• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

Jah'Ri smiled her usual, toothy smile as she heard Xenith's familiar voice, stepping into the building labelled "Rosial" not a moment later. Approaching the desk, she slowed her walking pace as she saw Xenith working with some sort of delicate-looking green jewel. Perhaps now was not the best time to run up and hug her, as had become the Dragonborn's custom. Also, perhaps with the blood on her armor and scales, it would not be in good taste to begin with, at least before taking a nice bath at the barracks then perhaps returning to spend time with Xenith as she often did in the evenings.

Jah'Ri smiled back at Xenith as she approached, her eyes widening as the bracelet was handed to her. There was a dark aura radiating off of it that Jah'Ri had become quite accustomed to by now. She slowly and gently took it into her hands and began putting it on, feeling some of the fatigue from the battle seem to fade from her body. It seemed to have enhanced her stamina just how Xenith said it would. She stared at the bracelet now clasped around her scaly wrist with a smile and a wide, child-like look in her eyes. Looking back up at Xenith, she asked "For Jah'ri? It's really alright?"

Moments later, she heard a knocking at the back door. "Ah... Jah'Ri get that if Xenith wishes." Her previously bright and happy tone had darkened a little, both knowing that her time alone with Xenith this evening was already coming to an end, and knowing that Nio may very well be the person to end it. Jah'Ri trusted him to take care of Xenith now, but she was still wary that he was secretly plotting some way to get rid of her, or something to that effect. Truthfully, jah'Ri would rather him not be as insistent on spending time with Xenith as the Dragonborn herself was, but tolerating him made Xenith happy and so Jah'Ri had learned to respect him more than before. After all, they were both always looking out for Xenith's well being. Sadly, that was about the only thing they had in common, which made getting along very difficult.

@VioletShadow

Last edited by a moderator:
throughout one year and four months of it's struggle, fia and nicol stayed in cobblelock, together. at first it seemed like the easiest decision in the world. when refugees started to come, asking for shelter in the library they had been staying in, they quickly made for them. when the town's struggle only worsened from the state they had met in, they immediately knew they wanted to take up the cause of helping those who remained. anything and everything the town called for, they answered where they could.

fia almost feverishly sought to fight the town's ever increasing skirmishes, with nicol usually never far behind, to both their detriment. it was hard to say if her skill with fire was increasing or only growing more desperate and reckless with each passing engagement. an ever-growing collection of scars at least attested to the ever-growing direness of the town's situation - as the town's state only worsened, so did their own. they initially did whatever else they could, with nicol using his own ability with natural magic to try and help the town's dying crops, but to no avail. the toll their altruism took on them eventually became too much for the both of them. with the town now at it's limit, so are they. and reluctantly, they've decided it's time to take their leave.

in now ever-bustling library, fia was beginning to put away her few possessions in preparation for their journey out. she couldn't help but get distracted, though, with the dreadful state of the people around her. she just couldn't take the state of things here anymore - it seemed as though, no matter how much she had tried, she had not been able to make a single ounce of progress for the people here, and it was eating her up inside. she held her small ball of light closely, looking down at the floor as she sat on her knees. she couldn't help but feel a slight sense of disgust with herself, knowing she would be leaving this place. nicol had likely been right - there just wasn't anything further they could do here, things only steadily getting worse - but the reality of it still made her stomach churn, even with the small comfort the little sun provided her.

she looked back over to nicol. she didn't have a lot to say, and she should definitely be packing instead of chit-chatting, but she needed something to take her mind off of things. she reached over to the book she was to pack, a small gift for their services to the town. 'the two of you are still young. you shouldn't neglect you studies, even now.' the person who had given it to her recently had said that at the time. she had accepted it gratefully without much fuss, but it had dawned on her that she wasn't sure what to do with it. she really had no idea what it was, or how to make use of it. she had been told that the pictures made sense as words if you knew what to do with them, but she hadn't made much progress on that front yet.

"hey, um, nicol," she asked lightly, poking his shoulder slightly. "are you almost ready? you have a little time, right?" she placed the book in front of him, staring at him expectantly for a brief moment before looking over at his stuff curiously. "you can read that, huh? that guy gave it to us, but i don't really... get it. do you think we should take it with us?" she brought her bag to his side, looking back over at him.

@Jofune Tsurabisu

rusticyawn said:

fia strast

throughout one year and four months of it's struggle, fia and nicol stayed in cobblelock, together. at first it seemed like the easiest decision in the world. when refugees started to come, asking for shelter in the library they had been staying in, they quickly made for them. when the town's struggle only worsened from the state they had met in, they immediately knew they wanted to take up the cause of helping those who remained. anything and everything the town called for, they answered where they could.

fia almost feverishly sought to fight the town's ever increasing skirmishes, with nicol usually never far behind, to both their detriment. it was hard to say if her skill with fire was increasing or only growing more desperate and reckless with each passing engagement. an ever-growing collection of scars at least attested to the ever-growing direness of the town's situation - as the town's state only worsened, so did their own. they initially did whatever else they could, with nicol using his own ability with natural magic to try and help the town's dying crops, but to no avail. the toll their altruism took on them eventually became too much for the both of them. with the town now at it's limit, so are they. and reluctantly, they've decided it's time to take their leave.

in now ever-bustling library, fia was beginning to put away her few possessions in preparation for their journey out. she couldn't help but get distracted, though, with the dreadful state of the people around her. she just couldn't take the state of things here anymore - it seemed as though, no matter how much she had tried, she had not been able to make a single ounce of progress for the people here, and it was eating her up inside. she held her small ball of light closely, looking down at the floor as she sat on her knees. she couldn't help but feel a slight sense of disgust with herself, knowing she would be leaving this place. nicol had likely been right - there just wasn't anything further they could do here, things only steadily getting worse - but the reality of it still made her stomach churn, even with the small comfort the little sun provided her.

she looked back over to nicol. she didn't have a lot to say, and she should definitely be packing instead of chit-chatting, but she needed something to take her mind off of things. she reached over to the book she was to pack, a small gift for their services to the town.
'the two of you are still young. you shouldn't neglect you studies, even now.' the person who had given it to her recently had said that at the time. she had accepted it gratefully without much fuss, but it had dawned on her that she wasn't sure what to do with it. she really had no idea what it was, or how to make use of it. she had been told that the pictures made sense as words if you knew what to do with them, but she hadn't made much progress on that front yet.

"hey, um, nicol," she asked lightly, poking his shoulder slightly. "are you almost ready? you have a little time, right?" she placed the book in front of him, staring at him expectantly for a brief moment before looking over at his stuff curiously. "you can read that, huh? that guy gave it to us, but i don't really... get it. do you think we should take it with us?" she brought her bag to his side, looking back over at him.

Nicol looked at the book, as he started to pack his things. "It is at least useful, for a primer." he said as he finished stowing the last of his gear in his travelers pack. "We should take it with us, it will help us focus." he said as slid his sword into his back sheath. His body was aching. Being far from unpolluted nature was taking its toll on him. He needed a good nap in a spruce tree overlooking a babbling brook. But such fancies would have to wait. "We leave before sundown." he said to Fia.

(Sorry, my machine ate my epic response I typed up. I will be making a better one later on.)

@rusticyawn

fia put a thumb to her lips, considering his response before taking the book and neatly putting it away, trying to emulate the way she'd seen others do it before. sometime during her stay here, she had worry less about the things she didn't know, and focus more on what she could learn from others. it wasn't necessarily easy all the time, with some people not taking kindly to being bothered by her asking 'obvious' questions or mimicking them behind their backs, but it seemed to be a reliable way to go about things. she took a few other pieces of clothing she'd accumulated and mentally went through the steps she'd learned to fold them, her tongue slightly sticking out as she concentrated.

"huh... sundown?" fia blinked, concentration broken by the sudden processing on that thought. she put down what she had been folding for a second, looking out toward the window of the library. her eyes rolled up as she considered how much time that would leave them to travel. "...why?" she asked, starting to put away what she had folded. she wasn't thrilled at the idea of traveling at night. it was hard. even with the minisun, it would still be a pain. she wasn't keen on complaining about it if they had too, considering how many times the town had called on her when their attackers came at night, but it didn't mean she was going to be happy about it. she took the last of her possessions, a little lantern, and put it away, her small bag now full. she pulled the strings together, the top closing over it.

