Literature Books That Challenged/Impacted You?

I'm not one to typically read outside of the teen/young adult fiction section of a book store... Not my age range but hey, love the simplicity of those novels.

Any who... My boyfriend is a huge Dan Brown fan and he encouraged me to read the Robert Langdon ones. A couple weeks ago I finished Inferno and it really opened my eyes to the overpopulation issue the world is dealing with. I have two children and wouldn't change that for the world, honestly, would love a third but then I read this book and my perspective changed slightly. What kind of world are we headed for? The number of people outweighing the amount of resources our planet has. The book also drags you into Dante's Inferno, which intrigued me so much that I am going to try and find a copy of the Devine Comedy.

Several books of the awesome Bernard Werber impacted me, mostly The Thanatonautes.

Also the Robot series from Isaac Asimov.

They changed my point of view on lots of things.

The Red Book by Carl Jung and The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell are two books I have been trying to get down.. but they're just so shiny and pretty that my eyes burn and my mind becomes overwhelmed.. o_o

The Giver and The Boy Called "It" were two books that impacted me a great deal..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back