• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Blüdhaven

Almost instinctively, Evaline found herself glaring harshly in the drunkards direction; of course he didn't appear to care, it wasn't meant to intimidate - but to show Jess she had an ally - Truth be told, she thought Nightwing was better for the city than the "Shadows". Too bad Nightwing wasn't better for her. The former anger Jess suppressed seemed to resurface once more, the loud crack of her fists reveberated across the small walls of the bar. Evaline's gaze scanned Jess with concern: but the  rage subsidied as soon as it appeared.

Unfortunately, she had no words to comfort her new ally. Which was  a very rare thing, Evaline was good with words. Though admittedly, they weren't often used for someone else's benefit.  Luckily, the conversation wasn't doomed to awkward silence. Jess had the foresight to continue, and Evaline smirked pridefully in response, a smirk she quickly shifted into a smile.

"The Red Hood... Jokerz... all the gang violence that seems never ending? I just had to get away, for my own safety, you see." The best lies were half-truths. Evaline had moved in-part to escape the Jokerz. Then again, it was much too dangerous for a girl like Evaline Dennis; just not the Cat. "Gotham certainly keeps ones' senses sharp, but... doesn't everywhere, these days?"

@sitanomoto

Question thought it was damn near comical how the girl switched from on guard to nonchalant hostess. "Does she keep any whiskey?",he asked as he entered the kitchen crouching by the trash bin.

As disgusting as it is, there is a hell of a lot to learn by what people buy and throw away. If he found empty bottles and comfort foods, that would imply Grayson had fallen into a depressed state and wouldn't be much help. If the trash was badly rotten, Question could tell one of two things; either Jess and Beck were so discouraged it was a struggle to even take out the trash, or both felt it was an unnecessary chore until the whole apartment stank.

Question removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeves before shoveling through the waste bin, ignoring the textures and smells aside from what he needed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scyleia Lancaster

The Amazon followed in the Question's wake, tilting her head to the left and to the right as she surveyed the apartment.  Her gaze lingered on any features more advanced than a turn of the century living space.  Fifty years since she'd been in the Patriarch's World.  And yet, there'd been a time when she'd called a space like this home.  

"Tea would be nice," she said when offered food or drink by Becky.  The other woman gets a friendly smile as well.  "Or milk since you seem to have it handy.  I'm Scyleia.  It's nice to meet you."  A pointed look at Becky's hands resulted in her saying "Would you like me to see to your hands?  Unless your partner might take the offer the wrong way..."

It'd been ages since she'd interacted with people off the island.  Scyleia winced inwardly, listening to herself and how awkwardly she'd handled the conversation so far.   At least she'd probably distract the young woman from the Amazon's partner and whatever he hoped to accomplish in the garbage.

@Hell-Jumper @sitanomoto

The trash can, Question would find, was halfway full with empty bottles of Dr. Pepper and chip bags, along with apple cores and other produce remains. There was, at the very bottom of the trash, an empty Budweiser bottle but that would have been the only eye-catching thing in the garbage. 

Becky smiled back at Scyleia, a genuine one at that,  and poured her a glass of milk as well. She shrugged at Question's inquiry about whiskey. "Not that I know of." She replied, then handed the Amazonia woman the glass. Hands now free, she rolled up her long sleeves so they were just above her wrists. She stared at the bandaids and scabs all over both of her hands and at Several old scars as well, crisscrossing over the back of her hand like she had seen many a fight in her 18 years on this planet. "I like to Box in my spare time. Or practice several forms of martial arts when I'm especially bored." Becky said, explaining almost apologetically about the downright mess her hands were in. "And I appreciate the offer, but they'll be just fine. They always have been." She shrugged again and looked over her shoulder at Question who was rummaging through the garbage and raised an eyebrow. "Unless you like apple cores and empty Dr.  Pepper bottles as a snack I doubt you'll find anything worth munching on in there." Becky said with a small smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess nodded with understanding. "The Jokerz are pretty bad, but I don't see why you'd have too much of a problem with the Red Hood. He doesn't normally seek out victims that don't deserve it." She said, taking a small sip of her drink. 

"Gotham certainly keeps ones' senses sharp, but... doesn't everywhere, these  days?" 

Jess chuckled at that remark. "Indeed it does. Spoken lIke a true Gothamite." She replied, smiling a little at Evaline. 

