Story Beautiful Things - Chapter I: Vox

Fluffy Cookies

Angelic Demon
Roleplay Type(s)
Falling… I was falling. Hot wind was whipping around me as I woke. I saw red sky with crimson clouds. I could feel my hair hitting my face. I felt different. The top of my head, my tailbone, and my shoulder blades all hurt. My eyes felt weird too. I had just enough time to see the tops of buildings before I hit the ground… I hit the ground hard. Coughing and groaning, I managed to sit up. The breath had been knocked from my lungs.

Raking a hand through my hair, my hand didn’t get far. Instead, it hit a double pair of horns. Yes, you heard me right: Two sets of horns. My tongue grazes my teeth, finding two fangs, and my eyes travel to my back. Two, scaley black wings and a tail protruded from my black dress. Hold on… I wasn’t wearing this dress when I died… I was wearing something longer… Now I’m wearing a black mini dress with a halter neck and no back… AND I HAVE A TAIL! (Dress: )

“What the fuck?” I asked myself, scrambling to my feet. My eyes flick to my surroundings. Dirty. Crumbling. Fires. Chaos…. “WHAT THE FUCK?!” I panicked. I knew exactly where I was. The heat and the chaos gave it away. It was inevitable anyway. I… Am… In… HELL!

My pulse quickened… If I had a pulse. Someone grabbed my wrist tightly. This didn’t feel very comforting, but it didn’t feel very threatening either. I dug my heels into the ground to keep from being dragged away. Looking up at the one who held my wrist, I noticed he had a flat screen as a head and stood about ten feet tall. My eyes widen and my brows furrow in utter confusion.

“If you want to be safe, don’t struggle,” He said, screen glitching just a bit.

“Lemme go!” I seethed, still trying to pull my hand out of his iron grip. He didn’t. It was no use in trying to get away. He took me into a dark building.

“Now… What’s your name?” This TV Demon asked, letting go of my hand. I was silent. “Oh, if you don’t like your name, now’s your time to change it if you want to.” My name… The one I was given… Is Isabella Colburn… But, I always liked the name…

“Emilia… Emilia Darling,” I whispered, “But, Emily’s fine…”

“Well, Emilia, the name’s Vox,” he introduced, holding out his hand for me to shake. I stare at it for a moment as we stand on an elevator-like platform.

“Why are you being so kind to me…?” I asked slowly, shaking his hand. A smirk formed across his screen. The platform descended.

“Because I require a new assistant… The last one met an… unfortunate, second ending,” Vox says. My new, golden eyes narrow and my pupils thin.

“What did they do?” I smirked a little, remembering the good ol’ days of being an assassin.

“They didn’t follow through with any of the things I tasked them with,” he said simply.

“Idiots, am I right?” I say as we come to a room full of screens. The blue light from them was already making my head hurt. I rubbed my eyes with my thumb and forefinger.

“Oh, here, you may want these,” Vox nodded, handing me a pair of blue-light filtering glasses. I instantly put them on.

“Thank you, Vox,” I acknowledged. He sits down in a fancy office chair and motions for me to sit with him. I didn’t move.

“What is it…?” He asked.

“I just fucking met you… and you want me to sit on your lap…” I said, “At least buy me a drink first!” Vox chuckles.

“Well, as you can see, I can’t exactly drink anything,” the TV Demon explains, pointing to his screen face.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t,” I retorted, crossing my arms. I felt my tail swish irritably. “Besides, I find it a little odd that you have a television as a fucking head…” He was silent for a moment, almost taken aback by my comment. “Sorry, I’m just not used to anyone that doesn’t look more… Human?”

“Oh… Would you like me to change…?”

“You can do that…?” I asked, cocking a curious brow. He nodded. God, it’s weird to see a TV nod… He spins his finger in the air, signaling for me to turn around. I did so with a swift movement, remembering what they had taught us in Marching Band.

A zapping sound could be heard and I could see Vox’s silhouette on the wall. His little top hat fell to the floor. It looked almost painful for him. His entire look changed… Except for his clothing. His head shrunk to a normal, human-sized-looking head. And his height decreased by four feet.

“Alright,” he said after a moment, “You can turn around now.” When I did, a vibrant blush spread across my face. (Here’s what he looks like now: )

Vox was six feet tall now. His hair was mainly black with a little tuft of red on the left. There was a red zig-zag across his right eye and both of his irises were -still- crimson-red. His skin was pale and his hands bare.

“Well,” Vox smirked, sitting down in his chair again, dusting off his top hat and placing it back on his head. The chair was almost too big for him now but it just made things a little more ominous. He motioned for me to sit with him again. I smiled just a little and obliged, sitting in the space between him and the arm of the seat. He tuts and moves my legs to drape across his lap. My blush only deepened in color.

“W-Well, aren’t you just a Rico Suave…” I stuttered. Vox chuckled and lifted my chin gently. This made me feel nervous… Really nervous… The last time someone did this kind of thing to me, he had mal-intent against me, and he ended up dead.

“Valentino says I don’t have it in me to pull a girl,” He chuckled. “And Velvette says I’m oblivious to those who do flirt with me… But I think I’ve just proven them wrong.” Before I could say anything, a voice came from his watch.

“Vox, Val needs you up here again,” A female says. Vox swiped the watch and the female appeared on one of the screens. “Oh, you changed your look…!” She trailed off. This must be Velvette.

“Yes, and I have a new assistant.” He responded, “I’ll be right up.” He smirked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back