• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Bitten: The Better Version

2429DD29-F0B3-4E6E-8042-F362CF670B71.jpeg
Name: Frank Campos
Personality:
gritty ° ruthless ° alpha ° cautious ° leader ° survivor
History:
Reinstated after a prolonged suspension, Frank returned to the force and went right to work. Working closer to the ghettos of downtown, he returned to clean up the streets - a mission he instilled into himself. Everything went down after he caged a criminal in the back of his patrol vehicle. Weeks later he finds himself driving southbound in search of sanctuary - company still with him.

BEFORE
“I’ve never broken down before. I took pride in that. You win, you fight and you lose, that simple; no in between. I never looked down the road because there’s nothing to see, zero visibility. I don’t want to be who I am now, I want to be who I was. Before the pills. I never thought I was safe because when you’re head is down, that’s when you lose. Most guys run from confrontation because they never want the answer to the inevitable question. Am I one of the weak or am I one of the strong? Everyday is a fucking war. Someone trying to take something from me, you know? Challenge me. Dominate me. These motherfuckers don’t know who you are! It’s the consistency, the fucking fire in your heart. Who wants to be normal? No ones fucking normal. Don’t be afraid of greatness. Bet on yourself. This is your fucking moment so take it, that’s what I tell everyone. Its a rare privilege, so enjoy it. Because this is going to end. It’ll fucking end Doc, it always does. Men like me don’t take pills. Great men, we take chances. And I know…I know the highs are a little higher, the lows are a little lower, but I…I..I can cope with that, I have a handle of that, always do. But to coast right in the middle? Nah man. That’s the death of me. No Bueno.”

—-

NOW
“Frank!....FRANK!!”

“What? What?! Lower your fucking voice!” Frank responded to the desperate teenager, a boy called DJ from the restaurant district. Urgently the kid poked at the cruiser’s tinted window - handcuffs rattling as he moved. He pushed his index finger forcefully against the glass, pointing at a small cottage further down the southern trail.

“Right here! Look at that bro! It’s gotta have food and shit Frank! Chickens and shit!,” the kid informed, his breathing distressed by an elevated pulse and anticipation. He seemed cold, shivering in weather that was near-damn perfect as he suffered from withdrawal. Frank cursed under his own breath, looking back at him then out of the window to see the structure. “You see any of those things?”

“I don’t know man, I can’t really see out of this damn car! You gotta let me the hell out! It’s been weeks!” he yelled back, an unhinged look plastered on his face. The kid looked around wondrously, his face growing red as desperation started taking over. The boy then took to physical distress, kicking at class shield that separated him from Frank. In response, Frank knocked on the glass full force, slamming on the brakes. “Calm the fuck down!” Frank uttered between his teeth. “You’re going to make us crash, so shut the fuck up and keep your voice down!”

Unable to control his irritability , DJ leaned forward and clashed against the glass with his forehead. He rolled his eyes at Frank but kept his mouth shut when the officer glanced back. Frank scratched the back of his head, thinking about their next step as he walked out of his car. The farmhouse was about a mile out, not close enough to make out if there were any survivors. They were completely out of water and were down to a pair of canned beans, so supplies were needed immediately. Their surroundings seemed calm, so gambling on this farm could pay off. However, if it didn’t, getting supplies would be near damn impossible since they were in the middle of nowhere and neither of them knew chicken-shit about farming. Though they were running out of moves.

“Alright, listen. I’m going to check this place out, got it? If you fuck this up DJ, if you FUCK this up, I’ll kill you. You hear? I’ll fucking kill you! Once I walk away you keep shut, keep those lips closed because I’m not coming to save your ass if this thing goes south. I will let you fucking die.” Frank shook off the raging heat that slithered down his spine, warmed up his jaw and shut the door to his cruiser, looking towards the cottage. With his hand over his gun, he started down the trail towards the farmhouse.​

2BF5A815-C71A-4CFA-BC29-17F579FE5E0B.jpeg
Name: Theodora Hills

Personality: A little rough around the edges. Quiet and snarky at best. Often doesn’t have time to deal with others bullshit or their pity parties. Very ambitious and Hard headed. Once she’s convinced she’s right, she’s right. There is no debating, she’s only going to explain why your wrong. Sly and crafty for sure, while she’s not especially a sweet talker she knows how to get her way and bulldoze her way to it.

Shit went bat shit crazy fast. Normally Theo was good at rolling with the punches thrown at her. The ones from work, the ones from life, but his shit was wasn’t even a punch. It was big fat fucking bullet to the head by life.
“Shit!”
Theo cursed, swerving frantically to avoid another totaled car with those things crawling out of it. Narrowing her hazel eyes Theo ran straight over some curly headed bitch in the middle of the road. Not taking the time to pause and consider if they were those things or an actual person. Well fuck it. Theo sure as all out hell wasnt going to go fucking check no Theo needed to get the hell out of this City. There was to many of them here, all condensed in one area, and while Theo was good, she wasn’t a fucking Terminator.
Skidding and drifting, Theo knocked countless bodies out of her way as she sped out of the city, hazel eyes flinty and mouth set in a grim line. Her ears were numb from the countless screams and pleas, the tearing of teeth meeting flesh and wails I’d forgotten children. She had to keep going though. There was nothing she could really do. Nothing I could do! She was ill prepared for this, and amongst all the chaos and death. Theo was only blessed to have been a proud believer in gun rights and had two pistols on her. Well one in her car with spare ammo and another on her person. She had always been the kind of girl to shoot someone as a warning, and by god she had never been so grateful for that.
4hrs later

Theo had been driving for god knows how long, her freckled eyelids dropped every now and then, and after nearly running over a spare tire in the fast empty road she drove on, she finally spotted a farm house up in the distance.
ugh yes! S’bout time fond somethin other than just highway ‘n man eaters, shit”
she grumbled to herself, pulling up next to the house slowly and eyeing the vehicles out front and the lights on. Hazel eyes narrowed and her nerves turned to steel, just like they did before every boxing match, and just like they did as she grabbed her .44; reloaded it and opened the car door softly. Her brown doc martins crunching quietly on the gravel as she gently shut the door. Leaving the sun roof open and locking the doors manual just in case she needed a safe haven to jump into.
A back up plan is always a good plan.

