• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

[media]

[/media]
Despite the power of the last blast, despite it's magnitude, the machine which birthed it seemed unphased by it's sheer strength. And as quickly as the first, it powered another shot, unsurprisingly.

What couldn't be expected was it's next target. Or targets. It fired a blast from it's mouth at any neighboring town, every neighboring city. Into the woods and valleys, into the plains and plateaus. It fired like lighting building in the clouds above like a tyrant king throwing a fit. The landscape became more and more devastated with every second. Each blast, no matter the distance, seemed to even show a sign of falloff in speed or destructive prowess: Anything it touched turned to ash. It's big, it moves like lighting, and it's impossibly strong.

It was rather clear. No one was safe from this thing. No matter what you tried, there was no running. There was no hiding.

Only to fight and be reduced to Oblivion.

VioletShadow said:
Xenith La Rosia

Xenith, with her attuned senses to blood, could sense the blood before they reached the clearing, as they slowly walked through the thin forest path. Her eyes were alert, as she watched all around her for the source of it. Gazing upon the pitiful pups, as she entered the clearing, strangely, she had an urgent need to save them, as if something was approaching at a rapid pace. She couldn't quite put her finger on the unusual urge, and she pondered it as she replied to Jah'Ri. "I'd like to take them with us, though...I'm not sure if they'd like me." Generally, vampires weren't good with animals, and she knew this. But she'd try her best, as she felt attracted to the little wolves.

Suddenly, a loud roar shook the forest, causing birds to fly from trees and animals to scamper away. The wolves began to panic, as they struggled to pull their mother away. Slowly, with low growls, a gigantic brown bear appeared from the dark shadows of the shrubbery, prodding closer and closer to the wolves. A large scar was present on it's face, with bruises and cuts all over it's body. Finally, a realization hits her, as she realizes that the mother wolf and the bear had a battle, with the wolf forced to run away. Abruptly, the mother wolf rises her head and starts howling at her children. The twin pups bark back, and it appears they refuse their mother's order, by standing by her body. It's obvious they're scared, their legs shake uncontrollably, but they glare back at the bear as it approaches.

Slowly putting down her satchel, her eyes glow a bright crimson red, as a blood red flame appears above her hand. Focusing her will, she summons an orb to materialize around it, with dark cryptic symbols to swirl around the mysterious ball. Aiming carefully, she suddenly shoots the ball at the gigantic bear, causing the orb to suddenly grow massively and surround the target, and powerful flames to burn inside. After flinching from the pain, the bear quickly smashes the giant shell surrounding it, and charges in her direction. A sudden wisp of freezing temperatures hits her body, and with a little smile, she moves out of the way for Nio to make his move. Watching him concentrate, she watches in fascination as a giant ice wall appears which the bear charges through, only for it's limbs to be slowly frozen. Through sheer willpower, the bear continues on and attempts to attack the one who hasn't done any painful damage yet, Jah'Ri.

@DergTheDergon <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
DergTheDergon said:
Jah'Ri nodded as Xenith made her concerned remark regarding the wolves, her reptilian expression thoughtful as she brought a claw up to her chin. She opened her mouth to continue speculating on what the trio could do for the poor soon-to-be-motherless pups, only to hear a roar and instinctively look sharply in that direction, all her limbs tensing in tandem, sniffing the air like a predator sniffing for pray. It was a bear, which Jah'Ri knew before it appeared by its scent. She had gotten to know the scents of all common creatures to this area as she lived in the nearby town for the past year.
Jah'Ri readied herself to pounce as soon as the bear showed itself, insinctually zoning out the cries of the wolf mother, and even Xenith and Nio's attacks, focusing on finding the right moment to strike. Xenith's spell hit the bear first, and Jah'Ri tensed as it easily broke through her magical shell. She readied herself to lunge at the beast again, but stayed back as she felt the chill of Nio's magic. As a primarily melee combatant, Jah'Ri now saw that Xenith and Nio's magics may prove to be problematic for her in some fights, due to her need to get close to the enemy. Not in this particular encounter though, as the bear, enraged by its surely immense pain, began charging towards her.

Without even a moment's hesitation, Jah'Ri matched the bear's charge by leaping forward using her powerful reptilian legs, jetting maw-fire straight into the bear's face and neck. Once she had closed the distance between them, she latched onto the bear and wrapped her claws and teeth about the bears neck, digging in and going for the killing blow, trying to pin it underneath her by digging her claws into the ground and pushing down all the while. In situations like this, Jah'Ri was in her element. The only thing she was ever sure of is how much she can handle in battle.

@VioletShadow <3<3<3<3<3<3 (I wonder how long we can keep this going xD )
@Scrapmaster[/URL] @rusticyawn
D͘a̴̛r̡̕ḱ͘ńe̴͢ś͡s͝ ͞͠of̕͢͡ ̀̀͝wor̷d ͟f͏͞r̸̛o͡m͘͢ ̧ą̀ ͢b̷e̶͝i̸ń͢g̛͠ u̴̴n̸k҉̶̧ǹ̴ơw̢n̷,̴̷̴ ̶̧ít̶̨͏ r̷̀e̡͞s̢̧t̸s̷͠ ̧͟i͡͏͢n̴ ̴̵yo̸͢u̢r͞ ͜͟͞e͢a̛r̵͠͏s̨͘͠,̴̵̀ ̸͜i̸t̢͘'̸́s ̢e͡n̡e̸rg̷y͘ ̴͏l̸͠ik͟e͝ ̕f̴́͡į̶͟l͠m҉ ̴̢on͏̵͟ ́͝yo̶u̸͢ŕ ̡s̴̀k̡͜͡in̷̵̶,̀ ̀an͢͠d ͜͡i͏͘ţ'̛s̷̨͡ ̧m͟͝è̵͟s̵̷̀s̸̵̀à̧͜g͡͏͟e̵ ̨̧cl҉̶e̛à̢̛r̷̢:̀͘͠