"i'm ready," she chimed, smiling as she pulled her arms through the strings of the bag and let it rest on her back. a little more than the bag probably was meant to carry, but nothing she couldn't handle. she blinked as she took one last look around, trying not to think to heavily on the consequences of their leaving. she looked to nicol, brushing a strand of hair away from her eyes as light filtered through the slightly dusty window. "hey, um... do you think we have some time to visit one last place before we leave?" she asked suddenly. as rundown as cobblelock had gotten, there were still a few places fia had grown fond of. she had been preparing in different ways all day, but a weird feeling of nostalgia was starting to hit her now that the reality of them leaving was so eminent. she did want to visit at least one last place before they departed. "y'know... that place on the outskirts, with the weird trees?"

@Jofune Tsurabisu

Xenith La Rosia

"It suits you."
She comments quietly, a warm smile imprinted upon her face, partly because of how proud she is, but also because of Jah'Ri's cute reaction. "I made it especially for you, so of course." She replied with a slight chuckle. Glancing towards her emerald gem, she notices the dark, perhaps slightly frightening swirls beginning to form within. Gently, she touches the center of the gem using the tip of her finger and watches as the swirls brighten with a mysterious energy. Noticing a familiar knock at the door, she replies to Jah'Ri's question "If you could, I would be grateful."

As Jah'Ri heads towards the door, Xenith opens the well-kept wooden drawer to her left, carefully picking up the diamond amulet she had created a few days ago. Hanging from a thin silver chain, a round circle with a pointed cross outstretched from the center carries the diamond pearl infused with dark energy. Holding it up to the black candle upon her desk, she notices a slight glow from the diamond. Smiling in anticipation, she awaits her friends to arrive.

Nio Magnetus

Noticing the door opening, he silently hoped it would be Xenith, but as always, it was Jah'Ri. His expression remained neutral as he stepped inside, he never knew what to say to her, so he decided to stay silent like always. "Xenila?" He heads straight to the location she is usually in, and smiles as he catches sight of familiar black hair. Carefully, he places the bag towards the side and walks over. "Is this...for me?" He questions curiously, as Xenith hands him a long piece of jewellry. Noticing her approval, he smiles gratefully as he puts it on. His eyes begin to glow similarly to the diamond for mere seconds before returning to their normal colour, as he looks around, he feels slightly energized, with his eyes more active than usual. "This amulet should enhance your speed and perception." "Thank you...I will treasure it." As one of the few physical gifts he has received, he vows to cherish his new belonging.

As his fingers trace the carvings on the metal, he peers around the workshop. New necklaces and bracelets have been hung on the wall, perhaps ready to be sold.
"Tomorrow's your day off, correct?" Merely asking for the sake of it, as he already knew the answer, he continues. "Is there anything you want to do?" "Not particularly, but I might want to visit Cobblelock, it's been a while afterall." Nodding contently, he smiles at how lucky he is to have the exact same days off as Xenith. "Yes, let's go together then." He comments satisfied. "Are you coming with us, Jah'Ri?" He asks as he peers in her direction, watching her face carefully.

@DergTheDergon

A sunset was quite a sight to behold. It would soon be the last sight of all who lived there.

Pearched up on the mountain overlooking Cobblelock, a large machine dressed in crimson red and cobalt blur armor sat, it looked like a mixture of a beetle, a T-Rex, and the mythical beast Cerberus: a three headed hellhound and guardian on the depths of the underworld. The quadrapedial creature's feet anchored down into the mountain as the three monsterous chimera heads began to form a ball of solid energy in each of their gaping maws. The flash of light from the particle cannon was all that could be seen as the area round Cobblelock and the town itself out-right destroyed, along with e͡v̸̡͘e̶͜҉̧͡r͞͝y̶̢͢o̢̡͢n҉̨͝͞e͞ ̶̡͘͠i̸̡̛͡͏n͏̶ ҉̸̀͝i̸̕ţ̨͜͞.̴͢͡ ̴͏͡Ń̵̢̕͝o̸͏̧̡̛t̢҉̵̨͡ ̴̸̨́à̸͠ ̧̡̕͠s̷c̛͠r̷̵͢͢e̸͟͢a̷̶̛͜͠m̢̀͘͝͝,҉̸̴͟͟ ̀͘҉̨n̵͠͠o̶͟r̀͞ ̶̡̛͝͠ą̀͟ ̸̧͜ẁ̕͢͞h̕͢į̴́͢m҉͟͡p͢҉͘ȩ̛͘̕r͘͟͠͝͠.̸͟ ҉̧J̷̛̀́ų҉ś͝t̴͟ ̶͘s̷̸̷͢͝i͏̸͝ĺ̸͢͏e̢͢͝n̢̧͠͠͠c͡é͏̢̡,̴̕҉ ͜͡҉͏t̶͝ḩ͜͞͠ȩ̵̴͝ ̸̀͘͟͜d̷̨̛̕͟e̡a̵͘t҉h̨҉̵s̵̴͡҉̨ ̨͡o̶̶͝f̸̶͟͟ ̷̶̀́ś̕ơ̶͟͞͡ ̶̢̡m̸̨̧̀á̴̛͜n̷͠y̵̵̵̸͞ ̵̸͠͝c͏̧a͟͡҉̸m̴e̡҉҉ ̴́͟͡͞f̵̶r͢͞͡o̡̨̕m̶҉̡ ̷̕͡͡ẃ͢҉͡͝ḩ̵̢a̵̶͠t̢͢ ̶̴͘͜s̷͜͞é͠͝͡è̸̛͡m̨͟͞e̢͡ḑ̵̀͘ ́͘͟͞l͢͡i҉̷͘k̢̢̡e̕͢ ͏̵͟͞n̷̸͜o͏̴́͡͞ ̶̴̢͠͞w̸̡҉h̸̀́̕͝ę̀r̶̨̕e͘͟.͏̧͘͡ ̧͘͞B̵̡̛́ę̷̷҉̛f̸̴̕o̕͜͟r͢͡e͡͏ ́͝͞í̡̛t̴̵̛͢͠ ̷͞͏͠c̨̧̛̀ǫ̸̷͟ù̴̧͠ļ̛͢d́͢ ̸̡̢͢͞b̧͜͠e̵̴̕͡ ̶͞è̀v̵͡҉ę͘͝ņ̵́ ̵͘͢u̴̧n̸̛d͏͢é͡r̛͏s̨͘͢͡t͏̨̡̕͡o͝͏͡ò̶d̵̛̀̕͝,͢͠ ̸̨̀̕͝i͏̴t̴̴̴̢ ́͜͞҉e̵҉ņ̸̛͞͡d̶̨́͠͡e̵d̶́ ̸͢ţ̶̴͢͠h҉̴̨è̶̸̕͟ ̶̛͏̧҉ş̛͝͡m̷͝á͏̧̡l̢̡͏l͞͡ ̸̕͞͞͏t̴ò̷ẃ̸̧̕͞n̨̡͞҉̛,̸̢̀͢ ̴͞a̷҉̢̨n҉d̸̶̨ ̨͢a̵̵̡͟͜ ͏̨l̕͘͢͝͞ą̶̨̀r̷͜͢g̷̢̧e̡̛͘͏҉ ̷̶̧́̕p̀̀͜͝o͡͏̡͏r̵̵͡͠t̷̨͝͏͡i̷̡͘͜o̵̷̷͞ǹ̷͘͜ ͘óf͢͏ ́̕͜͞o̧̧̢͝͡u̶͡͞ŕ̢̢͠҉ ̷͘h͘e̡͟r͢o͘҉̸́͡'̡̀́s̨͢͝ ̧͟͠҉ẁ͝i̡̕t̷͏̷̨͘h͡͡ ̴i̡҉̶̶͜t̴͝͝͏.̴̢̕͟͟

N̸͠o̷̷.̕͟͡ ͠T̸͜hi̸̶͝s̴͞ ̷̸̢w̛҉įl͏̶͘l ̵̛͠ń̨̛ǫ͞t͏̧ ͏d͘o͝͠.̛ ̛̀͡ ̢́I̴ ҉̵̨w̕i͜l̴l ̸no͏̡t́̕͘ ̀͝͠a͏̡ĺ͢l̷̛͡o͏̡͢w҉͘ ̶͝҉t̴̛our ̴̡a̕͘͞tt͡e͜͝m̡͞p͡͝t̨͠ś ̀t̶̕o̢͜͢ ę͟͞n͘̕͜ḑ̡ ̢҉ţ̀͘h̷e̸͠m̸̸͞ ǫ͠cc̷̡̛ǫ͟͝u̴͝r̵e͏͞d l̛i̵͞͝ķ͝ę͘̕ ́͟th̨́i̴͘s̛͝͠.́̕