And with that thought in mind, and a grim set to her jaw, Theo crept in.

Last edited:
Name: Clover St. John
Personality: Grounded * Playful * Obedient
History: Had been working the farm with her two uncles when everything started to turn south. She was usually the one to shed the sheep and milk the cow.
Appearance: https://makeuptutorials.com/wp-cont...h-Freckles-Bridal-Musings-Wedding-Blog-11.png

Before

“Ain’t no one ever asked what we do out here. We spin, we milk an’ we serve, ‘bout simple as that. Been that way with Uncle Gregory an’ Uncle Arnold since … who knows when. Uncle Gregory’s been gettin’ the shed while Uncle Arnold makes sure we got food on the table. Been plentiful lately, I’d say. Cows for milkin’, sheep for sheddin’ and horses for ridin’. Lots and lotsa horses. We’s gets visitors too. Lotsa ‘em. Though, they don’t ask no questions - just browse through. They be walkin’ and stalkin’ through the household though their own or some museum t’be perusin’. Now dun get me wrong, we ain’ the government o’somefin. But we sure as heck like our privacy. Ain’t no one question a person’s quiet space ‘less they be hidin’ somethin’ and the big man come for you. But we ain’t hidin’ nothin’. Ain’t no one question us just like they don’t question the big man in the sky o’ ma an’ pa. There’re just things we dun ask.”

Now

“And in today’s forecast a of humidity cast of high above 56% at 78 degrees will be coming our way. Now back to the forecast.”

A momentary pause before the weather woman was passed over to the anchor.

“Thanks Karen, now in the latest news, this outbreak from last week seems to have taken a spin from 0 to 100. Officials are urging civilians to evacuate the premises immediately before--”

“Greg, turn tha’ shit off, won’t you? Ain’t nothin’ but a government spook.” Arnold’s voice cut over the sound of the television, the program already switching to advertisements about swallowable gum. “They cause an’ outbreak and suddenly every bein’ within tha last hundred miles gotta go runnin’ toward the nearest grocery store while they hike up all them prices. Did it fer hurricane season an’ they did it fer 9/11.”

“Arny, they didn’t do nothin’ like that.” Gregory sighed slightly. He seemed to already have had enough with the news on the television, his husband now chattering away at some sort of conspiracy. “Relax, we’ll be fine. Just gotta warm up the truck an’--”

“No, no truck warmin’, no movin’. Just us an’ lil Miss Clover gettin’ herself ta bed.” Arnold rose two eyebrows, eyes following suit as he met his nieces'. As always she had been sitting at the staircase, hands wrapped around the bars that led upward, sneaking a peek at the news over both her uncles’ heads.

“Mighty early, don’tcha think?” Gregory snorted once. “It’s at least 6 in the evenin’ an’ girl’s enough to be goin’ out findin’ some sorta boyfriend … or friends.” He turned his head once, sharing the glance with Arnold now.

“I ain’t goin’ no where, don’t ya’ll worry.” Clover offered a smile. She knew exactly what Arnold was going to say. “Just listenin’ in on the speaker box, no worries. Wanted t’see what the fuss was ‘bout.” Her emerald eyes parted to meet with each of their’s independently. “ ...but Uncle Greg’s right, Arny. Mighty old t’be goin’ ta bed ‘fore the sun do, right? Chores all done. Was gonna go for a bit of a ride before curfew - the one established by the government.” A slight smirk just to urk Arnold before rising to her feet, already donned in horse riding gear. “If I gots somethin’, I’ll yell.”

“Shoot.” Arnold corrected. His shoulders had dropped, expression softening at the sight of his niece. They sure as hell weren’t related but they might as well have been. It was a wonder why Gregory took her when he did. He watched as Clover pattered down the steps and out the backdoor of the cottage.

-----

The sun shone faintly over Clover’s ashen brown locks, the reddish hue serving as a 45 minute warning before darkness fully blanketed the farmland. Helmet tucked beneath her arm, boots pressing against the soil she brought herself to a momentary stop upon seeing the vehicle in the distance.

Was that … a cruiser …?

Clover shook her head once, deeming the idea preposterous. Aside from her Uncle’s talk, they were innocent folk. Nothing really to be questioned about. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw an officer making his way toward the back entrance, fingers squeaking against the helmet as she found herself something to hold onto. A slight nod of her head in acknowledgement toward the officer. Keep calm ….

“Evenin’ officer, how do you do?” She offered lightly. “Somethin’ I can help you with?”

Frank Campos
Interaction: Beleth Beleth

As soon as the girl spoke, Frank drew his weapon from it’s holster - pointing it directly at her. Its sight targeted her chest as his other hand motioned her to remain still - a common police strategy. “Do NOT take another step!” he called out, slowly creeping up towards her motionless frame. The poor girl didn’t seem to know what the heck was going on, was she oblivious?

Standing just a couple of feet away, Frank waved his gun around and kept her at bay - fearing that she may be infected. “Are you one of those things? The sick, the dead?!” he asked hastily, eying the girl up and down for signs of disease. Overall she looked healthy, freckles and all. She was just another survivor.

“You alone or somebody else in there?!” He added, peeking through the door window to see if he could make out anyone else. Immediately he reached for the door handle as he continued to hover his gun in the girl’s proximity. “Get the fuck down, on the floor,” he ordered with a lower tone. Shifting, he started opening the door slowly - peeking inside before moving any further. He found himself in their kitchen after stepping in, taking into account the rusted feel of the home and the numerous coffee mugs.

He slammed the end of his pistol on the wall, letting his presence be known. “Police! If someone’s in here, call out now!” With eyes glaring down the hallway, Frank kept close to the wall - pointing his gun down the stretch. “Call out!” he repeated, knowing someone else lingered in the home. Hopefully they weren’t dumb enough to try anything against this trigger happy cop.

