• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom BBC Sherlock: Give Me A Reason [Open to Sherlock, John, Mycroft, Moran, Lestrade] [tw severe depression/ mental issues]

Moriarteaze

The Consulting Criminal
Well this was about it.

Jim Moriarty was a man who had everything and nothing, at exactly the same time. Sitting in a secret and luxurious flat in the heart of Mayfair, he watched the television with a stone dead expression. The thing about the voices, as he had once tried to explain and describe to Tiger, was that it was not as if someone were speaking to you. It was not- it was so damned hard to impart to another person what it was like. It was indescribable, really, and he knew that much. The scotch and ice in his hand was long melted, and he set it down finally, untouched. The therapist all those years ago- at one of the forced sessions his mother had insisted on- had asked him if he were depressed, and then explained, in very technical and rather distressing terms, just precisely what clinical depression was. Young Jim had listened, and then finally merely shrugged. He had no real idea if he had this frightening thing or not. Was he sad at times, for no reason. No ... not for no reason. Savagely bullied and picked on for his small size and pretty face, Jim had had a rough go at school. But the sadness was there before the troubles.

Tonight, he was lonely. He had texted Sherlock back and forth endlessly, something he never did. Truth be told, he needed the contact. Sherlock was always happy to indulge, and at one point seemed concerned:

Sometimes it seems easier to just end the whole show. JM

Are you bluffing or for once, not gaming me? SH

If this were a game tonight I'd be in a better frame of mind. Forget it, Sherlock. JM

Are you actually reaching out for help? I am not mocking you. Tell me the truth, for once. SH

Jim didn't answer.

Instead he texted Mycroft. Mycroft was no fool, and the immediate response was: either submit yourself for help or there is nothing I can do. The offer is here, open and waiting. I could commit you against your will and you'd just break out. Waste of my time and energy. MH.

The loneliness bit at his heart, and Jim marveled at this a little. Most of the time he was detached from most everything. Nothing really ever felt real. He knew he was sick. But it was more than that. His soul yearned tonight, treacherous thing that it was, and all he wanted was someone's arms around him and words of kindness. Yet this made him blister inwardly in self loathing. The extent of weakness was disgusting now.

Give me a reason, he thought blankly. Give me a reason to exist at all.

Well this was about it.

Jim Moriarty was a man who had everything and nothing, at exactly the same time. Sitting in a secret and luxurious flat in the heart of Mayfair, he watched the television with a stone dead expression. The thing about the voices, as he had once tried to explain and describe to Tiger, was that it was not as if someone were speaking to you. It was not- it was so damned hard to impart to another person what it was like. It was indescribable, really, and he knew that much. The scotch and ice in his hand was long melted, and he set it down finally, untouched. The therapist all those years ago- at one of the forced sessions his mother had insisted on- had asked him if he were depressed, and then explained, in very technical and rather distressing terms, just precisely what clinical depression was. Young Jim had listened, and then finally merely shrugged. He had no real idea if he had this frightening thing or not. Was he sad at times, for no reason. No ... not for no reason. Savagely bullied and picked on for his small size and pretty face, Jim had had a rough go at school. But the sadness was there before the troubles.

Tonight, he was lonely. He had texted Sherlock back and forth endlessly, something he never did. Truth be told, he needed the contact. Sherlock was always happy to indulge, and at one point seemed concerned:

If this were a game tonight I'd be in a better frame of mind. Forget it, Sherlock. JM

Are you actually reaching out for help? I am not mocking you. Tell me the truth, for once. SH

Jim didn't answer.

Instead he texted Mycroft. Mycroft was no fool, and the immediate response was: either submit yourself for help or there is nothing I can do. The offer is here, open and waiting. I could commit you against your will and you'd just break out. Waste of my time and energy. MH.

The loneliness bit at his heart, and Jim marveled at this a little. Most of the time he was detached from most everything. Nothing really ever felt real. He knew he was sick. But it was more than that. His soul yearned tonight, treacherous thing that it was, and all he wanted was someone's arms around him and words of kindness. Yet this made him blister inwardly in self loathing. The extent of weakness was disgusting now.

