[Blasphemy Imagined Anew] Keiros, Heir of Zeleros

shepsquared

Hopeful Fool
Name: Keiros Suneye

Caste: Wanderer

Motivation: To discover exactly who (and what) Zeleros is

Urge: Malfean (To Destroy)

Coadjutor: Meras the Anuhle

Anima: A red corona of light surrounds him, with grey webs of light appearing on objects.

Keiros has lived in Gem his entire life and has only left it once. That one time was six months ago, when his only relative, his Uncle Olon, a caravan guard took him on one of the caravans.

Three days into the trip the caravan was attacked by bandits, killing all but Keiros who fled at his uncle's urging and a Guild Factor.

Feeling guilty for abandoning his uncle to die, Keiros wandered the desert, accepting his impending death after two days of now food and water.

When the sun began to set he collapsed to the ground, intending to wait there for death. Instead he met Meras, that dog sized demonic spider, who offered him a deal.

Discover what happened to the Mighty Zeleros six weeks before and he would receive power beyond his wildest dream. With no other options Keiros accepted, emerging from his chrysalis three days later and making his way back to Gem.

There he set out his goals, first vanquishing the bandits that had killed his Uncle, then going out of his way to earn renown in the city, primarily through the fighting rings but also by helping those who had power and required discrete assistance.

He has since discovered that the attack on the caravan was set up by the same Factor who had also survived it, earning the enmity of Staid Mantis after calling him out in public. Staid's reputation was damaged but he suffered no punishment due to Keiros' lack of evidence.

Keiros stands 7ft tall with orange eyes and black hair. His skin is heavily tanned and he usually wears a dark red cloak over a grey buff jacket. He openly carries his grimcleaver on his back and a knife on his belt. He wears sturdy boots and hides a knife in one.

Character Sheet:

• Str: 5 Dex: 4 Sta: 4

Wits: 4 Int: 2 Per: 3

App: 4 Cha: 2 Man: 1

Abilities:

Athletics: 3 (Leaping 1)

Integrity: 3

Melee: 4 (Axes 3)

Presence: 3

Resistance: 3

Awareness: 3

Dodge: 2

Investigation: 2

Stealth: 2

Survival: 2

Linguistics: 1

Lore: 1

Zeleros, Constellation of Iron, Outcast Emperor, Wanderer of the Cosmos

“I walk where I wish, seeking the truth and vanquishing those that seek to cage me.”

Associations: The starry sky, iron, red, grey

Purview: Travel, Discovery, Independence, Space/Stars, Determination, Iron

First Zeleros Excellency, Essence Overwhelming:

The Constellation of Iron is mighty and absolute. It is resolute when faced with opposition, never breaking and weathering the crushing blows of its opponents. It was forged in the flames of a thousand stars and endures the torment of an earthly existence.

The Walker of the Cosmos is a creature of the night, scorning the sun whenever possible and hiding himself in the night. He journeys around and through the stars, seeking the secrets of others and securing his own.

The Outcaste Emperor is arrogant and majestic, ignoring those that seek to obey him and ruling only those who can walk beside him. He is indifferent to politics and those who demand his assistance, instead favouring those who accomplish their goals without help and rewards such actions at random.

Zeleros' fate is engraved and hidden in the stars, thwarting those who seek to conquer and control him and ensuring his prized autonomy continues. As he wanders the stars themselves whisper their truth to him, causing even gods to be wary of his knowledge. His passage throughout the cosmos cannot be prevented, though it can be slowed. His mere presence corrodes lesser metals, causing bars to break, windows to shatter, walls to collapse and doors to splinter.

With Skin of Steel

Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 2, Type: Reflexive (Step 7)

Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious

Duration: Instant

Pre-Requisite Charms: None

The weapons of mortals cannot harm the Constellation of Iron.

This charm grants the Wanderer a hardness of 8 against any one attack. It can only be invoked before damage is rolled.

And Blades of Iron

Cost: 3m Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Keywords: Combo-OK

Duration: Instant

Pre-Requisite Charms: With Skin of Steel

Mortals fall before Zeleros’ axe.

This charm allows the Warlock to enhance a Melee attack, doubling the amount of post soak damage the attack does.

Unstoppable Travel Method

Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Duration: Scene Long

The Walker of the Cosmos cares not for terrain

This charm allows the Wanderer to treat all terrain equally, walking on nails, water and leaves as easy as he walks on the ground. He cannot walk defy gravity, just treat all surfaces the same.

Defiance of Gravity Technique

Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Pre-Requisite Charms: Unstoppable Travel Method

Gravity is meaningless when you walk among the stars.

This charm allows the Wanderer to completely ignore gravity as he walks, moving on walls and ceilings as easily as the ground.