Interaction: BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
Mentions: Theo
Clover St. John

“Do NOT take another step!”

Clover slowly raised her hands, eyes crossed at the barrel of the gun. They had widened slightly in fear of the officer’s abrupt movements and commands, slowly lowering herself to the ground as he ordered.

“Are you one of those things? The sick, the dead?!”

“Dead..? I can ‘ssure you I’m very much alive!” The burnt ginger swallowed hard, cursing at the soil seeping into her fine riding pants. It was one thing if she had fallen off her horse another entirely if she were on her knees because some cop thought he could escape mall duty.

By the time she had the courage to spoke, he had already made his way into the household, causing Clover to tense up, turning her head once. She could have called out but Mall Cop seemed to have one hell of an aim if she so much as sneezed in his direction. Her Uncles could take care of themselves but a warning wouldn’t hurt.

“Wait wait, I’m alone!” Her words escaped as a mix between speech and a cough. She could feel tears watering at the corner of her eyes. “Please, whatever questions ya’ll got, ask ‘em here!”

Was it a fatal move to speak? Would he shoot? She’d most certainly know in a few minutes. He mentioned briefly about being bit … bit by what? The sick shown on the picture box? Were those real? Maybe if she played along he’d leave her Uncles and herself alone.

“I ain’t bit. Come check yerself if you will. Ya’ll talkin’ ‘bout them diseases on the picture box? If so, I’m pretty derned healthy. Just leave my home alone.” Her eyes laid rest on a dark skinned fellow freckled woman in the distance. Was she with the Mall Cop? She seemed to have some sort of quarrels of her own; more than what Clover would care to admit to handle.

“Police! If someone’s in here, call out now!”

He wasn’t planning on listening. “Uncle Gregory, Uncle Arnold, RUN!” Clover called out, darting toward the nearest shed. She locked the door to the massive building, pressing her back against the inside.

All of Arnold’s stories were right … the authorities were corrupted.

[ Inside the home ]

Inside the home was a relatively clean and well-kept home. The TV had been buzzing in a rather nuisance manner while recently eaten bowls of chili sat on the coffee table beside two cans of beer. Whoever lived in the house seemed to have heard the commotion and locked the entryway to the upstairs. They were ready for the officer.

“Whaddabout Clove, Greg?”
Arnold huffed, a double barrel shotgun tucked beneath his pit.

“Gotta take care of the poser first,” Gregory shared the sigh, eyes on the seal shut door awaiting the officer. “Ain’t no one threatenin’ our girl and gettin’ away with it with his head intact.”

“Now yer speakin’ my languag-” The husband was cut off by the other’s shushing.

“He’s comin. Soon as he reaches the top, pop ‘em. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Wait, hold now, ya’ll don’t mean --- Greg, you promised..!”

“Now ain’t the time fer now bickerin’. Body’s gotta go someplace once we’re through.”

Theo crept carefully closer, sliding up against the corner with her gun poised. At first when seeing the cop, Theo thought the man was there to help. But then he started waving his gun around; shoutin orders at the girl who opened the door and Theo knew.
A smear formed on her mouth as she glared at he man from her hidden position.
‘This mothafuckers nothin’ more than a crooked son’a bitch...’
After hearing the man bang repeatedly against the walls, calling for someone else to come out, Theo twisted deftly out of her hiding spot just as the girl yelled and ran. Theo held aim of her .44 dead at the cops head.
“Shoulda known you crooked sons’a bitches only concerned bout your own asses”
She snarled, her face relaxed and nonchalant, but her eyes flinty and cold.
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy Beleth Beleth

Frank Campos
Interactions: Witty Wild Witty Wild

The young girl had run out of the house before Frank could do anything about it - clearly frightened by his abrupt presence. Fortunately for him, she was dumb enough to let him know of the others in the home - so Frank moved with more caution. He started towards the staircase, listening to the whispers that came from above. “You come down now,” he instructed. Hoping however was up top would heed his commands.

Unfortunately, he’d be unable to make contact with the staircase-strangers as a voice stopped him in his tracks. The tone sounded young, but it had a familiar city slang - like those of city women. [Fuck!] Frank thought to himself as his shoulders started to turn, eyes hurrying to give the voice a face. Upon seeing the revolver aimed at his head, Frank could feel a drop of sweat running down his temple. He lowered his weapon and raised a hand to gesture her to do the same. “How about you put that gun down?”

Slowly he returned his pistol into its holster, hoping she’d feel a little bit safer. “See, nothing to worry about,” he stated, teeth grinding in between words. Slowly he raised his hands, feeling like the roles were reversed. “This your house? That redhead your friend or something?” He asked, trying tondiffuse the situation until he could get the upper hand again.

The black girl seemed trigger happy and it was clear her reputation with police wasn’t the dearest. “Look kid, I’m just trying to make sure those people up there aren’t infected. Are you people goddamn clueless?! There are people coming back to life! Eating other fucking people! I’m just trying to survive okay!” Frank yelled franticly. He was beginning to feel helpless and feared for his life. He left the city to survive, but found himself in a situation where he could die - great.

Theo
Theo raised a nicely done eyebrow and smirked sarcastically at the cop. Sure jus makin sure.. uh huh. Her finger twitched slightly on the trigger, her eyes firmly on the cop and his movements. Theo wanted to outright laugh at the man, did he have no fuckin common sense?
“Righ’ Righ’, you jus wanna help these people right?” Saying this, Theo actually did chuckle harshly at that, stepping forward slightly.
“Did the force jus’rob you of all your damn common sense? Girls ain’t infected or sick or any a that shit, there ain’t been one of those things for about 60miles you dumb shit. “
Theo sneered, then abruptly fired a warning shot by his head, it buried itself in the wall.
“Shut the fuck up man, ain’t no body wanna hear your pity party bitch. Comin’ all heated ‘n shit...”
Theo kept a hand on her gun and knocked on the loudly against one of the walls, keeping the cop in her sight and gun pointed as she moved over to the wall.
“Y’all can come out now, got this sona’ bitch held up!”
Theo called out. Even though she herself wasn’t sure exactly who these people were, Theo knew how to play her cards. There were at least three other people against this cop not including herself, the cop was outmatched and she took his side, she would be too. Best to have the upper hand, with the greater numbers, and if shit really did turn out to be fucked both ways, well, she still had a human shield.
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
Beleth Beleth

“You come down now”
“Ya’ll think we’re tha dumb?” Arnold’s voice called out. “Come up, then we’ll talk, son.”

