• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood Hunted [Closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Scheduling flights was a hassle for humans. For vampires, it was even moreso. They had to make sure to avoid catching the sun on the way over. Which had meant leaving England near dawn, to fly to the states for the Clemence siblings, Vera and Valerian.

The younger vampire, despite traveling more frequently, was the one most exhausted by it, and it showed in the way he leaned against Vera. The woman was stoically gazing out the window as their plane came into the airport and rolled up to their gate. She let out an unnecessary breath. “We’re here,” she murmured.

As it was said, the pilot announced just that, "Welcome to the Crescent City, New Orleans," and he went on to indicate the weather outside and time.

Though sleep was about as necessary as breathing for their kind, it was still something that some partook in—especially the younger. Valerian roused himself at the sound of her voice, brushing dark hair out of his silver eyes and then looking around as the lights began to flicker on around them. He moved off of her and stretched out, “Finally,” he said, knuckles cracking, neck cracking, as he moved and oriented himself.

Vera didn’t so much as budge until the doors opened, and then she didn’t care much about subtlety. She grasped her carry-ons immediately and was out the door in seconds. If people had been more awake, they might have wondered at a woman in heels moving so quickly.

3 am was far from dawn, but not far enough for Vera, when she hadn’t been here before, and didn’t know how far the hotel was. The woman in the black sheathe gown might appear like any other passenger eager to catch another flight, but that was not the case. At least she blended in with that rabble, save for her formal attire.

Valerian wasn’t long behind her, though, dressed as a business man in his black suit. He carried his own luggage lackadaisically over his shoulder. “Come on, baggage claim is this way,” he said once he was out of that hallway and reunited with the blonde woman. Despite the fact she was older than him, she looked much younger.

Of course, he’d been turned in his 20s. She was a teenager. “Mind carrying my bag so I can dig out my phone? I’m going to call our ride and let them know we’re here.” He’d gotten a number before catching the flight of his contact.

Vera nodded, and she accepted the bag, to the surprise of one person they passed—no doubt because it was such ‘ungentlemanly’ behavior. Yet, Vera carried his bag and her own two with ease, as they moved to get their other items from the circling baggage claims area.

Valerian brought his phone up to his ear after dialing, waiting for the individual on the other line to pick up. It didn’t take long. “This is Meredith speaking, Sir Clemence. Have you landed?”

“Yes,” he answered, “Myself and my sister. We’ll need a ride that has some space for luggage.”

“Understood sir, I’ll dispatch someone to pick you up immediately from near baggage claim.”

“Thank you.” He didn’t bother to ask if the penthouse or anything else was prepared. He knew it would be. “What will they be?” An odd question, no doubt, but he asked it with enough confidence that no one would really consider it as the siblings paused at the carousels to await their bags.

“Human, I’m afraid. Sorry,” it was added, as Meredith suspected both Vera and Valerian were hungry after such a long flight. “Should I have wine brought?”

“Please.” Valerian was hungry. He had no idea if Vera was. He rarely saw her drink, not that he gave much thought to it. He assumed it was something to do with her age, as he did with most things about her and their illustrious father, Victor.

“Is there anything else I can assist with?”

“No, that will be all. See you soon,” with that, he hung up the call and put his phone back into an interior pocket of his suit jacket, and took his bag lightly back from Vera. “I’m having wine brought,” he added.

She just wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Ah, right,” now he knew why he didn’t ask. “Sorry. There will be untainted drinks at the hotel.” She didn’t tend to take anything intoxicated or mixed. Not even the bloody cakes! Now that, he didn’t understand. Victor drank and ate easily. “Do you need something now?”

“No,” she said with a shake of her head.  

By then, the lights on the screens around the carousels indicated that their plane was finally unloading its bags.

Rhiannon bit her lip as she carefully maneuvered through traffic, nearing the airport, muttering under her breath as she drove. "Please, whatever powers or deity might be out there, don't let me mess this up... All I have to do is get there, find the two visitors Miss Meredith described to me, get them and their luggage to the car, and drive back to the hotel, without looking stupid or scratching the fancy car Miss Meredith insisted I have to drive... Man, why did she have to pick me for this?" She sighed in resignation as she turned into the airport, putting the placard Meredith had handed her in the window and making sure her hotel ID was on right after parking in the pick-up area. Going over the description Meredith had given her one last time and wishing her boss had given her a picture instead, she tucked the note into her pocket and climbed out of the car to head inside. 

Looking around the airport, she nearly panicked at the sheer amount of people, barely managing to force herself to calm down and focus on her job. "I can do this... She said they would be by the baggage claim..." Giving herself a mental shake, she straightened her shoulders and headed towards the baggage claim, scanning the people there until she saw the two Meredith had described to her. She immediately paled a bit, feeling suddenly plain in her dark blue denim skirt and matching jacket in comparison to the beauty of the two she had been sent to pick up. She had to take another moment to steady herself before heading over to them. "Excuse me, Mr. and Ms. Clemence? Miss Meredith sent me to come pick you up."

Dillan padded back and forth across the floor of the abandoned building he had taken shelter in, his tail lashing in frustration, confusion, and anxiety. He still wasn't sure what had happened to him, all he knew was that his body had suddenly not been his own. One moment he had been hanging out with the few friends he had, wandering the mall, and the next moment people were screaming and running, guns were being fired at him, and he was watching his paws knock someone aside before taking off running, even though he wasn't in control of them anymore. Paws, not hands. How was that even possible? Even now he felt like he was barely in control of his own body, struggling each moment against the... thing... that had taken over at the mall.

