• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Blood Moon [Characters]

Svadilfari

The mediocre Gatsby

5731f9238940ab19455b49722a3bef9c.png
Please introduce yourselves.

From the table of Dr. Bates, Cathy

Hello,

This is Dr. Bates, your new school counselor. Mr. Dixon wanted me to introduce myself properly to all of you students. Unfortunately, I have a bin of paper works to fill out, and a couple of luggage to unpack. If you do not mind, I would appreciate it if you can answer a couple of questions for me. I promise that it would not take more than a couple of minutes or so.

Ready?

In a separate sheet of paper, please write your full name and age. I would appreciate it if you can attach a current photo of you, and please jot down a brief description of yourself behind the photograph.

This next task will immensely help me in my Student Analysis. So please answer the following questions honestly. Alright?

zzz+Christinas+World+Andrew+Wyeth+large+image.jpg
Take a look at this photograph. Please let me know how it makes you feel. Why do you think the girl is looking at the house? What is going on in there? Or in the photo? What about the barn directly behind the home? Is there anything in it?

And lastly, how do you like it in Ryder High? Do you have any friends? Enemies? Why is that?

I believe that is everything that I need to know. If you want to share anything else, like what it is like at home, please feel free to do so. I would like to help you out if you have any problems, or if you need some help on some matters.

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope to see you soon!

35b9a04060266930d134f7ba2fe19dbe.png

Please message me if you want to be an Oxen member! Please note that only three people are allowed to join the Gang. :-)

Slots Open:

1.) Jason 'Jax' Halliday 6.) Open
2.) Liam Issac Weir 7.) Open
3.) Open 8.) Open
4.) Open 9.) Open
5.) Open 10.) Open

Non-Playable Characters (NPCs):
- Bentley 'Ben' Lagmay
-Aya Tachibana
-Madeline 'Maddie' Haddox

P.S. Please make sure your CS is short and simple! I'd like to get to know characters better throughout the RP. :-)

IC Thread: Blood Moon
OOC Thread: Blood Moon [OOC]

Last edited:

Profile #1 [NPC]

9d47df0ea9026204dd9c8a32f7285af9.png
The Class President

efdd784754675ade51da126c15f412ef.jpgName: Bentley 'Ben' Lagmay

Type: Local

Finger Print: Recorded

Student Ranking: Senior: Class President:
Honor Student: Year Book Committee President

Cathy's Notes:
Seems like Bentley is everyone's friend. He often appears carefree, and greets anyone with a bright smile. He is alert and responsive in all of his classes, and polite to his teachers. Submits his homework in time. The poster boy for the perfect student. He is one of the first to hand me back my Student Analysis. I got very... interesting results from this young man. Seems to me like he knows more than what he is saying. Is he hiding something?

Profile #2 [NPC]

9f50a6367c81f309c554a7b62ad1b102.png
The Wallflower

kurumi-tachibana.jpgName: Aya Tachibana

Type: Semi-local. Moved to Hooksett when she was ten.

Finger Print: Recorded

Student Ranking: N/A: Junior: No extra-curricular

Cathy's Notes:
Aya is very shy and sweet. She rarely talks in class, though she does well in her studies. Her grades are mediocre. She excels in her art class. Mrs. Chadha showed me some of her paintings. They all look rather melancholy underneath all the splotches of bright hues. She said the girl from my Student Analysis photo looked afraid. I asked her why, but she would not give me an answer. She only shuddered. I wonder what this girl is afraid of.

Profile #3 [MAIN]

1ecfabff33f4449ee9a954674745f0bd.png
The 'IT Girl'

e981d44d35d34dda8a640162c110504a.jpg Name: Madeline 'Maddie' Haddox

Type: Semi-local. Mother moved to Hooksett years ago, where she married Mr. Haddox.

Finger Print: Refused

Student Ranking: Senior: Honor Roll:
Homecoming Queen: The Oxen's Leader:
Year Book Committee Member: Cheerleader

Cathy's Notes:

Maddie Haddox, the famous 'Head Ox' of the Oxens. She is, as described by her peers, charismatic and ambitious. Maddie refused to speak with me for a longer time, claiming that she is 'quite busy' with 'numerous preparations.' When I showed her the photo for my Student Analysis, she only smiled. "Dr. Bates, I don't think there's anything to see in this painting, really. It's just a girl looking at a house from the field. That's just how the painter wanted it. I think people see what they want to see, y'know? The human brain is very powerful after all. Learned that from my AP Psych class. Which, by the way, I'm running late for." I need to observe and learn more about this girl. There is something about the way she looks that is not quite right. I cannot put a finger on it at the moment, but something about it unnerves me. Maybe I can interview another Oxen member...

Last edited:

MV5BMTk0NjMwMzcyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgwMTAwNw@@._V1_.jpg

de40d4745f6fae1fecd1e7a510571be4.png
Schoolboy || Oxen Member

Hey Dr. Bates,

It's Jason Halliday. Most people call me Jax though. I just turned nineteen actually, last thirteenth of November. As for the whole 'description' thing, I honestly dunno what to say. I stand at six foot and two inches. I guess I weigh around a hundred and seventy-ish pounds? I haven't really been keeping track, but that's what I got last physical check during our training. I'm in the Football Team, and Coach wants us in tip-top shape. He says that 'health is important' as he munches on Bob's BBQ Fries, but hey, I don't judge.

Most people say I look like my father, though I have my mother's eyes. It doesn't really show well in photographs, but I have a ton of light freckles on my face and body. All over. Like a 'smattering of constellations on the night sky.' I know that's a pretty strange description, but my mum loved calling it that. Constellations. We used to read a lot together. It was nice.

