• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Battle Arena

waifu

චᆽච
Battle Arena

Want to settle things once and for all? Or continue your fight from the IC RP that was cut short? Don’t worry, the Battle Arena is here for all your violent needs!

To make up for no wilderness areas, Union Hall has a humongous stadium where players can challenge NPCs or even each other. New players are brought to the Battle Arena for combat-based tutorials at the start of the game, so everyone knows about this place. There are lots of fighting tournaments hosted here by the Pokémon Link staff.

You can set your own rules here: no items, Mega Evolutions, double/triple battles, generate different types of arenas, etc.. You can even follow your own battle system, but please keep these things in mind:

1. No godmodding. Seriously.

2. Winning and losing isn't everything. Have fun with this! If you insist though, I can randomly decide which one of you wins beforehand so you guys can plan how the fight goes.

3. Don't go all gory on me. I don't want to see any decapitation or crazy amount of blood oozing from someone's torso. Chill out, this is not a Tarantino movie.

4. You don't have to use your characters from the RP here, but if you do decide to go with someone new for the Battle Arena: post your moveset, level, and ability at the start of your battle here.

5. Post any rules/battle mechanics you have decided on here at the start of your battle.

0cfc841303d738f67cdb9e5f286606c0ae1ab749_hq.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
"AviTudios, a PvP match is ready."

"Finally. Sign me in." Avi stood up from the bench where she had been crouching with a few others who wanted to get in their First PvP Win of the Day. They all considerably outleveled her, so she hoped that none of them would be her opponent, but in her experience, not many people tried their luck in the official Arenas at this hour. Matchmaker probably didn't have that many options.

Sucked that this was when she had time for the daily. Sure, it wasn't something she had to do, but every little boost to her in-game wallet was worthwhile for her; after all, there was an especially-nice Never-Melt Ice on the market that she had her eye on. Arena PvP may not have been super balanced, and sitting in queue for seven minutes wasn't really her idea of fun, but it was still a large sum of credits if she could get her first win.

"Proceed through door 4," System instructed, and Avi obeyed. The portal-like opening led her into a flat, cover-less area with bleachers on all sides.

"Waiting for player Rayne to enter the field. Please hold."

She stood before the portal looking around just to be sure that she was to enter. It was massive in size to her punitive stature. She still didn't know much about fighting, but she needed to learn how to defend herself within the game. Another high level player wouldn't come to her rescue again would they? She reviewed her moveset with system to be sure she had some clue of what she was doing.

"so I guess my only attacks are confusion and disarming voice?" Her hair flopped to the side while she thought it over. She took a deep breath and walked through the portal.

Gazing upon the arena for the first time burned in her chest. The large open field and the bleachers for observers made her feel watched and judged, despite a lack of a crowd. Her opponent stood on the other side, hidden behind a mask. The Pokemon she was linked with rattled her nerves.

"Uhh, gosh what were the types? Ghost? Dark? It must be one of those." She folded her hands in front of her while system shut the doors to the arena.

Okay, a Ralts. This wouldn't be especially hard... hopefully. Unlike out in the normal gameplay world, information about the enemy was hidden from other players in the Arena. Well, it was hidden from normal players, one of which Avi was thankfully not.

Character "Rayne"'s stats were pretty easy to find with a quick search, and a card with the information appeared in her Avi's hud. Level 15? How was... how was that right at all? Avi was level 23! And with a type advantage! And superior stats in general! Heck, Avi could see that Rayne barely had any attack moves in her kit! Could the matchmaker really not have found anything better for her, or for her opponent?

"Hey kid!" Avi yelled out from her side of the court. She wasn't really sure what the proper thing to do in this situation was; sure, she was here for a win, but at the same time, she really didn't want to one-shot this poor Ralts, who had doubtless been in queue just as long. And if the system had thought that Avi was the best opponent for her, then that meant that if Avi didn't rejoin queue, the Ralts' next opponent would be even less fair.

"You should try doing Arena at some time when there are actually people on. My level is much higher than yours! It's not gonna be a fair fight!"

That makes a difference?

She thought about it a moment. No matter, she'll do her best as is. Despite the constant shaking in her legs. She tried to look at her opponent in the eyes, quickly glancing away and refocusing them on another part of her outfit. She sucked her bottom lip into her mouth and frowned, annoyed with herself if anything.

"System double team!" She called out. She let her head drop and her breathing pick up. If anything it was her tactic to get over her nervousness and focus on the battle. Her head ducked down among the crowd, similar to how one might walk through the bustling subway in the city.

