BB Code/Character Creation

Reine

clinomania

Hey! So I've been practicing on my BB Code, and this is kind of my way of showing off as well as creating a tutorial. It's 2:32 right now, so I wanted to do a walk-through on how I make CSs.

These examples are completed, based off of the green sheet, with changed coloring.

agreloy.regular.png

e2b2cf43dba229adbfd363c3e0bc7e98-d46959d.jpg

Requisite

tsukuyo_by_mizukii_cookiie-d5v82du.jpg

Name:

Selene Ellaveeva Nazari

Nickname:

Sel'

Female

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Birthday:

December 31st

Body:

Average-Slim

Height:

5' 4"

Weight:

Hair:

Blonde

Eyes:

Blue

Specialty:

Hacking

Noticeable Features:

Small Facial Features

Analytical Gaze

Resting B*tch Face

Large Scar on Face

Half Asian

Personal

AVRVV-17PA4.jpg

Personality:

Bright. "See? Now wasn't that smart of me?" This is something she'll admit, and say, shamelessly until she's certain you believe that she is the most intelligent person in the world. Even if some agree with her, or don't argue about it, Selene presses the issue relentlessly, wanting not only agreement, but the praise she's grown to love.

Righteous. "I can't believe you just did that! How terrible!" She's not perfect to any stretch of the imagination, but she'll still act like you're a million times worse. While she does have strong morals, and honestly abides by all laws, she isn't kind just because she follows the rules.

Backstabbing. "You seem like a really nice person. I mean, when you talk, you make me feel smarter." Half the things she says can be cruel, without any obvious way to counterattack. For instance, if she says you look prettier in person, she means for it to be implied that you look ugly in pictures. Not only this, but if she finds an option that means could be easier by hurting someone else or making them look bad, she'll take it. Selene has a way with words, and a vocabulary that surpass most of average intelligence. Because of this, she can say complicated things to mean one very simple insult.

Stubborn. "What can I say? I'm just determined, I guess." If she thinks of something as desirable, she'll have it. And if she doesn't she'll raise Hell.

Vindictive. "It's funny, because you don't know what I can do to you." She takes revenge in all forms but violently, and usually won't stop until she has gone beyond what she thought was necessary to do in order to punish the person that wronged her.

Flexible. "Oh! We were just talking about you!" She can change mood, attitude, and expressions in a heartbeat in order to please or anger someone. She's an incredible actor, which leads her to be able to deceive most.

Cheerful. "Thank you so much! I can't believe you did this for me!" Around those she finds beneficial, she appears cheerful, kind, and innocent, which is a very wrong assumption.

Calm. "Hmm?" For the most part, she's very calm, and keeps her cool as to not look like the bad guy.

Jealous. "What? No. Nonono. Tell me again, what did she do?" She gets jealous, or emotional easily, and does indeed show it when she trusts someone enough to reveal her real nature.

Her personality is too masked to pinpoint every detail. She's complex, but overall, not a very nice person. She can very easily be thrown into a meltdown by someone commenting on her scar
(which, by the way, isn't cool).

Biography:

WIP

Reading

Praise

Running

Berries

Winning

Playing the Victim

Proving her Intelligence

Smoking

Dislikes:

Pears

Illegal Activity

Unpredictable Behavior

Being Caught or Chastised

Feeling Stupid

Intense Heat

Quirks:

Left Handed

Often Checks Time Before Talking With Someone

Looks at Sun to Predict the Time

Observes Strangers Carefully

Keeps A Coin On Her All The Time

Habits:

Bouncing Her Leg

Smiling When Spoken To

Biting Lip When Thinking

no slide
no slide

kelly-slab.regular.png

monohipster.regular.png

akame_ga_kiru____esdese_by_names76-d7kzbyv.jpg

Requisite

akame_ga_kill__esdeath_wallpaper_2_by_glowykangaroo-d7x76yo.jpg

Name:

Rias Luna DeLane

Nickname:

Rhee

Female

Sexuality:

Bisexual

Birthday:

November 30th

Body:

Tall

Height:

5' 7"

Weight:

Hair:

Blue

Eyes:

Blue

Style:

Punk-Casual

Noticeable Features:

Bold Eyes

Various Small Scars on Shoulder

Specialty:

Creating Codes/Plans
Personal

esdeath_by_sonellion-d8atiue.jpg

Personality:

-Cocky. She appears to have the most conceited mind in the world; This may be correct.