͘͠͝

̧S̵ţ͞o͏ńe̛ ̡ą͜҉n̷̨d͠ ̀͡ş́͝o͡o̴̴͟t̶͡ ͢͡r̵o̸se͘͞ ̢́į͢n̨͡ ̷͠t͝͏͡ḩe̢̨ ̀͡a̸͝i̛͡r̶͢ ͢a̵̷s̛̛ ̶͘th̶̴͟e̡̕͘ p͡a̷̕rtį̵͝ćl̶̸es̵̴ ò̡͞f͞ ̴̕th̴i̶̧͠s͝ ̴mo̕ņ͘s҉͡t͟r̢osi҉t͟y͠'͜s̛͟ ̴͞ ͘͢͞we̶áp͏̡͟on̴ ̸̷f͡a̛͟͡de̶d̶̸͜ ͞b̸͡a̸c̀͢ḱ͘ ҉t͡͏o̷͟ z̵e̸̡r͘ơ͞͠. ̢B̴͞u̕ŗn̴in̶̨g͞ ͟b͜͟o̷̡d͝i̸̧͜ę́s̶̡͜ ̨a͜nd̷̢ ̴̵̢m̶o̷͜a͜n̸s ̢of̧͞ ͠p͟a̕i͡ņ ̢͞lį̛t͟͝te̸r̛͠e̷͢d͏ ̵ţ̴̶h̵̡̛e͞ d͝͠e̴̡͘v͏͢iat̕͘͞ed́ ̸̛͢l̶̵àn͝͏d̶s͘͜͜c͜͝a͟҉̀p̢e̕.̵͝ ҉Cò̢b̸̡͘b͜͠͏l̡e̢͟l̵̛͝o̡͘҉ck̸ ̵͘͠w̧̕a̛s͝͝ ̕no̧̕ ̛m̀ǫ̵re̡҉. ̸̡̛L̴̶o̧ş͘͜ţ ̧͏̕t̨͡o̶͜ ̀͞t͜h̵ȩ͢ ̨͟f̧͘҉o̸̢̧r̛c̷e͏ ͠o҉̶f̸̶ ̕͠w̢h̶̡̛ìc͘͠h̴͢ cou̡̧l̴̛d̴͏ ́͟n̕͟͏ơ̸͜t ̧͡h̷̛av̶̡͡e̸̡͠ b̴͞ee̵n̷͜ ͡f҉͘ó̢r͝s̡͏e҉͜͢e̴͜͠ņ҉͢.

҉̡̕

D͜e̡a̵̕t̸̵h̢ ̷̨́lí̢e̴ ̡á̸̕l̕͜l̶ ̵a̧̧͢r҉o҉́uǹ̨d͢ ̴̀͡t̵̵̷h̵̡͟e̷̕͡m̴,̸ b̡̢͠u͞t̵̡͞ ̴̨ó̴u̕r̛̕ H͟͡ero'̸s͏,̨ ͠wǫu̧n̷͡҉de̛d͢,҉ ̛b̕͠é̶҉at҉͏e͠͝n̷͞,̷͏ ̡͢we͏'̶̨͟r̡͢e͠ ̀n̢̛o̸t̷ ̧s͏҉͞l̴͟à̷i̴n͠.̀͘

̀͏

́͠҉A͟ń̡d̀ ͜n̛i͠w̴,͠ ̸͘͠th͢ȩy ̨͡we̸ré̶̡ ͡͏o͘͜͝b͠͝҉v̕͢io͏̡u̶̡s͟l̢ỳ̛ ǵ̷̢oi͘n̢͜g t́͢o̕ ̶b͟e m̧͜͏a̴͘͝d́.̀͝

Jah'Ri smiled widely as Xenith confirmed that the bracelet was indeed meant for her. "Jah'Ri will always cherish it, will always think of Xenith when pushing her limits. She will know that her feats can be performed because of Xenith's talent." Jah'Ri wrapped her arms around Xenith to thank her for the gift, instantly forgetting that she was covered in a good few bloodstains. Afterwards, the knock on the door ensued. Jah'Ri nodded at Xenith and quickly trudged over to the door, opening it, her expression remaining similarly neutral as Nio appeared on the other side of the door. She nodded at him in acknowledgement, and stepped aside for him to step in, but said nothing. The silence ceased the moment that Nio called for Xenith, of course. Jah'Ri stepped back into the room and stood by as Nio approached Xenith, politely remaining to the side and quiet.

Jahri found her gaze saddening a little when she saw Xenith had made a magical piece for Nio as well. It was rather selfish of her to prefer to get special treatment, and she knew that, but still she found herself doing so. There was something about how equally Xenith treated her and Nio that irked her. It almost seemed like she wasn't special to Xenith, as much as it often seemed that way, because she treated Nio just as kindly. Perhaps she simply thought Nio and Jah'Ri as equally special to her... still, Jah'Ri had a desire to be the only special person in Xenith's life, and she suspected Nio did as well.

Xenith's mention of Cobblelock snapped Jah'Ri out of her brooding thoughts, causing her to snap to attention and look Xenith in the eyes from staring off into space moments earlier. Jah'Ri had to admit that she wondered how Cobblelock was doing, with the war and all. As Xenith asked her the obvious question she nodded. "Jah'Ri would love to go. She suspects all major threats to the town have ceased for now with bandits gone, so men can handle themselves for a time. Jah'Ri get cleaned up and met you to help you pack." With that, Jah'Ri smiled, waved towards Xenith and headed towards the barracks.

A short time later, Jah'Ri headed back to Xenith's shop, free of bloodstains. She helped Xenith to gather her things, and even Nio if he allowed her assistance, then with very few belongings herself than what she had on her, Jah'Ri had little preparing to do herself. Soon, it was evening, and the threeeh had agreed to head out tomarrow morning.

When Jah'ri exited Rosial and began heading towards the barracks for the night however, she stopped in her tracks as a massive flash of light in the distance caught her attention. Staring at it for a moment, she realized that the exploson happened in the direction of cobblelock. "What in the Great Wyrm's name..." she muttered. Turning around, she then called "Xenith! Nio! Did either see?! Jah'Ri does not think heading to cobblelock is... wise..." She continued to stare at the destruction occurring in the distance in disbelief.

@VioletShadow

Xenith La Rosia

Slowly heading towards their home, Xenith peers through her dark leather satchel, checking through everything for perhaps the 4th time. Noticing their cottage rising in the distance, she calmly breaks the silence. "We've come a long way. I never would have thought we'd have such a peaceful life a year ago." "Indeed, how things have changed. I only hope they stay that way-" Located in the direction behind their home, a gigantic flash of light shocks both characters speechless, only able to stare in doubt. One thing struck her mind, they were not heading to Cobblelock anymore.

"Jah'Ri?" Calming herself down, she sets her priorities straight. Firstly, they have to move. Hearing Jah'Ri's voice, she quickly runs towards her, lucky that she wasn't too far away. Noticing Nio close behind, with a seemingly nonchalant appearance, she speaks to her little group. "We have to leave. Now that Cobblelock is gone, this is the next town on the border. It's a prime target for attacks by Selias." Clenching her fists, her look saddens as she realizes the peaceful life they had built up over a year has been crushed to pieces. "It's okay, Xenith. We haven't lost everything, we still have the skills, relationships and strength we have gathered over the year. We'll just need to settle in another place." Smiling gratefully at Nio, she recovers quickly. "Pack up as quickly as possible, we have no idea how long we have left before a battle appears here. The next town inland is a far distance away, we'll have to sleep outdoors 2-3 times." Suddenly pulling her close friends in a quick hug, she begins running towards their home. For some reason, she has a bad premonition.

Noticing her room window open, she swiftly flies through it and gazes for a moment at her belongings. With her satchel already packed with necessities, she swings her leather backpack down and packs her clothes. She didn't particularly have many, for her disinterest of fashion. Looking over the room, she packs her map and her lantern. As she rushes out, she notices the beautiful ruby rose carefully laid on her bedside. With flashbacks of memories, she carefully packs it underneath her clothes to keep it from breaking. Reaching the kitchen, she notices Nio packing up as much necessary food as possible, along with multiple containers of water.
"Jah'Ri? Are you ready?" She calls loudly, as she helps Nio finish packing up. Whilst she waits at the doorway, she merely stares at the rising moon, wondering what awaits them in the wilderness.

@DergTheDergon <3

[media]

[/media]
- Hanz - The avatar - Ruins of Cobblelock -

Hanz was mostly out of the incoming area of the blast, as he was heading out of the city...but the impact still tore through the winds with a massive shockwave nonetheless. Hanz simply turned around as he saw the city getting obliterated with his own eyes...a terrible sight. A city in which he protected the citizens...he helped them, nurtured them. Gone in an instant.

Hanz fell to his knees as he was in a state of shock...he didn't know what to do...all he could do was stare at the scene of the destruction...he didn't blink, he didn't think...he only stared at the ruins...emotionless, distraught...destroyed from the inside...