̢́

̕͘

̢͜F̵o̵oli̴s͟h̷͟͠ p̛͝͡a̕̕w̵̧ń̢̛s҉҉̷.̧̛̕

̵̀͝

͝Y҉̡ǫú t͏̧͡h͠i̷̷n͡k ̡͜f̡͜or͝ ͟y̨o҉u̶̢͞r̡s̵̸͞e͜l̶͡f̨, ͢a̕͞n̕͞d̶ ́͏y͘͏o͘͡u̢ ͝͝ŗ͟ún̢.͠.̴͡.̕ ̷̨M͜͡ay̵̕b́e̢ ̴͘Į̛ ̨s̴h͜͡ò͞u̶͏l̕d ́le͟t͢͟ ̵̡t͢hą̀t ̶b̶͞a҉b̷o̢̕͢o̸͝n̢ ̶̡e̶͝ŕ̴a҉ş̛͞è̢ ̶y͡҉̨ou ̴̸͏a͏̢͠s ̴̀h̨e̛ ̀s͡o͜ ͏͡p̵̀l̨a̷͞n̴s͡.̧͘ Ỳ̡o̧ų̛͟ ̷á͢r̵͟e̴͟ ̵͏m̀o͜͠͏r̨͜ę͜ ̴͘po͡͞w͜͝e͞r̕҉fu͘͜͡l͏ ̴̕t̡̀h̛͡a̵̛n̵͠ ̷͘àn̵̕ỳt̸ḩ͝i̕͟͞ǹ͝g͞,̨̡̢ ̢y̵e̴͘t ҉y͏o҉̡ú͡ ̀c̸̛͝o̡ẃȩ͞r ̛̛i̢n ͘͜f̸̧eà͘r̨̡͡. ̀̕͏Y͢͡o͡u͝ ̷͞ĺ͟ay͘͝ ̸̀҉d҉̨o̷͏̷w҉n͢ ̸̕͞a͡nd͢ ̴ać͡c̀҉͜eṕ̴t҉͘͢ ̴de͜f̕e̷̶at̴̸͢. ͘͏͡

̴҉Fi͡g͘ht ҉o̷̕r͞͝ ̕͢D̴͟͟i̷e̷͠. ̶͝I w͢i̵̷ll ͞n̕͠o͢t͏̵ ͢a̵̡l҉̧l͡o̷̧ẁ̷̢ ̸̢yo̴̸̧u̶ t̵͟͝o͘͟͞ ŕ̷̢u̵̡ǹ̨ ̨he͟ŕe̵. F͟i̸͡g҉̨h̸t o̴̧͠r̶͝ ̧͜bę e̷̴l͢i̶min̴͟a͏t͏ed ̕a͠s̵̴͘ ̕͞y̸͘ou͏̨͘ ̴s͘͢o͞ se͜͡e͞͡m͏ ̷̷͝ţo̢͏͜ w̕͢ì̧s͝h́ ͏̧t̢͟ǫ͠ ́h͏͘á̢p̷҉̸p̶è̡͞n̸.҉

"it's been-..." without really thinking about it, fia had almost reassured him things had been good, but the truth was, they hadn't. they had expended so much of themselves trying to help restore the poor town and to help it's citizens, and in the end, anyone they'd actually managed to help, anyone they'd even met in their time here, probably hadn't even survived the blast. instead of finishing her statement, fia merely grimaced, unintentionally giving away her feelings without ever having to said a word. her face only further darkened with hektor attention towards the threat at hand, a monster much bigger than she could ever could have imagined. it menacingly watched them from a distance, looming like a predator waiting in the grass. fia gripped the sides of her dress anxiously, greatly perturbed by the revelation.

as uncomfortable as she now was, she waited while nicol spoke on their behalf, her teeth gritting softly as she nervously considered the situation. she really didn't understand nicol's sentiment - if that thing was just sitting there, waiting to strike again, why would they want to run? what good would it even do? fia remembered all too well the monster from more than a year ago - it annihilated droves of fighters in an instant and nearly took out all of cobblelock not long afterward. if this monster was even half as strong as it's size suggested in comparison, it surely had the capacity to do something even worse. hell, it already had. "nicol," fia began pointedly. she turned to face him, her eyes wearing her feelings of disappointment and disbelief on her sleeve. "we... can't." she looked down, a hand moving to her chest. she breathed a shallow breath, and shook her head, her eyes rising back to meet his.

"we can't give it anymore time to attack like that again," she says firmly, determinedly. she gives nicol a resolute look, making it obvious she would not be swayed. she believes it, and herself, absolutely. but as she turns her away from him and back towards hektor, her resolve falters for a moment, her sure look by a nervous frown. this wasn't easy for her to say to stay. even knowing for sure this was something she had to do, the words were starting to feel like poison lingering in her mouth. there was always a possibility she could be wrong, and she couldn't bear the thought of even be possibly wrong about this. to even potentially be forcing nicol's hand and getting him do something that would lead to him to his death. but she had been told that her power could make a difference. that she herself could potentially make the difference. she wouldn't waste time this time, and she certainly wouldn't hide behind people who didn't have a choice. she swallows hard.

"i'm coming with you. nobody's getting hurt for my sake," she says quietly, folding her arms together and looking up towards hektor. she wasn't bitter with nicol for wanting to leave. she knew he thought it was for the best, and if she thought it would be the safer or more viable choice, she'd ask him to go herself. but she had made up her mind. she was staying to fight, for better or worse. she would defeat this monster, or die trying.

@Jofune Tsurabisu

Last edited by a moderator:
rusticyawn said:

fia strast

"it's been-..." without really thinking about it, fia had almost reassured him things had been good, but the truth was, they hadn't. they had expended so much of themselves trying to help restore the poor town and to help it's citizens, and in the end, anyone they'd actually managed to help, anyone they'd even met in their time here, probably hadn't even survived the blast. instead of finishing her statement, fia merely grimaced, unintentionally giving away her feelings without ever having to said a word. her face only further darkened with hektor attention towards the threat at hand, a monster much bigger than she could ever could have imagined. it menacingly watched them from a distance, looming like a predator waiting in the grass. fia gripped the sides of her dress anxiously, greatly perturbed by the revelation.

as uncomfortable as she now was, she waited while nicol spoke on their behalf, her teeth gritting softly as she nervously considered the situation. she really didn't understand nicol's sentiment - if that
thing was just sitting there, waiting to strike again, why would they want to run? what good would it even do? fia remembered all too well the monster from more than a year ago - it annihilated droves of fighters in an instant and nearly took out all of cobblelock not long afterward. if this monster was even half as strong as it's size suggested in comparison, it surely had the capacity to do something even worse. hell, it already had. "nicol," fia began pointedly. she turned to face him, her eyes wearing her feelings of disappointment and disbelief on her sleeve. "we... can't." she looked down, a hand moving to her chest. she breathed a shallow breath, and shook her head, her eyes rising back to meet his.

"we can't give it anymore time to attack like that again," she says firmly, determinedly. she gives nicol a resolute look, making it obvious she would not be swayed. she believes it, and herself, absolutely. but as she turns her away from him and back towards hektor, her resolve falters for a moment, her sure look by a nervous frown. this wasn't easy for her to say to stay. even knowing for sure this was something she had to do, the words were starting to feel like poison lingering in her mouth. there was always a possibility she could be wrong, and she couldn't bear the thought of even be possibly wrong about this. to even potentially be forcing nicol's hand and getting him do something that would lead to him to his death. but she had been told that her power could make a difference. that she herself could potentially make the difference. she wouldn't waste time this time, and she certainly wouldn't hide behind people who didn't have a choice. she swallows hard.

