BANQUET OF CRUMBS and birth free?

psychoph

I amstill making this Fair Folk and I ran into a weird thing.  Fair folk have the background birth.  At level 2 it gives you BANQUET OF CRUMBS for free.  That charm has 2 prerequisite charms in order to purchase it.  

Does this jus tmean you got all of them up to that, or does it mean you have just that one and that it ignore the charms prerequisite rules.  If it ignores those rules cna you just buy ONEIROMANTIC CONJURATION since it only requires that one charm and a Cups of 1?

Hmm well frack guess i have to reread it now because i totally missed that.

Reread it, mentions nothign about the previous ones.  here is the direct quote.

BIRTH

Some raksha come into being from miserable and

paltry scraps of dream, struggling to forge even the rudiments

of power from the dregs of the Wyld. Others are born

glorious, ascending to being on a pyre of nothingness

already in possession of the greatness of their kind. This

Background lets raksha of fortunate birth begin play with

certain common Charms without spending Charm slots.

well to me it doesn't make sense fo you to only get that level

to me if you have level 3 birth which gives you something, you automatically get levels 1 and 2 as well

Well level three birth adds additional charms.

you get two more entirely different charms including the first two charms.

These next two charms however aren't in the same charm tree, infact none of the charms you get for the birth background are in the same charm tree.

I think that the 4th and 5th level might have the same problem.  Seems kind of odd to me in general to give players charms for background points, much less the charms plus all prerequisites.

psychoph said:
I think that the 4th and 5th level might have the same problem.  Seems kind of odd to me in general to give players charms for background points, much less the charms plus all prerequisites.
The idea, I think, is that the particular Charms it gives are utility Charms that are important to have, but really, really unexciting, so this is a way to ensure you have the utility Charms without having to spend your valuable XP on them, given how boring they are.

I don't think it's more or less stupid than, say, the Necromancy background, although clearly less thought out if it gives you free Charms without giving you their prerequisites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back