"My oh my..." Hanz began hearing a faint voice...deep within his head. He never heard anything like this before, even though he felt as if he had something living inside of him, he never trully understood what...and it was finally communicating. "What?..." He asked in confusion.

"Oh don't tell me you never knew something lived inside of you?" The voice called out to him and asked him, "Who...are you?" Hanz asked back.

"Oh please im the spirit that lives within you, you fucking idiot...though you could say I only surfaced now..." it spoke.

"Now? why now? everything is dead..." Hanz spoke with a sad tone and expression. "Because Izan, the form you were able to take up before...isn't going to help you much in this situation, not with the state you are in..." It spoke as Hanz began feeling a...dark presence inside of him, it seemed...godly, but it felt dark and twisted.

"W-What?" Hanz asked,

"News flash, im not your original godly form...well I am, but im just an outer form of it, you see, Izan isn't the only one you can morph into avatar...and now that im here, and talking to you...unliked Izan, who is too prideful to speak your language to bother to communicate with you...I am here, and you can use my power..." It spoke.

"But...I failed to protect these people..." Hanz spoke slamming his fist onto the ground in frustration, his feeling now turning into anger.

"Yes...you did...or rather, Izan did, because Izan wasn't always one to care much for others...avatar of truth...heh, makes him kind of a dick."

"But...I can help you, these feelings of anger and hatred...fuel me, chaos, and destruction fuel me...and this is the best spot for you to use me..."

"Who...are you?" Hanz asked as he began standing up. "My name is Magatsu Izan...I am...well...a chaos god of sorts, you could call me that, yeah..."

"So you're evil?"

"Nah bitch I ain't evil! I just like to break things..."

"How can I trust you?"

"Oh for fucks sake! look, heres the thing, you are Izan's avatar, and as such you are MY avatar as well...And if anything happens to you, should you die...me and Izan go along with you, and I wouldn't be stupid enough to try to trick the one person responsible for MY continued existence..." Magatsu Izan spoke, his words echoing through Hanz's mind...as he thought for a second.

"Look...I know this sounds pretty fucking random, and out of nowhere, but if you don't do something now...that thing is going to get away with mass murder of an entire town...And neither of us can have that. After all breaking is my job..." And with that Hanz began to emanate a chaotic, dark, crimson energy, beginning to flow around him as he looked at himself...this power felt different...it felt...chaotic...powerful...destructive...

With a burst of energy and a very bright explosion of crimson light.

Hanz took a form he had never taken before...

uSise4T.jpg
In this form...Hanz's aura changed to that of a life draining aura, that would drain hostiles life energy and heal him as well as ripples of crimson energy flowing around him. Holding his gigantic sword...which looked more like a polearm with a knife at the end really. Began to glow and be covered in Chaotic energy as well.

"I will destroy you!" Hanz spoke as he pointed towards the beast up in the mountain as 5 chaos orbs were generated beside him. They seemed to charge energy, a lot of it in fact. As Hanz charged for a second before pointing his weapon at the beast, as the five chaos orbs released five concentrated, charged beams of CHAOS energy. Directed toward the beast. The lasers could tear down a mech in seconds...lets see how this would go....

"Yeah you tell'em!" Magatsu Izan spoke nonchalantly.

Jah'Ri halted a few meters behind Xenith and Nio as the massive flash of light went off in the distance. Turning to face it, she clutched her things that she had left in the barracks and was bringing back, unintentionally leaving claw marks on them from her strong grip as she took in the devastation. She was speechless just as Xenith and Nio were, and so found herself snapping out of her shock only when Xenith called towards her. She turns to Xenith, still a flabbergasted look on her reptilian face, and nodded slowly and sadly at the Vampire's words. "Yes... Jah'Ri agrees. Jah'Ri partly wishes to fight for this town as she has done over past year, but... Xenith's safety is her top priority. Jah''Ri leave with her." She went quiet thereafter, sharing in Xenith's sad look and putting a scaled hand gently upon her shoulder for comfort. She wasn't great with words, so she grudgingly allowed Nio to speak up and comfort her, as he was so good at doing. A sad and downcast look crossed her face as Xenith instantly smiles at his words and seems as if she wasn't sad to begin with. This one of those instances that Jah'Ri felt she was not needed in Xenith's life, and that Nio still had the ability to become the only person Xenith loves.

Putting these thoughts to the back of her mind and forcing a nuetral, thoughtful expression, Jah'Ri nodded at Xenith's following instructions. Despite her sudden episode of melancholy, Xenith's hug warmed her heart through her cold blood, and caused her to smile She wanted to hold Xenith for a bit longer, but she allowed her to fly into her room and finish packing. She walked into the house, diminished packing a small bag of her things, then waited for Xenith and Nio to finish. The only things she packed were a few changes of clothes, some food needed for her reptilian pallet (mostly preserved raw meats), the warhammer she had learned to use as a militia member which she strapped to her back, and a small collection of trinkets and keepsakes, consisting mainly of pieces of jewelry she had bought from Rosial. The bracelet Xenith had given her today was still clasped around her wrist, and she had no intention of taking it off except to bathe or swim.

Hearing Xenith's call as she performed the final check of her gear, she stood from the chair she had been sitting in and called back. "Yes, Jah'Ri is prepared!" Her tone was enthusiastic and almost militant, a habit from her former livelihood. She met Xenith at the door, and when Nio didn't seem to be looking, suddenly pulled her into a hug. She then pulled back and spoke softly, looking into Xenith's eyes with her own green orbs. "Jah'Ri is not able to do many things Nio can, but she can fight and protect, and will. Jah'Ri hopes that she can do enough for her presence to be needed." She whispered these words quietly, looking into Xenith's eyes affectionately. Her heart was pounding, and she had this strange urge to lean in and press her lips to Xenith's but that didn't seem like a timely action at this moment. Reluctantly, she let go of Xenith's shoulders and waited for Nio before heading out, quiet and rather nervous, for several reasons, as they began to trudge through the wilderness.

The farther they got away from town, Jah'Ri noticed, the more relaxed she became, despite her anxious thoughts about leaving that peaceful town behind, about cobblelock, and especially about Xenith and Nio, and the fact she wished the latter would become preoccupied somehow so that Xenith and herself could be alone for once. She supposed it was because she felt more familiar with the wilds than with a city. Here, survival was always the main goal. Things such as status, money, belongings and other things that mattered among humans did not matter here. Jah'Ri soon fell into a quiet rhythm of checking her surroundings, walking by Xenith's side. Subconsciously, she found her hand seeking Xenith's, and didn't realize she had grasped the Vampire's hand when she did.

@VioletShadow <3<3

within seconds, everything changed.

everything had been so normal. fia had just been making idle plans, worrying about nothing in particular, and with no warning, it all disappeared. a flash of bright light engulfed everything around her, her eyes clenching shut as the force threw her away so hard, so fast, she could feel her thoughts slip out of focus for just a moment. so much sound rushed by her ears, and as quickly as it came, it just seemed to dissipate. she kept her eyes still tightly shut, kept as still as possible, waiting for it, whatever it was that was happening, to be over. she held her breath, waited. things shuffled, rumbled, and then, it went quiet.

when she hoped it was safe to, her eyes slowly opened, her arms moving beneath herself to try and push herself up from the ground she'd landed on. 'what...?' she could see her hands beneath her, now covered with dust. her right hand in particular marked with drops of... her face, apparently, was dripping blood onto her hand? she raised her hand to her face to confirm, held onto the cut when she felt it, her face expressionless. her dull eyes tried to process the scene before her. 'this is a nightmare.' the conclusion popped in her head suddenly as she continued looked on at the desolation, debris and bodies piled across the cobblestone streets. she'd had this nightmare before. nights after, weeks after she had safely returned to cobblelock after her fight with the 'monster', she found herself here. standing in what remained of the library. everyone was always dead.

fia could feel her stomach churn. she could feel the drips of blood still falling from her face. she didn't feel things when she was dreaming. the fact hung in her mind for a moment, her arms uncomfortably crossing around her stomach in some sort of sick anticipation. this wasn't a dream. she clutched her arms, feeling her eyes start to drip too, feeling her face scrunch up and her throat getting tight. 'it's not a dream this time...' her shoulders hunched together as she let out a gasp, her body breaking into a loud sob. she knew it, she knew it, but she had to accept it as real now, because it was real and it was still a threat. her mind suddenly broke into a frenzy of panicked thoughts as she spun around, looking to see the desolation all around her, her eyes still tearing up. nicol. among her chaotic thoughts she remembered him. he had been the last thing she'd seen and now she wasn't here,where was he? "nicol?" she called. it couldn't have been that long since the flash of light, at most two or three minutes, but it suddenly felt like forever since she'd last seen him. she frantically started to push through the debris, scanning through dead faces looking for a living face, his living face. her vision progressively blurred, clouding over with tears.