// are Oc's welcome?

Well this was about it.

Jim didn't answer.

*My Oc knock at the door and calls * Jim? Jim are you alright in there?

Jim got up and opened the door. "Of course I'm alright. Why would you think otherwise." He smiled, to hide what was really going on in his head. "Come in, then."

*Opens the door* Jim, don't lie to me, I know what's going on inside your head.
besides your not alone in thinking what your thinking

Jim arched a brow, but sat back down, gesturing to one of the chairs. "Sit down. What the hell are you talking about, you know what's in my head. How would you know, hmm? Maybe you'd care to explain just what you're talking about. Nothing's the matter, anyway. I'm fine, really, so - but I'm glad for the company. Now, what do you mean, I'm not alone in thinking what I'm thinking. Please, do enlighten me because I'm very confused." Jim hoped his lies would help sway the other to where questions would not even be asked about this. Mental illness was hardly something he ever spoke about, but right now, it had caught up to him, and in a vicious way. Depression, sadness. All of it.

"I'm fine, so go ahead and tell me. What are you talking about ?"

"What's inside your head is what is going on inside of mine, that's why I said your not alone in thinking what your thinking Jim, Depression is not a bad thing it just makes you feel like you can actually feel what your supposed to feel as human, speaking from past and present experiences, pain is one way to make you feel human" I said staring at him feeling like I was on fire

"alright I'll just go then" I get up and try to walk to the door, "Oh and Jim, try to talk to me once and I while I could help you, if you want of course, goodbye love" and I walk the door and start to open it up

Jim sighed.

"No, go on, explain. I want to hear it, whatever else you have in mind. I just - I want to feel better, and I really don't know how anymore. There's so much wrong .. see, that sounds whiny, and I do not want to whine, I hate whiners! You know this! I hate them. Yet I feel so down. There doesn't seem to be much left to do or experience in this life anymore. Am I wrong? Besides feeling down, I mean - I'm not well. I'm sick in the head, you know this, so do I."

"Jim we're both sick in the head, just I know slightly how to handle it" I sighed and sat back down, and leaned forward, "Jim the best thing I can do for you is help you through what your going through, like a friend, I know that your not one to have friends or even talk about what your going through, but the best thing you can do right know is talk to me, I've been where you are Jim, Heck I still am where you are I just forget half of the time because I have things to help me through the pain" I said as I gestured to him, "Life is a gift that was given to us by some stupid being, there are some people like me and you Jim, that shouldn't even be alive and yet here we are, alive and kicking telling the world to go screw itself" Smiling him waiting for him to yell at me and tell me that I was wrong

Jim felt some real relief at this, and settled back, it was so good to have someone commiserate this way. It made him not feel so all alone, it was rather incredible that his friend actually did understand. "Thank you. Thank you for helping me handle with this, deal with it. Feel like I have something to live for." Heck. When was the last time he'd a word like heck .. people usually cursed pretty freely around him, and he did as well. Having a nasty mouth was just part of life around the sort of people Jim spent every day with in his Organization. No, Jim was not about to lose his temper and get angry, on the contrary, he was extremely relieved to find someone able to relate to him right now. It helped, it helped a lot. "Maybe it will all turn out alright, after all, eh? Maybe so ..."

"everything in life will turn out okay in the end Jim, you just have to stick it out until the end then when its finished you say well done me I've done well, I had a great go and it went great" I said sighing in relief that he wasn't angry, "Jim, have you never talked about this with anyone, at all, because if you have how come its come back stronger and you actually are talking to me and you barely even know me, like Heck, Do you even know what I do to keep my self from shooting someone because they piss me off, People like us Jim we don't deserve friends and yet here you are talking to me and I am a complete stranger to you, we just happen to have the same thing going on inside our heads" I said walking over to the window and looking at the view "How do you resist the urge to jump, its like just jump from this height and you never have to feel pain again, the only thing is that Falling is like flying but only with a more permanent destination"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back