"i'm coming with you. nobody's getting hurt for my sake," she says quietly, folding her arms together and looking up towards hektor. she wasn't bitter with nicol for wanting to leave. she knew he thought it was for the best, and if she thought it would be the safer or more viable choice, she'd ask him to go herself. but she had made up her mind. she was staying to fight, for better or worse. she would defeat this monster, or die trying.

(I would like it noted that forcing my character to fight is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. That is all.)

Nicol started to weigh his options as the monster fired wildly everywhere. Then Fia found her resolve to stay and fight. Bolstered perhaps by the appearance of an old friend. Nicol wanted to protect Fia, but she was right, Hektor was right, hell the world was wrong. It all made no sense. Where was the military, or someone equipped to deal with something of this magnitude. Or has the world fallen into such a state that even people of unknown origin has to take up the sword. "Fine, Me and Fia will fight. But understand this. My goal is not to defeat the monster, my goal is to keep her safe. and if we do infact bring it down, then me and her are out of here." he said flatly as he he curled his burned hand into a fist. It stung and smarted, but he felt confident he could use it with some degree of success. "I guess we really have no choice but to fight something we have no chance of beating. I am sorry Fia, I really wished we could have escaped together." he said as he turned his back to the situation. He began drawing an intricate circle on the ground. "Fia, step inside the circle. I will take us close enough to get a grasp of what we are dealing with." he said with a smile as the circle glowed.

@Scrapmaster @rusticyawn

@Scrapmaster[/URL] @rusticyawn
(I mean you can still run, but you're leaving the fate of the entire 3000k KM radius up to about 7 people. It would literally be a miracle if they survived without serious, if not fatal, injury's on all of them, and if that thing lives now, it can only get stronger and continue to come after the world. It's up to you to fight this thing or not but your odds decrease as you evade life when it comes for you.)

NeverBetter said:
(I mean you can still run, but you're leaving the fate of the entire 3000k KM radius up to about 7 people. It would literally be a miracle if they survived without serious, if not fatal, injury's on all of them, and if that thing lives now, it can only get stronger and continue to come after the world. It's up to you to fight this thing or not but your odds decrease as you evade life when it comes for you.)
(its not that Nicol wont ever fight it, but my character is a bit fresh and wet behind the ears. Most of the 7 fighters have been in the realm for a year, Nicol just woke up yesterday. easier terms: a level 1 vs. a level 100, but given some time, and character development, nicol could try and fight him when he gets a better grasp of himself. But we will play it your way for now, my dear friend.)

(Fia's the most overpowered out of all of us, because of the Grace of NB's RNG system she got so many powerups it ain't even funny. She'l get us through this ;) )

Puella'Avis was stunned to silence. it was all gone. everything. Who would do such a thing and I? she didn't know but it had a be stopped. She wouldn't allow such a thing to take the freedoms of all beings around her... It was unnatural. Puella'Avis began running towards the strange machine in this strange world. as she gained speed she felt the wind behind her back as she magically and instantly vaporized I to the wind as it carried her farther and faster to her enemy. In another moment she rematerialized into her human form and instantly threw a wind blasts towards the machine. while constantly moving around it. She threw a mist up for cover and then unleashed a hurricane in rapid secession. Her movements where precise, and fast like the wind, and fluid like water. To most it would seem like she was dancing with leaps and twirls but Puella'Avis knew to keep her momentum up to increase the damage. While She did that, Liber swirled above surveying the enemy machines to communicate back with Puella'Avis. Puella'Avis looked around seeing the scattered remnants of those that survived the blasts, and with a whisper she sent a message threw the wind. "Help me." it pleaded.

@Scrapmaster @Jofune Tsurabisu @rusticyawn @DergTheDergon @VioletShadow @Yuffie Kisaragi @NeverBetter

MsPolite said:
Puella'Avis was stunned to silence. it was all gone. everything. Who would do such a thing and I? she didn't know but it had a be stopped. She wouldn't allow such a thing to take the freedoms of all beings around her... It was unnatural. Puella'Avis began running towards the strange machine in this strange world. as she gained speed she felt the wind behind her back as she magically and instantly vaporized I to the wind as it carried her farther and faster to her enemy. In another moment she rematerialized into her human form and instantly threw a wind blasts towards the machine. while constantly moving around it. She threw a mist up for cover and then unleashed a hurricane in rapid secession. Her movements where precise, and fast like the wind, and fluid like water. To most it would seem like she was dancing with leaps and twirls but Puella'Avis knew to keep her momentum up to increase the damage. While She did that, Liber swirled above surveying the enemy machines to communicate back with Puella'Avis. Puella'Avis looked around seeing the scattered remnants of those that survived the blasts, and with a whisper she sent a message threw the wind. "Help me." it pleaded.
@Scrapmaster @Jofune Tsurabisu @rusticyawn @DergTheDergon @VioletShadow @Yuffie Kisaragi @NeverBetter
For some reason, Nicol thought he heard a voice on the wind. And it was needing help. Then he seen the woman start to clash with the giant thing. Putting two and two together triggered a flash in his head. A man in golden armor, with engraved leaves standing before a ruined alabaster gate, that a giant monster had just wrecked. The man drew his sword and charged the monster, while pointing the sword forward. In a flash the armored man was gone, and the monster was falling down, to be finished off by the gathered soldiers. Nicol decided this was the best and probably last course of action he will be taking.

"Fia, I will create an opening, once that happens, just blast the monster, just like you shown me you could." he looked at Fia. He wanted her to be safe, but it looked like that was just not going to be possible. "Also, Fia, If it gets bad, just try and get away. Just go, and don't look back." he said, almost teary eyed. Then he nodded to Hektor and drew his sword. And then he ran towards the monster, drawing in the last of his magic. A glowing point formed at the tip of his sword as the raw emotion welled up inside him. He screamed as the glowing point formed a cone around the sword. As he pushed forward, the breath burning in his body, his body is being draped with the green and white light forming a huge cone that is eating a ditch through debris, a little of the ground and anything in its path. Finally his body vanishes into the bullet arrow of light, just seconds before it makes impact with the monsters leg. The resulting explosion could be felt all around. Nicol was nowhere to be seen...

@rusticyawn @Scrapmaster @DergTheDergon @VioletShadow @Yuffie Kisaragi @NeverBetter @MsPolite

- Xicor - The cyborg commando - cobbleblock.