@Jofune Tsurabisu

Nicol's world went pure white, then came the deafening silence. He had only seconds to react to what he thought was an accident. But deep down inside for a few nanoseconds, he knew it was not an accident, that something wanted the town gone in a permanent way. More importantly, he was worried about Fia. He threw his hand up as it crackled with the last of his magical energy for the day, But the price was paid as the palm of his hand was neatly and cleanly burned, before the improvised, rudimentary shield could slam between him and the brunt of the explosion. However, being saved from instant death, left him open for the debris that rushed to hug and greet him from above. The blue magical aura faded from his hand as Debris piled over and around him. He could only think of poor Fia, a beautiful life snuffed out too soon. He closed his eyes as the sirens in the back of his mind lulled him to a peaceful rest.

However, that rest was short lived as he heard screaming from above him. His hand was still smarting from the heat it had taken, but he could feel the tiny shifts of weight of the pile that has him pinned by the leg and shoulder to the once nice library floor. He was feeling no pain at this point, and the rest was coming back whether he wanted it or not. His voice found no power as it tried calling out, only squeaking a small help. Ah, well, it was a good run, he supposed as he laid amongst the rubble and debris, although he will miss Fia. Hopefully her crossing to the otherside was pain free and blissful, as his was turning out to be. She was quite interesting.

@rusticyawn

fia wiped her eyes, trying to see through her tears. she tried to take a deep breath but couldn't help but gasp again, nearly on the edge of further sobs. she gritted her teeth this time, letting the air come through her nose, before strengthening her resolve. she had to see this through. "nicol!" she called out loud, her shaky voice audible surely audible from a distance across the dying landscape. she began pushing her way through the rubble once more, her eyes holding this time on anything she couldn't readily identify as part of a building or shelter. everything in between was death. she had to hold back tears as she was forced to process it all, but she trudged on, only with the hope of finding at least that one person still living.

by some stroke of luck, she just makes out the silhouette of a black and silver sword's hilt from behind a pile of debris, and immediately, she knows who's it is. "nicol!" she yelps, immediately moving to push away everything in her path to race over to it. once she was by his side, she looked to clear what she quickly could, to get all of him into view. "nicol...!" she said, maybe a little too loudly, as she couldn't help but let go of some of the tears she'd been holding onto. she quickly reached to grab his hand, but couldn't help but stop as she felt an unexpected warmth to it. she turned her head down to see and couldn't help but recoil slightly when she saw it, an uncomfortable and almost reflexive sense of discomfort immediately forming at the sight of the large burn. she blinked, letting go of the intrusive thought and moving her hands to just his wrist instead. "i was- you're not- you're- nicol!!"

she was trying to actually form a coherent thought about him - about how glad she was to see him, how worried she'd been that he was just dead, how lucky it'd been to found him here, but all she could manage was yelling his name, apparently, so she tried to at least do what she remembered she could do and took stock, trying to push what else remained on him away so that he could potentially actually move. "are you- are you hurt?" she looked anxiously in his eyes, blinking furiously as she examined them carefully.

@Jofune Tsurabisu

Somrene coughed loudly. He continued to do so for a fair bit of time. Plenty of dust had found it's way into his lungs after all. He set up, rubble falling off of his large body. So much for his workshop. That was very, very disappointing. He had worked very hard on it. He coughed again, the dust visible in the air. Ugh it had really fucking hurt. Somrene struggled to his feet, the remainder of the debris cascading off his body like a waterfall. He reached down and picked up his warhammer, which had miraculously survived the blast. And now he turned towards Xicor, whom he had heard comment just before the explosion. Somrene reached to pick up the robot man, who had remained unconscious. "Xicor, comrade. Wake up." Somrene whispered, which was still certainly loud enough to wake anybody up. Somrene pursed his lips, knowing his friend the robot man might be a bit more seriously hurt than the Gigant had been. He carefully placed Xicor back onto his mech, which had fallen over from the explosion, but to Somrene's eyes, did not look damaged beyond repair. It was a sturdy thing, built to withstand blows. He turned back away from Xicor and towards the distance. He spotted Hanz, or at least, he thought it was Hanz. Somrene also noticed the robot that had dealt this blow. Looking about the town, destroyed, and the people, dead. "My friend, I will be going to destroy that big thing. Follow if you aren't hurt, and if you are, stay there. It was a mighty explosion.

~~~~

His inn. His fucking inn. In ruins around him. God dammit all. He stood up, shrugging off dust and debris. When he had spotted the flash of light in the distance, Caesar had grabbed a worker to cover him. He was less hurt because of it. Of course, the worker was dead. Caesar tossed the man to the side, his corpse burnt black. Caesar stretched his fingers as he looked about. Everything.... He shook his head. He had wanted to leave eventually anyway. This just made it easier. He quickly went over to the safe, which was busted about, but it appeared that anything inside would be fine. He opened it up, and pulled out the cash he had been keeping safe inside. This inn wouldn't go completely to waste, since now he had money. His employees had certainly gone to waste, but oh well. They could be replaced at some point. His hands went to his quiver, bow, tome, and the blade of the vampire. He examined it once more, hoping to find any kind of special property of it. (appraisal check since I never found out if there was anything special about the vampire's sword) Then Caesar decided to get the fuck out of dodge. Nothing more he could do here after all, everyone was dead. Best start over somewhere else.

~~~~

Lyon groaned awake. Everything had happened so fast. She had been heading to the library when Tolan had approached her. She was about to give him a warm greeting, when she had spotted a flash in the distance. She did not react as fast as Tolan had, who had shielded her as best he could. Of course, both of them had still taken more than a bit of a beating. As she blinked awake, Lyon's hand first shot towards Uzpeni, and then towards Tolan, who was yet unconscious. She flashed swiftly to White Blood, and kneeled over him, channeling healing power into her friend. Tolan was a man who was prickly, and could be irritating, but Lyon knew that there was some goodness to his heart. She sensed that in most of her friends, the people who helped her defend Cobbleblock that is. "Come on you big lug, it'd be a shame for you to die protecting someone other than yourself huh?" She said, shaking him slightly as she put healing energy into him.

@Scrapmaster

- Xicor - The cyborg - Cobbleblock ruins -

Xicor wasn't expecting such an attack in so little time, even if his mech's radar had picked something it wouldn't have made any difference, the attack devastated the entire town. And the sheer force of the impact sent Xicor's entire body and weight spiraling into a wall of the workshop, which was also destroyed. Slamming his head, hard, as he drifted into unconciousness for a time.

That was until he heard someone speaking to him, obviously Somrene, who else could have a whisper be the noise of a shout? regardless, it worked to wake Xicor up, but his suit's systems had to begin a reboot again, because the impact to his head messed with the whole thing's stability.

'System, rebooting, please wait...' His visor showed as Somrene picked him up and placed him on his mech, which, thankfully had not taken any extreme damage. Some scratches and all, but it would still be operational. 'System rebooted, activating self-repair modules.' And with that notice Xicor began feeling some of the pain of the impact going away, or at least being somewhat relieved over time. as he closed his mech's cockpit. "Testing...testing...alright I can speak normaly, good, nothing wrong with my voice module." XIcor spoke with a relieved sigh as he began activating his mech. As the control panel booted up as he adjusted himself in the seat, as he mech's systems seemed alright...nothing out of the ordinary for the moment. The mech's thrusters came back online as the mech lifted into the air again, somewhat, it floated and could fly a b it, but it needed to recharge the main flight generator before trying to do so again, it was capable of very high speeds fight, however.

Without delay, Xicor adjusted his mech's position as it now face towards the giant beast, although significantly far, of course, Xicor still needed to check the weapon systems...

- Tolan - Seeker of moonlight - Cobbleblock Ruins -

"I jinxed it...I fucking did..." Tolan groaned painfully as he began to drift back into conciousness around the rubble that surrounded him and Lyon 'Don't tempt fate...note to self'. He remembered seeing the blast and trying his best to shield Lyon as best he could with a moon magic barrier, it didn't matter, the particle laser was too strong and pierced through it with relative ease, that and the rubble and buildings being thrown at it didn't help much as well. As such Tolan was knocked the hell out, while Lyon, also taking some damage but less than he had, hopefully anyway.