“Y’all can come out now, got this sona’ bitch held up!”

“Gave us away…” Gregory murmured. Sounds of the shotgun being loaded could be heard from behind the door, lock unclicking before the door slowly swung open. Behind revealed two men just about ten years older than Frank, each with a scowl of their own.​

“Ya’ll think ya’ll can barge up in here and be screamin’ yer gaddamned holy authority rights? That you pokin’ yer pretty boy face in our niece’s space?” Arnold spat once before continuing, “Lucky City Girl here caught ya’ll ‘fore we did. Woulda popped a piece o’two in yer gaddamned face.”

“Where’s Clover?” Gregory’s words were controlled, cold as he spoke up, eyes locked onto the officer. “Best be choosin’ yer words carefully - one slip an’ down ya’ll go.”

“..I’m just trying to make sure those people up there aren’t infected. Are you people goddamn clueless?! There are people coming back to life! Eating other fucking people! I’m just trying to survive okay!”

Gregory’s eyebrows furrowed a hand over the top of Arnold’s shotgun, pressing the weapon down a little bit. “Second thought. ‘xplain that. What dead-alive nonsense ya’ll spoutin’ ‘bout?” His attention shifted toward Arnold as he cleared his throat.

“Carry on.” Was all the weapon holder could manage. Gregory was quick to ignore the momentary interruption to turn back to Frank, a very soft thud of movement pattering around the ceiling above them. The sound was faint, something the younger folk would be able to catch on; footsteps slow but randomized. As if lost.

As if on some sort of cue, a neighing of a horse as though it had been losing its colt echoed the darkened skies, the metallic gates surrounding the outskirts of the country home rattling.

“Alma!” Arnold panicked, turning back to the officer, pushing against Gregory’s protest. “The hell did ya’ll do to our horses?”

“That wasn’t him,” Gregory frowned. “‘member those reports y’insisted were part of the government conspiracy? Sure Officer Loudhouse here is a mile short of bein’ a testosterone ridin’ ass but them news folk weren’ lyin’ We got ourselves a real biological mess here." He shook his head once, stepping down from the platform that led into the bedroom area, both hands up. He had been empty handed, unlike his husband. “Ya’ll got us. Weapons stay down, we ain’t got nothin’ worth steal o’ shoot fer.”

[ Outside ]

The shed was especially cold, quiet. If Clover had not known any better, the obnoxious police officer and the mysterious woman must have been gone by now. Rattling in the background tempted the redhead to remain put but a gut feeling had urged her to grab whatever melee and firearm she could carry, head out through the side window and ambush those who were putting her uncles in harm’s way.

A quick shot, that’s all she needed. A swift bullet to the head of one and Uncle Arnold would do the other. Uncle Gregory …. would just sit there. Sighing his usual way before disposing the body in the furnace down below.

Heaving once and over the shed window and Clover was out, creeping in the dark into the kitchen with her dual handguns, one arm over the other - just like she had observed the officer. A barrel pointed in the curly haired woman’s direction and the other in the individual who had been threatening her and her family earlier. “Hold it.”

“Clove we got it-” Arnold began.

“I ain’t talkin’ to ya’ll now am I?” Her eyes remained locked onto her two initial targets, the gun wavering in her grasp. “Ain’t ya’ll got some decency? Bargin’ into an ole man’s home? Threatenin’ a lady? Actin’ like the world’s ended!” Eyebrows scrunched with slight disgust, Clover shook her head once. “Whaddya’ll gots t’say fer yerself?”

Interactions: Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Frank Campos
Interactions: Witty Wild Witty Wild and Beleth Beleth

Pissed yet rational, Frank let the black girl speak her piece. However, she was wrong about one thing - the infected were everywhere. “You’re wrong kid. Those fuckers are everywhere. Just before I got here I put down a whole family of em’. Dad, mom, kids and all. Fuckers had been tied up to chairs, gnawing at me like fucking savages. So don’t tel-“ he paused when a bullet went flying right passed his head.

His nervous system forced him to throw his hands up and duck as if it’d protect him at all. “FUCK!!” he yelled back. “You crazy I'm uncultured! Put the FUCKING GUN DOWN!” That’s when the upstairs-strangers made their debut, one of them also wielding. Frank took a glimpse of them through his peripherals, taking into account their stature and guesstimating their age. The whole situation was getting him irritated, he was surrounded. Fortunately one of them had some kind of common sense and put theirs weapons down.

“Like I was saying, those things are everywhere. If y’all haven’t noticed, everyone in this whole damn town is gone. You few are the only ones left. God knows where they went, probably evacuated to those emergency safe houses run by the state. They’re all probably dead by now. Those places got overrun in the first week,” Frank explained. That’s when he heard it. Something moving up above him - didn’t really pay attention to it however as the redhead jumped into the mess.

Frank huffed at the girl, brows crunched together and fist clenching aggressively. “Y’all keep pointing them guns at me y’all best be ready to pull that trigger,” he threatened, directing that statement to both girls. Again he heard the noise from above and a horse outside started to go nuts. Frank became alerted, as though shit hadn’t hit the fan already right? “Guess y’all haven’t seen those things huh? Eyes all grey and shit. Skin falling off like dandruff. You get scratched, you get bit and you’re dead. But that’s not the kicker. You fucking come back. You come back as one of those things and the cycle continues. And you wonder why I do what I do? I DO NOT WANT TO END UP ONE OF THOSE FUCKING THINGS!!”