Seven Leagues in a Single Step Mantra

Cost: 7m, 1wp Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Keywords: Obvious

Duration: Indefinite

Pre-Requisite Charms: Defiance of Gravity Technique, The Emperor’s Will

As the Walker crosses the skies, his light precedes him and clears the way.

This charm increases the movement of the Warlock by a factor of seven. It causes his anima to remain at the 8-10 mote level for the duration of the charm, and to leave an obvious trail of light behind him as he travels, making tracking attempts automatically succeed. This trail of light fades after 7 hours.

Hidden from the Stars

Cost: 1m Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Keywords: ??

Duration: Indefinite

The movements of the Emperor cannot be divined from the stars that serve him.

This charm obscures the Warlock from all astrological attempts to determine information abut him. The divining character rolls (Essence) dice against a difficulty of the (Warlock’s Essence). If they fail they instead receive information decided by the Warlock. If they succeed they receive the information but know it to be wrong. This information is determined when the charm is activated and can be changed by nine minutes of meditation beneath the starry sky.

Shattered Chains Cannot Hold

Cost: 1m or 3m, 1wp Mins: Essence 2, Type: Reflexive

Keywords: Obvious, Combo-Ok

Duration: 1 tick or one scene

Merely being held in bondage cannot stop the Outcast Emperor.

This charm allows the Warlock to act normally despite being clinched or otherwise restrained. Pay 1m to defend normally for a tick despite being clinched (by a character or object), or 3m 1wp to act normally for a scene. It does not free him, only allowing him to ignore them unless he is taking damage or being thrown.

The Emperor’s Will

Cost: 4m 1wp, Mins: Essence 2, Type: Simple

Pre-Requisite Charms: Shattered Chains Cannot Hold

All lesser things crumble before the Outcast Emperor

This charm empowers the Wanderer’s anima, automatically flaring it to the iconic level and causing it to deal lethal damage to objects every tick. At Essence 4 this charm automatically upgrades, doubling the damage that is done and the distance that the damage is done in.

Wanderer Caste:

Mark: A constellation of a crown upon an axe head

Power: The Wanderer’s power is destructive to his surroundings, particularly to obstacles. The light of his anima corrodes things around him, allowing him to expend 3 motes to deal 1 dice of lethal damage to all objects within [Essence] feet every nine ticks (6-7 times a minute). This effect activates automatically once the Wanderer spends 11+ motes of peripheral essence and doesn’t affect the personal belongings of any being with equal or greater essence.

Favoured Abilities: Athletics, Integrity, Melee, Presence, Resistance

Imperfection: Doesn't work when not working towards a specific goal?

Charm Ideas:

Turning body to iron->Absorption of iron into self

Hardness

Destroying objects with a touch

Discovering information by ‘listening’ to the stars

Immune to exhaustion, no need to eat/sleep

Compelling others to leave/back down

Melee attacks have knock back

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are struggling to define your legend, I or any of the other STs are happy to help. I would be tempted to look at the following statements and break them down into what they mean:

"Purview: Travel, Discovery, Independence, Space/Stars, Determination
Legend: I am Zeleros, Constellation of Iron, Outcast Emperor and Walker of the Cosmos. I Rule my Fate, Seek the Truth and Vanquish those that Cage Me."
For example (and only an example, not telling you hwo to play your character):

Constellation of Iron - Staunch, resolute, bane of Creativity and Chaos, forged in flames, weathering the shaping blows of the balcksmiths' hammer.

Outcaste Emperor - Immiscible to Politics, ruler of all wildernesses he travels in, Animals know he is the Master and do not bar his way, the land opens before him

Walker of the Cosmos - Travels by night, stars bow their heads as he passes, secrets always easier to see in the darkness that supposedly hides them

I rule my fate - Those that seek to reshape the Wanderer in Darkness find their efforts thwarted as his destiny is woven in the Stars themselves...

Seek the Truth - Lies cannot hide from him, Secrets whisper their thoughts to him, the Gods of Secrets feel his presence and follow in his wake, afraid that he might remove their reason for being.

Vanquish those that Cage Me - None can halt the passage of the Zeleros, though they may stall him. Those who seek to make that which flows into that which stands still will fail, bars will break and doors will open.

This is by no means exhaustive, but I thought maybe it might help? Feel free to ignore it completely.

Misanthrope said:
If you are struggling to define your legend, I or any of the other STs are happy to help. I would be tempted to look at the following statements and break them down into what they mean:
For example (and only an example, not telling you how to play your character:(

Useful things

This is by no means exhaustive, but I thought maybe it might help? Feel free to ignore it completely.
That helps a lot actually. The main problem is that I wanted the whole Outcast emperor thing in the legend, but I couldn't quite connect it to the others

Actually - most people seem to focusing on WHAT THEY CAN DO where as you focus more on WHAT YOU ARE CALLED. Both methods are equally valid. I may steal this method when I find time to make myself a Devil Tiger. =) Thank you.