Thankfully Lyon was a healer and could use healing magic, which was neat. As he regained enough of his senses to hear Lyon's words, and also feeling her shaking him around. "Well...I am practicing humility..." He joked as he began to go shift into a sitting position. "Gotta say your healing form is rather convenient...but Thanks" He spoke, feeling a lot better than how he felt a few seconds ago. He looked up to see the gigantic being that had fired the laser that wiped the entire town.

"Holy...fucking...shit." He spoked as he was now finally getting up, the healing magic having nice results on him. Looking around to see Hanz...who had taken a different form, Somrene and a smaller mech in the background.

He reached for his sword, which thankfully was still on his back, and drew it, holding it with one hand and the blade itself resting on his right shoulder. "What do you say to that?" Tolan asked Lyon's opinion about the enemy they now had to face.

@Yuffie Kisaragi

- Hektor - The gentleman - Ruins of a bar in Cobbleblock.

Hektor was enjoying a nice drink before the attack took place, he did feel it somewhat coming, and his reaction to literally jump out of his set and tell everybody to 'Get down!', but that was too late as the attack had already hit the town. Whatever impact that followed hit him harshly, but he remained conciouss enough as his reflex kicked in just in time (Bullet time). Which allowed him to get out of the bar swiftly, before it crumbled on top of him, regretting that he could not save anyone inside, Hektor rolled out of the bar as it crumbled, he catched his breath, as the impact was quite rough.

Only to see the enemy at hand, which prompted him to pick his hat from his head and hold it in his chest for a time. "This...is definitely not good". He spoke as he put the hat back on as he looked around, seeing two people in the distance, one girl and one boy...who had two swords on him.

Hektor walked over to them, with great worry in his expression. Hearing the girl asking if the boy was alright prompted Hektor to simply ask.

"Are you both alright?" He asked them, worridly.

@rusticyawn @Jofune Tsurabisu

rusticyawn said:

fia strast

fia wiped her eyes, trying to see through her tears. she tried to take a deep breath but couldn't help but gasp again, nearly on the edge of further sobs. she gritted her teeth this time, letting the air come through her nose, before strengthening her resolve. she had to see this through. "nicol!" she called out loud, her shaky voice audible surely audible from a distance across the dying landscape. she began pushing her way through the rubble once more, her eyes holding this time on anything she couldn't readily identify as part of a building or shelter. everything in between was death. she had to hold back tears as she was forced to process it all, but she trudged on, only with the hope of finding at least that one person still living.

by some stroke of luck, she just makes out the silhouette of a black and silver sword's hilt from behind a pile of debris, and immediately, she knows who's it is.
"nicol!" she yelps, immediately moving to push away everything in her path to race over to it. once she was by his side, she looked to clear what she quickly could, to get all of him into view. "nicol...!" she said, maybe a little too loudly, as she couldn't help but let go of some of the tears she'd been holding onto. she quickly reached to grab his hand, but couldn't help but stop as she felt an unexpected warmth to it. she turned her head down to see and couldn't help but recoil slightly when she saw it, an uncomfortable and almost reflexive sense of discomfort immediately forming at the sight of the large burn. she blinked, letting go of the intrusive thought and moving her hands to just his wrist instead. "i was- you're not- you're- nicol!!"

she
was trying to actually form a coherent thought about him - about how glad she was to see him, how worried she'd been that he was just dead, how lucky it'd been to found him here, but all she could manage was yelling his name, apparently, so she tried to at least do what she remembered she could do and took stock, trying to push what else remained on him away so that he could potentially actually move. "are you- are you hurt?" she looked anxiously in his eyes, blinking furiously as she examined them carefully.

Nicol was weary, but alive as Fia helped him out of the rubble. "Thank you." he said as he checked himself over. Finding no wounds too serious, he checked Fia out. He looked her over then gave her a reassuring hug. "We have to get out of here." he said, realizing that whatever did this might still be around. And if something could do this, then it was a few years too early for Nicol to pose a threat to it. So he grabbed his gear that survived and hoisted it onto his aching shoulder. "Do not cry for me, I will not leave you until I know you are safe and sound." he said as he patted her head.

@rusticyawn

(sorry, but im not feeling to great, I will try to put more depth into my posts, but for para rping, im still feeling bleh.)

Scrapmaster said:
- Xicor - The cyborg - Cobbleblock ruins -
Xicor wasn't expecting such an attack in so little time, even if his mech's radar had picked something it wouldn't have made any difference, the attack devastated the entire town. And the sheer force of the impact sent Xicor's entire body and weight spiraling into a wall of the workshop, which was also destroyed. Slamming his head, hard, as he drifted into unconciousness for a time.

That was until he heard someone speaking to him, obviously Somrene, who else could have a whisper be the noise of a shout? regardless, it worked to wake Xicor up, but his suit's systems had to begin a reboot again, because the impact to his head messed with the whole thing's stability.

'System, rebooting, please wait...' His visor showed as Somrene picked him up and placed him on his mech, which, thankfully had not taken any extreme damage. Some scratches and all, but it would still be operational. 'System rebooted, activating self-repair modules.' And with that notice Xicor began feeling some of the pain of the impact going away, or at least being somewhat relieved over time. as he closed his mech's cockpit. "Testing...testing...alright I can speak normaly, good, nothing wrong with my voice module." XIcor spoke with a relieved sigh as he began activating his mech. As the control panel booted up as he adjusted himself in the seat, as he mech's systems seemed alright...nothing out of the ordinary for the moment. The mech's thrusters came back online as the mech lifted into the air again, somewhat, it floated and could fly a b it, but it needed to recharge the main flight generator before trying to do so again, it was capable of very high speeds fight, however.

Without delay, Xicor adjusted his mech's position as it now face towards the giant beast, although significantly far, of course, Xicor still needed to check the weapon systems...

- Tolan - Seeker of moonlight - Cobbleblock Ruins -

"I jinxed it...I fucking did..." Tolan groaned painfully as he began to drift back into conciousness around the rubble that surrounded him and Lyon 'Don't tempt fate...note to self'. He remembered seeing the blast and trying his best to shield Lyon as best he could with a moon magic barrier, it didn't matter, the particle laser was too strong and pierced through it with relative ease, that and the rubble and buildings being thrown at it didn't help much as well. As such Tolan was knocked the hell out, while Lyon, also taking some damage but less than he had, hopefully anyway.

Thankfully Lyon was a healer and could use healing magic, which was neat. As he regained enough of his senses to hear Lyon's words, and also feeling her shaking him around. "Well...I am practicing humility..." He joked as he began to go shift into a sitting position. "Gotta say your healing form is rather convenient...but Thanks" He spoke, feeling a lot better than how he felt a few seconds ago. He looked up to see the gigantic being that had fired the laser that wiped the entire town.

"Holy...fucking...shit." He spoked as he was now finally getting up, the healing magic having nice results on him. Looking around to see Hanz...who had taken a different form, Somrene and a smaller mech in the background.

He reached for his sword, which thankfully was still on his back, and drew it, holding it with one hand and the blade itself resting on his right shoulder. "What do you say to that?" Tolan asked Lyon's opinion about the enemy they now had to face.

@Yuffie Kisaragi

- Hektor - The gentleman - Ruins of a bar in Cobbleblock.

Hektor was enjoying a nice drink before the attack took place, he did feel it somewhat coming, and his reaction to literally jump out of his set and tell everybody to 'Get down!', but that was too late as the attack had already hit the town. Whatever impact that followed hit him harshly, but he remained conciouss enough as his reflex kicked in just in time (Bullet time). Which allowed him to get out of the bar swiftly, before it crumbled on top of him, regretting that he could not save anyone inside, Hektor rolled out of the bar as it crumbled, he catched his breath, as the impact was quite rough.

Only to see the enemy at hand, which prompted him to pick his hat from his head and hold it in his chest for a time. "This...is definitely not good". He spoke as he put the hat back on as he looked around, seeing two people in the distance, one girl and one boy...who had two swords on him.

Hektor walked over to them, with great worry in his expression. Hearing the girl asking if the boy was alright prompted Hektor to simply ask.

"Are you both alright?" He asked them, worridly.

Nicol having assured Fia, turned to the man and spoke, "I am fine, and she is fine, I believe." Nicol was always wary of strangers, and after this attack, he was doubly so. So if it seemed like Nicol was bristling, well it was because he was. Not that he had any intentions of engaging a stranger foolhardily, but still, he did not know this man, and that meant the world of opportunity for a well placed knife in his or Fia's back. And that was a risk he was unwilling to take. "Never got your name, friend." he said as he easily put himself between the man and Fia. He held out his hand, as it seemed the right kind of gesture to give, for a person concerned with another's well-being.

