• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Birds of Prey: A Gotham City Roleplay

wonderboy1234

The New Boy Wonder
latest

Crime is at a record high in Gotham City. The city's gone to hell and no one seems to be doing anything about it except for a new vigilante. A woman in black, criminals have monikered "The Canary" due to her metahuman ability. The latest Canary sighting having uncannily coincided with the 10th anniversary of the deaths of -Batman, Robin, and their arch-rival, the criminal madman known only as the Joker. Many others still debate whether the caped crusaders' war on crime was right or wrong.

Joker kidnapped a 15-year-old, Jason beat him to death with a crowbar and tried to blow him up. Somehow Jason was barely alive as Batman rushed him to the hospital where emergency surgery was performed by Leslie Thompkins. Batman took the Robin suit so Jason couldn't be identified as Robin, but while Jason was in surgery Batgirl was attacked and Nightwing found her shot through the spine, paralyzed.

So Nightwing and Batman went after the Joker one final time at Ace Chemicals where it began and the two died in an explosion, Batman throwing Nightwing out of the building before Joker could detonate the bomb.

Nightwing then in his grief over the loss of Bruce and the fact he was unable to save Barbara made him give up the Nightwing mantle and instead joined the GCPD. He became a detective in the Gotham Police Department to keep criminals within arms' reach.

Set in a desolate Batman-less Gotham, several years after it has been abandoned by the Dark Knight following his apparent death during his last stand against the Joker after he caused the death of Jason Todd, the second Robin, when he was caught in the crossfire of the war between Batman and Joker following a brutal attack that left Barbara Gordon, Batgirl, paralyzed in a wheelchair.

Since, Gotham has been left to fend for itself and fester like an open wound.

In Batman's absence, Batgirl redefines herself as "Oracle", fighting crime as master of the cyber-realms and trainer to heroes. Without the true guardian of Gotham, Batgirl has enlisted the help of an old friend, Dinah Lance: the Black Canary, a Star City vigilante who’s ex-fiance happens to be Oliver Queen, a billionaire playboy turned crimefighter who dresses up like Robin Hood.

Oracle and the Black Canary have begun taking over Batman's war on crime.

The two are later joined by a teenage girl, Helena Kyle, the secret daughter of Batman and Catwoman, who was placed up for adoption after an attempt was made on her and her mother’s life as a toddler.

The trio becomes the Birds of Prey.

They are joined by their allies:
Alfred Pennyworth, who serves Helena as she is heir to the Wayne estate;
Commissioner James Gordon, Barbara's father and the Veteran police commissioner of Gotham City,
Detective Richard John “Dick” Grayson, former teenage ward of Bruce Wayne and the ex-vigilante Nightwing;
Detective Rene Montoya, Dick’s partner and girlfriend of Kate Kane, the wealthy cousin of Bruce Wayne who secretly fights crime as the vigilante Batwoman.

Together, committing themselves to battling to tie up the Joker's loose ends and defeat Gotham's other criminals.

Characters:

Birds of Prey
Oracle/Barbara Gordon: promqueen promqueen
Black Canary/Dinah Lance: wonderboy1234 wonderboy1234
Huntress/Helena Kyle: wonderboy1234 wonderboy1234

GCPD
Commissioner Gordon: Open
Detective Richard Grayson: wonderboy1234 wonderboy1234
Detective Rene Montoya: Open

Heroes:
Alfred Pennyworth: ChazGhost ChazGhost
Batwoman/Kate Kane: Open
Green Arrow/Oliver Queen: Open

Katana: Killerclown Killerclown
Red Hood: ChazGhost ChazGhost
Timothy Drake: promqueen promqueen

Villains
Black Mask ChazGhost ChazGhost

The Ventriloquist Killerclown Killerclown

Ask about other Canon or OC characters.

Last edited:
I love it! I've never seen an rp solely for the Birds before. So many great characters to choose from; do you mind if I put my interest down for Oracle?

Thinking about, I would like to try my hand as Alfred and the villain I want to play depending on what version of the villains I can play. Though mainly for now it some were on the lines of either Killer Croc, FireFly, or maybe Black Mask. Again it depends on the version of the characters as to who I would choose to play the villain.

I love it! I've never seen an rp solely for the Birds before. So many great characters to choose from; do you mind if I put my interest down for Oracle?

No, I don't mind. I personally haven't taken a claim on anyone yet myself and it was my idea. lol

Thinking about, I would like to try my hand as Alfred and the villain I want to play depending on what version of the villains I can play. Though mainly for now it some were on the lines of either Killer Croc, FireFly, or maybe Black Mask. Again it depends on the version of the characters as to who I would choose to play the villain.

Basically any Batman villain other than the Joker since in this universe he's dead. Though, I'm more personable to Black Mask because he's a prominent mobster in Gotham in most iterations of the comics. Plus I can't dismiss he's gonna be the main antagonist in Margot Robbie's Birds of Prey movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back