Bored. Inspiration needed..

Zaramis

I am at a lack of inspiration. I have one game running for Exalted, but we only play ever so often, and I don't know if I can find enough players who want to play to start up another campaign.

What is there to do, to make use of creativity, when you cant Storytell? :P

Write. Draw. Sketch. Paint.  Tell intricate and involved lies to get women to drop trou and rub themselves all up against you.  The possibilities are endless...

This is what I read:

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah.  Tell intricate and involved lies to get women to drop trou and rub themselves all up against you.  Blah' date=' blah, blah ...[/quote']
:lol:

He's right though. Many studies have shown that by taking you're mind off the given topic and doing other creative things you can jump start the ol' juices in your noggin'. Maybe try switching the type of Exalts that are played.

Forn Clakes, you're good at this shit, help the man out!

Hmm. All I needed to do to get women to spontaneously come up and rub themselves against me was to whine, a bit loudly: "I need hugs.." then my beloved girlfriend showed up and hugged me.

I did draw for a bit. Went decently okay.. hm.

Make scads of character sheets. I like making characters, and they'll be useful in future games.

I also draw.

Seriously though, when I first got my hands on Exalted back in 2001, I had no players whatsoever, and didn't get to actually ST until 2003 when I moved to where I am now.  During those 'lonely years', I got used to the setting by just creating characters.

And I mean creating everything about the characters, their histories, quirks, mannerisms, looks, everything, to really bring them to life.  I would spend just a few minutes here or there adding to each one, developing them, and it really helped when I came to actually ST my first story because I believe that a good story comes from believable characters, and I had spent a year and a half on characters.

Ok, so you're not getting to ST at the moment, I'm sure you will one day, so in the meantime take this holiday-period to get some ideas rolling, whether it characters, plots, locations, anything, just make sure you keep them so they can be developed later.

Hell, if you want, share them here, 'cause I'm sure you won't be the only one in that position, and I feel that we're good enough here to really help in your ideas developing.

~FC.

With "We only play ever so often" means that we play.. every week, or little less than that. It's just not enough for me ;P

That campaign is great, and everything is going well.. but I need to do something during the days when waiting for the chronicle to unfold. I am addicted to my own campaign.. haha

I tend to develop more material.  I tend to come up with more ideas when I have sketches and drawings--I also do character sketches, I tend towards lots of props and doo dads.  That, or you can do a bit of development bits.  Or, perhaps fill out the world a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back