• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bermuda Academy - Classrooms

"Well, Jasper? What do you think?"
The robed figure at the front of the classroom jumped a little, startled by the voice of Headmistress Draconis behind him. Whatever Jasper had expected from today, a sudden attack was not on the list. In one swift motion, Jasper dropped the chalk he was wielding, spinning about to view his assailant whilst reaching for a small knife kept strapped to his belt, ready to defend himself. As in any battle, it is prudent to take a split second to identify your opponent before you...
A moment of silence fell onto the room, the confused wooden mage taking in how very much his 'assailant' looked like the Headmistress at this academy...
The moment was broken by a little gasp when Jasper finished connecting the dots.

"Ah! I'm sorry," Jasper nearly shouted, quickly straightening himself and sheathing his blade, "I was, erm... Distracted."
A raised eyebrow from Jasper's new boss made him flinch slightly, reminding him how oddly intimidating she could be without even trying.
"You do remember that you're teaching history, not rune working, right?" She quized him in amusement, gazing just over his shoulder at the intricate arcane marks drawn on every spare inch of the blackboard. Jasper glanced backwards, sighed and slumped his shoulders, then taking a moment to compose himself before addressing the Headmistress again.
"Yes, I am quite aware. I just... I may have made a discovery related to winged seeds of an Ash tree. There may be a deeper connection to them and gods of knowledge than simple superstition. I know that it's not really related to the class I'll be teaching, but the Ash tree in the courtyard reminded me of the tales an-"
"Jasper." Ms. Draconis blurted out, holding a hand up to stop the endless flow of words coming from the babbling wizard's mouth. "It's fine. Really. I don't mind you exploring concepts while you work here. In fact, I'll encourage you to do exactly that, just as long as you continue to teach your students what they need. I have no doubt that you can conduct academic research and still instruct your pupils."
Jasper blinked twice at her, then let out a little bit of nervous laughter as he rubbed his neck unconsciously. He had to admit that he was rather worried she would berate him for not using his time wisely, although perhaps he was being unfair to her. A small smile stretched across Jasper's face as he bowed his head slightly.
"Thank you, Ms. Draconis. It's rather difficult to find someone who trusts me enough to handle everything I take on. The fact that you do it so readily is... Incredible."

"... Fuckin' YUCK! Get a room, nerds! And not this one!"
An ancient looking leather bound book on the desk, which had previously been looking rather book-like, started animatedly flipping open as it talked, the pages acting like a mock mouth. "You two boring fucks belong together, and FAR away from here!"
Jasper's shoulders slumped as he sighed deeply at the comment. Glaring scathingly at the offending book, Jasper straightened his stance.
"Clyde, Ms. Draconis is my employer," he reminded the rude little book, "and a coworker to boot. Even IF either one of us had any romantic feelings for the other, it would be completely improper to act on it during the schooling season."
"Uh-huh. Yeah, suuuuuuuuure. Don't think I don't see you two givin' each other 'dem mooney eyes."
"... Clyde, you KNOW that I don't feel romanticly inclined about ANYONE."
"No fucking shit, Pinocchio! No junk in yer trunk = no damn sexy time! It don' take a mother fuckin' detective to puzzle that one out!" The book hooted out amid raucous laughter. Jasper tilted his head to the side quizically.
"... There is a difference between romantic and sexual attraction, Clyde." He said blandly.
"Yeah right. Whatever, twig. Now quit gettin' all lovey dovey with that broad over there! We got fuckin' work to do!"
Jasper turned back to the Headmistress, giving a brief appologetic grimace.
"Charming as always, Clyde." Ms. Draconis intoned sarcastically. Walking out of the room with a chuckle and a shake of her head, she called one last thing back at Jasper.
"Oh, and Mr. Wereldzaad? Classes will be starting soon, so you may want to clean up the board and record those notes somewhere more... Permenant. Good luck!"
Waving goodbye at the Headmistress as she left, Jasper turned back around to face the board with a sigh.
"Right. 'We've got work to do'."

"You forgot the "fuckin'" there, Jasp."
"Shut up, Clyde."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back