• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood Bound [closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
“It won’t even work!”

Those had been the words James shouted before he stormed off and out into the night. Vera couldn’t help but roll her gray eyes at his outrage, and she returned to what she was doing. The book resting on the bed had all the directions she needed, and James might be right—it hadn’t worked in the past.

Even so, this time seemed different. The spell was specific, rather than vague, meant to summon this demon called Alzleh. It didn’t give much of a description, except to note that he was a young demon. That seemed odd, from what Vera understood, but she didn’t question it. Instead, she’d set things up. There was a glyph in the center of a circle of salt—the salt was to protect her in case the demon didn’t feel friendly.

At each corner of the squared glyph was a lit candle, red. ‘Well, let’s at least try. If it fails, it fails.’ And James would be back. He’d realize, one of these days, that they were already damned.

She brushed her fingers back through her short, red hair, and then took a deep breath. She then spoke the words to invite the demon into the space.

~***~

‘Idiot.’

It kept repeating over and over in the mind of James as he walked out of the too-elaborate hotel that they were staying in, and went to rent a car. He had learned to drive out of necessity, not because he enjoyed it, and he paid in cash as he usually did. He didn’t utilize his real name. ‘Two hours from here is a hunter outpost.’

So, he slid into his newfound white vehicle, and put the keys into the ignition. ‘I can find someone who specializes in demons, and have them get rid of whatever Vera summons.’ He didn’t believe his own words, that the spell wouldn’t work. He had a feeling that it would, and he wanted the demon dead before it could fully corrupt Vera.

Then, he’d figure out how to talk to her, and convince her this wasn’t the right path.

He adjusted the mirror of the car, and then sped off down the road, brown eyes always looking for the signs to guide him to the hunter’s den. It would be dangerous going in, he knew, but he hoped they’d let him. He wasn’t the typical vampire, after all. He tried to live alongside humans without killing—no, he never killed.

Not that they’d know that, but he’d hope. He looked put together in his business suit. He had no weapons on him.

Still, his anxiety grew as the vehicle moved into the parking lot, and he knew he wouldn’t be dealing with just one hunter.

Alzleh was walking along the streets of hell, murmuring softly to himself in an annoyed tone because someone had asked him something stupid again when all of the sudden he was teleported away to some unknown place. His eyes quickly adjusted to the semi-darkness of the new room that he was in before he looked around, only to see the person that probably brought him there.

"Why have you brought me here?" he asked still a little annoyed from earlier but also with curiosity in his voice and a curious expression on his face as well. He wasn't at all annoyed with the, summoner he guessed this person was but he had never been summoned before so he had no idea what to call her, just the annoyed tone was still there from his earlier murmuring.

He had never been somewhere like this before and he was now intent on exploring this new place but he'd have to wait until he could move.

-^-^-^-^

Ashley was in the hunter's den having a drink as well as talking to a few fellow hunters that she sometimes grouped with when she didn't feel like hunting alone. She had shooed other hunters away when they started to annoy her since they had been drunk, they wanted to know if she would go out with them but she rejected them, and then went back to her conversation with her "friends". She heard a car pull up outside but didn't look away from the people she was with since cars pulled into the parking lot all the time and it wasn't anything new. Unless someone were to walk in that none of them ever suspected to do so and the whole den went quiet because of that, then she'd do the same but until then she was focused on the conversation and her drink.

Within the circle appeared a rather fiery man with red hair to match her own. Vera hid her surprise that it worked, but she couldn’t hide the delight that lit in her eyes when she saw the creature there. ‘Rather human looking.’ She wondered if it would remain that way, or if that were natural.

She was always taught that angels had resembled humans, so she suspected it could be true of demons, too. “Hello Alzleh,” she greeted the demon, but did not approach him. He was still, potentially, dangerous. Besides, he sounded angry, even if he looked more curious now. “My name is Vera Cornell. I’ve summoned you here to strike a deal.”

She supposed she might as well just cut right to the point, “I became a vampire a century ago. I need a guide to understand the entirety of this world that I’m now in.” Magic, how vampires came to be, what demons even were, if there was a heaven and hell—Vera was thirsty for knowledge humans were never meant to have.

~***~

James Lawson was able to walk right to the door and open it. It was a moment after he entered, that someone recognized him—the bartender, of course, whom he’d met on a few occasions prior to this one.

The portly man was not at all happy to see him, “The hell do you want here, leech?” He demanded.