Last edited by a moderator:
The waiting for the carousel to bring their luggage around was tedious. People thought, mistakenly, that days felt like seconds to a vampire. That was hardly true. Though time blurred together, days still felt like days, and minutes could tick by like hours in boring situations like this.

“There they are,” Valerian breathed a sigh of relief, seeing the red bags he and his sister had, gilded gold, because of course they were. He reached to get those bags, three, and adjusted them properly so he could carry everything that he had. “Now we just….”

He was about to comment on the wait for the ride, but that was when someone spoke up. The pair looked her way, and saw a rather…drab woman waiting.

Vera glanced to Valerian, the question asked with a single raised eyebrow. ‘I thought our hotels had dress codes?’ Even hotels as pathetic as the Marriot had dress codes that made their staff look business-formal.

Yet, here stood someone about as informal and farm-like as you could get, in denim.

Valerian tried to look apologetic. He would have this looked into, but he did not give the brunette before him a cold look. No, it was never good to antagonize a driver. “You have impeccable timing,” he noted. That much was true. “We have our luggage, and we’re prepared to leave now. Please, lead the way to the vehicle.”  

Rhiannon sighed internally in relief that she hadn't messed up so far, smiling politely. "Yes, sir, right this way." She led the way to the car, helping to put their luggage in the car and holding the door for them, hoping she was doing it right. "I apologize for taking so long in getting here, I'm still learning my way around the city. I don't really have much experience with this sort of thing, so if I mess anything up, please let me know..." She blushed, realizing she had started babbling from nervousness. "I'm sorry, I'm probably talking too much...."

Dillan snarled softly as he heard footsteps coming up on his hiding place, making his way towards the back of the building to try and escape. He didn't want anyone to see him and call animal control, or worse, try to shoot him. He was pretty sure he had to be having some sort of nightmare, but still, even getting shot in a nightmare would probably hurt, and who knows what would happen if he died in the dream. What if dying in a dream really did make you die in real life, like some people claimed? He didn't want to find out either way.

Yes, the strange girl was talking too much, but Valerian just waved it off. It was unimportant, considering the rest of her was a mess as it was. ‘Am I sure this is even the right vehicle?’ He did pause a moment to consider if they could be set up for a trap. ‘Does it matter?’

Anyone fool enough to try and trap Vera, he’d heard, always came to regret it. Damsel, she was not. “It’s fine,” he said with a sigh, noticing Vera didn’t seem to care enough, either, as she loaded her baggage into the trunk and then slipped by him to take her seat. It could be that she was just too hungry to care, though. “Just please get us safely to the hotel,” he said, before he slipped into the backseat next to Vera.

He arched an eyebrow, inquiring silently if she was all right. Vera just leaned back against the seat and shut her eyes as answer.

Valerian took that as answer enough. He would wait until the strange girl entered the car, and then ask, "How long have you been here?" If she didn't know her way around, she couldn't be from the area. Why, oh why, did Meredith think to send this one? Was there really no one else? Someone who at least knew the city better?

Rhiannon flushed a bit, starting the car and carefully pulling out of the parking area to start back towards the inn. "I moved to town about a month ago, actually. I do have a good memory, though. I memorized the way here, so I should be able to get back to the hotel no problem." She bit her lip hard to keep from cursing as a truck cut her off, carefully avoiding colliding with it. "What is it with people down here and their inability to signal before merging lanes?" Sighing softly, she continued on her way towards the hotel, keeping a wary eye on the road to avoid any other incidents, hoping she wouldn't end up getting fired for messing up as much as she already had. She had almost made it back to the hotel when a white tiger leapt out of an alleyway and ran across the street, dodging traffic easily before vanishing again on the other side. Rhiannon let out a yelp of surprise, nearly rear-ending the driver in front of her in her shock but managing to avoid it. "D-d-did you see that? Holy crap, was that really a white tiger in New Orleans? How the heck?"

Valerian knew that Vera was blessed with the ability to alter emotions. It didn't work on herself, of course, and he could see the seething anger as first there was a harsh break to avoid a truck, and then another following an odd white tiger.

'Zoo escape?' Valerian wondered.

"Yes," Vera's answer was clipped. "Pull over and get out of the driver's seat."

Valerian looked a bit surprised but did not argue. He saw that Vera had already pulled up her GPS on her phone to get directions to the hotel.

Apparently she was already done with this. Valerian just sighed and stretched, prepared to deal with sitting besides a human who would be banished to the backseat with him.

Rhiannon bit her lip, pulling over to the side of the road and getting out of the car, trying to hide the panic she was feeling. 'I knew it... I'm going to be fired for this... I'm so going to be fired for this... Why did she have to choose me of all people to pick them up?' She sighed softly as she held the door for the woman, waiting for her to take over the driver's seat before moving to the backseat and sitting with her hands folded in her lap. "I... I'm sorry.... I'm still trying to get used to how different things are here...." She shrank in on herself a bit, mentally berating herself for screwing up yet another job.

Dillan hid in the alleyway, watching for his pursuers warily. Seeing they were no longer chasing him, he let out a feline sigh and padded into the shadows, looking for somewhere to hole up for a while to rest. He was tired, sore, and starting to fear that this wasn't a nightmare at all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back