As you can tell, my eyes are blue, and my hair a light brown. I tend to keep it short 'cause it gets really messy sometimes. Plus it always gets in my eyes during practice. I usually just go to school with a shirt and jeans on to change into uniform easier, but I sometimes have my Varsity jacket on too on some days. And yeah, I'm the kid who left those nasty footprints in the Teacher's Lounge last Thursday, if anyone (or Principal Dixon) is asking. Sorry about that. I've been meaning to change these old red sneakers, but never got around to.

And, okay. I guess.

I honestly feel sorta sad when I look at it. I think she's looking at the house because... I dunno. I think someone called her name and something happened. Something terrible. Maybe someone died. Or maybe she's just looking back because she's trying to face what she's running away from, y'know? Maybe that's why she's on the field. Far away. Maybe to get away from it all, for just a moment. But it's always there. Everything just stays there behind her, so she has no other choice but to face it. As for the barn... I- I don't know. I guess it makes me feel uneasy. I think there's something in it. Something bad. Maybe she's looking at the house because the thing in the barn might get out, and she's worried that... I dunno.

I actually like it here. Everything's going pretty cool. My grades are fine, and I have people to hang out with. I think I'm better at my English Class than anything other. I don't drink any more. If you heard anything about that or something other. I stopped some time ago. It's going better. I mean I do smoke but... It's just that and nothing else. I promise.

I do have friends. I have the Oxen, and Maddie. Been her friend since childhood. She's a really cool person, once you get to know her better. It's just that sometimes she... It's.. Nothing. And Bentley. He's everyone's friend. He gets really annoying sometimes, but I guess most Class Presidents are. He's a know-it-all and tries to keep joining our gang. I dunno if Maddie will let him in though. Then there's Liam. He's one of my friends and he's a good one. He's really cool too, and he can be nice. Actually, screw that. Yeah, he's definitely a dickhead to everybody. So if you don't get a letter back from him, don't take it personally, yeah? But I guess that's just how it goes for him, y'know? He always acts like there's always a rod up his ass, but he's fun to hang around with. I don't think he's really emotionally invested in anyone, but hey, you gotta have some sympathy for the Devil. No man's an island. As for enemies, I dunno. I guess I do? I haven't really been paying attention.

And okay. I think that's everything too. I... Home is... fine. I don't think I have any Earth-shattering problems right now, but when I start to feel like Atlas, I'll let you know, yeah?

Nice talking with you,
Jax

Last edited:

large.jpg

scribble.regular.png

Player || Oxen Member

Dear Dr. Bates,

Forgive me for being rude, but I don't see the point in this. It seems stupid, and above all, useless. You probably won't ever see more than a quarter of us this school year, but if you insist on wasting our time and everyone else's, then by all means continue. I'm Liam Issac Weir. No nickname of any kind, just Liam. I'm eighteen and turned eighteen on the first of May. In case the photo gets lost somehow, I'm very hard to miss. I'm 5'11", have brown eyes, though I normally wear blue contacts, and black hair. While the contacts I wear aren't prescription, I do wear reading glasses when needed. I weigh around 180 lbs, but most of that is muscle, and the thing that probably distinguishes me the most is my nose ring and skin.

The photo is weird and unreasonable. It doesn't make me feel anything else but confused. One, she's obviously looking at the barn. The house is an after thought, and two- how did she wind up that far away from the house and the barn? If she was running away from the house, she would probably have taken the front door and ran straight out. When someone's scared, the adrenaline kicks in and they just try to leave. If she was running away from the barn, she wouldn't be put in the middle of the field since the barn is facing away from her. But, let's just say she was running from the house or the barn, why is she on the ground and why is she staring at the buildings. If someone's running, they go. If they fall, they get back up and run. It's a pretty painting, yes. Whoever painted it has incredible talent, but it just makes no sense.

Ryder High? It's... and interesting place. Interesting people. I've been enjoying football and I think if I practice enough, I may even be able to beat Jax in talent. Jax is more like a frenemy than a friend, even if he thinks otherwise. I have no interest in really being friends with anyone at this school, anyways. But, like Maddie, I like to keep them close. I kind of have to since I'm apart of the Oxen. As for enemies, I probably have a lot. I'm a dick and I know it.

My family is fine. Mom and dad work, older sister is in college, we're living life. And I have no problems. Everything in this world just comes to me easily, which is getting rather boring, but I wouldn't want to change it.

Hope to never do this again,
Liam

b60d5f67376eb28fcb90dfd646505143--natural-hair-hairstyles-protective-hairstyles.jpg

scribble.regular.png

class clown/stoner || no member
hey doc,

dixon is gone? damn! i never got to tell him how much i loved him. it’s chill, though. i’m sure i’ll love you just as much, and maybe even a bit more.

anyway, i’m fatimah! or, well, “fatimah imani bennett,” but that’s a dumb fat mouthful, so i expect a cute nickname to celebrate our new friendship. in return, you think i could call you cathy or something? i don’t really jive with official titles; they’re weird.

i hope my headshot didn’t get lost; it’s super cute. if it did, though, and my pretty little face gets marred from kicking the postman’s ass, i’ve got a ton of natural black hair, these totally alluring dark brown eyes, and a pierced nose. i’m not real tall, like five three, and didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s rude to ask a lady’s weight? you’re lucky we’re pals, cat, or else i so wouldn’t tell you that i clocked in at one-forty when i took my last trip to the scale.