"uhh, system lucky chant". She hummed to herself. Really she had no clue what her moves did now, solely judging them by their names. A lucky chant might...give her luck. A chance to win, control over her nerves, really what was the harm? She had a few precious moments hidden among images of herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then. She had been intending on offering a deal of some sort, but if the Ralts wasn't even going to listen, there was no point in trying that. She may have been much higher level, but at the same time, Avi had won a couple battles where she should have lost, supposedly. And this situation could quickly fall apart if she let the enemy get ahead.

Apparently, they were going to fight.

Double team was a good move. Slightly less effective, since the Ralts couldn't stop herself from giving away her position in the throng by humming, but it still increased evasion. Lucky Chant didn't quite make as much sense, since Avi didn't expect to need critical strikes in order to win. But hey, two moves before she could even get one in, that was at least determination of some kind.

Shadow Ball, Avi's latest move, would certainly be best here. The travel time was a bit wonky, as it wasn't a nice AoE like Powder Snow, but Avi guessed that she probably had at least a couple shots before she would have to really start worrying. She channeled up the spell silently, and let it fly.

The timing was right, and the ball of shadowy energy smacked directly into the target without any trouble. A large "143!" appeared in red text above Rayne, and Avi watched her 34 HP dwindle down to nothing.

"It's super effective!" System called out. Raynes' eyes lit up as the ominous orb of dark energy hurled itself at her. It knocked her across the floor, her body flopping a few feet from where she stood. She couldn't remember much after that. Everything went black for a bit.

When she was able to open her eyes, she looked around. The arena was much quieter than it seemed before. Her head still hurt from the blast before.

"D-did I lose?" She moaned. She rubbed a hand against her eye. Everywhere she looked seemed to spin. She steadied herself onto her feet after System had confirmed her belief.

"The winner is Avi!"

"ah, guess I should practice more." she grumbled to herself. Nothing about this appealed to her. The fighting. Losing. That it could feel painful, even if its superficially within the games environment. Still, her own nervousness about the ordeal was the most debilitating part of it. Possibly cowardice, a trait she did not want to admit to. If she was going to fight in the arena or in another pvp zone, it would be to overcome this.

"congratulations." she muttered to her opponent with a tinge of disappointment in her voice.

Avi cringed at the pure visual effectiveness of the attack. It was one thing to play a video game and hack and slash hundreds of monsters to bits and pieces, but it was another entirely to see another player get ragdolled about like that. Especially once you knew how disconcerting it was in VR.

As was her custom, Avi bowed to her opponent as Rayne got back to her feet. "Thank you for the battle," she acknowledged the congratulations. "But, ah... sorry about that? I don't know why we were faced off against each other." She worried her mouth behind her mask, and then approached closer, as if being near might keep what she was about to say from System's sensitive ears.

"But if you're here for the Daily Bonus, how about we have another go? I'll give you the win this time, cuz it seems that there's nobody around your level on at the moment."

"Daily Bonus?" It couldn't hurt. A little extra change would certainly help.

"Okay! thank you!" She nodded in a cheerful whisper.

"so, um, how do we start the match again? System rematch?" She called out, hoping for some sort of response from the game. She scratched the top of her head. This time, the only move she needed was confusion, since she just needs to whittle down her opponents health until it's over.

She hopped about to one end of the arena, this time much more excited for the match than the first one. Something about the pressure being taken off. After all, she did agree to let her win right? The predetermined outcome eased her mind.

"Haha, no, they can't make it that easy, or win trading would be more of a thing. But, with how few people there are, let's quit out and then reenter queue at the same time. That should get us matched up again, I think." Avi opened up a whisper panel so that she could keep the conversation going, and then left the lobby with a slight salute toward the Ralts.

"Okay, I'm out. Tell me when you're ready to requeue." Sadly, this wasn't one of the things that Avi could ensure would go her way, but as she reentered the waiting area, she noticed that there were even fewer contestants than before. The system really didn't have any choice but to put them back together.

She watched the player before her disappear in an array of blue light. Following suit, she left the lobby, her attention focused on the blue flashing light at the top of her UI.

"A message? Oh I see! she's messaging me!" She replied, "I'm entering the queue."

Back again in the lobby, there were hardly any players around. A high level beedrill was all that kept her company. It should be relatively easy to be matched with Avi again.

"I wonder if she's going to keep her word..." She thought to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back