• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Beginner Art Dump

RealisticFantasy

✯ Raccoon Catcher ✯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just started really getting into digital drawing. Always inspired by Disney-Pixar art style and working on replicating it.

Always looking for pointers, constructive criticism, and maybe some compliments

Girlie.jpg
Hands are hard. Drawing with a mouse is extra hard

Hey! It looks cute! I'd recommend looking up references and doing some anatomy studies. It's usually best to learn from real life before going into a more cartoony style (I learned that the hard way) so you know the anatomy.
I guess my main advice is get some pictures and try doing quick sketches of each one, maybe draw over a few with a red line in order to learn what shapes make up the human form.
Would you like some links that might help?

Hello!
That looks really nice! I really love how many textures are there! And the colors are so pretty!

Actually, I used computer mouse for drawing for years (I bought tablet only recently?) and I drew a lot of my favourite artworks with it! While it is terrible for drawing lineart, as a coloring tool it's rather okay!
Here are few tips that will probably make everything easier:

- Since drawing lines with computer mouse is really difficult try to draw the lineart traditionally with a fineliner or a marker (anything black, really), then make a photo of it, set the contrast to high and separate the lineart from the white page with the "similar color" selection tool. Keep your lineart layer on multiply as the first layer.
- Include everything in your lineart- drawing nice lines and edges with computer mouse is really time consuming- it will take much less time if you'll just follow the lines you already have.
-Use a lot of layers! Keep every color on a separate layer, then you can just use "isolate layer" and then the "similar color" selection tool.
- I usually shaded by using very textured brushes like stamps and the gradient tool. And a lot of multiply layers for one color layer.
- I really didn't change opacity of brushes while drawing, it's easier to just fill everything with color in one opacity and then just change opacity of layers.

I hope that it'll help a bit, and I can't wait to see more of your art!

Hey! It looks cute! I'd recommend looking up references and doing some anatomy studies. It's usually best to learn from real life before going into a more cartoony style (I learned that the hard way) so you know the anatomy.
I guess my main advice is get some pictures and try doing quick sketches of each one, maybe draw over a few with a red line in order to learn what shapes make up the human form.
Would you like some links that might help?
I'd love that! The more references, the better.

Hello!
That looks really nice! I really love how many textures are there! And the colors are so pretty!

Actually, I used computer mouse for drawing for years (I bought tablet only recently?) and I drew a lot of my favourite artworks with it! While it is terrible for drawing lineart, as a coloring tool it's rather okay!
Here are few tips that will probably make everything easier:

- Since drawing lines with computer mouse is really difficult try to draw the lineart traditionally with a fineliner or a marker (anything black, really), then make a photo of it, set the contrast to high and separate the lineart from the white page with the "similar color" selection tool. Keep your lineart layer on multiply as the first layer.
- Include everything in your lineart- drawing nice lines and edges with computer mouse is really time consuming- it will take much less time if you'll just follow the lines you already have.
-Use a lot of layers! Keep every color on a separate layer, then you can just use "isolate layer" and then the "similar color" selection tool.
- I usually shaded by using very textured brushes like stamps and the gradient tool. And a lot of multiply layers for one color layer.
- I really didn't change opacity of brushes while drawing, it's easier to just fill everything with color in one opacity and then just change opacity of layers.

I hope that it'll help a bit, and I can't wait to see more of your art!
Interesting techniques! Thanks for sharing. I find that even though it's harder and more time consuming to do the line art with a mouse, I do better than I do with pen and paper. Or maybe I'm just judging my art more harshly. I'll have to play around with different techniques and see what works best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back