[by the way, i’m eighteen (aka totally legal, wink wink), and my birthday is august 26! now that you know, i hope to see a pretty package with my name on it.]

but enough about me! you asked a question, yeah? about that picture? god, i dunno, cat. do you ever feel helpless and desperate, like you’re chasing or grabbing for something you’ll never actually reach? that’s the vibe i’m getting. i’m not crazy or emo or anything, but you understand, right? like, there’s something in that house she’d do anything for, but it’s just outside her grasp. and she doesn’t care about the barn, by the way. she’s focused on the house. she knows the barn and she hates it. she’s sick of it. she’s been trapped there, kept there or whatever. she wants to get into that weird, bummy looking house, even if it’s only once, even if it costs her her (is that even grammatically correct? i hate english) life. whatever’s in that house is way more than cash. she’d kill or worse to have it. why’d you have to go and pick such a spooky weird pic, cat? now you’ve got me all sad and crap!

now, about ryder. you’d think “aw, it’s high school, it’s gotta be hell”, right? bzzt, you’re wrong! it’s pretty sweet here. i get to skip and slack off whenever i want, but i swear my grades are cool, so don’t nag me. teachers aren’t too harsh, for the most part, and i can roll in glassy eyed and smelling like a dispensary and nobody’ll stop me. i’ve got tons of buddies, too, but that doesn’t mean you’re any less special, promise. i’m just good at talking to people. i really hope i don't have any enemies, 'cause i don't hate anybody? it'd eat hella ass if people looked at me and were like, "ew" or whatever.

home life ain’t too shabby either! i stay with my padre and my li’l siblings, one brother, one sister. i’ve got pets, too: a hedgehog and a cat. i’ll give you some pictures of them so you can coo over how cute they are (they get it from me, fyi).

here's pickles, the cat:

tumblr_n9gb3bIebv1qarzgbo1_500.jpg

and franklin, the hedgehog:

norman-cute-hedgehog-brett-jessie-14.jpg

this was tons of fun, cat! hope we get to meet in person real soon.

your new favorite,
fatimah ♡

Last edited:

3001caio.jpg

Bryant Washington

Class Clown

Hi, Dr. Bates!

Well, I can say I wasn't expecting the change in management. But does that really matter? I'm sure you'll be just as great as Mr. Dixon! Ah, where are my manners? My name's Bryant Washington, although people usually say Bryan instead. Not that I care, I've gotten used to it. As of July 21st, I'm nineteen years old. In case the photo attached to this envelope gets lost (which happens more often than one would think), I'm actually pretty easy to spot: I'm 6'0" tall, my skin is a bit tanned, I have brown eyes and curly, dark chestnut hair. I like to let it grow and become a sort of low fro. I feel like it really conveys my free spirit. I weigh 167 pounds, which is, in my humble opinion, reasonable. I mean, I'm not as strong as Liam, per say, and I wish I was a bit buff, but it doesn't bother me that much.

As for the picture, it makes me feel comfortable. At ease. The girl is looking at the house because it is her home. I don't think anything's going on in the house. There seems to be a ladder outside. Maybe the family is remodeling? Would make sense, the house does looks worn out. The picture itself just looks like the girl's observing her house, sitting in the calm fields. There might even be a gentle breeze blowing against her. As for the barn, it looks like it's the house owners' barn, since it is directly behind the house. Like the house, it looks old and worn out too. I would say they have livestock in there, but chances are it's not occupied.

Do I like it in Ryder High? I love it in Ryder High! I mean, I've only been here for like, what, five, six years? But that doesn't change the fact that it's a very good school, and the students and teachers are all very competent. Of course, there are some bad apples, but who am I to judge? Everyone in my class knows me, and I like to believe that we get along well, but I don't think I have that many friends. More acquaintances than anything. As for enemies, I really hope not. I know some of the more serious students don't like my antics, but I think they manage to tolerate me without hating me.

Home is good, home is nice. My mom is often doing part-time jobs and when she's not busy, she's taking care of the house. My step-dad works at the police department and he's just as supportive as my dad used to be. I also have a sister, but she doesn't really like to talk or stay around people. She says I'm annoying and that it's not normal for me to be as positive as I am. I pay no mind to her words though. I think she's still not over what happened to dad.

Regardless, this was fun. Hope to see you soon!,
Bryant

Last edited:
proxy_form.cgi

gotyi.jpg

Outcast/ Artist
Good Evening Dr. Bates,

Its currently 11:23 PM as I write this, hence the evening. My name is, as im assuming you know is Ophelia Cleric and im an 18 year old female standing at 5'4" and weighing at about 128 lbs. Now that we seem to be passed the doctors visit part of this letter I guess ill introduce myself some. I dont like nicknames so calling me Ophelia is preferable. I enjoy reading and painting in my free time and have some small obsessions with antique...well, anything. I have an old record player from my grandparents house before they died and have a bookshelf full of old poetry books. Im really into the 80's Gothic culture, like the scenes from the Batcave and so forth and think all this new wave modern goth and how its become connected to social media is distasteful. That may sound hypocritical but we all have to think for ourselves dont we? What kind of world would it be if we all just followed one way of life? An endless wave of people thinking the mundane day to day things they do make them unique and special. And yes I do have a nice home life. After my grandparents died they left me the house and enough money to get me by until I graduate and since im 18 I dont need to have anyone come and watch over me thank god. Oh yea..I forgot to mention my parents didnt I? Yea they left a long time ago..I dont feel like getting into that right now though.

As for that painting..I dont know it fills me with a mix of something I cant quite place. Longing maybe? But I feel like that longing is filled with fear. I cant help but almost not feel like myself but putting myself right in that painting and being that girl and feeling what she feels. Shes scared of that house but wants to go back. Maybe something..or someone she loves is in that house but she knows she cant go back no matter how much her hearts is begging her to. And the barn...hm..the barn I cant seem to get a feeling from which makes me think maybe its something she wants to forget.