"Weapon systems...online...long distance connectivity...online...Music...online." The Mech's systems were fully rebooted and came back online, as well as Xicor's dubstep music he made...it was a passtime, whenever he was away from work, he'd just compose some music...for himself to hear, it helped him concentrate better listening to it.

With a flick of a switch and the pull of a lever The Mech's thrusters boosted forward, sending the mech, named "White Glint" at insane speeds forward in a dash, before desacellerating into a high speed, close to the ground flight. It was capable of temporary flight, but it wasn't a flying ship.

"That thing is the same as the schematics a year ago, animal retrofitted with technology...I got an Idea." And with a flick of his screen and a swipe of his hand, a secondary screen came up in his control panel. It showed a scanner like feature as he looked at the Chimera mech and scanned it. Quickly checking to see if there was any sort of communication device, or anything that could be connected to within it. And if there was such a thing Xicor would use his Biotech animal schematics's knowledge he cracked a year ago, which he also had saved in his internal databanks, and his Technomancy skill to connect to the Chimera and...attempt a shutdown, well not exactly a shutdown, but it would be more of a stun more than anything, if he could disable it long enough for everyone to attack it...they'd have a chance.

(Tl:DR: Xicor attempted a hack into the chimera mech and uploaded trash data into it in order to disorient it and stun it basically. To Disrupt it long enough for everyone to attack it.)

- Hanz - Calamity awakened - Ruins of cobbleblock, engaging the chimera.

"It didn't even aknowledge our previous attack..." Hanz spoke frustrated, his voice echoing from his calamity form as he grunted.

"This god damn DM man...Does he even read our responses?" Magatsu Izan spoke from within Hanz's subconscious, it left him confused at how random it seemed.

"What?" Hanz spoke confused as he began charging energy again.

"Oh nothing, nothing...now...charge your power...and strike it with all you got! CUT ONE OF ITS FUCKING HEADS OFF!" M-Izan shouted at Hanz as he nodded as he replied with an "I'l try!" As more of the dark aura began being channeled around him and he regained the power he used in his previous, ignored attack.

He quickly dashed forward, becoming a blur from such high velocity, only a crimson red trail of energy could be seen in his wake as he flew towards the beast.

Quickly closing the distance he dashed upwards towards one of its heads, ending up above it as he held his sword upwards, as it was shrouded in dark energy as he came crashing down with a devastating slash at one of the Chimera's heads.

- Hektor - The gentleman - Ruins of cobblebloc - [style: Storm prince. (Developed style in the one year timeskip)].

While Nicol dashed in a bright flash and show of magic and energy, Hektor began walking towards the best, using his cane to help him walk. Almost as if he was trying to show off his style and class to all of those near him, but in truth he was charging wind energy. As he walked, more and more wind began to spiral around him, almost like creating a mini tornade around him, Holding onto his tophat so it doesn't fly off from the wind force.

In a moment, Hektor was walking, in the next he was running with the power of wind behind him, he wasn't exactly running, he was more jumping with the wind, traveling with it behind him as he accumulated a nice speed, capable of reaching the Chimera's other, since Nicol attacked one leg, Hektor figured he'd try to hit the other as hard as he could. Utilizing his custom made style, Storm prince, which focused on swift, devastating swings, supercharged with wind magic only, no lightning or anything.

Hektor's run stopped a few meters away from the beast's leg, With all the wind focusing on his cane and spiraling around it, making the cane look more like a large tornade which Hektor held with his right hand as he slashed, a crescent wave of wind, was sent forth, to come crashing onto the beast's leg and possibly deal heavy damage. It was composed of extremely accelerated, condensed wind within the blade, most of the wind was spent on the attack, the leftovers would be used to boost his dodging ability in case the beast attempted to retaliate.

(Video demonstrating what the attack composed of mostly, ripped straight from a dark souls 3 boss. But with a cane instead of a greatsword ;) )

[media]

[/media]

Somrene, came up upon the mighty spider. It was indeed very large, but it had not been so long ago that he had forgotten fighting robots as large as skyscrapers. This would be nothing comparatively. As Somrene neared the target, he leaped into the air. Soaring high above the spider bot, the Gigant withdrew his hammer.

~~~~

Caesar sighed, looking down to the ground. Really? Fucking... Ah well screw it. He turned around, and started hoofing it the other way. He'd be running for a while though, that much he was pretty sure of. After all, he had been going in the exact opposite direction not long ago. He watched as the others began to deal blows. After fighting with them for so long, he was used to the show. He had something that could help didn't he? As he ran, Caesar pulled the tome from it's holster on his belt He flicked through the pages, not hesitating in his sprint. "Ah here it is. Bravery!" He cried, casting the buff upon his teammates that were on the ridge. It was nothing too complex, just a physical strength boost, but he was certain it would help at least a little.