@Scrapmaster

fia couldn't help but laugh a little as she wiped the remaining tears away from her face, gripped with such a stark feeling of relief that it was still hard for her to think straight. she was still acutely aware of the severity of their situation, and that things weren't over yet, but for a moment, it didn't matter. there was at least hope. she hugged him back when he hugged her - maybe a bit too forcefully - and eventually reluctantly let go. she took an audible breath, her hands clasping together tightly. she could breathe again. there was still something to save. she let her hands fall back down to her sides and anxiously bounced on her feet. "we have to get out of here." she hears him say as much, but she doesn't really think much about it at first, though her attention moved anxiously to their surroundings. she gave a small smile once her head was pat, but she turns, finally remembering to acknowledge the person who spoke.

almost immediately, she recognized his face. 'hektor?' her eyes went as wide as saucers as she looked him over, just as well-dressed as ever. she didn't know what to do with herself for a few moments, only capable of looking dumb-founded as nicol reached for his hand. it had been over a year, and she had lost hope of ever seeing anyone she had previously knew again, but here he was, seemingly untouched by the the disaster unfolding. her look of shock turned into a stupidly large grin. she nearly tripped over herself, her first instinct being to rush over towards him and hug him or something, but she held herself back, actually noticing this time that nicol was noticeably angled in front of him for probably some reason. instead, she opted to jump up behind nicol's shoulder, trying to put herself in his view without pushing nicol out of the way. "hektor!! nicol, that's hektor!" she stopped suddenly, as if remembering herself, before just deciding to step out slightly beside nicol. she was still smiling, albeit now a little sheepishly.

@Jofune Tsurabisu @Scrapmaster

For one year and four months since the battle of cobbelblock, the angels stood ever vigilant. guarding it. They stood and fought every skirmish, and every battle... Until Belluam, the first Angel broke

Consumed by the corruption of war and hate, she began to demonize. Her fellow angels fought her in a great battle, funnily striking the once majestic Angel down. Weakened by having to kill one of there own, the others continued to fight even though more hero's died and left. The angels stayed. When the people grew tiered if the angels and began insulting them every chance they could the angels stayed and even when they're commander died in a skirmish, they stayed. On and in the cycle went one by one the angels falling, until one remained. The lowest of the angels, Naun'ii the messenger stayed every vigilant perched on the town library. Hse stood alone. Her sister dead and grief always beside her. It now a rare occurrence to find this once joyous Angel ever smile. Naun'ii buried her four sisters in the middle of the first battlefield with the Almighty flaming sword of eden stuck on Belluam's tomb, protecting their graves.

Puella'Avis, awoke on to the noise of a company of people walking towards her. Her mind was blank, as she could not remember how she gotten here. Up in the sky she saw her hawk. How she knew it was hers, she did not know. The young girl reached her hand to the sky and called for it. "Liber to me!" the hawk dove down as the young woman sat up. She petted the bird then looked to the direction of the marching. Soldiers. Puella'Avis observed Standing up she made a quick dash in a random direction trying to avoid strangers for now. But then she hear a crying, from the wind. Intrigued she ran in the opposite direction of the wind following Whispers, shouts and talk that the wind carried with it, until she came upon a desolate ruin that could once be called a town. Then she saw her. A grief stricken Angel sitting perched on one of the few building left standing. Why would anyone Angel be so consumed by sorrow, with wings like hers and the ability to be free wherever she goes? Puella'Avis had thought. The young woman ran then jumped and jumped again, landing on the roof of the library.The Angel took Turned shocked to be caught unawares. Naun'ii quickly dree her sword and tried her best to scowl with her teared stained face. But she quickly reconsidered as Naun'ii realized it was just a spirit.

"Spirt begone, your services are not needed." The angels commanded. But Puella'Avis just tilted her head confused. "Spirt? me? Ha! so that's what I am!" Puella'Avis yelled excitedly The spirt walked up to the angels and hugged her. "Thank you good Angel, you have done well, now fly and be free, you are not meant to roam the earth. Do not let the bonds of grief and duty hold you forever Angel, you may do good else where." Puella'Avis then leaped up to kiss the towering Angel on the forehead, releasing the Angels inner demons. Naun'ii skilled as tears began to well up as she moved to hug the spirit. "Oh thank you so much kind spirit. But I made a promise to protect this town, now go and be free." And with that Puella'Avis transformed into the wind and took off until late she was outside the town. She looked back towards the angels and waved goodbye when suddenly a flash of light blinded her for a moment, then the next thing she saw was nothing...

- Hektor - The gentleman - Cobbleblock ruins -

" It has been a long time...Fia, a pleasure to meet you regardless, how have you been?" Hektor greeted fia with a small smile and a tip of his hat, as he looked as royal as ever as he turned to Nicol. And Shook his hand firmly, like a gentleman! Looking Nicol straight in the eye while keeping the same small smile he used to greet Fia. "A pleasure..." Hektor spoke to Nicol, being as polite as he could, even though he saw through the man's body language and tone of voice almost instantly, the man did not trust him. For good reason, he just had the city crumble around him only to be approached by a man as well dressed as himself and well...that'd scare anyone.

Not Fia however...the girl, energetic as ever, jumping behind Nicol's shoulder as she spoke both the men's names. "Nicol is it? An honor." Hektor spoke giving him a small bow. Before adjusting his suit. And looking at Fia and Nicol.

"It has been a year since we've last met, has it not?" He asked Fia before turning to Nicol. "I assure you, there is nothing to be alarmed, I was in Fia's group a year ago, the one that saved this city and its inhabitants..." He spoke before looking around and sighing, "Well, 'bought some time' would be a better word for it...Still, Its best we not waste time with talking right now..." Hektor spoke before pointing at the gigantic enemy that obliterated the entire town. "For that is most likely charging another shot...Others have already engaged in combat with it. And I will assist them". Hektor spoke, walking past Nicol and Fia before turning himself and looking at Fia. "What will you do? Nicol? Fia?" He asked them. His expression serious.

Nio Magnetus

Looking through their cupboards, he noticed they didn't particularly have much food stored. After examining every corner, he sighed as he found very little for their journey. Noticing Xenith aiding the search, he grinned as he watched her struggle to reach the top shelf. "Need a little help there?" He chuckled softly as he carefully lifted her up. "Thanks, I really should have left the higher area to you." After she collected the few packets that were up there, he quickly pulled her close into a hug, resting his chin upon her head as he liked doing so much. Her cold skin matched his as he closed his eyes momentarily, embracing the short time they had together. Letting her free, he commented softly "It's okay, I'll do the rest." Noticing her leaning by the doorway, he continued searching the kitchen for more supplies.

As he began packing the food supplies into his large, leather backpack, he noticed Jah'Ri had finished packing, and was downstairs. Whilst tightening the straps on his bag, he heard the scene unfold behind him.
"Jah'Ri, I love your blunt warmth, and that will never change." Feeling slightly downcast by the incident, he wondered to himself why he had a rival, and why did it have to be someone Xenith cared about. Shaking his head, he remembered there's no point in thinking about why at this moment in time. It's best if he finds a way to keep his love close instead.

As they traversed the wilderness, he noticed his hand had seeked Xenith's much like Jah'Ri. With his free hand, he grasped the map tightly, even though he had memorized the route already. As they reached a lively forest, he examined the wildlife all around him in awe. Soon, they reached a small clearing. Within, was a saddening sight. A couple of baby wolves, were nuzzling their mother, who was limp and dying, with a deep gash right across her stomach. The tiny pups were whimpering sadly, as they could only watch as their mother slowly bled. Their white fur was stained with red, as the mother attempted to pat them for comfort.

@DergTheDergon <3 <3 <3

Jah'Ri patiently watched and waited as Xenith and Nio continued preparing for the journey ahead, only to find herself looking away as she saw thier sudden embrace. Jah'Ri could almost feel the affection Xenith had for Nio, and vice versa, and it saddened her. Jah'Ri didn't know what she was going to do about Nio, and it seemed best for Xenith if she simply did nothing,but the way she acted around Nio was started to wear on Jah'Ri greatly. Some time soon, Jah'Ri may have to have a talk with Xenith about how it all made her feel, or she didn't know how much more she could bear. Still, she was greatly apprehensive about possibly hurting Xenith with such a discussion.

As Xenith's warm words reached Jah'Ri's ears but a few moments later, however, the Dragonborn's worries surrounding the girl she was currently holding all but vanished from her mind. Jah'Ri released Xenith and smiled warmly. "Jah'Ri thanks you, Xenith." Feeling more assured now, she was in a healthier sate of mind as the trio left the town behind and continued onward. Jah'Ri noticed Nio take Xenith's other hand on the way, and strangely itdidn't bother her. She was content with being able to hold her other hand uninterrupted. Moments like this make her question if she really could live with things the way they were now, despite deeply wanting to be the one Xenith cares for most instead of only receiving half of her affection. Jah'Ri busied herself with keeping a lookout during the trip.