Now Ryder High is ok. Its High school after all and theres always going to be somebody who wants to make life either heaven or hell for somebody else. But no ones perfect. I tend to just keep to myself so I dont have many friends save for a couple of people I smoke cigarettes with after school. I wont name them for their sake but they are good people. Enemies on the other hand I dont really have either..at least I choose not to see it that way. There are just some kids who look at me and think that im a good outlet for whatever issues they have going on. They throw food, garbage and call me disgusting names sometimes but I was taught not to give a shit about people like that. My grandma was very headstrong you see. I like to keep my friends closer and my "enemies" not very close at all. Besides its better its me they tease rather than some of these other kids ive seen who are just...off. Teens are stupid you know, poking a sleeping bear and think when they turn around to go home its not looming over you with angry, bloodthirsty eyes.

Hope this wasnt a waste of time reading, its now 12:30 I should be heading to bed.

Ophelia

16.png.04801658516b017a943635e27338d93d.png

letterblocks.regular.png

Musician

Hello, Dr. Bates.

My name is Helene Boehler. While not many people can come up with nicknames, I'm fine with anything. Some of my close friends and family call me Lena or Helly, though I know the nicknames sound rather weird. I'm just turned eighteen years old on March 15. As for a physical description, I'm not tall at all, as I'm only 5 feet and 2 inches tall. I don't weigh much either - I'm about 110 pounds and rather skinny. I have tanned skin with tiny freckles all over my face and body, big brown eyes, and long, slightly wavy black hair that is pretty manageable. I usually just wear what's comfortable, to be honest. While I don't have a set style, my clothing tends to lean towards a more bohemian style. I wear colorful peasant blouses as well as bell-bottom jeans and fringe sandals sometimes. However, I do my best not to stand out too much and my usual outfit consists of a white off-the-shoulder top, black flats, and blue or black skinny jeans. On another note, I more recently got my septum pierced and while the first few days were not fun, I really like it now.

Despite this letter being rather formal (so far) and the rather professional-looking headshot, I'm actually a very laid-back person. I, as some say, don't sweat the small stuff and I'm usually calm and optimistic, but not the "butterflies-and-rainbows" kind of optimistic. A better word would be positive. I'm quite theoretical and like coming up with different (and sometimes useless) ideas and explanations. I'm pretty creative, I think. I'm actually a lead singer in this indie rock garage band, so . . . yeah.

The painting. Wow, okay. To me, the girl looks . . . lost. I just can't get it out of my head that she looks afraid and honestly, she looks helpless. Now, I'm not saying that in a bad way, just to point out her body language. But at the same time, she looks like she longs to go back where she once came from. Perhaps a homesickness? But that wouldn't make much sense because the barn is right there! In front of her! But maybe . . . she can't go back? Maybe there's something she can't face in that barn? Maybe that's why she seems so afraid? I'm sorry, I'm getting way too deep into this. I'll just go on to the next part.

School is good. My grades are good and people are friendly enough. I don't have many friends since . . . well, I'm kinda introverted and shy (surprise, surprise!). But I do have my bandmates and they're my closest friends. I'm fine with not having a huge circle of friends. To me, having those many people around you seems tiring and irritating. Like, I need my space to think of ideas and stuff! SHOO! Well, I wouldn't shoo them away or anything, but I think you get the point, Doctor. As for enemies, I really hope not! I don't know why someone would hate me. I know that sounded a little . . . arrogant, but I honestly don't. I haven't hurt or bullied anyone, so I don't know why anyone would hate me.

Home is . . . okay - no life-changing events or anything. My dad's not home very often since he has business meetings and trips all the time. But it's cool, I guess, since he'd never miss any important days like birthdays or holidays. I feel bad because I know I should think of everyone else, because I know my dad's working hard and he's doing it for us, and I feel like I'm being selfish. Mom says it's natural to feel how I'm feeling and I talk to her about my feelings and daily experiences all the time. Every day. We're extremely close and I don't think there are any secrets I've kept from her. My brother and sister are doing well, thriving in their elementary school and getting good grades.

Hope I didn't make this too long.

Sincerely,
Helene

Last edited:

what_I_want_to_be_like_when_I_grow_up-3687.jpg
Dear Dr. Bates,

Welcome, Doctor!

My name is Charity Meeks, Ari for short. You’re welcome to refer to me as such! I’m currently seventeen years old. I’m sorry but I couldn’t find a better picture. I look less presentable in other photos of my current appearance, haha. I guess I’m an alright height, standing around 5’4”. I weigh 48kg. My mum says I look like my father; a little too much she’d add. She seems to hate it a lot. I don't know why. My eyes are dark brown and I have matching hair which I plait everyday. If I’m feeling a little more adventurous, I’d leave it be but it always gets caught by my bag. I’ve been told that I have an addiction to florals, which, I sort of agree? I mean, my floral blouses aren’t terrible… Right? I wear glasses but I lose them pretty often. My eyesight isn’t all bad. A little blurry but I’m able to put together what I see.

The painting is really beautiful, simplistic, but beautiful. I really hope to reach that level of skill someday. As for how I feel, I guess I feel sad and hopeful? I feel that maybe she’s running from something but fell in the process. The look she’s giving the house holds some sort of hope, like the house is her salvation. In the back of her mind, she knows she cannot escape whatever she’s running from. I feel like when she gets there, it’s not what she expected, what she imagined her salvation would look like. It’s depressing to think about, don’t you think? To dream and long for something only to feel disappointment when achieved? I’m not really sure about the barn, though. I just get this ominous feeling everyone I look at it, for some reason.