-Scary. She can come off as incredibly intimidating, especially strangers. She also has a soft, secretive voice that carries the most puzzling words, usually having double meanings.

+Flirty. She spares few with her words.

+Smart. This is a given. She is incredibly intelligent, and relies on logic for most things. She can twist the truth around, or answer questions indirectly, and does so far too often.

+Charming. To both genders, she can flirt almost flawlessly in a way that usually causes attraction, frustration, confusion, or a combination of those. That said, she doesn't have flirting super powers, and can in fact become uncomfortable or embarrassed around those she considers attractive, leading to the next trait.

-Awkward. This is reserved for only a few. She's usually smooth and endearing, but around a select few, she can become nervous, especially with those who are attractive by her definition, as well as flirty.

-Insecure. Yeah. Her of all people. She silently doubts herself, and lets out any stress she has in nightly crying sessions, which is, well, nightly.

-Possessive. Just that. She doesn't like others getting in dangerous or flirtatious situation; For explanation, refer to first fear.

-+Mysterious. She does this on purpose, by the way.

+Analytical. She knows exactly how to get under someone's skin, and can usually tell someone's true emotions, especially if they're bad at acting.

Biography:

WIP

Jewelry

Flirting

Sweet Things

Soda

A Careful/Long Term Plan to Make Someone Fail

The Heat

Pointing Out Flaws

Making Others Scared or Uncomfortable

Alternative Music

Dislikes:

Being Wrong

Being Speechless

Getting Lost

The Dark

Pain

Quirks:

Bites Nails

Reads Everything In A Room

Has A Nightly "Goodbye" Ritual

Habits:

Nail Biting

Swearing

tumblr_nd5uboA48O1qbvovho1_500.gif

Other

Esdeath-fan-art-leone-akame-ga-kill-38316937-736-1040.jpg

Theme Song:

[media]

[/media]

ritaglio.regular.png

agreloy.regular.png

large.png

Requisite

48ae094b63a4f432fc211da769b93bf2.jpg

Name:

Sage Eraveeva Nazari

Nickname:

Sen

Male

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Birthday:

December 31st

Body:

Average-Tall

Height:

5' 6"

Weight:

Hair:

Blonde

Eyes:

Blue

Specialty:

Social Skills

Noticeable Features:

Bionic Eye

Large Scar on Face

Half Japanese

Prosthetic Arm

Personal

allen_walker_by_tsubakina-d64kdg8.png

Personality:

WIP

Biography:

WIP

Flirting

Being Flirted With

Girls

Strawberries

Citrus Smell/Taste

Mindlessly Binge-Watching

Junk Food

Dislikes:

Pears

Summer

Monkeys

"Big Words"

Physical Activity

Quirks:

Has to Drink Soda At Least Once Every Six Hours

Doesn't Tie Or Untie His Shoelaces Often

Bounces Leg

Laughs When Extremely Stressed

Habits:

Looking Around A Room When Talking

Other

allen_walker_2016__gif__by_allen_walkerdgrayman-d9ksaub.jpg

Theme Song:

[media]

[/media]

on-the-horizon.regular.png

Alright. I actually don't know where I'm going with this, but it sounded good in my head.

2:34(Yes, its been two minutes since I typed it up)

I always start with a background. My favorite is black, since color shows up with great contrast, but I kind of wanted to step outside my boundaries. I just need a few slots for pictures, information, and maybe a name heading. Besides that, I can do whatever the Hell I want.

