• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

BBCode 2.0

Birb said:
Will we be able to embed google slides? o-o Without converting it into a PDF I mean.
I believe technically slideshows are Google "Docs" which we will include support for in the next version :) !

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I believe technically slideshows are Google "Docs" which we will include support for in the next version :) !

[/QUOTE]
veddddy hype about this

I have no idea what will be acceptable to ask so I'll just say 'Thank you for the tag! ' and 'If I get an idea I'll scream it out here~'!

:3

oh so you're basically asking for my coding wishlist?

ok let's get started 8'D

1. A way to dictate row and column sizes in tables. :c
  2. Disable automatically removing line breaks in tables.
  3. If there's a height restrict code, is it possible to get a width restrict code?
  4. More Tab versatility such as dictating its BG color.
  5. Disabling auto-bold in accordion and tab titles
  6. Larger text size limit overall.
  7. Just reiterating what @Yunn said colored dividers and highlights

monopoisoner said:
A way to dictate row and column sizes in tables. :c
chrome_2016-07-17_15-23-37.png

What's the difference between cell spacing and cell padding? Or do we get to wait and see?

Was the question ever answered about what happens to anything in a code /code box? Will it automatically translate?

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Was the question ever answered about what happens to anything in a code /code box? Will it automatically translate?

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]What do you mean?

[/QUOTE]
Like, when we have things in our workshop saved

Code:
like this

will that carry over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eunoia said:
Like, when we have things in our workshop saved
Code:
like this

will that carry over?
I think so.

Thats not a bbcode made by us, all editors usually have that, including the new one.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I think so.
Thats not a bbcode made by us, all editors usually have that, including the new one.

[/QUOTE]
Not the code, itself though. The actual code box? Like... I have character sheets saved in spoiler boxes, but they're saved purely in code form using the code /code bbtag. So all you see is the code text.

That's what I'm not sure will transfer properly, since it's just text code.

You know how on some websites, like Blogger, it lets you switch between Normal Mode and Code Mode?

I'd like the ability to do this on the new editor. Not only would this please the BBCode supporters, but it also comes with this benefit an editor without code would have.

I'd like to be able to copy and paste, for example, text with links, and paste it with it still containing the links. I have not been able to do this here and it is a frustration of mine.

What do you think?

Riuma said:
You know how on some websites, like Blogger, it lets you switch between Normal Mode and Code Mode?
I'd like the ability to do this on the new editor. Not only would this please the BBCode supporters, but it also comes with this benefit an editor without code would have.

I'd like to be able to copy and paste, for example, text with links, and paste it with it still containing the links. I have not been able to do this here and it is a frustration of mine.

What do you think?
Try turning off RTE (rich text editor) and you'll do fine.

@Riuma

Regretfully, it is impossible to manually type code into the system since it relies on HTML (or another type of up to date coding) instead of BBCoding. DWiz broke my heart by admittingthat BBCoding is a dead language. No matter how much I hate the idea of clicking and not understanding "stacking," we just have to wait and see to fully understand the change. Albeit, I am still on edge about it.. I am trying to focus on other stuff...

... like legit graphic shop and the rise of photo manipulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
CSS and HTML were my first languages so I'm pretty hyped for the change honestly!

I learnt photomanip along the way so the direction RPN is taking is pretty much right up my alley.

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]This thread is regarding the new system that is coming sometime in 2017 :)

[/QUOTE]
I do know that. I just assumed he was talking about the current coding system, due to the statement below.

Riuma said:

Reinhardt said:
I do know that. I just assumed he was talking about the current coding system, due to the statement below.
I think what he means is... copying a page with hyperlinks and having the hyperlinks stay as they are (without having to use the URL /URL code) - which you can't do on RPN currently with either editor. (Link designations just appear as regular text, instead of hyperlinks)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I think what he means is... copying a page with hyperlinks and having the hyperlinks stay as they are (without having to use the URL /URL code) - which you can't do on RPN currently with either editor. (Link designations just appear as regular text, instead of hyperlinks)

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I realized it a while ago and simply kept silent to lessen the shame I am to take.

Reinhardt said:
Yeah, I realized it a while ago and simply kept silent to lessen the shame I am to take.
Haha - no shame! It varies depending on the editor whether or not it allowed for hyperlink crossover <3

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I think what he means is... copying a page with hyperlinks and having the hyperlinks stay as they are (without having to use the URL /URL code) - which you can't do on RPN currently with either editor

[/QUOTE]
Oops.

You can on the new editor.

All formatting posted into an editor sticks and it will ask you if you want to retain formatting or remove it like Word does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back