The sound from upstairs grew louder, it was clearly footsteps. “What the fuck is that?” He asked, pointing towards the ceiling. “There more people in this fucking house? Huh?! They infected?! COME DOWN! JOIN THE PARTY!” He called out, annoyed at the fact his plan failed. He just wanted to be in and out, nothing more.

Clover had to admit. It was rather satisfying seeing Mall Cop dance around like some frantic monkey over the warning shot. She suppressed a smile toward the curly haired female, as authority between the individuals continued to shift.

“Y’all keep pointing them guns at me y’all best be ready to pull that trigger”

“Temptin, mighty tempin’, Officer.” Clover lowered the gun lightly, eyes locked onto him. “Unlike you, I ain’t a killer. Don’ plan t’be either.” Tossing the gun out in front of her with a grimace. “‘Xpected more outta ya’ll kind.” A slow nod twice, feigning sympathy “Now that the world’s turn inside out, guess ya’ll can use yer fancy knowledge t’screw the rest of us over.”

“Clover.” Gregory reprimanded, this time it was Arnold’s turn to stop him.

“Sorry Uncle, but this man makes me angrier than a porcupine saddled on its back. Thinkin’ he can come in here like some sort of ragin’ messaih then demand his life t’be spared? Lucky ain’t not one of us put a hole in you. Got half a mind t’be throwin ya’ll outta into the dark. Ain’t nothin’ ya’ll police folk can’t handle.”

Her gaze drifted over to Theo, a sense of weariness from the already presented mess of people. “Iunno what brought ya’ll to these far parts of town but we can’t offer nothin. Ain’t got no milk or breads t’be offerin’.”

If y’all haven’t noticed, everyone in this whole damn town is gone

Can’t say we have. If ya’ll haven’t noticed, ya’ll ended up out in the boondocks. Ain’t no way t’know if a gun’s been fired up in a school or some celebrity be dead ‘less it be on the visual box.” Gregory nodded his head in the direction of the television. “Otherwise we be taken to ourselves.” A few more pit patters from above caused Clover to wince once at the claw-scratching sounds.

“..There more people in this fucking house? Huh?! They infected?! COME DOWN! JOIN THE PARTY!”

Arnold tilted his head up toward the attic area, keeping a peripheral on the officer. “Ain’t nothin’ but a buncha critters, Officer. Feel free t’use yer authority an’ check.” His words trickled in more of a sarcastic manner, general distaste toward authority in general. “Guarantee ain’t no ‘infected’ individuals roamin’ bout our parts. Only infection ya’ll can get is rabies.”

Both Gregory and Clover turned their heads in Arnold’s direction. Not necessarily out of surprise but how nonchalant the idea of getting rabies seemed to him. Clover shook her head once, raising her now free hands, gesturing to the officer’s weapon with her eyes, her words directed at everyone in the room.

“Now we gonna keep with tha’ shootup o’ we gonna talk like civilized ‘muricans?”

Interactions: Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Theo balled her eyes, lowering her gun but not exactly putting it away. They were still strangers after all, strangers she may have to sacrifice in order to survive if it came down to it. Theo cast a sarcastic ha asshole false smile at the cop before visibly untensing and stepping off to the side. Gut instinct and muscle memory had her at first wanting to deck the unexpected appearance of the girl, but training and pure will power held her back.
Stay focused Theo, Asses the damn situation and figger this shit out’

She mental reminder herself. Hazel eyes darting from figure to figure at a leisurely pace, now that most of the excitement was going down. Though there was still the matter of that horse...lotsa things spooked horses though, but like with shit being like it was, she couldn’t really afford to brush it off.
“‘Fraid Detective Asshat right on this one. Shit went to fuckin’ hell out there. Bitches eatin each other and dying and comin’ back left and right. Shit ain’t safe no more...still no reason to treat livin’ People like shit”
Theo sighed, cutting her eyes at the cop briefly before casting them at the door.
“Jus’ stopped by to see if anyone was even alive out here...see how far this shit spread.”
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
Beleth Beleth

Frank Campos
Interaction: Witty Wild Witty Wild and Beleth Beleth

Finally the civillians turned civil, lowering their weapons and assuming a regular conversation. Frank got the momentary impulse to draw his weapon and shoot all of them, but did not. Instead, he listened like a good boy - things were going well now so it wasn’t time to fuck that up.

The country folk’s southern dialect took a second to get used to, especially when they were spitballing nervously. Goddam country people were just as crazy as everyone said. “Listen, the city is full of the dead now. Soon we’ll have a complete shutdown of all government, military, police, everything. This fucking planet will go dark. If you have electricity, you’ll lose it in the next couple of days. Like the girl here, I came down south looking for.....something, someone who wasn’t fucked. You’ve got land and I’m hoping you’ve got experience. Planting, farming, all that. We can survive here. All of us.”

Again the neighing of horses came from outside, Frank tuning them out for a second time. “If not....y’all can get me some gas, some food and water and I’ll be on my way. But I was hoping to get some Southern hospitality,” he smirked, joking a little bit. Frank was human too. And again the horses called. Frank moves towards the nearest window, peeking through the blinds. “Relax, I’m just looking,” he said cautiously, hoping they wouldn’t shoot him in the back as he simply checked the outside. Unfortunately he couldn’t see the horses.

“Those horses, they yours?” He asked the uncles. “You don’t keep them locked up? Because moving forward you should. The infected get attracted by anything that doesn’t look like them or move like them. Those horses can call them out,” he stated, sharing the the information he knew about walker behavior.

“Jus’ stopped by to see if anyone was even alive out here...see how far this shit spread.”

“Pretty derned far, Ma’am.” Clover looked in the direction of the female, feeling far more comfortable with her than the man that stood a few feet away. Guarantee not here. Ain’t nothin’ till ya’ll came around. Thank you, by the way. Fer puttin’ a stop to this shitshow.”

“Like the girl here, I came down south looking for.....something, someone who wasn’t fucked. You’ve got land and I’m hoping you’ve got experience. Planting, farming, all that. We can survive here. All of us.”