I usually go to
HTML Color Picker. In the BB Code Guide, inside the background section, is a link to a color guide(HTML Color Names). On the left side is a ton of options, like Color Mixer and Color Groups, etc. Over there you can find options that might be more useful than the named colors. Again, basic knowledge.

For this sheet I chose to do pastels, so I clicked on a really light pink(#ff99ff) and chose a tint I thought would be visible, but not overwhelming. #ffe6ff.

TEXT

I almost always use centerblock, because it comes out cleaner. I have to use the preview option frequently to make sure I didn't mess up, even with this amount of coding.

TEXT

Next are columns and rows. I wanted to do two on each side, in a purple-ish color(#d580ff). For that, I used the code:

Code:
[bg=#ffe6ff][row][column=span2][bg=#d580ff]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas venenatis euismod mollis. Sed in luctus justo. Praesent gravida varius dapibus. Vivamus bibendum quam a urna euismod lacinia. Curabitur eu tortor a tortor molestie maximus efficitur vitae leo. Quisque vel pharetra neque, et gravida lacus. Etiam vulputate ullamcorper leo at lacinia. Nam ornare vestibulum ipsum id suscipit. [/bg]
[/column][column=span4][img=http://images.mysafetysign.com/img/lg/K/Quarantine-Area-Sign-K-9554.gif]
[/column][column=span2][bg=#d580ff]Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Nulla facilisi. Morbi accumsan mollis risus ac egestas. Duis aliquam egestas cursus. Aenean condimentum turpis nunc, sed iaculis nisl maximus in. Etiam tempus, arcu ac ultricies sodales, risus sapien aliquet turpis, ac efficitur arcu. Extra text to make it perfect-er.
[/bg][/column][/row][/bg]

It looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas venenatis euismod mollis. Sed in luctus justo. Praesent gravida varius dapibus. Vivamus bibendum quam a urna euismod lacinia. Curabitur eu tortor a tortor molestie maximus efficitur vitae leo. Quisque vel pharetra neque, et gravida lacus. Etiam vulputate ullamcorper leo at lacinia. Nam ornare vestibulum ipsum id suscipit.

Quarantine-Area-Sign-K-9554.gif

Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Nulla facilisi. Morbi accumsan mollis risus ac egestas. Duis aliquam egestas cursus. Aenean condimentum turpis nunc, sed iaculis nisl maximus in. Etiam tempus, arcu ac ultricies sodales, risus sapien aliquet turpis, ac efficitur arcu. Extra text to make it perfect-er.

It's now 2:50. I'm going to experiment with slides, and try to put them in the middle of the center column.

...This was as close as I could get:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas venenatis euismod mollis. Sed in luctus justo. Praesent gravida varius dapibus. Vivamus bibendum quam a urna euismod lacinia. Curabitur eu tortor a tortor molestie maximus efficitur vitae leo. Quisque vel pharetra neque, et gravida lacus. Etiam vulputate ullamcorper leo at lacinia. Nam ornare vestibulum ipsum id suscipit.

Thingies
Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Nulla facilisi. Morbi accumsan mollis risus ac egestas. Duis aliquam egestas cursus. Aenean condimentum turpis nunc, sed iaculis nisl maximus in. Etiam tempus, arcu ac ultricies sodales, risus sapien aliquet turpis, ac efficitur arcu. Extra text to make it perfect-er.

I can delete some of the text and- never mind. I'll just show you.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas venenatis euismod mollis. Sed in luctus justo. Praesent gravida varius dapibus.

Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Even more text. One more.

With that, I can add in a slide just below it, and keep the image in between.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas venenatis euismod mollis. Sed in luctus justo. Praesent gravida varius dapibus.

Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Even more text.

Trial
Thingies

Add another slide...