@Hell-Jumper @Archon @Epiphany

Question rolled his eyes at the girl's comment."Damn, I was hoping for some evidence of alcoholism or depression", he replied, "I'm not big on garbage". The man walked over to the sink, turned on the tap, pulled off his gloves and used the back of his hands to dispense soap into his opposite palm before scrubbing his hands and arms as clean as he could manage.

After putting his gloves back on and rolling his sleeves down, he inspected the bands clasping his arms before turning to Becky. "Back to my original question, what can you tell me- us -about these 'shadows'. Why is Grayson so affected by them?", he asked, "What did they do to her that's keeping her off the streets?" His manner was calm but his tone held the same underlying threat that Sage had tought him. People were a lot more likely to comply if they thought they or something close to them was in immediate dsnger. Question needed to know what these two really were capable of. Although he has enough information on 'Neoshade', his companion was obviously the true threat.

Becky scoffed when she heard his answer to her comment. "Oh, she's definitely depressed. She doesn't eat her weight in junk foods or drown herself too heavily in Alcohol, but she is depressed, I can garuntee that." She looked sad when she said that, and her eyes drifted to the ground. "Jess won't tell me what they did, but I assume they did something to rattle her... emotionally. She... she's been going out every Night and coming home late. Really late. 3-4 in the morning. Mostly when I'm asleep. She doesn't speak to me about what happened, or why she... ahem.... removed herself." Becky felt her throat tightening but she didn't let herself show any weaknesses to this man. She looked Question head on and adopted a 'resting bitch face', then morphed it into an incredulous expression. "Excuse me, are you....." She laughed. "I'm sorry but for a moment there it sounded like you were threatening me and Jess..." She crossed her arms and clenched her fist. "If you'd like my help sir you'd better be careful with your words." @Epiphany @Hell-Jumper

Question looked into the girl's eyes, there was a bit of anger and sadness as she spoke. As was to be expected. She was talking to a complete stranger about her close friend, family, and how far she had fallen. Is she too far gone to return to the field, is the question. he said to himself. It was something he'd think through later, probably over a strong bourbon or a pack of smokes. Strange how clarity can come in the presence of vices.

Becky's stance, vocal patterns, and expression suddenly went tense, defensive, and angered. His tone had triggered a fight or flight response from her, fight being her obvious choice. "No, but you're more likely to tell me what's going on if you think it will help Ms. Grayson or if you fear for her", he explained, "And if I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't threaten you. Weak men make threats, scared men make promises, capable men take action. An action is far more effective when no one expects it."

He pulled on his coat and put his hat back on before turning to Sycleia."I'm going to hit the streets, see if I can't find out anything about what's going on in the underworld or if anyone knows anything about our new friends", he said, "You're welcome to join me, or you can stay with her and wait for Grayson."

Eveline Dennis

Eveline shrugged at Jess' rather acute response. Of course the average citizen wasn't in danger from the Hood, Catwoman was a different story. It didn't matter, she was smart enough to play the race; the friendly conversation now almost seemed to be turning into a game of clue-hunting, no matter how subtle. Was Jess suspicious of Eveline? if she was, who exactly was Jess? But for now, that was all conjecture; she was still very much enjoying Jess' company even if she was an undercover cop or detective. "It's the gang violence, innocent people can get caught in the middle of a shootout between the Hood's men and the Jokerz..." The woman spoke delicately, as if reflecting on that very memory. 

"But hey! Here I am! Resilient and still going, like a true Gothamite, right?" Eveline raised her glass in a motion of cheers; her smile just begging Jess to comply with the action, "To Gotham!" 

@sitanomoto

Scyleia Lancaster

The Amazon didn't know the people or the circumstances, not the way her partner did.  He'd had more opportunity to gather intelligence up front and he knew this world; her memory was a lifetime out of date.  But the concern and despair on Becky's face were unmistakable.  

"No one's threatening anything," Scyleia said, hands slightly spread in assurance.  An image that might work better if her hands weren't wearing steel-knuckled leather gloves.  "I want to say I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for this situation and for what your loved one's been through.  I have a feeling few if any have actually said those words; I'm sorry.  But I am.  She's clearly hurting and that pain hurts you and I'm sorry for you both.  I can't promise we can fix it.  But we'll do what we can."