Ryder High is… I don’t know. What choice do I have other than telling myself all the good things about it? I mean, I get by. I get through it without trouble most days. I get teased here and there, sometimes my hair pulled from behind me, but it’s all good! I have friends, but they don’t attend Ryder High. Not anymore, technically? I see them a lot at church though! We sew together and talk about many things. One of them is a staff member here at the school. We like to attend bingo nights at the church, bible study and knitting in the weekends. As for actual students, well, not so much. Most of the people in my class are kind of intimidating. I don’t hate anyone though! I hope no-one hates me. I try not to get in everyone’s way so I really hope I didn’t do anything wrong.

I’ll admit, home isn't quite the best. I try to believe in God, I really do. I feel like the religion isn’t for me though. I’ve learnt some good lessons but my mum can get a little crazy about God. She can tell I've changed over the years. My little brother, Norman, agreed as well that she can be weird. I never grew up with a dad but I considered our pastor to be somewhat my fatherly figure. He’s been immensely kind to me since I was a child. I guess I could consider the church to be my second home, despite me not having much faith as I used to.

I don’t know what else to add. Again, welcome to Ryder High!

Best wishes,

Charity M.

Last edited:

latest

Ollie Grey-Fletcher

Hipster | Artist

Hey Cathy,

To answer your question: Yes, I do mind, actually. I don't really have to write a letter, do I? But whatever. Let’s be friends. I promised my folks I’d at least graduate, so I’ll try to play nice.

Anyway, I’m Oliver Malcolm Grey-Fletcher. Just call me Ollie. Gosh, Cathy, I feel closer to you already.

Attached is a copy of one of my glorious headshots in this letter (If you need more, just ask). Use it well, Cathy. Stare into my mesmerising brown eyes. Run your fingertips along my rich, dark locks. I won’t judge. Hell (can I say hell?), if you want, I’ll just visit you in person. Sure, at 5’8”, I look like a skinny dwarf next to the likes of Jax Halliday, but fear not. I can make up for it in a number of other ways. ;-)

(If you were wondering, yes I’m eighteen and most certainly legal.)

Off to your question: What do I think of the photo? Well, I think crawling lady has some weird genetic condition that disfigured her foot, and I have no idea what’s behind the barn. Wikipedia lost me there. Sorry, Cathy. I just don’t have the answer to everything, alright?

But honestly, you know what I think? I think it’s crazy that this chick would even work so hard to get back to a place that looks so boring. Get on a bus, and move out to a nice, little apartment in the city, girl! There’s so much more to life than stale country life.

Which brings me to Ryder. I just can’t wait to leave the place. Not that I’ve ever gotten my head dumped in the john or whatever, but people just don’t get me here. I’ve earned a reputation for being a smartass (can I say smartass?), and have definitely gotten my ass kicked for it more than once, but for the most part I’m pretty invisible to those outside my social group. I'm in band, theatre, and the film appreciation and art clubs. I play a handful of instruments (guitar, drums, and currently learning the piano). I don’t act but I work on set design for the theatre club. So I guess that makes me one of the artsy ones.

If anything, I guess the Oxen folks make me want to roll my eyes for all of eternity, but like I said, I’m pretty invisible, and aside from maybe Liam Weir, I don't have a real reason to punch any of them in the face. I've got no real enemies -- except maybe those sheeple going around with their fancy, overpriced Beats headphones. You feel me, Cathy?

Home life is pretty chill. My dad’s an accountant, and my mom’s a music teacher (It’s Zoe Grey-Fletcher, if you haven’t met her yet … please don’t let her see this letter). I’m their little college summer fling accident, but I think we can all agree it’s all worked out for the best so far.

If you need to talk, know that I’m always here for you, Cathy.

XOXO,
Ollie

Last edited:

tumblr_o1deu6ORJE1si1sfpo1_500.png

Miss Prim and Proper || age 17 || student at Ryder High

Hello Mr. Bates,

Here's a warm welcome to you as a student of Ryder High. It doesn't trouble me at all to give you a full introduction of myself:

My name is Eleisya Yates-Wycommin (a.k.a. Ellie) and I am 17 years of age. Don't ask why my mother named me that. It's one of those things that are beyond me, but not much is, so if you have any other questions that don't pertain to my person, do ask! I stand at 5'6" and if you cared to identify me by my weight, I would add that I weight something like 124 lbs. I guess my classmates would consider me to be a bit of a braniac, although I prefer the term intellectual. I don't have that many friends, although I keep a few choice girls around me... and close. People are social animals, after all, and the company helps keep unnecessary thoughts at bay when I'm sunk in worrying. I don't have many enemies, and prefer living peaceably with my fellow man. If I have a real problem with someone, I'll talk to them face to face... when I feel up to it.

As for the painting, it doesn't make much sense to me at all... I leave this sort of artistic interpretation up to the art students, usually. But let me see: It does give an overall feel of loneliness, like the girl is missing something. I'm also unsure as to why she is sitting down in the grass like that with such a pretty dress on. Isn't she worried it'll get stained or muddy? Or maybe she hurt her leg or something? Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'm afraid I wouldn't know anything about the home or the barn in the image unless you gave me an approximate year the painting was created. Although, I can assume that there are ordinary farming machinery and equipment in the barn. Maybe some feed for the livestock or a barn cat or two.

Thanks for inquiring about my home life. It's been five years since Father left. The last letter he sent was from somewhere in the West. I'm not sure which city, although the name was somewhat long. I apologize, I should have been paying better attention, but I threw it out because he never says anything good. Mother is alright. The doctor still comes fairly regularly, every Saturday evening, to give her the prescribed medications. School on the whole is going fine, and I'm excelling in my studies.

I appreciate the letter and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,
E. Yates-Wycommin

Last edited:

Logan,%20Stephen%20-%20Black%20and%20White.jpg

Dear Dr Bates,

Welcome to Hooksett! I hope you'll enjoy your position as school counsellor for years to come.

