Beck Milton

Bolts

Day Dreamer Deluxe
[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Genre: [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Alternative/Other[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Name: [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Beck Milton[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px]19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Gender: [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Male[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Appearance: [/SIZE]

anime_guy__with_headphones__by_randy7878-d9j9wve.jpg

Beck tends to wear loose fitting cloths now that he is living on his own. While he doesn't have much money, he still likes to splurge and buy himself necklaces or nice headphones. It would be very odd for him not to have some interesting necklace on when he his out and about. While outside, he wears jeans but at his own place, he will wear sweat pants. He likes to wear sandals most days till it gets to winter time. Then he wears nice black boots. 

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Personality: [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Beck[/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px] Is a bright young man who is always trying to find the next greatest thing in his life. Never sticking to one job or subject for an extensive period of time, he has fair knowledge in many different skills. He will stumble upon some great skill or work that he finds fascinating and just goes for it without a second thought. This tends to leave him a little scattered in with his involvement in other things he had been working on. It's not that he got bored of what he was doing. He just found something better to preoccupy his time with. His reasons for doing so could possibly be traced back to his home life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Other than his methods of work, he likes listening to others more than anything. He will be the guy in the group that continues to listen to someone even if another butted in. It makes him feel like he gets to understand others more and in turn understand himself along the way. This is why he looks out for the smaller people. Those that have a hard time with life and others. A friend to all, no strings attached. The only problem with that is that he himself doesn't like opening up. He feels it burdens others though he knows many he has spoken to feel the same. He just cant get out of this mindset no matter how many people tell him it is okay. If they persist too long, he will bend the truth or find something uninteresting about himself to speak of. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Backstory:[/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333333333333px] He is the oldest sibling out of his family. A simple family of a mother, father, and younger sister. Before his younger sister was born, he was always the star of the show. Any achievement big or small he did was met with praise. For the longest time, he was happy. He might have been an average Joe, but things were going his way. Once his sister was born though, his reign of attention was ending. A baby needs to be looked after by the parents which left Beck to find happiness another way. He started out with traveling around his house, then his front and back yard, finally working his way to a forest near by. He found troves of bugs, thus he began interest in collecting them. Finding rarer and rarer bugs. After a few years, he found a very rare species, albino too! Yet his work was never looked at. His sister was an up and coming prodigy of the musical arts. While he was out collecting bugs, she was playing masterpieces like it was a simple Do Re Mi. He ended his hunting after that. Since he couldn't get attention via collecting rare bugs, he tried music as well. He practiced every day and night yielding great results yet he was still overshadowed by his sister. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Starting to get frustrated, not with his sister, his parents. He tried over and over again to get the attention he once had. Each skill he learned was met with little to no reactions. Even though he craved the attention, he saw his sister didn't want it. He had spoken to her many times about how she was doing and each time it was the same. "Everyone is always in my business" or "I have no free time anymore!" He felt sorry for her. The one thing he wanted, she never wished for. He would try his best to give advice, and secretly try to get himself some attention, to her. This kept going on for many years till it was time to leave for college. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]He had spent so many years trying different things that when it was time to start choosing what he wanted to do for his life work... He had no idea what to do. He was frozen in his own mind. In the end, he chose not to go to school. Now, he received attention from his parent. Angry attention for not going to higher education. When he explained why, they did not want to hear it. "It's either school or move out." They said. With that, his fate was sealed. When it was time to move, he took his sister aside. He asked her if she wanted to come with him. He knew she was miserable in her life style and wouldn't force her like his parents did. She refused. As much as she was sad, she was fearful of the unknown now. She was trapped by her own mind like he was. So, he moved out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]He takes life day by day now as he does odd jobs for people. His ability to pick up any work needing to be done can be thanked by his years of changing interests. Though he is still sad he never really got what he wanted, he is more at peace with it now. He realized it wasn't worth it but the damage was already done. He doesn't talk to his family much anymore with the acceptation of his sister. Now, as he lives, he awaits the next big thing to whisk him away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Other: He has his own little routine for his days. He goes every morning to get a coffee from the cafe where the workers all know him by name and order now. Picks up a news paper and gets online to find odd jobs for that day. Then, at the end of the day, crashes while watching some E-sports that is streaming. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]Inspiration: With each song, I got the feeling there were two people being talked about each time. As I closed my eyes, I pictured siblings. One was praised while the other tried their best to figure things out in their life. From Kids, I felt Beck was praised at first but once his sister came into the picture, he had to scrounge for attention. He used what his family could offer to test new things and learn. He took control of his life to do what he felt he wanted to do, even if he chose not to do it in the end. The lyrics "take only what you need from it" gave me the thought he was taking what his family could offer to find new things to do. Never going over any bounds he knew he shouldn't cross. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]The two birds really solidified that there were siblings. One was willing to try new things and adventure while the other wanted so hard to but couldn't. As much as Beck offered, his sister couldn't take flight like he did. While he was out finding new knowledge, she was stuck on her wire. Stuck in the repetition of what their parents wanted from her. Beck was the only one who took the time to listen to her. They will always be closest with one another, even if they are apart. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.3333333333333px]With Savages, I got the feeling Beck was trying anything to get attention. It was human nature, in our DNA, to want to be noticed for our hard work. In the end, it is also human nature to focus on more talented work that up and coming projects. This gave me the idea his parents were less enthusiastic about his hard work and focused more on his sister who had innate talent. [/SIZE]

View full character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back