"From what you describe, it's likely not something they did.  It's something she did, or didn't do.  She's not afraid of them or she'd be holed up here or somewhere else and not making trips out in either case.  It sounds like she's searching for something.  Perhaps an opportunity for an answer.  Or a distraction, because she has an answer but doesn't want to face it for reasons only she knows.  Whatever the case, you may be her best hope for resolution, for moving forward.  She knows you.  Likely trusts you, in a way she won't trust us.  Consider accompanying her, helping her find what she's looking for or identifying if she really is just distracting herself.  The time may have come to help your loved one face the answer, if it's already known.  Only you will know.  May Hera give you peace and wisdom to help your sister."

Her monologue done, Scyleia turned to the Question and nodded once.  "I'm with you, Question.  I gave my word I would ward you and my word is binding.  I'll follow your lead."  And she waited for his next move.

@sitanomoto @Hell-Jumper

Becky sighed and looked at Question, then nodded, understanding his stance on the issue. Her fists unclenched and she looked at Scyleia, taking an immediate liking to the woman in front of her. Becky listened to her little shpeal, and she smiled a little. "Thank you." She said, nodding towards Question in a small gesture of respect. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess grinned and held up her drink as well, toasting to Gotham with her partner.  "To Gotham." Jess didn't know the woman very well, but Evaline had stopped her from brutally beating the drunkard at the bar to a bloody pulp, and that was something, at least. 

I9Observing the interaction between the women, Question took note of Sycleia's nurturing tendencies. She would be useful for handling more sensitive people in the future, whereas his brusque nature could be useful, it was often offputting.

Before leaving the apartment, Question touched his fingers to the tip of his hat in Becky's direction."I'll be seeing you then, maybe", he offered and walked out the door, pausing until Sycleia caught up. Once together, he led her back outside. "Well, let's hope this wasn't a waste if time",he muttered under his breath. Turning to Sycleia he pulled out the data pad and pulled up a roster of reportedly active criminals with gang affiliations nearby. "We're going to track these people down and see what they know",he explained,"Or we can use them to get to bosses higher up the food chain."

Scyleia Lancaster

Giving Becky a last friendly wave and an understanding smile, Scyleia followed her partner's lead out the door.  Her taller stature and longer stride made catching up to the Question a matter of seconds.  "I don't know who Becky is," she comments after her partner's initial statement.  "But we know more than we did and she knows she's not alone; that others care about what happens to someone she cares about.  There were no losers in that exchange, only winners."

The data pad drew the Amazon's interest and she studied the roster with unfeigned interest.  Her eyes flicked rapidly over the screen, absorbing detail, faces, names and alliances with effortless speed.  She nodded once when finished.  "If our quarry goes to ground in their territory, they'll know.  Or be more likely to know, anyway.  There's wisdom in that approach, Question.  Good idea."  Scyleia doesn't quite smile but her lips curved up approvingly.  "I don't see why we can't do both.  We can start with what they know and if they don't, we find out who would. Just tell me what you'd like me to do and when you'd like me to do it."

Question nodded to Scylea. "We'll see", he told her, "You did say actions speak louder than words." With that, the man turned and began walking down the street, hands in his coat pockets. 

A few minutes later, the two had arrived at the two stort residence of a local hustler. "Alright, I'm going to go get him, you wait outside",he told Scyleia,"Not that I don't have faith in you, but this will be easier to do on my own."

The grey-clad detective removed his coat and hat, leaving them on an old rocking chair, and approached the door before attempting to pick the lock. After a moment, he straightened back up, pivoted side ways and delivered a swift side kick to the door, splintering the wood around the handle. He kicked again, creating a hole large enough to stick his arm through and unlock the door. 

Question disappeared into the building and went up the stairs. Outside the sounds of glass breaking, impacts against furniture and walls, and vulgarity could be heard.

The second floor window shattered outward, the glass falling to the ground along with two men, bloodied and bruised. Question groaned before pushing himself up and grabbing the other man by the collar and raising his fist. "Alvarez! Where is he cabron?",he yelled his knuckles bloody but no damage visible on his face, or lack thereof. Question sounded beyond pissed, almost deranged. The man, bleeding and breathing heavily, stared up at him. "No trato con demonios sin rostro", he replied, earning a blow from Question's left fist. The man below him swung his head forward, his forehead crashing into the bridge of Question's nose.

