[Blight!] Uncompromising Sentinel of Judgement

Ebon_Arbiter

Grand Abolisher
Uncompromising Sentinel of Judgement

Character Sheet

Name: Uncompromising Sentinel of Judgement

Caste: Soulsteel

Anima: A shadowy cloud of smoke, through which intermittent flashes of crackling blue lightning can be seen, revealing momentarily a black gear with serrated edges.

Motivation: Exterminate all that blights Autochthonia and weakens the Great Maker both from within and from without.

Attributes

Physical

Strength ●●●

[F]Dexterity ●●●●●

[C]Stamina ●●●●

Social

Charisma ●●

[C]Manipulation ●●●●●

[F]Appearance ●●

Mental

[C]Perception ●●●●

Intelligence ●●

[F]Wits ●●●

Abilities

Archery

Athletics ●● [Maintain Balance +1]

Awareness ●●●

Dodge ●

Integrity ●●●

Martial Arts ●●●●● [Devastator +3]

Melee

Resistance●●●

Thrown

War

Craft

Larceny

Linguistics

Performance ●

Presence ●●●

Ride

Sail

Socialize

Stealth ●

Survival

Bureaucracy ●

Investigation ●●●

Lore ●

Occult ●

Medicine

Backgrounds

Class ●●● [free]

Artifact ●●● [Grants 9 dots of artifacts]

Charms ●●● [Grants 3 additional charms]

Familiar ●●● [A Mobile Sensory Drone as described in pg. 161, with the Autonomous, Hovering and Communication abilities]

Contacts ● [Among Bastion’s Regulators]

Artifacts and Equipment

Essence Pulse Cannon (as stored in Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix)

Essence Pulse Cannon ( Artifact ●●)

This specialized artifact weapon is custom designed to perfectly integrate with Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix (see The Manual of Exalted Power—The Alchemicals, p. 166), so much so that the device’s delicate motonic circuitry is incapable of independent operation. When deployed for a five mote attunement, the device transforms one of the character’s hands and forearm into a the bulbous barrel of a heavy cannon mechanism. Within the machine, pneumatically-driven clockwork gears turn banks of capacitors in opposing rotation, building up charges of super-heated ball lightning in the colors of the Champion’s anima.

After each shot, the cannon audibly vents jets of steam from the wrist area to prevent overheating. Essence Pulse Cannons use the base statistics below and gain the benefit of the appropriate thrown weapon Magical Material bonuses (though wielded with Archery). Each shot costs one mote for ammunition and can inflict bashing or lethal damage as desired. In the former case, damage never spills over past Incapacitated to become lethal and so cannot do worse than knock the target out. Lethal attacks disintegrate slain or destroyed targets, destroying all non-indestructible objects carried by them. Physical disintegration does not affect the target spiritually (slain spirits to reform normally, etc.). Non-magical armor predominantly constructed of metal conducts the plasma blasts, reducing soak to one third (rounded up) rather than the piercing tag’s usual half.

Essence Pulse Cannon

Speed 6, Accuracy +4, Damage 9L/12B/2, Rate 3, Range 100, Att. 5m Tags F, P, O

Soulsteel material bonus: +2 Accuracy, +2 damage vs living targets [incl. above]

Soulsteel Breastplate [artifact ●]

Soak: 8L/6B Hardness: 3L/3B Mob. Pen. –0 Fat. 0 Att. 2m

Soulsteel Trinket of Dignified Conduct [artifact ●]

+1 Dodge MDV, Att. 2m

+2 dice to social attacks for a scene, with the expenditure of 2 more motes.

Deception Engine [artifact ●]

May freely substitute Charisma with Manipulation for all social attacks.

Light Amplification Visor [artifact ●]

Confers the benefits of the Light Intensification Filters submodule of the Optical Enhancement charm (pg. 158).

Also for a cost of 2m or 1wp, confers for 2 hours the benefit of Thermal Vision submodule of the Optical Enhancement charm (pg. 159).

Victorious General's Galea [artifact ●]

+2 MDV

+1 DV against ranged attacks.

+2 dice to damage dealt by the Exalt or –1 to Valor checks made against the Exalt.

Attunement: 4m

Charms [10 dedicated charm slots, 4 general charm slots, 19 charms, total installation cost 13 m of personal essence].