My name is Jonathan McNeil. You can call me John or Johnny, as most people do. I'm currently eighteen, as my birthday is on the 19th of October (too close to Halloween). The last time I checked, I was 5'7" and I weighed 65KG. I was actually born in Phoenix, Arizona but I consider Hooksett as my birthplace and 'true' home as my family moved here roughly two weeks after I was born.

Apologies for the lack of colour in this photo, it was the best one I could find. I have brown hair and what's been described as hazel coloured eyes. As you can tell, I like to keep my hair short probably because I'm not a huge fan of dreadlocks or others. You may find me with glasses at times but I usually wear them during lessons rather than all the time.

You may have already been told that I'm a writer for the school's magazine and, I have to say, I take great pride in that position. I'm also an enthusiastic and committed member of the Drama Club. I've currently gotten a scholarship to a Uni (out of state) that's famous for their English courses. I aspire to be a reporter who'll cover international affairs in the future. (So if you spot me on TV doing an interview or something in a few years time, you can say you've talked to me.)

The photo is...intriguing to say the least. It's absolutely fascinating! It's funny how such a bare landscape can present so much to it's viewer. The bleak background and the grey houses do send a message of fear, danger and maybe even sadness but the woman changes the narrative completely. Her bright pink dress and her longing, curious gaze towards the houses along with the comfortable bed of long grass she's lying on tells us, the viewer, a story of harmony, grace and pleasure. This huge contrast between the foreground and background could explain why some people may have completely different views on the photo. However, I simply feel the need to know more about the context of what's going on. A picture is, indeed, worth a thousand words.

Ryder high is a mixed bag. Yes, I have quite a bit of friends and yes, I have several enemies that I have to live with. Ryder high, like most high schools I've been told, is essentially a feast of all the teenage dreams, desires, fun, memories you'll ever have, served on a shaky table of doubt, pain and misery. I've been bullied and I've been in deep trouble before, but I've also had gotten stupidly drunk, had some fun ,and heck, even fallen in love. So, do I like Ryder High? I don't know. But one thing's for sure, I'm going to miss this place when I leave in the summer.

Home is another thing. I'm not going to delve too deep into it but family is about to 'break down', if you know what I mean. At one point, I considered staying and ditching Uni for the family counselling but I figured it's best if I'm not there during the arguments and stuff. I just hope my younger sister, Caroline, visits me and stays over during all of it. I can't even begin to imagine what it might be like for her. I know she's only two years younger than me, but believe me when I say this, she will suffer horribly if she's there for it all.

Apologies for ending it on a sad note. I do hope that we communicate more often in the days to come. It was a blast speaking with you Dr Bates.

Best Wishes,
Jonathan M.

Last edited:
69937ea2252f307e06a3cddcb0e61348.jpg

Punk | Cynic

Dear Doctor Cathy Bates,
This is ridiculous.

My name is Hope Berenice Makepeace, and do not make fun, alright? My parents were Amish, I have a perfectly valid excuse for the name. I'm seventeen, my birthday is the eleventh of November, I stand at five feet and eleven inches and god knows what I weigh; definitely not enough. I'd send in a mugshot but you can be well informed that I do not have one yet, so this is what you get; the plainest picture of me possible and the only one without obscenities. You're welcome for that. Got brown eyes, dark hair, and pierced as many parts as I could. I thoroughly break the school dress code on the regular with my, how you say, punk stylings and I'm too tired and damn well too poor to change my wardrobe, probably going to want to get used to that.

As for the Andrew Wyeth painting, I've seen that thing in New York, and I already know what's behind the making of the actual piece so doesn't that defeat the purpose of giving you my "perspective?" Whatever, the model is Anna Christina Olson, Wyeth made the painting when he saw her crawling across a field 'cause she had polio or somethin'. Honestly he probably didn't even put as much thought into the damn thing as you want me to take from it. I mean, a million things could be happening here: the house could be empty, Anna could be empty, Anna could be running away rather than to anything. Who even knows? Point is, there is no point and this whole picture thing is just an inconvenience. Pointless.

I hate it here, I don't want to be here, but that's not my choice, is it? The American education system requires it or my legal guardian will go to prison before I do, and that's just another inconvenience.

As for friends? I'm not sure what to tell you, I'm sort of a bad influence so those who know better stay away. Or I'm hard to approach, can you believe that? But it wouldn't surprise me if I had enemies, or at least people who don't like me. Why? Well you try being a complete fool in this place and come back to me with your conclusion. And it's
none of your business what my home life is like, that's an invasion of my privacy and I don't appreciate it. You want my home life? Talk to my guardian, she'll gossip all the details to you in vague and self-victimizing ways so you can feel bad for her.
Anyway, you'll probably see me a lot, good luck.
Hope.

Last edited:

Yo Dr.Bates,
I'm writing the letter and supposing no one is going to actually read it, or are you not one of those teachers who doesn't give a damn about their students? Well if you actually have opened this then I beg you stop reading now, knowing myself I'll probably be disrespectful.

I'm Quentin Hale, you'll probably hear my name around, and I'm eighteen, my birthday isn't that far ahead though. I find it kinda weird that you want me to not only send you a picture of myself, but also a description to go along with it, but hey I don't judge.
So as you can see I have brown eyes, brown hair, the cutest smile (I'm kidding) and I am about 6'4, I think I weight almost 185 pounds, I'm a big boy, I like to work out.
I have a earring, hope you're not the type of woman who's against that sort of stuff. It's a small silver wing my little sister gifted me, not taking it off. And I like rings a lot, they're both nice and a defense method, if you think about it.

Now your student analysis is kind of creepy let me tell you miss, and I'm starting to think you're not all there, but I'm going along with this.
So first look and I immediately think of that movie, Inglorious Bastards, the scene where the young girl runs from the house her parents were just killed in. She looks back at the house but there isn't anything she can do about it, it doesn't matter what's inside the house or the barn, the only safe option is running away.

