• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Becoming human

Lunatic

Fancy penguin
The Ayasaka estate had the enviable location of being up on a hill, overtowering the grassy plains that surrounds it. The main house where the family lived, placed in the center of the lot to fully represent just who matters around here, faced east with a windowed front. This meant that every morning the sun would gradually fill the enormous space that is the greeting hallway. Connor, who was most nights stationed there as a security measure and to greet any family members who arrived home late, had learned to trace the light of the sun's climb up the wall in front of him in order to estimate the time. When the beam hits the bottom of the first painting it was 4:30, at which point the chef should arrive in ten minutes to prepare the masters morning coffee and bagel to go for his early visit to the office. He started the countdown in his head, if the chef doesn’t arrive in time he’ll have to go wake him. Or worse, make coffee. But he doesn’t have to worry as the chef arrives two minutes early with sleepy eyes and a lazy walk. fifteen minutes later, when the beam hits the painted hand of the elderly king, the master leaves the kitchen with hurried steps heading for the automatic car. Connor bows and wishes him a good day.

The third point to look out for is when the beam hits the nose of an old lady dressed in an all black, victorian style dress. Then you know that it’s 6:30 and the full team should arrive to prepare for the rest of the family's awakening. Today though was slightly different as the wife had gone on a trip with the children and wasn’t expected to return until midday tea. It was very unusual for them to travel anywhere without Connor’s protection so he had been very perplexed by it, but the Lady had insisted while mumbling something about being out of her husband's sight for a second. Though he had felt uneasy about the whole thing, he was programmed to protect them and now he couldn’t, it had still left him the perfect opportunity to call a staff meeting to introduce the new member as well as showing her around before she would be expected to work. Humans do require a bit of a windup time after all, it’s a shame the Lady insisted on one taking care of the kids.

So instead of the normal hustle of one or two sleep deprived humans and a couple of stoic androids trying to prepare the days start in a rush, it was a comparatively quiet morning, Androids quietly appeared and then disappeared into the large kitchen for the scheduled meeting, then the few human staff members entered with loud huffs and displeased guffs, shooting looks at Connor that he could only interpret as angry, presumably because they had seen an opportunity to catch up on their sleep. For this reason most people don’t allow androids in a management position over humans, very few humans accept being ordered around by a machine and it tends to lead to power struggles. But Mr. Mark Ayasaka had insisted on Connor managing the household, and the master finds it hard to reject him.

Instead of following his subordinates inside he checked his smartwatch (which he did indeed carry at all times, watching the sun and counting the minutes is just a way to make the time pass), which showed 6:50. The new arrival was supposed to arrive any minute so for the first time of the day Connor left his position as the watcher of the hall and headed outside to the gravelled circle that served as a metropolis of the estate: with similarly gravelled paths leading to all corners and buildings that belonged to it. There he waited, with hands tied behind his back and a slight but friendly smile on his lips that didn’t quite reach his eyes, as the newbie arrived.

“Hello” He greeted her unenthusiastically and quickly continued without waiting for an answer, “My staff is waiting for us so we better get going. There will be time for questions later.” He flashed another polite but slight smile, before curtly continuing, “Follow me, please.”

Upon those words he smoothly turned around and assuming she would follow continued to walk with determined steps towards the kitchen, never glancing back to double check. He led through the grand hall that mixed modern architecture with ancient decorations and into the industrial kitchen, which could easily fit workstations for ten people though they only had one chef and two android helpers to run it.

“Everyone, this is the new nanny that will be joining us. You should leave any childcare related tasks to her and once again focus solely on your own duties.” He then threw an expectant glance at the girl, urging her to introduce herself.

Jobs with the wealthy were uncommon to the human kind these days, that receiving the family embellished envelope with the beautiful gold seal had felt like some sort of fantasy she would snap away from at any moment. Christiana White, the new nanny to the Ayasaka Family, a title she never knew she'd obtain but would surely wear with pride once she settled in and became accustomed to her life - at the whims and needs of her new employers was a life any person could wish for. From what the young woman had heard, many women and many nanny-droids had been signed up for the opportunity to work for the prestiges family, but from her studies and recommendations from the middle class families she's worked with she appeared to be the perfect match for the family and it certainly wasn't a compliment she would take lightly. Being picked while having nanny-droids built and made for childcare, trained and manufactured to be the perfect mother stand in meant the world to her. Saying a goodbye her family was hard, Christiana had little to no idea of when she would be able to see her family again.

