[Blasphemy Imagined Anew] The Song that Sings Herself

Raparth

Oracle of Dimensional Science

• Original Devil Tiger Incarnation: Jester Viridian With Sanguine Smile

Devil Tiger Sobriquet: The Song that Sings Herself

Possible titles: The Tone of Crimson, The Resonant Liberation,

Themes: joy, freedom, passion, movement, liberation, independence, interaction, Performance,

Last edited by a moderator:
She's definitely strongly associated, as Adorjan was her patron. That said, I'm trying to go more with a sound and interaction rather than just the wind/silence/isolation of Adorjan.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with the 5th Caste Ability. Martial Arts isn't something the Jester Viridian specialized in, but the lack of reliance on an outside force (i.e. weapon) has been pulling at me. Plus, a sort of crazed-laughter flavored version of Infernal Monster Style does stick in the brain... That and we already seem to have quite a lot of Melee-focused DTs. I'd considered Linguistics (language barriers being unconscionable), but felt like I should grab a skill from Jester's Caste (Slayer).

I'm not quite sure on the Anima Power yet. I'm playing around with two main possibilities at the moment:

1. The anima reduces penalties (Internal or External) on rolls for the scene up to ... maybe Essence/2? I'm worried that just flat Essence might be a bit overpowered. This goes with the theme of "You can't stop me from doing X."

2. Some sort of stripped down version of the Eclipse power... Maybe just the cross-splat learning all by itself? Maybe making it more expensive. The impulse here is her thinking "I learn whatever sorts of Charms I want."

The Messenger/Unwoven Coadjutor will probably be a Neomah, unless I stumble across a more interesting idea.

But, the question is, is it really a bigger trap than all the mental and social attacks that Integrity protects against? Chains on the mind are still chains.

She might always be moving, but she doesn't feel like... an eternally evolving sort of being, nor one that continually transforms to try out different skins. The Song is always the Song.

That makes sense. She's not the Song that Writes Itself. If you wanted to fit Linguistics in, then, I'd look at shuffling out one of the three physical skills. But it's hard to make an argument for dropping any of them.

Hm. A thought occurred to me, when thinking about how music has counterpoints... I would greatly appreciate any opinions as to the under- or (I worry) over-powered nature of this anima power. Honestly, I have no non-Infernal Charms in mind for this character at the moment, but the concept fits so well I thought I should try it out and see how it fairs.

Anima power part 1 (stripped down Eclipse) : Provided the Mellisonant has a tutor, they may learn the Charms of other types of Exalts, spirits, or the Fair Folk. These Charms cost double the normal experience to learn. In addition, these Charms costs an additional 2 motes to use. Mellisonant Caste characters may not start the game knowing non-Infernal Charms without ST permission.

Anima power part 2 (the counterpoint) : For the Song to be heard, something other must resonate with Her. When the Chosen is learning a non-native Charm, a Mellisonant's tutor has the opportunity to learn a Charm in return. The Infernal chooses which Charm is offered, which can be accepted or denied by the tutor. The tutor must pay the same increased XP cost to learn and to utilize any Charms he would not normally be eligible for.

StrtsayStrtsakic

Wow. That's what happens when I try to type fast on my phone, on this site. Absolutely too much scripting for anything smaller than a tablet.

Anya.

Strictly speaking, Eclipses and their cousins have the strongest, cheapest charms already, so versatility is a trade-off with power. Giving Solar-tier charms to a lesser being is inherently counter to the expectations of the system.

In practice, that artificial handicap is the worst part of a multi-splat game and should have died in Errata. And the doubled xp cost (from an already elevated starting point) should easily balance this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back