“Mighty sure ya’ll thought that one through, huh?” Clover snarked. This man barged into her home like he owned the damned place and suddenly he’s asking for their services? As far as she was concerned the burnt redhead did her best to refrain from walking into a police station, releasing all the fugitives and then asking the surrounding officers for some help with a stolen bike.

Of course she meant this more in a bitter fashion rather than literal. Point was he had some nerve.

“How we know ya’ll ain’t gonna take our services, pop us an’ git?” Arnold took the words right out of the female’s mouth, watching as he eyed every piece of body the officer had. One funny move and he could guarantee using this man’s left leg for the ‘dead’ that ‘arose’.

“If not....y’all can get me some gas, some food and water and I’ll be on my way. But I was hoping to get some Southern hospitality,”

“Ain’t none fer the likes of ya’ll.” Spat the conservative uncle once more. “If what ya’ll say is true, gas an’ food’re ours as far as we’re concerned.” He swung down, retrieving the gun once he saw the individual move to the window, lowering it upon the officer’s calmer demeanor.

Shit ain’t safe no more...still no reason to treat livin’ People like shit”

Clover took a moment to weigh the curly haired woman's words. She spoke sense. “Hold now, Uncle. Ain’t right denyin’ ‘em an’ bootin’ ‘em”

“Switching sides now?” Gregory looked in Clover’s direction. Her eyes had casted slightly, a bit trouble between the treatment and the idea of tossing a human being at the mercy of the supposed desolated land.

“Not at all. Dun’ like ‘em anymore than ya’ll do. But tossin’ ‘em knowingly’s gonna make us murderers.”

“Ain’t a pro’lem now tha’ authorities savin’ their own asses, is it?” Arnold’s eyes shifted back to the officer. “Got half a mind t’send his corpse down the furnace.”

“I say no.” Clover stepped forward, using herself as a body to block the older male. “Dun care if he killed a family o’dead. Long as it ain’t alive. Can’t be helped…” she looked at him once. “Can it..?”

“Yeah them horses ours.” Gregory cut in, frowning lightly, “call ‘em out? They ain’t no human, officer. But we leave ‘em runnin’ free.”

“No … he means …” Clover paused, trying to understand it herself. “They attracted t’sound. Loud noises?”

“They’re dead, how the hell do they hear?” Arnold grumbled. “More importantly ….” He made his way out the backyard toward a wide open field, squinting past the blanket of darkness. “The hell are our horses…?”

interaction: Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Theo scoffed in disbelief at the sheer balls of the officer. Muttering
“Show you some southern shootin’ is what you was gonna get...”
under her breath. Theo regarded the the red head and her slightly trigger happy...uncles was it? Seemed if she wanted to get anything out of this, the redhead was the way to it...for now. Theo offered a half shrug of her shoulder in acceptance of the gratitude over her intervention.
Although...Theo felt her hackles raise even more at he disturbance outside with the horses.
all horses start goin’ bat shot crazy for no damn reason?
She thought, her brows staring to knit . Dragging her self away from the concern that was the horses Theo thought about their surroundings, they were pretty much open out here. Anything could come from any damn direction and ambush them, and if it was one thing Theo knew it was that she didn’t like the uncertainty of not knowing where something was coming from.
“Hm sure they got the knowledge, but this land really ain’t any good for defense. They come in hordes and we’d basically be trappin’ ourselves in damn corner. S’to damn open. Best idea is to evacuate to a better ‘fendable place. “
Theo spoke up. Her tone low and hazel eyes serious.
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
Beleth Beleth

uA6K33VBE6syFU5ZvFw9V7pgnLV2GnTodWOqrZ3C5Xc570PxRNR75RDB0XeedikTwiRnwqxCKSrGaAyFvC1hsmpRCUGGQqIOQEAFtabt6BCWXxIO8AINeIexhw00pCdBvOyYa_CT

Name:
Coralie Mazzeo
Personality:
Aggressive/Loyal/Stubborn
History:
An underground fighter from New York who fled to the south after not paying a debt she owed.

Coralie Mazzeo drummed her fingers against the steering wheel. She wasn't really sure where she was anymore. To be perfectly honest, she didn't even know where she was going. In the beginning, it started out as driving just a few miles down to escape the wrath of Jonathan and the other's, but after driving through Pennsylvania, Virginia, and god knows what other states, she found herself in the middle of nowhere. And, no matter how much she drove, the scenery never really changed. It didn't take long for her to get sick of staring at the same exact thing.

Bzzt.

Coralie glanced down to her phone. It was the first time she's gotten a message since she's traveled down here. She figured if this place was good enough for reception, it must mean a town must be nearby or something. Scooping up her phone with her right hand, she read the message.

1/27/19
Catherine Husher: hey are you alright?
C: I haven't heard from you in a while
C: Jonathan's pretty pissed right now
C: he told me to tell you you owe him however much he bet on you

1/28/19
C: hey, i'm getting worried
C: I think you can come back now
C: you're not hurt, right?

2/2/19
C: where are you?

Coralie scoffed and tossed her phone down onto the passenger seat. She glanced up, just in time to see two figures running towards her car. Her eyes squinted as she slowed her car down to a halt. As the strangers came closer in her sight, it was clear that the one near her, was being chased. Coralie reached into the back row of seats, grabbed her caliber, and quickly opened the door to her car. She wasn't the best aim, but she figured waving a gun could scare off the whoever was chasing the female.

"Hey!" She called out, pointing the gun forward, "Quit chasing her!" Almost a second after Coralie spoke, the man tackled the lady and bit her. "What the hell-?" Her words this time, seemed to briefly gain the attention of the man. He stood up, a bit wobbly and began walking towards her. "Nu-uh, non ho a che fare con questo.1 No way." She hurried back into her car and went in reverse. She turned the wheel right, turning the car into the grassland and just kept on driving as she watched the man amble after her.

After a while, she lost sight of him. "Man, il Sud è un po’ di fuori.2" It took a few minutes for Coralie to realize she backed into someone's front yard. Her stomach made an inhuman noise. Some food would've been nice. Cautiously exiting her car, she made her way up the front porch. It didn't look like anyone was home, but the front door was locked. She glanced to the nearby window, walked towards it, and propped it open. Coralie crawled inside, making a loud thump as she hit the wooden floor.

