Big Alchemicals and Martial Arts

Safim said:
Kindle said:
How would you describe a Warstrider doing a flying leap kick, or a wheel kick, at a normal size opponent? Sure, its allowed, but descriptively, I'm having problems with it. I'm already finding it harder and harder to pull off stunts, simply because I'm so much larger than most of my opponents.
So, I guess the real question I should be asking, is what cool stunts have people pulled off while using a Martial Art in a Warstrider or as a large Alchemical and, more specifically, against smaller opponents? If I can get some cool answers, I might be convinced to go ahead and get the Perfect Lotus Matrix Charm.
Oh, that's easy, crush the earth around them, destroy stuff they are standing on with kicks, pick them up then throw them up a few feet and then give them a flying spinkick. Or in short: Start seeing the stuntadvantages of your size rather then being limited by our usual concept of small framed martial arts fighters.
 For some inspiration, go watch a soccer player dribble (?) a soccer ball all over himself. Or a group of people kicking a bean bag around...
Actually that is freaking awesome.

There is nothing wrong with starting a character at an older age' date=' after all, it allows you to buy a higher Essence sooner rather than later.  I use the 1000 XP sort of as a bench mark.  As an ST, I assume that a heroic mortal or an Exalt will do, on average, one exciting thing a season in their first century of life, gaining them between 2 and 3 XP.  If you assume that the starting character averages at age 20, that means that they will have between 800 and 1200 XP by age 100, with 1000 XP being the average.[/quote']
Interesting point. While I have a rather detailed history of my character, I never asked for, or would've excepted extra exp at the beginning of the campaign, because of my age.

Technically speaking, according to the Players Guide (p.259), players under 250 years old, which I was at the start of the campaign, are only awarded 5 exp for every year of down time. This means that a player would only be awarded about 500 exp for a century of downtime. While I've always thought this was a bit stingy, this is canon and what our ST has been holding us to, when we decide that we need down time. When I run Exalted and plan for down time, I often double the books exp, unless the players are doing something in that down time that wouldn't really earn them a lot, or any, exp, like sitting in a Vat, getting upgraded :wink:, but that's just my own house rule.

For some inspiration' date=' go watch a soccer player dribble (?) a soccer ball all over himself. Or a group of people kicking a bean bag around...[/quote']
I agree with Safim above, great idea. I guess I'll have to start watching some soccer footage. :)

Less soccer footage (of a game) than, say, a soccer player goofing around.
 'Bend it like Beckham' is quite helpful in this regard.
Or you watch a game of the brasilian national team... for them winning the world championship is like playing around :P

Less soccer footage (of a game) than, say, a soccer player goofing around.
 'Bend it like Beckham' is quite helpful in this regard.
I actually saw that movie (I have netflix and it was a slow movie month :wink:). I knew what you meant though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back