Scyleia Lancaster

The Amazon made for quiet company on the walk to their nearest lead.  She's evidently one of those rare people who doesn't feel the need to talk to fill up silence.  Scyleia nodded once, though, when instructed to wait by Question.  And she did so with reasonable discretion, picking a wall to lean against and looking like she was waiting for someone.  The Question's resort to violence rather than lockpicks drew another small smile from a face that hadn't done much smiling in a while.  Then she nodded appreciatively as she listened to the man go to work indoors.  

Two men plummeting to the ground was something else, though.  She pushed off the wall and approached them, pausing only when the Question rose and began his interrogation.  The sheer emotion of the man drew a reflexive frown from the sober warrior woman.  Still, she waited.  At least until the Question took a hit in the face, possibly getting his nose broken.  

Scyleia grimaced.  She'd trusted the man to handle himself and in so doing she'd broken her word to keep him from harm.  Sighing, the Amazon stepped over the prone interrogation subject and put a boot down on his chest.  And pressed down.  "I can press until the pavement beneath you breaks," she said to the struggling suspect.  "think you'll break first, though.  Save yourself the trouble and tell the man what he wants to know."

Hopefully her companion wasn't too badly hurt.  Beyond her forsworn word, the Question had a language in common with this man.  If he wasn't up to interrogating, communication might be difficult.

The force of the man's forehead crashing against Question's face had knocked him backwards and dazed him. Quickly recovering his wits, he prepared for a follow up blow that never came. Glancing over at the hustler he saw Sycleia attempting the print the pattern of her boot on the man's chest. This brought him a small sense of satisfaction knowing that the pain he felt was being repaid in full.

Question approached the Amazonian. "Thanks for the help",he said, his voice hoarse, but nowhere near frail. Crouching down beside the man. "Tell me where I can find Alvarez, or I'll let her take a stroll through your intestines, entender?",he told the man, his tone similar to the one he had used with Becky, but without an ounce of sympathy or remorse. The man held his glare for a few more seconds before giving in. "I can't tell you where to find him, but I can tell you how",he said in heavily accented English. Question raised a hand to Sycleia, signalling for her to relieve pressure "I didn't ask for an explanation, I want names, places, words of importance, bueno?",Question replied, "So tell me, or I tell her to crush you again." The man looked over at Question and explained, "The only man who can get you to Alvarez without getting you killed is la serpiente.Question nodded, took out a small pocket notebook, and wrote down the name he'd been given.

He stood up and turned his vision towards Sycleia."What do you want to do with him?", he asked. 

Scyleia Lancaster

Question's thanks prompted a nod from the Amazon, little more.  In her experience, interrogations worked best where authority was established and reinforced.  Seeing a partner obey made suspects more likely to obey the one asking the questions.  So she responded to the Question's every prompt, applying and relieving pressure as emphasis for her partner's words.  

Being asked to decide the man's fate surprised her.  So Scyleia knelt over the man and looked him in the eyes.  She saw defiance but also fear.  He hadn't been caught in the commission of a crime so it was probable turning him over to the police would yield no lasting result.  Something else might.  

"This is your world," she said to the prone gang member.  "Attack and be attacked.  Where vigilantes as well as rivals might seek your life at any moment.  Where those you love are in danger, just being near you.  And always, the specter of someone much stronger than you waits to overshadow you."  Her firm, irresistible grip reinforced the point.  

"It's not the only world, though.  The Gods gave men the same freedom, the same choices they had.  Perhaps this...environment, this hostile climate, this risk of impending death is all you've known.  If so, it's time to embrace true bravery, warrior.  It's time to leave this environment, this climate behind.  It's time to make a new life for yourself and those that depend on you.  One day, a child will look up to you.  Perhaps one already does.  Will you be the kind of man that child will aspire to be?"

Scyleia stood then and released the prone man.  "This may not be your last chance.  But it's a chance.  May Athena give you wisdom enough to seize it and find something better to fight for."

She turned to the Question then, her ignoring the gang member a sign of her dismissal of the man.  "La Serpiente, a strange name.  Do you know it?  Do you know who might?"

Question felt the weight and emotion in Sycleia's words. Judging by the man's expression, he was equally affected by them. He walked off dazed, as if someone had shown him the future. In a way, she had.