Now Ryder High could be worse, it could also be better. Still can't wait to leave.
I'm that kind of kid who's kinda popular but prefers not to hang out with the popular crowd, ya know? Some would say I'm a little bit "unconventional", only because I didn't want to get in the football team, and it's a big deal around here.
I used to get in fights when I was younger, but in highschool I became chill and made a lot of friends.
I don't think I have enemies, I don't hate anybody, why would they hate me? Maybe they're jealous, lol losers

I usually don't talk about my problems with strangers, but get this: as soon as my grades will go down my mom is going to come to you Dr.Bates, and she'll tell you all my problems so you (in her head) will pity me and save my grades. These are her three favorites: "he's adopted", "he has dysthymia", "he hates school". Give it a couple of months and she'll tell you herself.

PS: It must be your lucky day, caus here's a second picture.
Still hoping you won't actually open this, bye.

Last edited:
a4933b88bd8bba202b5d154d226fce04--native-american-girls-american-women.jpg
Greetings Dr. Bates,

How are you doing? Are you enjoying your new teaching position as of yet? My Name is Miigwan Abenaki , and I am 17 years old. I see no problem in answering your questions, after all I have free time on my hands since it's winter break!

Since the only pictures I have in my house that are semi good are either hung up or inside one of my Kookum's scrap book I had to get one that had been discarded, my apologize. But since you asked for a description along with the picture I thought it would be alright. My eyes are a dark brown that resembles that of dirt when it rains. My hair is a shade of dark brown that reaches about my mid back. I stand at the height of 5'5 and my skin is a light shade of brown. I consider my figure to be average, slim but not skinny you know?

Now about your next question regarding the
picture you sent me, I'm not to sure how it will help you but yet again besides from watching whatever is on T.V, I have nothing better to do. To me it appears to be that she is looking back to what she was and what she had. It's like life is making her move forward but she is longs to stay behind with what she once was (that is why she is far away from the house and barn). The painting makes me feel a tad bit somber because it reminds me of something that I experienced in my life. The barn could be as of the negatives that happened? In everything there is balance between good and bad, and the barn may represent that of the bad things that happen back then, however the good of the house(good times) out weigh that of the barn, and she is willing risking the barn if it means the house?

Now, how am I enjoying Ryder High? So far it's been great! I made lots of friends, but only a couple close friends. I guess you can call the others more of acquaintances more than friends, after all I only really talk with them at school. I also enjoy the company of a majority of my teachers, and spend my lunch with them when my close friends are busy or not at school. The close friends I made however no longer get along... Last year we all were supper close but over the summer break it seemed to have changed. Now they are always sending each other glares and can't stand being in the same room as each other. Now I am more of a peace keeper with them, and I just wish things would
return to how they used to be. On to the next questions, do I have any Enemies? I don't believe I have any, but you never know the true thoughts of others right? As far as I know I am chummy with most of the school, the ones I am not with just haven't made an attempt to talk with me yet(or that's what I tell myself).

I feel nothing against telling you my home life, after all it is a counselors job to help the students deal with problems at school and at home. My Papa works out in Alberta so my KooKum looks after me. My Papa visits every now and then, and if he remembers, sends a post card from places he visits. I never really knew my Mama, and Papa and Kookum always get sad when I mention her (Kookum mainly gets angry). I just realized you probably don't know who/what Kookum is, Kookum is another name for Grandmother. Anyway I saw my Papa burn a letter last time he visited (March. 6th which is my birthday!) but I read some of the parts that weren't burnt. It said it was from someone named Aiyanna, maybe you can make sense of it all? Who do you think she is? My father seemed angry when he read it, what do you think?

How would you describe the
problems you mentioned? Something that results in a negative out come? Or a something that prevents something from being solved? Maybe even a math equation? Just joking. Mrs. Green (my math teacher) would have gotten a real kick out of that, she loves saying cheesy stuff like that. Anyway by problems I don't believe I have any out of the ordinary. I mean some say I am a pushover when it comes to most things, but I doubt that is worth another letter.

But anyway that is the end of your questions right? I hope I didn't miss anything, if I did feel free to write back.

Wishing you the best,
Miigwan Abenaki

2b94c18d827a304005f78e5f0bace7ef.jpg

SHANG MI KHAN
|LONER/HACKER|

Dear Dr. Bates,

As per requested:

Full name: Shang Mi Khan (I just go by Khan, easier for people to say)
Photo: Check the back.
Description: I accidentally smeared what I wrote on the back of the photograph, thought the ink was dried. Adding the description here-- I'm tall for my family, 5'8". Mom and dad were tall for their family too, 5'9" and 5'10" respectfully. I have black hair but bleached it. Regret that. Kinda. Maybe. Who knows. Don't get outdoors a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm pale. Just not tan. Uh. What else... I'll pop in to see you and you can get the whole idea, yeah? Oh right, brown eyes.

Interesting painting choice, by the way. It... puts a pit in my stomach. This painting is fear. Look at her on the ground, that helplessness despite no-one being around her, that tells you everything. Something's going on in that house. Something she ran away from. Probably turned around while running, tripped, ended up in her sorry state... That longing in her posture... I wonder... It's almost like she wants to stop it, that horrible thing that's happening in that house.

It's funny you ask about the barn. If you hadn't pointed it out, it'd all have looked like one big house to me. Shows what I know, urban girl through and through. There you have it, the painting is fear, the girl is helplessness, and the house/barn is horror.