Curabitur ultricies malesuada erat. Vivamus pharetra non ipsum at rutrum. Nulla auctor molestie quam, sit amet vulputate tortor rutrum ac. Even more text.

Trial
Thingies

Trial
Thingies

I wanted to make two slides in the same row, so I used the columns again...

Trial
Thingies
Trial
Thingies

Aaaand one on the bottom, for Requisite, Personal, and Other sections. 3:14 right now.

Trial
Thingies
Trial
Thingies

Trial
Thingies

Put into action:

Selene Ella Diaz
"Selene? Oh! I know her. She's really ahm... she's really happy. Like, all the time. Like, she makes my face hurt. Really nice girl, though. But I mean, I can't exactly call her a friend... But, nice girl."

cute_anime_girl_by_2511shailja_yui-d6b755s.png

"If people were rain, I was a drizzle, and she was a hurricane."

"She's a mystery. A complete enigma. Like the Illuminati, only happpier. Yeah. If the Illuminati was a ginger, it would be her."

Requisite
Thingies
Personal
Thingies

Other
Thingies

I changed the colors and added a header, obviously, to make it show up better. Lastly, I'll add a border. It took me 14 minutes to make filler quotes/ color changes. It's 3: 28.

??Selene Ella Diaz??
"Selene? Oh! I know her. In class C-18. She's really ahm... she's really happy. Like, all the time. Like, she makes my face hurt. Really nice girl, though. But I mean, I can't exactly call her a friend... But, I mean, she really is a nice girl..."

cute_anime_girl_by_2511shailja_yui-d6b755s.png

"If people were rain, I was a drizzle, and she was a hurricane."

"She's a mystery. A complete enigma. Like the Illuminati, only happier. Yeah. If the Illuminati was a ginger, it would be her. The Illuminati Master, Selene Ella Diaz."

Requisite
Thingies
Personal
Thingies

Other
Thingies

That's it! It's 3: 36 right this moment. If you need help with a sheet, or want me to make something for you, just contact me. Hope you enjoyed, or it was helpful ^^

Notes:

I generate random text with this:

Lorem Ipsum - All the facts - Lipsum generator

As seen, it's really easy to make mistakes. When I make BB Code for myself, I open up a tab and click edit, so I save what I have in case something goes wrong and I have to restart from the last point.

This is how I do it. It is in no way how everyone should make BB Code. That said, please don't copy mine or anyone else's code.

I actually need to get to bed ^^'

It's 3:41

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at your character sheets and I was like "Wow, I totally could do that but that is so much work." xD Props to you for sticking through it. I usually get bored halfway through

Hey, how do you put a border on your accordion without the original gray showing outside of it? I can do the bg and the border but the area outside of the border is still gray.

RealisticFantasy said:
Hey, how do you put a border on your accordion without the original gray showing outside of it? I can do the bg and the border but the area outside of the border is still gray.
Do it on the outside, so like

Code:
 [border=0px solid #000][accordion]{slide=[bg=white]hello[/bg]}Woop{/slide}[/accordion]

hello
Woop

RealisticFantasy said:
And for the inside you put it inside the slide name

[QUOTE="The Imperial Flame]And for the inside you put it inside the slide name

[/QUOTE]
I tried putting in it there but I still get the gray.

Test
Info

Code:
[accordion]{slide=[border=3px solid black][bg=white]Test[/bg][/border]}Info{/slide}[/accordion]

Test
Info

Code:
[border=0px solid #000][accordion]{slide=[bg=white][border=3px solid black]Test[/border][/bg]}Info{/slide}[/accordion][/border]

You switch the order bg then border

[QUOTE="The Imperial Flame]
Test
Info

Code:
[border=0px solid #000][accordion]{slide=[bg=white][border=3px solid black]Test[/border][/bg]}Info{/slide}[/accordion][/border]

You switch the order bg then border

[/QUOTE]
Ah, okay! Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back