Since the original Zeleros never managed to spawn third circle souls (or many other things that a Devil-Tiger would do), I imagine that the names would have naturally evolved into third circle souls.

Finished my first charm. I need help on the end of my excellency and other charms if anyone is interested. Also finished with everything else but backstory and appearance atm

Essence 1, 1m, Indefinite, cause all Astrological attempts to divine about you to return a result you choose. At E2, can target others by touch. Essence+Integrity roll-off if they are unwilling.

Or...

Merely being held in bondage cannot stop the Wanderer in Darkness. Pay 1m to defend normally for a tick despite being clinched (by a character or object), or 3m 1wp to act normally for a scene. This doesn't actually help you get out of clinches, only allows you to ignore them unless you're taking damage or being thrown. (You might want a charm that prevents knockback and throws.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could make a charm that allows you to command the animals of the wilderness, making something of a army out of them; maybe make a charm that allows you to walk on any surface - including liquids, up walls, eventually making it so you can step on the strands of fate and walk through the air as if it were solid too (which would be around E4).

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Essence 1, 1m, Indefinite, cause all Astrological attempts to divine about you to return a result you choose. At E2, can target others by touch. Essence+Integrity roll-off if they are unwilling.
Or...

Merely being held in bondage cannot stop the Wanderer in Darkness. Pay 1m to defend normally for a tick despite being clinched (by a character or object), or 3m 1wp to act normally for a scene. This doesn't actually help you get out of clinches, only allows you to ignore them unless you're taking damage or being thrown. (You might want a charm that prevents knockback and throws.)

[/QUOTE]
Good ideas, though I think the anti astrology charm should probably require essence 2 and the upgrade at essence three.

Misanthrope said:
You could make a charm that allows you to command the animals of the wilderness, making something of a army out of them; maybe make a charm that allows you to walk on any surface - including liquids, up walls, eventually making it so you can step on the strands of fate and walk through the air as if it were solid too (which would be around E4).
Not sure where you keep getting the animal stuff from, I never intended for that to be a thing.

The movement is something I'm working on; I'm thinking this: walk on anything that is (mostly) horizontal, walking on things and ignoring gravity, speeding myself up by walking on my anima (also causing more damage to everything around me, will require another charm from the object breaking tree) and then extending my anima so that instead of just speeding myself up, I can walk on it anywhere I want to got (then maybe a 3 day journey to anywhere that I wish thing)

We took a peek at your charms and sheet - there are some imbalances. On the whole, though, as a group, we liked them.

With Skin of Steel

We compared this charm with 'Durability of Oak Meditation' and 'Scar-Writ Saga Shield'. As a general rule, persistent effects (scene-longs) should not be more powerful than Instant Reflexives. In this case, adding 8 soak for a whole scene for the same cost as Durability of Oak Meditation was a little unbalanced. This is more in the league of Essence 3-4 charms, and even then, for a significantly greater cost (see Viridian Armour Exoskeleton, p110 Infernals for an example of this). Making this charm into a mirror of Durability of Oak, or similar would be best, we believe, or else increasing the cost to 4m, 1wp, and making it a Reflexive (step 7) instant charm.

And Blades of Iron

The type of charm needs changing from Simple to Supplemental so that it can be used in combos and such, when you become more powerful. Does the effect double the post soak damage, or the pre-soak dice of damage? We'd prefer it to double post-soak damage, but I wanted to ask you your intent.

Misanthrope said:
We took a peek at your charms and sheet - there are some imbalances. On the whole, though, as a group, we liked them.
With Skin of Steel

We compared this charm with 'Durability of Oak Meditation' and 'Scar-Writ Saga Shield'. As a general rule, persistent effects (scene-longs) should not be more powerful than Instant Reflexives. In this case, adding 8 soak for a whole scene for the same cost as Durability of Oak Meditation was a little unbalanced. This is more in the league of Essence 3-4 charms, and even then, for a significantly greater cost (see Viridian Armour Exoskeleton, p110 Infernals for an example of this). Making this charm into a mirror of Durability of Oak, or similar would be best, we believe, or else increasing the cost to 4m, 1wp, and making it a Reflexive (step 7) instant charm.

And Blades of Iron

The type of charm needs changing from Simple to Supplemental so that it can be used in combos and such, when you become more powerful. Does the effect double the post soak damage, or the pre-soak dice of damage? We'd prefer it to double post-soak damage, but I wanted to ask you your intent.
Noted and I edited Skin of Steel. Blades of Iron is intended to damage post soak damage, yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back