She was expected to the complete the world that many used androids for, she was expected to care and raise this family’s children into being the model Ayasaka member.

The drive was long, she had packed little as the family instructed she would only need minimal clothing and necessities as she would be expected to be in proper uniform whether it be during the night in case the children decided to suddenly raise from their slumber, and she had to be in proper uniform at all times throughout the day. Thankfully in the list of necessities she was able to bring a notebook her mother had made her while she had been in school - beautifully press pages with leather bounding and burned into the leather there were two swans, forming a heart around their hatchling. Her parents had fought hard to put her through her schooling, to keep food on the table, she would make sure all there struggles paid off. Running her fingers over the leather, the knot in her stomach would only tighten and turn her stomach inside out. This all still felt like a dream, it felt too good to be true, but the reality and weight of it all began to fall down onto her shoulders as she became faced with the wonderful Estate which she would be working within until the day or her termination.

As macabre as it sounded, she could only hope to raise the children and the children’s future children. She wanted to make an impact, she wanted her life to be worth something and if it meant giving it up for a brighter future and to show that human workers could still be prized...she’d die a happy woman.

Unloading her baggage and paying the taxi service felt like an eternity, but within a blink she found herself upon the gravel circle upon a handsome man who smiled at her. Christiana of course would offer her most sincere smile, although she was struggling with her luggage would she would only set down for a moment expecting a hand greeting perhaps or an offer to be helped out with her luggage but as soon as she was letting herself relax the man turned and began to walk. Motioning for her to follow, she would immediately scramble into picking up her luggage to follow behind the man. 'How rude...Is everyone cold?' Christiana would huff within her own thoughts, lugging around her luggage until they would finally reach what she assumed was the main kitchen where a few of the staff and she felt the push to smile as she sat her luggage down again. Hoping that she would perhaps be able to ask for help, she didn't want to meet her future employers while she was breaking in sweat.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you, I'm Christiana White, I'll be taking charge of any duties relating the children whether it be their care or at their disposal as need be - during school days I'll be tasked with leading a hand with whatever duty is needed. I hope we can get along." Her smile never once faltered, it was warm and not as intense as it had been before. Signs of her anxiety were beginning to peek through the cracks but she was holding together as best as she could.

Upon hearing the brief but professional introduction, Connor gave a somehow satisfied nod and answered in a slightly hushed tone, “I think you’ll find that our household runs much like clockwork, but if one of the pieces is faulty and pushes more work on you than your assigned share,” He readjusted his position, once more crossing his hands behind his back and putting on a charming smile, this time opting to let it reach his eyes, “It should be replaced.”

After that slight exchange he once again turned to his waiting staff, most of whom had obviously heard his statement: As the humans frowned at him with a hatred that could only have been building up over time, while the androids were as stoic as usual. He quickly dropped the smile, his studies of successful managers had heavily dissuaded him against being too friendly to his staff and frankly, unlike other machine-made androids who were programmed to be submissive to every human they come across, Connors code allowed him more freedom in his choice of approaching anyone else than his master. “Androids Fx-1400 and 320 do a sweep of the house, make sure nothing is out of place after the masters,” He paused his words for a second, looking for the polite word to use to address his master, “Festivities yesterday. Ap-10 and 15, do something about the lawn, it’s a mess and the grass is at least twenty millimeters too long.” A frown formed on his face, the mere thought of it disgusted him. “Humans have the time off until the lady and the children arrive, I expect you to be in top shape after having the opportunity now to get refreshed. Meeting adjourned.”