~~~~

Somrene felt emboldened, the familiar grasp of Caesar's spell. He was thankful, and glad that the Innkeeper had survived thus far. He descended upon the spider bot, swinging his hammer down with effort straight onto the top of the thing, the spell and his own strength surely would make a dent. As he did so, he sent a localized tremor into the earth, hopefully disturbing the spiders' footing. It might mess up his friends a little, but he trusted that they could regain their balance easier than a giant eight footed robot.

~~~~

Lyon followed Tolan's gaze to the enemy. It was big... There was no denying that. She smiled lightly to the man. "We've killed more dangerous ones. This one just got a surprise round is all." Lyon said, forcing a joke. Honestly... The damage and carnage all around them. It was disturbing. She knew these townspeople, some were her friends. They had cared for her, giving her a home when she had nowhere else to go. The Bloodsummoner would never forget their kindness. That's why they had to avenge them now. Lyon stood up now, clutching Uzpeni in her hand. She shifted to Black Blood, the dark clothing covering her. "Race you." She said, then took off, dashing with the enhanced speed of the form towards the enemy.

@Scrapmaster @NeverBetter @rusticyawn @Jofune Tsurabisu @MsPolite

fia clenched a fist tightly at nicol's answer. somewhere in the back of her mind, she had thought knowing nicol would be coming with her would bring her some sort of peace, but it just hadn't. she knew there was no point in him running, but it didn't mean the he was any safer with her, either. even the fact he was with her was a small comfort when she considered the danger they all faced. "i am sorry fia, i really wished we could have escaped together." a chill runs down fia's spine at nicol's words, a momentary feeling of absolute horror running through her all at once as she truly realizes for the first time just how close the two of them were to an unimaginable danger. she blinked as she looked up at him, thinking about saying anything to that wouldn't leave him feeling so hopeless. after a few moments, she steps forward into the circle without a word. she wasn't good with them, and the ones that mattered would would be the ones that came after. if there was an 'after'.

"help me." fia blinked, hearing a soft feminine voice calling to her, almost as if it was beside her. confused, she reflexively looked up, towards the sight of the monster. as she did, she wasn't sure what she was seeing. bursts of wind clashed and tore at the surface of it, coming from seemingly random points at first. on a closer look, however, she could just see a silhouette moving amongst the chaos, disappearing and reappearing with the changing winds. it was a breathtaking sight, if not a bit worrying. 'does she need the help...?' her attentions move away from the stranger and back to nicol. "an opening?" she parrots purposefully, nonetheless beginning to prepare. as nicol looked to her, she began pulling the minisun out of her strapped on bag, dutifully focused on the task at hand. like a magician pulling a never-ending rope of cloth from a hat, she carefully began to conjure ropes of flame from the little minisun, the entity's ever-present heat aiding fia in creating more fire of her own. consumed in the process of creation, fia's eyes widened, almost having missed what nicol had said to her.

"nicol...?" the flames around her ruffled as she caught a glimpse at his disappearing face. fia could have sworn he looked... sad? fia couldn't understand it. it seemed like nicol was always composed. even when they had fought alongside each other in the town's many border skirmishes, fia couldn't remember him wearing a face like that. fia stiffened, trying to continue her preparations through her confusion. she watches him as he goes, a tense foreboding feeling worsening on her with each step he takes towards it. it reaches it peak once nicol's sword begins to glow, but fia can only wait and watch stunned as all at once nicol begins, once again, into a burst of bright light. "nicol?!" the flames all around her flicker and pop as she reaches forward for him, trying to stop whatever it was that was happening to him, but it was already far too late. the ground shook, nearly throwing fia to her knees, and when fia jerked her head back up, this light was gone, nicol nowhere to be found.

"nicol?" fia's voice started out strong but weakened as she spoke his name. she could feel herself shaking ever so slightly, incredulous and afraid of the reality of what had just happened. when she had been with him before, she had not seem him disappear like he had just now, but had seen it all for herself. like the monster from a year before blasting away crowds of oren fighters, nicol had disappeared in a blast of light at the foot of yet another terrifying creature. without being able to know what for sure had happened, what had happened or what this meant for nicol, anger began to fill the gaps. this wasn't fair. these things could just destroy anything, everything she cared for, so quickly. fia hadn't been able to keep one thing for herself since she'd awoken - her friends, cobblelock, and now maybe even nicol, again. she couldn't take it.

the fire that had gathered around her started to gather and grow even higher. a righteous feeling of fury began to flood her over once again. she was so tired of this. they came together, lines of flames erupting leading into a bright, glowing superheated point. she would finish what nicol had started. with a yell, the flames that had gathered exploded forth from her hands and out towards the opening nicol had made. as she did, the ground around her shook and moved beneath her feet, so fia immediately began to fall back, only readying herself again as she waited for the inevitable impact. tears dripped and fell off her face as she ran, still overwhelmed with all of the fear and anger and grief she still had left. this had to do something. she had to have done something.

@NeverBetter

Every strike sent for the machine seemed to bounce off, like as if one were to try to skip stones in order to attack a hydra. every slash, every jab, every blast, fruitless.

In no time at all, the land was devastated, nothing could possibly exist on the pile of rubble this machine was creating as the chimera of a machine began to move from it's original placement to hit more targets.

It was clear: They had no out.

Something they might not of noticed, however: Every strike, every move, felt like they weren't actually hitting something: There was no impact, no recoil, just the hardy "thud" against the machine's hull.

Perception Xicor notices his machine's UI is foggy; despite trying to access certain functions, the machine stays it's course.

Perception Somrone notices his body is lacking the precision motion that it normally does, it feels almost sluggish.

Perception (failed) Caeser notices nothing out of place. (Debuff: Oblivious added for minor fail, will wear off quickly)

Perception Nicol notices that despite the blasts occasionally seeming comb over where they stood, no one even seemed phased by a blast which looked like a direct hit.

Perception Fia notices the machine's knees buckling under each blast, this may be useful down the line.

No others rolled a success or failure which yielded any other effects.

Whatever was going on, it seems they're not a part of it...

NeverBetter said:
Every strike sent for the machine seemed to bounce off, like as if one were to try to skip stones in order to attack a hydra. every slash, every jab, every blast, fruitless.
In no time at all, the land was devastated, nothing could possibly exist on the pile of rubble this machine was creating as the chimera of a machine began to move from it's original placement to hit more targets.

It was clear: They had no out.

Something they might not of noticed, however: Every strike, every move, felt like they weren't actually hitting something: There was no impact, no recoil, just the hardy "thud" against the machine's hull.

Perception Xicor notices his machine's UI is foggy; despite trying to access certain functions, the machine stays it's course.

Perception Somrone notices his body is lacking the precision motion that it normally does, it feels almost sluggish.

Perception (failed) Caeser notices nothing out of place. (Debuff: Oblivious added for minor fail, will wear off quickly)

Perception Nicol notices that despite the blasts occasionally seeming comb over where they stood, no one even seemed phased by a blast which looked like a direct hit.

Perception Fia notices the machine's knees buckling under each blast, this may be useful down the line.

No others rolled a success or failure which yielded any other effects.

Whatever was going on, it seems they're not a part of it...
(Did my hit even register on one of its legs?)

Nicol crashed hard. The spell flickered out before consuming his life as was its intended purpose. It would have damn near destroyed that thing, in exchange for his life. But All it managed to do was make him even more tired. Standing he watched blasts that should have ended his life rain down from the metal beast. He scratched his head as he felt the heat rushing from behind him. It was Fia and her marvelous fire. The same fire that would consume him if he did not throw himself out of the way. Which he did. He hefted his sword and tried to figure this thing out. That led to him having a headache. He walked back to Fia, unable to do much, then with a sheepish smile he sat next to her. "Well that did not work." he said as he watched her spray fire like an angry dragon mother. He really needed a nap, but he at least tried to do something.

@rusticyawn @NeverBetter

once she had deemed herself a far enough distance, she only looked back up to the robot to find disappointment. there was something very unsatisfying about the way her attack landed at the knees of the giant behemoth - only a dull 'thud' resounded out as the flames dispersed from the hull, seemingly having done nothing in their attempt. no... to say that they hadn't done anything didn't seem quite right. she couldn't be certain it was the multitude of attacks being launched on the thing, but it's knees seemed to be having more and more trouble keeping up with each new strike. maybe. fia's nostrils flared in frustration at the resilience of this thing. this was disgustingly unfair. the surrounding area was all but dust at her feet, but this abomination stood proudly without a scratch. flames flared into existence and circled as her anger grew once again. one more time, ten more times... if she was doing anything at all, she'd keep at it, no matter how long it would take.