Just before the three entered the clearing, Jah'ri halted, her stance rigid. "Jah'Ri smells blood. Be cautious." This could mean a predator or other possible danger was nearby, and she was't about to let Xenith enter unprepared. Stepping through the foliage cautiously and looking all around, Jah'Ri then saw the source of the scent: a bleeding wolf, female by her scent, two pups gathered close to her. "Nature is a cruel mistress," Jah'Ri remarked sadly. "What do Xenith and Nio think we should do with the pups? The mother cannot possibly have enough strength left to be saved, she has lost too much blood. We could save the pups, Jah'Ri knows what they eat. Will be much time and effort, but we can ensure they grow safely." Looking over to her companions with a questioning look, Jah'Ri waiting for thier answers.

@VioletShadow <3<3<3<3

Xenith La Rosia

Xenith, with her attuned senses to blood, could sense the blood before they reached the clearing, as they slowly walked through the thin forest path. Her eyes were alert, as she watched all around her for the source of it. Gazing upon the pitiful pups, as she entered the clearing, strangely, she had an urgent need to save them, as if something was approaching at a rapid pace. She couldn't quite put her finger on the unusual urge, and she pondered it as she replied to Jah'Ri. "I'd like to take them with us, though...I'm not sure if they'd like me." Generally, vampires weren't good with animals, and she knew this. But she'd try her best, as she felt attracted to the little wolves.

Suddenly, a loud roar shook the forest, causing birds to fly from trees and animals to scamper away. The wolves began to panic, as they struggled to pull their mother away. Slowly, with low growls, a gigantic brown bear appeared from the dark shadows of the shrubbery, prodding closer and closer to the wolves. A large scar was present on it's face, with bruises and cuts all over it's body. Finally, a realization hits her, as she realizes that the mother wolf and the bear had a battle, with the wolf forced to run away. Abruptly, the mother wolf rises her head and starts howling at her children. The twin pups bark back, and it appears they refuse their mother's order, by standing by her body. It's obvious they're scared, their legs shake uncontrollably, but they glare back at the bear as it approaches.

Slowly putting down her satchel, her eyes glow a bright crimson red, as a blood red flame appears above her hand. Focusing her will, she summons an orb to materialize around it, with dark cryptic symbols to swirl around the mysterious ball. Aiming carefully, she suddenly shoots the ball at the gigantic bear, causing the orb to suddenly grow massively and surround the target, and powerful flames to burn inside. After flinching from the pain, the bear quickly smashes the giant shell surrounding it, and charges in her direction. A sudden wisp of freezing temperatures hits her body, and with a little smile, she moves out of the way for Nio to make his move. Watching him concentrate, she watches in fascination as a giant ice wall appears which the bear charges through, only for it's limbs to be slowly frozen. Through sheer willpower, the bear continues on and attempts to attack the one who hasn't done any painful damage yet, Jah'Ri.

@DergTheDergon <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jah'Ri nodded as Xenith made her concerned remark regarding the wolves, her reptilian expression thoughtful as she brought a claw up to her chin. She opened her mouth to continue speculating on what the trio could do for the poor soon-to-be-motherless pups, only to hear a roar and instinctively look sharply in that direction, all her limbs tensing in tandem, sniffing the air like a predator sniffing for pray. It was a bear, which Jah'Ri knew before it appeared by its scent. She had gotten to know the scents of all common creatures to this area as she lived in the nearby town for the past year.

Jah'Ri readied herself to pounce as soon as the bear showed itself, insinctually zoning out the cries of the wolf mother, and even Xenith and Nio's attacks, focusing on finding the right moment to strike. Xenith's spell hit the bear first, and Jah'Ri tensed as it easily broke through her magical shell. She readied herself to lunge at the beast again, but stayed back as she felt the chill of Nio's magic. As a primarily melee combatant, Jah'Ri now saw that Xenith and Nio's magics may prove to be problematic for her in some fights, due to her need to get close to the enemy. Not in this particular encounter though, as the bear, enraged by its surely immense pain, began charging towards her.

Without even a moment's hesitation, Jah'Ri matched the bear's charge by leaping forward using her powerful reptilian legs, jetting maw-fire straight into the bear's face and neck. Once she had closed the distance between them, she latched onto the bear and wrapped her claws and teeth about the bears neck, digging in and going for the killing blow, trying to pin it underneath her by digging her claws into the ground and pushing down all the while. In situations like this, Jah'Ri was in her element. The only thing she was ever sure of is how much she can handle in battle.

@VioletShadow <3<3<3<3<3<3 (I wonder how long we can keep this going xD )

rusticyawn said:

fia strast

fia couldn't help but laugh a little as she wiped the remaining tears away from her face, gripped with such a stark feeling of relief that it was still hard for her to think straight. she was still acutely aware of the severity of their situation, and that things weren't over yet, but for a moment, it didn't matter. there was at least hope. she hugged him back when he hugged her - maybe a bit too forcefully - and eventually reluctantly let go. she took an audible breath, her hands clasping together tightly. she could breathe again. there was still something to save. she let her hands fall back down to her sides and anxiously bounced on her feet. "we have to get out of here." she hears him say as much, but she doesn't really think much about it at first, though her attention moved anxiously to their surroundings. she gave a small smile once her head was pat, but she turns, finally remembering to acknowledge the person who spoke.

almost immediately, she recognized his face.
'hektor?' her eyes went as wide as saucers as she looked him over, just as well-dressed as ever. she didn't know what to do with herself for a few moments, only capable of looking dumb-founded as nicol reached for his hand. it had been over a year, and she had lost hope of ever seeing anyone she had previously knew again, but here he was, seemingly untouched by the the disaster unfolding. her look of shock turned into a stupidly large grin. she nearly tripped over herself, her first instinct being to rush over towards him and hug him or something, but she held herself back, actually noticing this time that nicol was noticeably angled in front of him for probably some reason. instead, she opted to jump up behind nicol's shoulder, trying to put herself in his view without pushing nicol out of the way. "hektor!! nicol, that's hektor!" she stopped suddenly, as if remembering herself, before just deciding to step out slightly beside nicol. she was still smiling, albeit now a little sheepishly.

Scrapmaster said:
- Hektor - The gentleman - Cobbleblock ruins -
" It has been a long time...Fia, a pleasure to meet you regardless, how have you been?" Hektor greeted fia with a small smile and a tip of his hat, as he looked as royal as ever as he turned to Nicol. And Shook his hand firmly, like a gentleman! Looking Nicol straight in the eye while keeping the same small smile he used to greet Fia. "A pleasure..." Hektor spoke to Nicol, being as polite as he could, even though he saw through the man's body language and tone of voice almost instantly, the man did not trust him. For good reason, he just had the city crumble around him only to be approached by a man as well dressed as himself and well...that'd scare anyone.

Not Fia however...the girl, energetic as ever, jumping behind Nicol's shoulder as she spoke both the men's names. "Nicol is it? An honor." Hektor spoke giving him a small bow. Before adjusting his suit. And looking at Fia and Nicol.

"It has been a year since we've last met, has it not?" He asked Fia before turning to Nicol. "I assure you, there is nothing to be alarmed, I was in Fia's group a year ago, the one that saved this city and its inhabitants..." He spoke before looking around and sighing, "Well, 'bought some time' would be a better word for it...Still, Its best we not waste time with talking right now..." Hektor spoke before pointing at the gigantic enemy that obliterated the entire town. "For that is most likely charging another shot...Others have already engaged in combat with it. And I will assist them". Hektor spoke, walking past Nicol and Fia before turning himself and looking at Fia. "What will you do? Nicol? Fia?" He asked them. His expression serious.

(I am combining both replies into one.)

Nicol shook the mans hand. It felt honest. But still he had to be guarded. "It is a pleasure to meet you. What will I, or we will be doing? I do not even know myself or my capabilities, so foolishly rushing into battle with that thing is not in my plans. My plan is to take Fia, and get far enough away, so that if your group fails, then there will be enough distance so that we can seek safety." He spoke. He hated the words as they came out, but honestly, fighting that thing would be suicide. "Also warning other towns and villages near by, getting others to safety before that thing decides to wipe everything out. And if you and the group survive, then next we meet, I will buy the next drink." he said seriously. "Fia, lets gather what we can, and head for the cover of the woods. Take care Hektor. May you find shade." he said, ancient words coming from his lips without much thought.

@Scrapmaster @rusticyawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back