Sycleia spoke again, business like, and Question snapped back to the present. "It means the snake", he explained, "Or the Serpent. Something like that." Question picked his coat and hat from the chair and put them back on, then pulled the tablet from his pocket. "There's at least a dozen snake named guys in Blüdhaven alone",he said,"Snakebite, Scales, Diamondback, Snake Boi, that's Boi for whatever reason, Serpent, Serpentine, Snake Man, Snake Lord. Those are just the ones we have notable records on." The dark haired man sighed and returned the tablet to his coat pocket. "We're going to be busy for a while.",he told her,"Which isn't ideal, but Alvarez is our only option for gaining access to the underworld. And if this Serpiente is our only way to him, so be it."

Question felt a dull ache from most of his body, suggesting bruising and possibly bone breaks, nothing he couldn't stand and certainly nothing that would get in the way. Would Vic let this stop him?

@Epiphany

Evaline Dennis

Despite how the conversation provided some form of brief respite from what was to come, Evaline suddenly felt the familiar urgency of a nearing mark - she had only spoke with Jess for maybe 20 minutes - if that, but she felt the woman could be a future friend for Evaline Dennis, unfortunately it was now time to let Catwoman out to play. The Museum would be receiving it's new shipment of magnificent artistic wonders in an hour from now, if she wanted to grab some new decoration for her small, shabby apartment, she had to go now. Faking a concerned glance at her phone, Evaline sighed and looked up. "Jess, dear, this was great. But somethings come up, I'm afraid I have to go. If you're a regular here, then I'm sure I'll be seeing you again soon enough." Evaline's final smile carried the same warmth as the previous, but also a hint of mischief. She hoped Jess was okay alone, but for now it was time for Evaline to go away for the night. In a casual - if slightly rushed - stride, the woman marched from the bar with some haste, throwing on her coat over her shoulders before breaking out into a small sprint. It was time to change.

@sitanomoto

Scyleia Lancaster

She shook her head once at the obvious pain in the man's body.  Still, his words held valuable knowledge and she absorbed them as they came.  "I had no idea the snake motif was so popular in Bludhaven.  It's strange to me.  Where I come from, snakes are a symbol of healing, of mystical power.  Asclepius has great power when invoked.  I have no idea why a healing image is something a...gang, a villain would invoke."

At last she shrugged.  "So, we should find out which of these snake men fits our profile.  Doing so will likely require more danger, like the danger you just faced.  You don't seem well, Question.  I would.." she paused, searching for the right word before settling on "...feel better if you would see a physician.  Or rest.  I have the might of Athena, diminished as it is.  You do not.  And my strength is perhaps the smallest tool we have for solving this case.  I need you at your best.  Will you heed my advice?"

"If you are willing, perhaps I might use the time you spend recovering doing what research I can on our suspects.  See if there's anything that can narrow the field."

@Hell-Jumper

Question had yet to study the Amazonians in detail, much less their culture. Sycleia was proving to be quite the informative companion. "Snakes are also associated with poison, danger, cunning, and striking incredibly fast", he replied, "Probably due to the brainwashing the education systems and entertainment networks crank out on a daily basis." The man shrugged. It was a conspiracy for another day.

Question was first surprised, then offended by Sycleia's suggestion. It wasn't until he took a sharp breath to reply when he saw the point she might just have. But, as his mother told him, he was as stubborn as the devil and twice as ornery. "I'll rest when there isn't a job to do", he told her, gritting his teeth to hold back a groan.

After composing himself, he considered all of the obvious details. "Our man, or woman, wouldn't be any street criminal. Alvarez wouldn't concern himself with a small fish, so we can narrow our list significantly by that", he began, "And Alvarez doesn't deal in human trafficking or gun running, his empire is built upon illegal and designer drugs. So now our list is down to Snake King, Python, Serpentine, Snake Boi, and Diamondback."

Scyleia Lancaster

"Then we begin with the Snake King."  Scyleia glanced down the street, briefly checking to see if anyone paid the pair any undue interest.  Thankfully, most pedestrians ignored them, though it was hard to say if it was the practiced indifference of a population trying to avoid attracting superpowered attention or if it was the natural indifference of people far too wrapped up in their own lives to care about anyone else's.  

At last her attention fixed back on the Question.  "If titles are in any way meaningful, we should probably start with the one claiming royal title.  And leave the Snake child for last, assuming we get that far.  It's difficult to credit someone calling themselves 'Snake Boi' being anything but small fish."