as the fire around her swirled and snaked around, she positioned her feet, readying herself to attack again. just as she was about to try, however, she was startled by a sudden, close sound. "well, that did not work." fia nearly tripped over herself and the concentrated fire she had gathered immediately scattered apart, reflexively fleeing away from the source as soon as fia realized what it sounded like. her eyes were wide as her face snapped toward his direction, the flames swiping around to cover her side. "nicol!?" she yelped, looking over him incredulously. what the hell was this? she wasn't sure how to feel now seeing that he was sitting right here, seemingly untouched. she gripped at her dress, her face giving a conflicted, pained look. and then, she rushed forward towards him, with enough unintentional force to almost nearly knock him over.

"stop doing that!" she cried furiously, her arms wrapping tightly around his shoulders. she couldn't help but tremble lightly as she held him close to her, letting out a nervous, relieved laugh. she just couldn't believe he was here with her once again, the second time today she had been so sure she'd lost him. she gripped his coat tightly, feeling it's rough fabric once again between her fingers. he was really right here, really right beneath her and still living and breathing. things would be alright. the flames that had been burning so brightly glowed only faintly as they slowly circled them now. "are you ok?" she asked quietly.

@Jofune Tsurabisu

rusticyawn said:

fia strast

once she had deemed herself a far enough distance, she only looked back up to the robot to find disappointment. there was something very unsatisfying about the way her attack landed at the knees of the giant behemoth - only a dull 'thud' resounded out as the flames dispersed from the hull, seemingly having done nothing in their attempt. no... to say that they hadn't done anything didn't seem quite right. she couldn't be certain it was the multitude of attacks being launched on the thing, but it's knees seemed to be having more and more trouble keeping up with each new strike. maybe. fia's nostrils flared in frustration at the resilience of this thing. this was disgustingly unfair. the surrounding area was all but dust at her feet, but this abomination stood proudly without a scratch. flames flared into existence and circled as her anger grew once again. one more time, ten more times... if she was doing anything at all, she'd keep at it, no matter how long it would take.

as the fire around her swirled and snaked around, she positioned her feet, readying herself to attack again. just as she was about to try, however, she was startled by a sudden, close sound.
"well, that did not work." fia nearly tripped over herself and the concentrated fire she had gathered immediately scattered apart, reflexively fleeing away from the source as soon as fia realized what it sounded like. her eyes were wide as her face snapped toward his direction, the flames swiping around to cover her side. "nicol!?" she yelped, looking over him incredulously. what the hell was this? she wasn't sure how to feel now seeing that he was sitting right here, seemingly untouched. she gripped at her dress, her face giving a conflicted, pained look. and then, she rushed forward towards him, with enough unintentional force to almost nearly knock him over.

"stop doing that!" she cried furiously, her arms wrapping tightly around his shoulders. she couldn't help but tremble lightly as she held him close to her, letting out a nervous, relieved laugh. she just couldn't believe he was here with her once again, the second time today she had been so sure she'd lost him. she gripped his coat tightly, feeling it's rough fabric once again between her fingers. he was really right here, really right beneath her and still living and breathing. things would be alright. the flames that had been burning so brightly glowed only faintly as they slowly circled them now. "are you ok?" she asked quietly.

Nicol tiredly caught her and held her close. He almost DID fall over. "Hey, I tried to end it for you to be safe, but I do not think that thing can be beaten by normal or magical means. But I have an Idea..Gather me up some rope." he said as he held her close. "I am fine girl, Ih ave no more magic, not for a while, but still I am in fact alive." he said trying to play it off as a non issue, but deep down he too was glad to see her again.

"I think, if I can climb one of its legs, I want to see up close what we are dealing with." He proposed. "So keep it from doing anything, and do not worry, those blasts it fires are for show mostly. Kind of strange, I should have been dust, but it was as if...." he stopped, as he tried to put the thought together. "Look, let me get up on that thing, and I need you to find that Hektor guy. If I can get on it, I will see what is going on, and he can help deal with it accordingly." Nicol said as he stretched and popped his aching body. "Besides, I cant leave you alone." he said as he gathered some rope, and found a couple of bent, nearly ruined swords. He fashioned the rope into a climbing rope by tying knots at two foot intervals along the length, getting more rope and continuing until he had enough, he thought. Taking the ruined swords, he fashioned a sort of hook to climb with. And thus he was (in)adequately prepared to scale the leg that has not moved an inch. The same leg that resisted his attack.

(Roll to see if I can climb the leg and at least get to the first leg joint up. I am assuming it is arachnid designed, so 8 legs with a hip joint and knee joint and ankle/foot joint. I will be attempting to get to knee height before moving up further.)

@rusticyawn @NeverBetter @Scrapmaster

fia sighed, letting go of nicol and hopping back up to her feet. hearing that nearly disappearing in a burst of bright light forever was his idea didn't exactly make her feel any better. (worse, in fact.) she had already said she didn't want someone else getting hurt for her sake, and certainly not nicol. but, for the moment, she figured maaaybeee there were more important things. by some stroke of luck or act of fate, he was still here. which, was more than she could hope for, what with nothing else in the area even existing in recognizable form anymore. "alright," she droned melodramatically, getting off to it. she didn't really like putting off the conversation, but she scrambled to the task, grabbing whatever rope she could find for whatever nicol had in mind. she wasn't keen on it, whatever it was, but they were obligated to do something, and he couldn't do any worse than what he had been about to do.

she darted from spot to spot, trying to pick up anything she could find out in the open. "climb it?" she repeated questioningly, a slightly skeptical look on her face as she picked up a length of rope. did he really think that would help? nothing was going to rival what'd he'd done for dangerousness, but this seemed pretty up there. she continued on, but a little more reluctantly than she had been. when he mentioned that the blasts weren't really doing anything, though, she perked her head up and looked around, interest piqued. sure enough, another wave spread out right around them; absolutely nothing. to them, anyway - the environment was becoming increasingly worse for wear, but on the people around and themselves, not a scratch. 'that doesn't seem... right?' she found herself looking around again, touching a hand to her head. this was... a little disorientating. 'what's going on?' it didn't seem like something she'd have to ask herself, but something suddenly felt kinda off about this whole scenario now that nicol had pointed that out.

she tried to shake it off, giving one last look around before rushing back to nicol with what she'd gathered. she couldn't really say for sure why she was feeling the way she was, but it could wait. even if they weren't getting hurt, she could see blasts hitting places an incredible distance off. it seemed irresponsible to waste more time worrying about it. she hands what she's found over to nicol. "okay...?" she says, slightly confused by his request, but still nodding, glancing to the direction of where she'd seen hektor last. "besides, i can't leave you alone." for a brief moment, her eyes look suddenly serious, her brow furrowing, before she turned, running off to look for hektor without another word. 'jeez, that guy...!' how could he say something like that after he had just about done just that! it didn't make any sense to her. still, she ran as fast as she could, covering her as she looked for hektor's figure amongst the chaos. she didn't really get why she was looking for hektor, either, but she didn't really mind. maybe hektor would talk some sense into him, anyhow.

a little faster than she had expected, she spots what's she thinks is hektor, a little ways off from her. she cupped her hands over her mouth. "hektor!" she called, barreling over towards him. she wasn't sure what he was doing exactly from this distance, but hopefully he was up for... whatever nicol was doing. or helping her ask him to reconsider, anyway. once she got a little closer to him, her feet struggled to skid to a stop, barely managing to come to a full stop without falling over. she throws her arms out to regain her balance, and then looks over to him expectantly. "are you ok?" she asks first, looking him over.

@Scrapmaster @Jofune Tsurabisu

