homework or papers. "Well... I kept on reiterating to you guys that my subect being an easy a and easy to pass are just myths. Just because I'm new" he explained with a shrug. "Besides they're taking my class for granted, I'm gonna do the same to their grades as well," he added. "You should see the kind of paper they pass to me, it's honestly so ridiculous that it makes the other teachers laugh when I show it to them. Sadly, I don't have it with me. Perhaps next time," he said before pulling a croissant from the bag and taking a bite from it.

--
Irina smiled and shook her head. "You know, Mr. Graham, from my three years stay here in this university I'm already well aware of those things. Besides those things happen mostly to freshmen or frat boys who should know better when there's an in-campus party. That's why we tend to have parties or go clubbing a good distance away from the campus. That's where almost all the upperclassmen are at," she explained.

She couldn't help but grin when he mentioned a certain professor who was rather giving him a hard time. She had an inkling as to who it could be. "I think I know who that professor could be," she said with a knowing smile. "He just happens to also be my professor for my next class. Which reminds me..." she said and glanced down at her watch. She only has a few minutes to spare to cram. Normally, Dr. Wells would come in exactly fifteen minutes late.

"Unfortunately, I need to go now, Mr. Graham. You know how he is always fifteen minutes late to everything. Got to utilize that and cram whatever I can otherwise I'm gonna bomb his test. Thanks, by the way, Professor Graham," she said and smiled sweetly as she waved at him before before scurrying to her next class. At least she left his class somewhat feeling lighter compared to when she came in.

After the end of her morning classes, Irina found herself by the cafe, laptop open and phone in hand. Her planner was also open to where she'd jot down some contact numbers of alumni doctors and professors of their department. Things were just not going her way today. First she gets called out by their biology professor and then the exam that she took on her next subject which she felt like she'd flunk and then the third one was she had to find some replacement speakers for their confluence, hence why she intends on ditching the rest of her class. Glancing out of the window, she beamed when she saw Professor Graham passing by and gave him a tiny wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back