Augmentations

1. 4th Stamina Augmentation

2. 1st Manipulation Augmentation

3. 4th Perception Augmentation

Other charms

4-5. Exoskeletal Armor Plating [x2]

6. Transitory Invulnerability Engine (Temperance Flaw)

7. Rogue Cell Isolation Protocols [submodule: Instructive Fear Resonator]

8. Transcendent Brutality Programming [submodule: Confessional Scream Extractor]

9. Personality Override Spike

10. Identity Recalibration Signal

11. Integrated Artifact Transmogrifier

12. Optical Enhancement [submodules: Flash Shutters, Ultraperipheral Awareness, Motion Tracking Targeting Glance]

13. Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix [Essence Pulse Cannon - Devastator] [1m]

Martial Arts

14. Perfected Lotus Matrix [2m]

Overwhelming Ruinous Ordnance style [all charms below are installed within the Perfected Lotus Matrix]

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Overwhelming_Ruinous_Ordnance_Style

15. Inertial Velocity Exploitation

16. Barricade Purgation Procedure

17. Paramount Efficiency Enhancement

18. Essence Modulation Amplifier

19. Overwhelming Ruinous Ordnance Form

Arrays

A.

1. 4th Stamina Augmentation [1m]
  2. Exoskeletal Armor Plating [x2] [2m]
  3. Transitory Invulnerability Engine [Temperance Flaw] [1m]

Total installation cost: 3m (commited from personal essence pool)

B.

1. 1st Manipulation Augmentation [1m]
  2. Rogue Cell Isolation Protocols [1m]
  3. Transcendent Brutality Programming [1m]
  4. Personality Override Spike [1m]
  5. Identity Recalibration Signal [1m]

Total installation cost: 4m (commited from personal essence pool)

C.

1. 4th Perception Augmentation [1m]
  2. Optical Enhancement [2m]
  3. Integrated Artifact Transmogrifier [1m]

Total installation cost: 3m (commited from personal essence pool)

Join Combat: 6

Defenses:

Dodge DV 5 (6 vs ranged)

Parry DV 10 (with Overwhelming Ruinous Ordnance form active), (11 vs ranged)

Soak: 16L/18B/6A Hardness: 7L/9B

Health:

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

-X [ ]

Social Defenses:

Dodge MDV 11

Parry MDV 6

Virtues

Compassion ●●

Conviction ●●

Temperance ●●

Valor ●●●●●

Clarity: 1/10

Intimacies

Autochthon [faith]

Bastion [protective care]

Arms and Armor Triumphant (famous soulsteel chosen who is now the patropolis “Arat”) [respect and aspiration to reach his status]

His assembly [loyalty and protective care]

His mission as a Chosen of the Soulsteel caste [dedication]

Vigilance (as a concept) [aspiration to maintain always]

Apostates [fiery opposition]

Willpower: 10/10

Essence:

Permanent: ●●●

Personal: 6/19 (13 Committed)

Peripheral: 47/55 (8 Committed)

Bonus Points: 18/18

Martial Arts 3 to 5 (4)

Willpower 5 to 10 (5)

Six Charms (6)

Valor 3 to 5 (2)

2 submodules (1)

XP [50/50]

Essence 2 to 3 (18)

6 Dedicated charm slots (24)

Investigation 1 to 3 (6)

Athletics 1 to 2 (2)

Appearance

Without Armor (or with I.A.T on)

residentevil5conceptartl.jpg

Fully armoured

soulsteelcolorsbylogicc.png

Propaganda Poster

His drone familiar.

The equivalent of a Mobile Sensory Drone as described in pg. 161 (to free up a charm slot) with increased Intelligence to 3 (as per the background's description for smaller, more intelligent familiars) and three of the listed submodules as its unique abilities (for example Autonomous, Communication and Hovering).

spyeyey.jpg

Background elements.

Somewhere in a dark and badly maintained warehouse, in the slums of Bastion.

"Why the heck do we have to meet in such places?"

"Yes, why the need for such secrecy? Why meet under these circumstances and not as properly dictated by the rules and regulations".

"Because this situation is special. Things are not what they seem, corruption runs deeper than I initially thought or even suspected".

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that there is more to that Glot trade manipulation than what our leading figures make us believe. There is foul play and corruption that runs to the higher echelons of our established order".