While tangling with the bear, her claws and teeth sinking into its fur and flesh as the Dragonborn strained with all her might to keep the raging predator beneath her, she heard a chilling voice within her mind. After the chills had finished making thier way down her spine, she mentally questioned the voice, still grappling the bear with all her might of course, not allowing this sudden and ominous presence to distract her much from protecting Xenith, and her own life for that matter. "But what is Jah'Ri running from?' She thought, only for the answer to come to her as if just remembering something gravely important. Cobblelock. She had left the place with Xenith years ago now, but all of a sudden, she felt called back to it. The explosion had them fleeing from it but, all of a sudden, she felt an indescribable need to investigate, see what she can do. "There could be quite the battle to be had there," Jah'Ri's instinctive, primal inner voice chimed in. "More exciting than the bear you just killed while your mind was elsewhere, surely." All dragonborn had thoughts like these, encroaching voices calling them to wreak havoc and cause chaos. Jah'Ri's were not as extreme as others of her kind for the most part, but she had to admit, this sudden pull towadsr Cobblelock was rather distressing, in more ways than one.

Unlatching herself, fangs and claws dripping with the bear's blood, Jah'Ri turned to Nio and Xenith. "Bear will not be bothering them any longer." She nodded towards the wolf pups nearby. "We can take them with us, Jah'Ri take care of them for time being." The wolf pups, seeing that Jah'Ri had killed thier mother's assailant and were non-threateningly looking towadrs them, began to tentatively move towards her, whining quietly in fear. She knelt down and stretched out one hand to pet the bravest and thus closest pup, claws sheathed. The wolf cowered with its head down, but didn't move back, and began to visibly calm as Jah'Ri gently petted it. "See? Jah'Ri not harm you," she cooed softly. She was already taking a liking to these beasts, and it would seem the other way around was true as well.

Then, Jah'Ri decided it was time to bring up another matter at hand, the voice. She stood, then spoke to Xenith and Nio in a grave, worried tone. "Did either of you hear voice, chastising us for accepting defeat? Jah'Ri remembers no such thing in those words, but... she believes it can only mean one thing, Cobblelock." At Xenith's confirmation that she, too, had heard the voice, Jah'Ri then said words she was absolutely not expecting to come from her own mouth after all this time away from that place filed with death and despair. "Jah'Ri feels... pulled there, almost certain that there remains a threat there she can no longer ignore. You both saw the devastation... Jah'Ri... does not trust this voice but... she feels she must go back. What of you?" Jah'Ri found herself staring pleadingly into Xenith's eyes, clearly hoping that Xenith was alright with coming along. Jah'Ri honestly doubted it. After all, it was Xenith's utter lack of desire to remain in Cobblelock that brought the three of them to the other village they'd been living in for the last couple of years. To her surprise, however, Xenith agreed.

Feeling a deep anxiety at how far they were from cobblelock that seemed to come from somewhere unnatural deep within Jah'Ri's mind, she suggested they change directions right away. Jah'Ri only stopped when it was absolutely paramount that Xenith and Nio rest, and even then Jah'Ri was unable to rest herself. Her entire being felt that it was a mistake to flee Cobblelock as she did, while at the same time she'd never have stayed there without Xenith. Jah'Ri didn't speak much as the group headed in that direction, silent while conflicting thoughts and powerful emotions warred within her mind.

After a few days' travel, they finally made it there. The first thing she saw, of course, was the massive machine, and smaller figures Jah'Ri swore she vaguely recognized gathered around it, seeming to be fighting it but mostly on thier last legs. Finding an abandoned building nearby, the wolf cubs stayed close at her feet, until she ordered them to stay in the building. They were in no shape to fight, especially something like this, and Jah'Ri still would have to train them to do so before she would ever give them a chance to risk thier lives. Perhaps she'd been a mother wolf in a previous life, but either way she felt a strong motherly connection to them.

With that done, Jah'Ri gazed once again at the looming monstrosity in the distance, and the heroes fighting it desperately. "This is it, Xenith, Nio. If you do not wish to fight metal beast, take shelter. Jah'Ri must do this." With that, Jah'Ri began to run towards the fighting at a breakneck pace, gathering fire within her mouth to let loose at the beast as a kind of dramatic entrance. At this moment, little else was on her mind, besides wondering if Xenith was going to fight with her, mixed feelings on the matter due to the possibility of her being injured yet Jah'Ri wanting to be be her side, and worrying for the safety of the wolf pups. She did not yet acknowledge the other heroes on the field, solely focusing on joining the assault upon the terrible behemoth looming over Cobblelock's ruins.

@VioletShadow @NeverBetter

- Tolan - The Seeker of moonlight -

"By pilling up on it and getting lucky." Tolan spoke back to Lyon's optimism. It was surely welcome, but this was not the best time, not while the machine was powering up. The problem was how exactly they were to damage such being...he could cast magic, but would it work? would anything work on it? It seemed resistant to blows, the Avatar couldn't put a dent in it and the thing's strenght is insane.

Lyon broke Tolan's chain of thought by changing form and charging ahead, with a witty remark to him. "Oi!" Tolan spoke in reaction, but he sighed. As green-ish magic began forming around his feet as he began running forward towards the machien, sword held out. "So whats your plan?" Tolan asked Lyon, catching up to her while running.

- Hanz - Calamity trigger -

Hanz's powered up slash simply bounced off. Like, it didn't do a damn thing...nothing, nada.

"What the?" Hanz's spoke, surprised and confused. "It took no damage, it didn't even register the hit!" Hanz explained.

"WHAT?!" Magatsu Izan spoke within him, clearly frustrated, hell he began screaming curses and whatnot. But Hanz filtered those out, he had enough shit to deal with than an angry spirit spitting out curses.

"What the fuck is this guy up to..." Magatsu Izan muttered. A mutter so silent that not even Hanz heard it.

"Well what do we do?" Hanz asked.

"Well...prepare for the hit." Magatsu Izan replied.

"What?" Hanz asked as he saw that he was right in the way of its laser. "Oh sh-" Hanz spoke as he tried to block.

However...he took no damage. Nothing.

"What." Hanz spoke flatly, without a hint of emotion.

"The fuck." Magatsu Izan spoke.

"What the hell, it can't damage us...but we can't damage it either...hm." Hanz spoke, pondering for a moment. As he would stay on guard while his power charged up again. Floating in the air.

- Hektor - The Gentleman -

Hektor was dumbstruck, he actually didn't know what to be dumbfounded about. The fact that his attack had NO visual effect or impact...or the fact that he was clearly in the blast area of the thing's lasers, and yet...he took no bloody damage.

"It took no damage...But neither did I...just what is going on exactly?" Hektor spoke, to himself mostly, clearly in thought, confused, emotionally unstable because of all this destruction, but also the fact that they couldn't do any meaningful damage. "Wait...could it be?" He asked himself.

Before he could question further Fia called him over, running and stumbling towards him, using his reflexes he helps her maintain balance. He smiled softly and tipped his hat as he listened to her question. "I am fine Fia. Do not worry about me...actually." Hektor spoke as he stopped looking at her and turned to the area surrounding them and everyone else who was taking part in this fight.

"I doubt you have to worry about anyone, really. It couldn't damage us, but we couldn't damage it either...I felt no pain, nothing from the blast." Hektor explained to Fia what exactly happened in what little time he had to explain.

"Frankly, I have no idea whats going on. But if I had to guess...we're not part of this, we're...disconnected, if you don't think im going crazy right now, i'd say what we're seeing isn't even real...else we would have died from the earlier blast that wiped out the city..." Hektor tried his best to deduce the situation at hand, but it was hard. He didn't know what was going...but he had to think about this.

Holding his hat with his hand, holding his cane with the other. He watched, waiting for Fia's response.

- Xicor - The Cyborg -

Foggy...Foggy?! How the fuck was a machine's UI foggy? Xicor was confused at first but he soon began analyzing his data acquired the last year, checking logs and banks he uploaded to his databanks.

He couldn't read his machine, he couldn't read his fucking Mech!...yet...it still moved, hell it worked perfectly!, problem was establishing connection to the behemoth of a machine was a no-go now.

Xicor wasted no time maneuvering his mech outside of the blast area, avoiding it entirely as the others didn't...however they weren't damaged. "What the?" Xicor spoke in surprise, everyone was alive! not only that...but unharmed too...how?! This was starting to get weird, even for a cyborg like him.

"Fine" Xicor spoke as he aimed his mech's weapons at the behemoth, he and his mech were floating in the air, around twenty five meters in the air, it could float around more or less towards seventy to a hundred meters in the air without losing energy, so this height wasn't a problem. He aimed his heavy pulse rifles, which were being held in each arm of his mech. And began firing, as well as firing some guided rockets from the machine's back towards the chimera.

@rusticyawn @NeverBetter @Yuffie Kisaragi

"Stab it." Lyon said simply, pouring on the speed, gaining a slight lead on Tolan. "Healing people that are better at stabbing it." She continued very simply. Lyon was very on track at that moment, focused solely on the enemy. She didn't have a whole lot of alternative options, not the way she was set up at that moment. She could see people fighting it, but it certainly wasn't slowing down. It didn't even seem to pause. That wouldn't last long, it couldn't. Not with all of them hammering away at it full strength.