"What do you know of Alvarez, really?" the Amazon asked after a moment of further thought.  "The last time I set foot in the Patriarch's World, none of you were alive.  Understanding who our quarry is would help me better help this mission.  Though if he's preoccupied with drugs, then he's also preoccupied with distribution routes.  From manufacturing to consumer, his products have a route to travel.  Might we trace that route instead?"

The faceless man was impressed how quickly she adopted a logical approach to her thinking, taking the evidence and making connections."Names can be deceiving though, I recommend we do some street research to find out who has the biggest presence here in Blüdhaven", he explained,"So we should change into less conspicuous clothes and head to local clubs, drug dens, and other places drug dealers set up then follow the chain up to our quarry." The man turned and began walking away, aware that this was a rude habbit but not caring. 

"The league will have a safe house and stashed supplies as well as clothes", he continued when she had rejoined him,"I can see if my contacts here have any locations they can give me, otherwise we'll have to waste time looking for drug dealing hot spots."

Question again pulled the tablet out and used the map function to locate the closest league safehouse. I sincerely hope they have a med station... or morphine. There was a safehouse disguised as a car wash not two blocks away, a fact Szasz was more than happy to hear. 

Scyleia Lancaster

The Amazon nodded at the Question's correction of her assumptions.  What a world this was, that men might intentionally embrace the name of 'boy' instead of 'man'.  Had the male ego come so far, after so many thousands of years of...not?  

"I thought this leather jacket, jeans and shirt would be less conspicuous," Scyleia said, glancing down at her wardrobe, evidently oblivious to the fact that her Amazonian model-level appeal will make her noticeable if not conspicuous to basically everyone into gorgeous.  "Though I suppose I could lose the gloves," she added, nodding at the steel-studded backings that turned 'dress glove' to 'brass knuckles'.  "Is this something you wish to do separately?  I'll be honest, Question; I don't know the city, its customs, drug culture or these streets.  I'm not sure I'm an asset for this specific work.  But if there's something I can do, with or without you, I'm in."

She fell into step with the Question as they walked towards the safehouse.  With his every step, the frown lurking at the edges of her lips drew deeper and more pronounced.  If he could get out of clothes and into other clothes, his range of mobility would tell her more about how fit for more fighting he might be...

Jess nodded, smiling. "Good luck, my friend. Safe travels." She said as Evaline left. She looked at the Drunkard who had been harassing her, and made up her mind about something. 

It was about 15 minutes later that she found herself outside of the Bar, another drink in her system as well as some water and a pretzel so she wouldn't be too bad tomorrow. She walked, stumbling a little bit, but otherwise keeping her tipsy footing. She had a mission in mind, and it didn't matter to her that she was slightly out of it. The man at the Bar was right. She had to go out and do something. 

Being a civillian had its advantages, especially one with keen ears for gossip at her local bar. The Golden Cobra was where she was headed, to cut a head off of this Hydra-esque branch of drug dealers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Becky sighed and grabbed some more orange juice, downing it quickly. She looked at the time and her heart dropped to her stomach. Jess wouldn't be home for a while and Becky didn't know what state she was going to be in when she got home. It scared her, honestly, to think that Jess was out there doing who knows what in the emotional turmoil she was in. It just wasn't safe to her, and Becky looked at her cup of OJ With a grimace. 

Q shook his head."No, if things go south, even I wouldn't be able to deal with more than two dozen junkies, dealers, and enforcers.",he replied,"I need you with me." The man turned into the carwash, pressing his thumb against a button. A small beep sounded somewhere before a section of the asphalt lowered into a ramp. He walked down and looked around. There were a handful of rifles on a rack on the wall, a few vests, although one was very obviously used.

Question approached the rack of clothes and shuffled through, pausing as he saw a shredded shirt with suspicious stands on it. He eventually pulled off a faded green baseball tee, jeans torn at the knees and worn everywhere else, and a pair of sneakers that looked like they'd been put through the ringer twice. He glanced back at his companion, studied her for a moment, then looked through the clothes again before taking out a red hoodie that was a few sizes too big for her, grey sweatpants, and a pair of running shoes that had dirt pasted to the bottom."This should keep you from being too noticeable", he explained, jerking his thumb towards a room,"You can change in there, afterwards, I'll see if I can't do anything about that glow you have about you."

@Epiphany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back