• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Batman: the Yellow and Black

Superherochic88

Batman growled in pain, crouched on a gargoyle overlooking Gotham city. Damn dogs!

I am not a dog person, I am fed up with cats.
Of course, he was referring to his on again off again 'thing' with Selina Kyle, and he was most DEFINITELY over that. He looked down at his arm, torn up a bit, bloodied by a German Shepard that belonged to the man known as the Russian. They were guarding conexes full of cocaine. Now that it was over, he was listening to the police scanner, and the occasional banter from Alfred telling him to come home for the night so he can stitch him up.

There had been some weird chatter on the radio tonight between the officers of GCPD. They have been noting all kinds of small trouble in town. Mischief and such. Suddenly, he felt hands on his back. His eyes narrowed, he knew exactly who was behind him, "Selina" He said in a gravelly cold voice.

She ran her nails seductively down his back. "Aw, you are not happy to see me?"

"No. No I am not."

Smirking because he would go in and out of phases with her, she replied. "Aww. And I am disappointed."

He grapples away into the night. He was done being distracted by her, ready to investigate the strange occurrences in Gotham, wondering if it was linked to something bigger.

A faint yellow light illuminated the center of Gotham, too bright to be any normal street light. Yellow tinted flames crawled its way towards a small apartment building before erupting into larger, more destructive flames as it began to engulf the building. A woman was standing in front of the flames, dressed in a dark yellow cat suit and a mask covering her eyes and left side of her face. "This should get Batty's attention." She giggled manically, the yellow ring on her middle finger glowed bright as the flames climbed up the side of the apartments. Ashton relished in the screams coming from inside. Though the fire couldn't really hurt anyone, the fear it instilled on the people caused them to feel the pain of a real fire.

He grappled toward city center, using thermal heat imaging to gather information on the strange flame. This isn't the work of Firefly, the readings are....who is that? ??

He nears to the situation and sees a female figure seemingly creating the madness. There were no heat signatures on the flame, so he walked through them. He speaks, his tone gutteral. "Put the fire out NOW!" He commanded.

His cowl had recognition software, inputting her face, height, approximate weight into INTERPOL and got nothing. He noted the ring. "You are a Yellow Lantern. What do you want? " His eyes narrowed.

"Oh. Look who finally showed up!!" Ashton turned to the man, waving her hand and putting out the flames. "It's nice to finally meet you, Batty~" The woman took a few steps towards the man. Her voice was obviously covered by a voice changer, just like Bruce would lower his voice so no one knew who he really was. "Nice observation, as well." She lifted her hand with the ring and wiggled her fingers, "I didn't think you'd notice." She chuckled. "My name....Well let's just call me Vortex." Ashton winked. "And what do I want? Hmm..." The villain placed a finger on her lips, "To cause chaos in Gotham of course! It seems that you're ruining all of the fun and taking all my bad friends to jail.." She faked a pout.

He spoke through gritted teeth, a deep set rage in his voice. "Your so called friends are in jail and prison and Arkham because that is where they deserve to be. They are criminals, and so are you. Your fun is over, Vortex. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You have 206 bones in your body that I will break one by one. So I suggest the easy way."

His right hand was on his utility belt, ready to handle what ever she does. From his quick analysis of her, she seemed impulsive, it could be helpful knowlege, should she choose to fight.

The woman clicked her tongue, "Oh Batsy. You would make a fantastic Yellow Lantern." She sighed. "But alas. You choose to be on the goodie side." Ashton shrugged, before raising herself a bit higher. "Now if you excuse me. I must...report back to base." She dipped her head out of habit and zoomed off.

Arriving at a small home outside Gotham, the yellow cat suit shimmered off her body and revealed a plain t-shirt and jeans. The mask also disappeared, scars appearing on the side of her face that was previously covered. She walked over to a desk sat against the wall and picked up a small piece of paper labeled "Wayne Enterprises". She was to take up a small secretary job there as ordered by Sinestro. Something about getting more information on The Bat. The woman shrugged and laid in her little bed, mentally preparing herself for the next day, while twisting her Lantern ring around her middle finger.

(I feel so bad. I totally spaced this. I will reply as soon as I get free today. My apologies.)

Bruce laid in bed, he was never on time to work, that was part of his billionare playboy persona.

His room was dark until Alfred came in, opening the curtains. "Sir, I must insist you get up."

"Alfred I had a long night."

"Master Bruce you have an interview with a young lady this morning. I suggest you dont keep her waiting.

Bruce knew Alfred would not leave him alone until he got out of bed. He reluctantly got out of bed, showerimg and dressing for work. He put on a black Armani suit, white shirt, blue tie. "Alfred I need the keys to the Lambo today." Alfred found the keys and tossed them. Bruce drove to work.

He was glad to have a secretary to interview. He gave her resume a quick lookover. He glanced over at the secretary's desk, piled with papers to be filed. He shook his head, checking through office emails while he waitez for his interviewee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back