Literature Book Recommendations

Hey all! Still a bit new here! Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on a new book to read! I just finished reading 'The Wise Man's Fear' by Patrick Rothfuss and absolutely LOVED it! It is fair to say that I'm a fan of most things fantasy/medieval when it comes to genre, but I'm always open to others as well.

A few of my favorite books are:

• Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
  • Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Ooooh. Okay you have Game of Thrones on here so I highly recommend the "Broken Empire" Series. It consists of Prince of Thorns, King of Thorns and Emperor of Thorns.

The first two books in Brian Staveley's Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne are out, and the third is coming in March. The first books are Emperor's Blades and Providence of Fire. I highly recommend both of them. Seeing as how you like Game of Thrones I'm sure you are okay with a slightly darker, grittier story.

Since you already are reading Rothfuss I also recommend Brandon Sanderson

BookWyrm said:
The first two books in Brian Staveley's Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne are out, and the third is coming in March. The first books are Emperor's Blades and Providence of Fire. I highly recommend both of them. Seeing as how you like Game of Thrones I'm sure you are okay with a slightly darker, grittier story.
Are Chronicles of the Unhewn and Emperor's Blades and Providence of Fire all dark fantasy?

BookWyrm said:
Yes and no. It has it's moments.
I see. Thank you. After finishing the Broken Empire Series, I have been looking for some Dark Fantasy. Perhaps I'll just get the Thrawn Trilogy for Star Wars

If you are looking for Grimdark I would recommend the Grim Company series by Luke Scull and the standalone book Beyond Redemption by Michael R Fletcher.

BookWyrm said:
If you are looking for Grimdark I would recommend the Grim Company series by Luke Scull and the standalone book Beyond Redemption by Michael R Fletcher.
Thanks for the recommendations! I was never a big reader tell recently, and lately I have been craving to read something :P

*Looks at the bookshelf with hundreds of books, then remembers they are his moms*

I don't read much of anything outside of the Fantasy genre. If I do it is usually a couple of specific authors such as Dean Koontz, Michael Crichton, or Stephen King. If you like dark stories I highly recommend Dean Koontz "What the Night Knows" and Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". Both are excellent stories.

BookWyrm said:
I tried reading The Final Empire by Sanderson but it's very bland, there's not a ton of variety or anything aside from good world building. At least that's my opinion.

I had some problems with it the first time I tried to read it as well. I'm going to give it a second shot once I'm done with Myke Cole's Shadow Ops: Control Point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back