The staff started hustling about, the androids having received their orders were moving to fulfill them while the humans were likely eager to get back to their beds. They all passed him on their way out, being careful to maintain a distance, “Not you, Mikeal, we’re going to need your tea making abilities for a moment longer.” He said without looking at the recipient, keeping his normal cold expression. “Mano can do that, I’m going to bed,” Mikeal answered, the ‘Mano’ he referred to was one of the android that helped him in the kitchen, “Fx-1400 have different duties to attend to. I am not asking you.” Once again a smile spread across his face, not by his own will mind you but because his code was eager to defuse any arguments with humans: He didn’t have to bow and scrape like others but he couldn’t be openly hostile either. It was a bit troublesome as it went against his studies of proper managers.

The chef gave in, seemingly thinking that it would go quicker to just do it than stand and argue about it before, and Connor turned once more to the new nanny, his smile dimming a bit. “Please,” he said while motioning to a chair by the table “Take a seat.” He went to grab the seat opposite while saying, “The lady doesn’t like the smell of coffee, so we don’t serve it unless someone important requests it.” He took a seat, undoing the one button that was connecting his black suit jacket and exposing the blue button up underneath. He didn’t wear a tie unless for special occasions, something to do about the master wanting a sense of freedom and relaxation in his home. That is one measly version of freedom, Connor thought. “I’m sure you’ve done your homework and know that the family has four children, oldest being Maya at fourteen and youngest is Spencer at two years. They are excellent future members of society and the Ayasaka family, it is of utmost importance that you treat them with the respect they command and deserve.” At this point Mikeal had came to ask about which tea the nanny would prefer, but Connor waved him off, “You will follow me for the rest of the day, as I have mostly been in charge of child rearing chores since the last nanny was fired, I will begin with showing you the area and when the children arrives you will do your job under my supervision. This will continue for a while, with you earning more and more trust as you go. I will be reporting what I see to the lady of the house, she will make the final calls of when we can trust you further.” He took a small break in the conversation, letting her process the information. “Do you have any questions or shall we begin the tour?”

Christiana didn't really expect everyone within the household to be all happy and sunshine, working with a prestigious family could surely be taxing on physical and mental health - but there was a way in how many of the human workers looked at the male who had greeted her at the door. It was cold and unwavering, they seemed begrudging to take the orders they were given. That's when she began to wonder if the males politeness was just all a ploy, some sort of mask he placed on while he waited for her to either be hired or fired before she even got the chance to work with the family. Maybe he'd reveal his true personality once the results came out but something within her told her that wouldn't be happening, as serious as the man seemed he didn't look like the type of person to be cold on purpose. If he was leader of the staff it was rather obvious that he had to tough and have a leading spirit and at times it meant being blunt. She couldn't just stand around and try to analyze every single human or machine that came across her, not only would that be a waste of time but also it would be a lot smarter for her to focus on herself to keep herself from committing any mistakes.

It would take her a minute to take the hint of being motioned to sit down, which she almost immediately did, straightening out her skirt underneath her for it to not clump up and gently rested her hands upon her land. Twittidling with her fingers, straightening her back. "I don't have many questions, but I do wish to know if there is anyplace I could leave my belongings, I'd feel bad letting them lay around." The young woman would slightly clear her voice, motioning to her baggage. The last thing she wanted was to appear as unprofessional and Bossy when she knew she was in a lower ranked station where she was supposed to listen to the rules and not question them. But in this instance, she didn't feel as if she was stepping out of line. "But apart from that, I am ready to start the tour"

Thankfully, the first stop in the tour had been the room in which she would be staying in, rather close to the children's room, it would only make sense of course in case the children ever needed something she would be there at the drop of a hat. She didn't take the time to unpack, but she simply left them neatly sat on the room before continuing on the tour.

The estate looked well cared for, everything ran in a precise order. Nothing seemed out of place, not a single piece of dust or item seemed out of place and the man before her seemed to be rather proud of this fact. It made her rather nervous, as it would only raise expectations and if she fell, she would fall hard and fast if she wasn't smart and quick on her feet - all she could hope for was that the man before her wasn't a snide top collar man who'd make working there a living hell. He seemed rather kind in a very blunt way. But there was something that was itching at the back of her brain, and Christiana had been biting back her tongue for as long as possible but eventually she would blurt it out. "If I may know, why was the last nanny fired? I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries that is, but I wish to avoid any mistakes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back