It didn't take long for her to find the kitchen. She slammed open the fridge, grabbed a apple and some milk. She shoved an apple into her mouth and kept the jug of milk in her hand. She hadn't had food since the last time she stopped two days ago.

1 i'm not dealing with this
2 the south is crazy

Frank Campos
Interaction: Witty Wild Witty Wild , Beleth Beleth and User User

It was about time somemone apoke some sense into the old men. The redhead appeared to be the brains of the household, the uncles the muscle. As the horses continued, Frank couldn’t help but disagree with the black girl. There was some logic behind what she was saying, but it just wasn’t plausible. Despite having a mass of land to defend, working together could keep them safe.

“I don’t know much about farming, but your land seems the healthiest. At least by how green your grass is compared to our surroundings. Now that we have numbers, we can start gating our surroundings. The only real way in is through that single trail we all came up, so if we set up blockades, we shouldn’t have a problem. We have the numbers now,” Frank insisted, instilling in them that they needed each other now.

“I have some things in my vehicle that can help us set a perimeter. We can hear those things coming before they get close enough to cause us any problem. What do you say old man?” He asked Arnold.

Just then, before a response, Frank heard the thud of the refrigerator door. Quickly he went for his sidearm, looking at the others and signaling them to keep quiet. “Someone’s in the house,” he whispered, slowly making his way towards the kitchen, hoping the others would follow cautiously. Peeking into the kitchen, he noticed another black girl eating an apple.

Quickly he turned towards Theo. “She with you?” he asked her, ignorance coming off as slightly racist. He was ready to draw his weapon as soon as she said no. He wasn’t going to let them draw first.

Theo raises a brow and outright scoffed at the man, he thought what, five people was enough to defend this much land? How the hell fast did he think they could build? And how well was another matter. Theo was in clear disagreement with the man. One part because she just didn’t like the Fucker, the other because she didn’t trust him.
“Riiight, an’ we suppose to jus trust you to watch out for anyone other than yer damn self?”
Theo questioned, her hazel eyes mocking him with a mean smirk gracing her lips. Theo rolled her eyes at the man, though her gun stayed poised and lowerd, she dismissed the man as another arrogant motherfucker trying to take advantage. And Theo knew exactly what would happen if he wanted to try that shit with her.
Just as she was about to bite out another response, (possibly to go check those damn neighin’ horses) a clatter came from further in, revealing another girl clambering around the kitchen...eatin up all the damn food.
Who the fuck was this bitch? Did they just have people hiding in the damn walls?
Before she could even voice her hostility and well, bitch at the girl, the officer decided he wanted to be first in line and opened his mouth.
she with you”
at that Theo really did have to stop herself from opening fire on the cop because
This racist sona’bitch...’
Cutting her eyes at him meanly, Theo gave a rough shove to propel him away. Her disgust at the man clear.
“Why? You think all black people know each other or somethin? Racist sonabitch shoulda just shot yer ass instead of warning you. Used that big empty ass head to chuck at those things out there. “ she hissed out. Her hazel eyes immeadietly shooting back to the new ‘intruder’
“This ain’t even my damn house, shoulda asked them if they knew her, talkin bout “she with you” stupid little shit”
Theo continues to bit out. Before clearing her throat at the new comer.
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
Beleth Beleth

User User

“I don’t know much about farming, but your land seems the healthiest. At least by how green your grass is compared to our surroundings. Now that we have numbers, we can start gating our surroundings. The only real way in is through that single trail we all came up, so if we set up blockades, we shouldn’t have a problem. We have the numbers now,”

“The more ya’ll talk, the bigger the urge t’just boot yer sorry asses out into the open an’ offer these ‘dead-alive’ critters sacrifice fer leavin’ us alone.” Arnold grumbled. “Ain’t no one with the likes of ya’ll come in an’ talk ‘bout how great our land is.”

“But you’re right.” Clover intermitted, shooting her uncle a look. She got the officer’s intent: they needed numbers. “We take real good o’our land. Acres ‘pon acres runnin’. Got some tools out in our shed fer buildin’.” As she spoke, an eyebrow rose at Mall Cop’s proposal for him to run to his car. “Sure, sure, we can also scare them walkers away, clear the route fer ya’ll too, ain’t that right?” She glanced at Theo as if to nudge with her eyes suggesting ‘get a load of him.’

“What sorta things ya’ll proposin’ in yer vehicle?” Gregory inquired warily now. “More guns? Some fancy lights o’yers?” He quietened himself down as Officer Ho-Ha found another target to mentally point his gun at. Though, he couldn’t help himself but buy into his observations this one time.

A small curly haired female had been peeking into their fridge, pulling out a crisp macintosh from their fridge drawers. And … was that their milk?

“Aw hell nawh-”

“Someone’s in our house--” Gregory murmured

“-she's takin’ our milk!” Arnold finished, raising his shotgun once more. Ain’t no one gonna take their milk and get away with it.

“She with you?”

Of course Mall Cop had to turn to the only other black individual. Clover was just about ready to open her mouth but it seemed like the addressee not only beat her to it but she also had it covered.

“Why? You think all black people know each other or somethin? Racist sonabitch shoulda just shot yer ass instead of warning you. Used that big empty ass head to chuck at those things out there. “

The redhead belted out a laugh at the response, shaking off anything else she was going to say. She stepped in front of Arnold, gently pushing past Mall Cop to call out to the petty thief.

“‘Xcuse me, miss. That ain’t yers.”

Interactions: User User Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Coralie spun around, hearing the voices, her hand grasping for the empty spot where her pistol should have been.

“She with you?”

Her nose scrunched up in disgust. Was this cop serious? Was everyone in the south crazy? First, she watches some man take a bite out of a woman's neck like it was chicken wing, then she meets the cop whose face is next to Webster’s dictionary of racist. “You gotta be kidding me,” Coralie spat, her ‘t’’s turning to more of a ‘d’ sound in her frustration. “Just because I’m black-”

Before she could continue, she heard the other black women pop off on the man. Coralie was half tempted to clap then and there in agreement.