~~~~

Caesar continued his leisurely charge. He pocketed the book. He wouldn't need it for his next try. As he ran, he pulled out his bow, and nocked an arrow. "Empower!" He cried, releasing the arrow. The arrow glowed with a bright light, leaving a trail of stardust as it flew, straight and true towards the spider bot. The damage on the arrow should be pretty good, but considering Somrene's smash, as well as Hanz's attack had done little, Caesar didn't know what to expect.

~~~~

Somrene landed back on his feet, surprised. There hadn't been anything. It was not like the force had dented the metal. But he had not bounced off either. It was like he had hit a shock absorber, but one that didn't give at all. His hammer had all but slid off. Somrene knew something fishy was up, but he had no time to worry about it. He couldn't do much but continued to try and smack the shit out of this thing, which he did, wailing on the leg. He could overhear some of the others talking, but they had not asked his opinion. Which was fine by him, he'd keep whacking on it all day.

~~~~

Lyon and Tolan reached the enemy, pretty close to the same time. Lyon thought she might have won, but wasn't sure. She had shifted from race mentality into focus on the enemy. The Bloodsummoner pounced, leaping into the air, and stabbing down into the body of the spiderbot with Uzpeni, certain that her Sacred Blade would deal damage to the thing.

fia straightened herself out and listened carefully, though her mind was still a little occupied with whatever nicol was doing. from what she could discern, hektor had come to the same conclusion nicol had, that monster wasn't actually doing any damage to any of them. though the rest of what he said only managed to bewilder her. it wasn't as if she hadn't considered that this wasn't real, but this was so different from any dream she'd ever had. it had gone on for so long and it all felt so real to her. and if it this was different from a dream, didn't it have to be reality? she thought about saying something otherwise, but what hektor said had some sort of weight to her. it seemed as if it had to be impossible, but in the end, she couldn't really discount it. it really didn't feel real either, and by all accounts, probably couldn't be. so it left her at a bit of a loss.

"i-i guess?" she stuttered out, completely dazed by the sudden flood of information. "but then, why are we seeing something that isn't real?" she reflexively asked, as if speaking her thoughts aloud. she scratched her head pensively for a moment, looking deeply confused by the whole matter, before her eyes went wide, a sudden panic rushing over her. "w-wait! no - hang on-" she shouted suddenly. she stopped for a moment, blinking in realization, before continuing in a more normal, if still slightly worried, tone. "i came over here for nicol. he asked for you..." she trails her thought uncomfortably, as if wanting to add something but deciding against it. "i don't know why, but he's over- he's up, there." she points over to the monster and directly at the point she thought she could see nicol scaling it.

"i'm kinda worried he's gonna get himself hurt. or... well, i guess he can't if none of this is real? but... i'm not sure i'd explain that to him, either..." she was obviously still confused and a bit exasperated by the whole ordeal, but she looked up to him pleadingly. "could you come with me?"

@Scrapmaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back