Ryder High is fine enough. I don't have a lotta friends, same as my old school, but I treated my old school like a stop before college. My bad. I'm trying to make friends. Doesn't come easy to me, weird cuz mom and dad are social butterflies. But hey, I know you're a counselor and all so don't freak out-- I have plenty of friends online if the whole 'make friends at highschool' thing doesn't pan out. And hey, on the bright side, I'm so off the radar I don't have enemies either.

Not much else to share. I mean, home... I miss it. It's far. But we moved here and I'm adjusting and all that.

I think that's it so, here goes, sending this.

Have a good one,
Shang Mi Khan

Last edited:
bonnie-wright.jpg

Dear Mr. Bates;

As requested, I have attached a recent photograph of myself. I hope it works for you. If the photo isn't enough, I am roughly 5'7 and I weigh about one hundred and twelve pounds. Aged at 17. I have naturally brown hair, and only recently dyed it the red you see in the photo. My eyes are a green.
About the painting, I don't really find anything wrong about it. I don't find anything scary in it. I find it quiet beautiful to be honest. The barn would have the family's wagon and horses inside, and the house would have her parents.
Ryder High is like any other high school I suppose. But out of the two I've been to, Ryder would definitely come out on top. But I wouldn't say I have friends, as I usually just hide out in the library whenever I can. No enemies to speak of, unless you count the typical bullies, but I wouldn't.
Home life is a little touchy right now. I recently came out to my parents, and it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. But it wasn't World War 3. Home life should mellow back out here soon. I mean, my parents aren't perfect, but who is?
If I missed anything you'd like to know, please contact me so we can get on the same level.

Sincerely,
Serena Campbell

Last edited:
((Main))
Name: Al Sullivan

//I couldn't find a good picture of a face like I was imagining it, so the first picture is what his hair/eyes look like, and the second is how his actual face looks.
Straight-Hair-for-Teenage-Guys.jpg

L256962a.jpg

Hello, Doctor Bates! You asked for a description of my picture, so here you are:
I have short, dark brown hair with matching, albeit slightly darker brown eyes. I always try to have my bangs like that--straight down to one side, I mean, but it tends to move around a bit. I decided one day (I don't really remember why, it's been a while) that it would be fun to sort of try and 'brand' myself, so I bought a bunch of different coloured sweater vests and button-ups, along with multiple pairs of khakis, and wearing different combinations of those--in other words, same outfit, different colour schemes. Of course, I change between wearing long-sleeved or short-sleeved button-ups, and shorts or pants depending on the weather.
Oh, I'm also a little short for my age, being 161 centimeters (5 feet, four inches if you don't use metric), and weigh around 51.2 kilograms (again, 112.8 pounds if you don't use metric). I'm a little pale, although luckily I don't burn very easily. Oh, also, I’m left-handed~

The picture makes me feel a little uneasy if I'm going to be honest. The woman's gestures make it look like she's just woken up in the middle of the field, possibly due to some sort of loud, unexpected noise coming from the house, seeing as there are birds flying away from it and towards the barn. It also looks like the woman might not know what she's doing in the middle of the field or where she is, like she was kidnapped or something. Although maybe she’s just escaped the barn from her kidnapper, and she ducked down to try and hide in the grass so her captor didn't see her. I'm probably just overthinking it, though!

My only friend is my twin sister Jill (whose a few seconds older than me), and I don't have any enemies (at least, I hope not...). I'm usually just too shy to go up and talk to anyone, so I usually sit alone with my sister and don't talk to anyone else...not that I wouldn't like to!

My life at home is pretty nice! I spend most of my time doing stuff with Jill. Our little sister, Rue, is really sweet, and I like being a sort of role model to her. I have an older sister, Adeline, as well, but she's 21, and has already moved away, so I only see her every now and then. She's still nice, though. My mom is nice, too! She makes really delicious food, and works at a deli. Oh, and then there's my dad...I haven't seen him for a while since he went out for a business trip, but he should be back soon…
(erased)I do, umm, have one problem…
You see, I’m, uh...in the closet…
if you know what I mean by that…
And I haven't told anyone yet...and I'm not sure how to…(erased) I don't have any problems!

((Secondary))
Name: Jill Sullivan

0cfe99eab58b3ed3514f1113d0c63e02--fine-hair-pigtails.jpg

Hello Dr. Bates! I'm not really sure why you need the description of the picture I included, but you asked for it so here you go: I have long orangey red hair that I usually like to have up in pigtails, along with blue-green eyes. My skin is pale, and I burn easily (ugh). I'm 163cm tall (or 5'4"), and weigh about 53.4kg (or 117.73lb).

The picture is kind of weird. The girl looks really pretty, wearing a nice pink dress. She looks like she's just woken up or something, though, and may even be a little confused about some sort of noise that may of caught her attention. The barn and house seem to be pretty old and ugly, maybe even abandoned at one point. It looks like there's some lights on, though, so maybe she lives there, or a relative lives there and she's visiting or something.

I don't really have any friends (Unless you count my brother), and I don't really have any enemies, (at least not that I know of...well there was that b**ch Veronica, but she moved a while ago.) Mainly because I don't really care for friends, and most people my age annoy me anyway.

Uggghh, don't even get me started on my home life! My little sister is really annoying, and always wants to do things with me and Al, and nerve leaves us alone. She's even started copying my hair, ever since her hair got long enough to be able to be worn in pigtails. My mom's always out working at the deli all day, and only comes home to make dinner for us before going straight to bed. I mean, I know she's the only one making money, but she could spend some time with her children, right!? My older sister Adeline said she was going to move back in with us so she could help my mom out, so I guess we'll see how that goes.
Oh, and my dad went missing sometime last year, so there’s that. (I’m pretty sure Al is in denial about that, too, which is really annoying!). I do have a pet rabbit, though, Snowball, and he's really cute and fluffy!! There aren't really any other problems, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back