• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below 40rty [Modern Ice Age RP] - Rules

Paranoid Android

Subterranean Homesick Alien (INFP)
/dee/OS v4.2.7 - 1991 AAMO 100%

AAMO requires SONS subjects to follow a set of rules and norms hand-picked by the Free American Federation’s government. To assure the following of those norms, a small silver device of a rice grain’s size was embedded into your head’s skin, called Norms Securer Pill. The NSP releases a certain amount of modified cyanide upon repeated disobedience of rules (though not having a set number, you’ll always be warned before your last chance), thus “modkilling” the disobeyer. The capsule has an advanced microchip, detecting the broken rules, warning and killing the subject by itself, to prevent any incidents that could be caused by human commands.

The full list of rules can be seen below. While some of them regard to the actual operation, others are about the signing up process, and some are simply essential info.

Rules:

> First and foremost, abide blindlessly to all RpN rules.

> Second and secondlymost, NO METAGAMING. I had to make this clear because this RP involves rival factions and players separated from each other. If you read something that happened far from your character, don’t make him omniscient and know what’s going on unless he’s informed over the radio about it.

> No godmodding. Say “John Doe quickly grabs his M60 and shoots at the direction of the Raiders” instead of “John Doe quickly grabs his M60 and shoots at the Raiders, thus killing them”. Like in any other RP, the player can’t choose the outcome.

> Don’t make Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Have your characters carry both
balanced strengths and weaknesses.

> Only one char per person.

> Write 2+ paragraphs per post (5 lines or more), but I’ll allow you to write just 1 if it’s for combat and there isn’t much to be described, and maybe another situations where there isn’t much to be detailed.

> I'll start this with 5 players or so, and for now I'll keep the max 10. If everything works out fine I might make it bigger.

> Once you make your character a certain way, stick to it. Don’t act out of character. An orphan woman who lost her child upon birth and her husband to the pandemic and is now afraid of getting into new relationships won’t just romance the first player she sees.

> Don’t hurt other players intentionally, unless they’re from an enemy organization and this is a PvP moment (no killing rival players in parts of the game that don’t involve faction fighting unless they agree about it or this is a co-op stage).

> To prove you actually read through the entire rules instead of just checking the fake password at the bottom, replace the asterisks in the CS by “Execute Order 66” instead.

> Attachement to your characters is completely fine (and essential), but it is very possible for you to die if you’re not careful.

> They also might be infected, turning into a hostile NPC if they aren’t killed before completing transition. The symptoms you discover during the roleplay will help you preventing that (also, regarding not acting out of character again, depending on their personality they should not accept death easily, even to make stuff more interesting).

> If you die, you can make another character after 24 hours (unless you were modkilled), as long as the player maximum isn't full.Since different chapters will happen in different locations, they will also have cryochambers for spawning (possibly with some exceptions).

> Romace isn’t the focus of this, but it’s still allowed anyway. But not the focus.

> In case you have to be absent for some time, PM me and say why. I’ll modkill who doesn’t post for a few days without saying anything, the “few days” changing depending on the speed the RP turns out to have, just not longer than a week.

> Try not to post too much if the other players aren’t as active so they don’t get lost, especially if the players in question are travelling with you.

> To prove you read through the entire rules, replace the asterisks in the CS by “Open the pod bay doors, HAL”.

AAMO: Being strict motherf*ckers since 1989

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back