James crossed his arms over his chest, stood near the door in case he needed to run. Eyes were starting to turn towards him, “Now, Ed, is that anyway to greet a friend?” James still had all the arrogance of his noble upbringing, “I need help with a demon,” he answered the bartender and looked around at the gathered hunters. “Anyone want a few thousand dollars?”

Alzleh turned his attention to be back on the girl in front of him as he heard her talk to him. He heard her name and why she had summoned him, listening to what she wanted from him.

"Well Vera I could certainly help you out with that but I can only tell you about hell but this world I have no idea about since I've never been here but maybe we can learn more about your world together," he said in reply without the annoyed tone but with more of the curious one that he had in his tone earlier shortly after being summoned.

-^-^-^-^

Ashley turned from her friends when she heard the conversation between the bartender and a newcomer, instantly becoming curious when she heard the question that the newcomer presented to everyone there. She took one more sip of her drink before standing.

"I'm game and I've dealt with demons before," she said loud enough for him to hear her before walking closer to where he was so that he could talk directly to her and not have to raise his voice in order to interact with her.

Vera frowned at Alzeh’s comment. It seemed she had not gotten a demon who would be of great use to her, since he had never before been to Earth. ‘Strange how there is a way to summon you, then.’ Vera did wonder how that happened, when he’d never been here before. She did debate sending him back.

Vera would have done just that, were it not for his curiosity. It shone through so brightly that it couldn’t go ignored. Besides, his knowledge of hell and what went on there was a starting point, she supposed. Better than nothing, and all her other attempts had led to nothing.

So, she rose from the bed and approached the salt line. With her foot, she disturbed and broke the seal that would have kept him in place, wordlessly accepting his presence.

~***~

Before anyone else could volunteer—no doubt the term leech made most hesitate—a woman chose to interject. James let his eyes move over to her. ‘Young.’ He thought immediately.

He straightened his back and looked down at her, curious. He asked, “What experience do you have with demons?” He didn’t want to be sending some hunter to their death. He’d get in trouble with the rest of them, and he would prefer that they stick with the actual threats to this world. He and Vera weren’t killers out to destroy humanity. They could certainly remain under the radar a while longer.

Alzleh watched Vera and wondered if she'd let him out of the salt circle since she seemed to just stand there for awhile. When she did wipe away some of the salt to let him out, he nodded graciously to her before walking out of it and looking around the place that they were in.

"What is this place anyway?" he asked as he briefly glanced over at her before having it go back to looking around the room.

-^-^-^-^-

"I've hunted a few rogue ones that were causing trouble and attacking humans for no apparent reason," Ashley said in reply to the question that the guy asked her.

She figured that it was to see exactly how experienced she really was in hunting demons so that he wouldn't accidentally get her killed. She didn't say anything about that, though and just waited to see his reaction to her response.

“This place in particular is Hyatt hotel,” Vera answered him, “in the city of Portland, Oregon, in the United States of America,” he had informed her that he knew nothing of this world, so she knew it was going to be her duty to get him acquainted with it. He would later get her acquainted with the realities of hell, and everything that could be found there. “Unfortunately we won’t be staying to enjoy it.”

There was a temptation to call James and find out just what he’d gone off to do, but that would be stupid. “Do you…need to eat?” She didn’t know if demons even ate anything, or whether or not the food of this world would suffice.

Details.

~***~

James listened to Ashley’s answer, and then gave a little smile. “That should be good enough.” He was relieved that at least one hunter in this building knew what they were doing. “This one isn’t rogue, but has decided to influence a friend of mine,” he’d leave out the details that his friend had willingly brought the demon into the world, so that she would be spared. “I need it gone.”

He then offered his hand to the woman, and an introduction, “My name is James Lawson, by the by,” and with a shrug, “but you can call me Leech if you prefer.”

Ed snorted.

Alzleh listened to what Vera had said in reply to what he had asked earlier of where they were and nodded before being asked if he needed to eat something.

"I like spicy food," he said in reply and wondered if there were any food places (restaurants) around where they were that had that kind of food. "Are there any food places around here that have that?"

-^-^-^-^-

Ashley nodded when she heard what the guy said before hearing his introduction of what his name was.

"It's nice to meet you James and my name is Ashley or just Ash for short if you'd like to call me that instead," she said in reply and then hid a smile behind a hand that covered her mouth when she heard the bartender, Ed, snort.

"Want to lead the way to where you'd like me to get rid of the demon you spoke of earlier?" she asked after a few more minutes of silence that had fallen between them.

((Lucyfer? you've probably been busy so I just figured I'd "bump" this a bit and hope that you didn't forget about posting in here ^^'. I've been a bit busy too but I'm ready to continue this if you are :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back