“She took our milk.”

She glanced over to the elderly man. His priorities concerned her. Everyone in this house concerned her, and she was the one breaking in.

“Xscuse me, that ain’t yers.”

She took a small step back as the ginger approached her. She clenched the apple, prepared to chuck it at her, but figured she’d be shot in a split second. Her eyes then turned to the cop, whose hand was hovering over his gun. She had a sneaking suspicion he would trigger happy after figuring out she wasn’t supposed to be in the house.

In a rash decision - the type she seemed to make quite frequently - she grabbed ahold of the redhead, spinning her around and locking her into a tight enough chokehold to keep her in place, but not tight enough to exactly suffocate her. “Don’t shoot-” Coralie instructed.

Beleth Beleth BeyondDandy BeyondDandy Witty Wild Witty Wild

Frank Campos
Interaction: User User , Beleth Beleth and Witty Wild Witty Wild

Frank immediately dismissed Theo’s response, paying the girl no mind. It hadn’t been the first time a person of the negro community pulled out the race-card on him and it wouldn’t be the last - not even in the apocalypse. Though, her comments were deserving - Frank DID say that stuff to mess with her. No matter, his eyes and ears were plastered on the unknown female ahead.

It was Clover - the redhead farmer girl - who made first contact. Despite acting rational and friendly, the unknown took advantage of the situation - holding Clover captive. In response, Frank removed his pistol and aimed her way. “Let her go!” He called out assertively, both hands on his gun. He side eyed the uncles to make sure they wouldnt do anything rash.

“Let her go or I’ll put a bullet between your eyes kid,” Frank added, brows crunched together with rage. At a snails pace he moved forward into the kitchen, gun still locked on its target. In any other scenario he’d just shoot, no holding back, no repercussions. Unfortunately rules didn’t apply anymore and cops weren’t exactly protected. If he shoot and miss or hurt the farmer girl, that armed uncle wouldn’t hesitate to return the favor.

In attempt to prevent alerting the apple thief, Frank started lowering his weapon. He motioned for the others to do the same. “Hey girl, what’s your name huh? What are you doing around here? You don’t look like the type to be here in the South. You from the city?” Frank asked, lowering his weapon even more.

“How about you let the poor farmer girl go and we can talk. These people won’t hurt you, but you have to let her go. Alright?”

Theo immediately raises her previously Lowered gun at the new girl. Honestly though, they were back to this shit again? Poitin guns at each other and in the cops case, hoping to put a bullet in someone’s head. Theo took a slow step closer, Hazel eyes turning flinty and cold.
“So you just gonna show up, eat somebody else’s food an then hold em hostage? That how it go down where you from bitch? “
Theo smirked, Her trigger finger itched to fire off another bullet- as a warning of course. She wasn’t looking to kill someone just yet. Lord knew she’d just have to put em down all over a-damn-gain.
So she didn’t shoot her, for now. Though if she kept this shit up she would shoot and hope for the damn best.
I’m sick of this shit

“Don’t shoot-”

“Sure, darlin’, just don’t do nothin’ rash…” Clover had quickly found herself clawing at the petty thief’s arm. All she wanted was her half-bitten apple back. Them city folk would never understand the lengths of growing your own produce. Back straightened up, light headedness quickly becoming an issue from holding her breath for so long.

“Ain’t no place t’be makin’ demands. Jus’ a lil on edge, tha’s all. Place the gun down.” The ginger was not only addressing the curly haired female but also the older black female as well as the officer. “Can’t ‘fford no casualities.”

“Let her go or I’ll put a bullet between your eyes kid,”

“Hope ya’ll have one hell of a shot. ‘cause if you miss.” Arnold spoke in response to the officer. He was ready to shoot any moving thing to be honest. It was just now he had somewhat of a plausible excuse that had caused his husband to remain silent this time. Though, that did not stop him from pinching his nose as though stench were a question playing in the interaction.

“Seem like one of them city folk.” Gregory crossed his arms, unamused. He now directed his attention to the younger female. “Much as we hate to admit it, man speaks sense. No shootin’, no killin’, no hurtin’.”

“So you just gonna show up, eat somebody else’s food an then hold em hostage? That how it go down where you from bitch? “

Clover could feel an invisible bead of sweat forming at the peak of her hair. That wasn’t exactly the choice of words she’d use if she were being held … hostage. Though, the older female spoke sense. “Prolly a survival instinct. Ya’ll were just speakin’ of them dead-alive, right?”

interactions: Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy User User

Coralie’s eyes darted around the room as she anxiously searched for an exit. She wasn’t usually one to flee and shy away from confrontation, but adding four guns into the equation quickly changed her opinion. But, even if she managed to shove past the blockade of people, she wouldn’t get far without having at least one bullet in the back of her head.

The girl gingerly took a stepped backwards, yanking the taller redhead with her, when the cop aimed his gun. It only took him a few seconds to lower it.

“Hey girl, what’s your name huh? What are you doing around here? You don’t look like the type to be here in the South. You from the city?”

“Yeah,” Coralie hesitantly answered the cop’s last question, figuring it was his way of telling her that he wasn’t going to shoot just yet. Her shoulders stiffened when she noticed him approaching, “Don’t-”

“So you just gonna show up, eat somebody else’s food, and then hold 'em hostage? That how it go down where you from, bitch?“

Well, when you put it like that, you make me seem like a terrible person-.

She was tempted to respond with a 'yes' just in spite, but figured it was probably best to not instigate anyone.

“How about you let the poor farmer girl go and we can talk. These people won’t hurt you, but you have to let her go. Alright?”

Her jaw clenched. She didn’t really have any option. It wasn’t like she could stand in the kitchen all day. Coralie couldn’t say how much she trusted this cop’s word, but quickly decided it was better than nothing.

After a moment, she removed her grip on the ginger.

Witty Wild Witty Wild BeyondDandy BeyondDandy Beleth Beleth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back