"Are you serious? Do you even have any credible proof of those allegations? Being a regulator doesn't mean that you can spit out such accusations. There are certain lines that even we cannot cross".

"Do you think I'd ever take the risk of summoning you here, on this time of night, unless I was certain?"

"Judging by your usual strange behaviour I'm inclined to take most things you say with a grain of salt".

"He's right. You always take things far too seriously. You should take some rest and see things with a clear head".

"Right...take some time, clear your head, maybe pursue a couple of stress relieving activities..."

"You really are blind, aren't you? Or just too bloody scared and afraid to pursue justice until the bitter end. We are not supposed to stop our inquiries when they begin to touch on powerful individuals. It is our duty to pursue Justice. And letting that pass, as if it didn't happen isn't justice".

"I think you have overworked yourself too much. You need to calm down and focus on your proper work".

"No, I think it was a mistake to have called you here at all. I was hoping you would share my burning desire for uncompromising justice, but all I hear from you is how I should calm down and drop this investigation because it bothers individuals who matter. That's all gentlemen. Have a nice night. And don't bother following. Where I go, there is no turning back".

In a subterranean battlefield near the borders of Claslat.

"Commander, new orders from the General, sir".

"Thank you soldier. Carry on, son".

"To the esteemed commander of the Claslati 2nd infantry regiment.

You are ordered to abandon your current position and disengage immediatelly. Seek escape routes and redeploy in point 2-D, as indicated by the tactical battlefield map. The subterranean settlements between your current point and the point of redeployment are to be left to their own devices. The planning of the Militat High Command's Tactical Department deems this sacrifice necessary to preserve the greater good and secure a position of vital importance. Order is to be carried out immediatelly".

"Soldier"

"Sir, you called?"

"I did son. Summon the officers of the battalion, to attend me now. And make haste. It's urgent".

"Sir, officers of the 2nd infantry battalion reporting for duty sir".

"Thank you gentlemen. The reason of the urgent summons is that I have an important announcement to make. We just received new orders from the Militat High Command. We are to disengage immediatelly from our current position and redeploy 3 clicks to the west. Order is to be carried out now and without further questions".

"But sir. Forgive me, but, if we abandon our posts the settlements will be overrun".

"The Militat's Tactical Department deems this as the proper course of action, officer. You will gather your men and move to redeploy with all haste. When you reach your destination, send a message to confirm execution of those orders and send word of my demise as well".

"Your...demise...? What do you mean, sir".

"There has not come yet the day, officer, that I will allow innocents to be butchered while I still draw breath. But that doesn't mean that I will drag any of you together on the road of disobedience to superior orders. I will stay here, alongside my personal guard and keep the passage, to allow you to redeploy safely and protect the settlements. And I will pay the price of disobedience to the Militat's wishes with my blood".

Sentinel understands (or at least tries his best to do so) his place in the grand design of the Great Maker. He is not the shining beacon of excellence that his brothers of the Orichalcum caste are. He is not the mercurial and elusive figure of death that the Razors of Autochthon are. Not for him the popularity with the toiling masses of the Populat, as the Jade caste, or the meticulous and superior in conception and complexity planning of the Starmetal caste. He was created to be a bulwark against the darkness of the Void. That which lurks in the Reaches and that which lurks in the hearts of common folk, inside Bastion itself. Unwielding in his duty, unflinching in his vigilance, immovable and stalwart. A solution of last resort. The results will not be pretty, but there will be results, that is certain. Others may flinch from certain assignments, yet when things turn ugly, Sentinel will be there. In the thick of it. No excuses, no contigency plans, no falling back, no subtlety.

"Ruthlessness and discretion". Words to live by, for the Blessed of Ku. Not recognition, no accolades, no public acceptance. Just the knowledge that Bastion survives another day, that the Void is denied a foothold in this part of Autochthonia. Just this, is enough. Service to the people and the State is a reward unto itself, as it should be.

Parts of Sentinel's agenda on keeping Bastion safe.

- Keep an eye on the legality of Glot trade and its potential destabilizing effects on Bastion's social order

- Exterminate any Voidbringer or other Heretic cults as well as other potential threatening for the safety and integrity of Bastion, groups or individuals.

- Stamp out heresy and dissidence wherever and whenever possible.

- Protect Bastion's citizenry even from themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back