Other Background noise when you write or no?

I frequently put on "mood music" when I'm doing creative writing. Stuff that puts me in mind of the character I'm writing, or the tone I'm aiming for. If I'm writing a paper or writing code, though, I'll put on rain sounds or those "World's Most Relaxing Music - 10 Hour Version" you can find on Youtube.

Whether or not I like sound when I write depends on my level of concentration.

Sometimes I concentrate better with music, sometimes I can't concentrate at all. Sometimes, when I listen to music, I spend time shuffling around my playlists or checking my phone, eventually procrastinating to the point of completely losing motivation. Other times, with the right kind of songs, I feel like nothing can stop me from completing an assignment or goal.

I go back and forth on this myself. Sometimes music just ruins the flow of whatever I'm writing but occasionally I'll hear something that just fires me up inside and causes all the right words to leave me in a torrent. If I am going to listen to something though it has to be without lyrics. I find if it does have words to it that it ruins my writing.

For like, 99% of the time, I need some form of background noise. It can't be a show though because I will get distracted. I normally put on some piano or violin music or my regular music playlist. I can't be in totaly silence because I start feelings really antsy for some reason.

Okay, I get what your saying. Background noise is great for writing and drawing for me honestly and if you want something nice relaxing and great for background noise let me recommend Lo-Fi! (Also know as Lo-Fi Hip hip) like seriously, the stuff is amazing. I know it’s not for everyone but I only know two people who don’t like it and one of them is my mom. It’s super chill and relaxing. Just go on YouTube and searching Lo-Fi. I would like to suggest ChilledCows 24/7 LoFi stream. It’s AWESOME!

oh- it doesn’t have words really so it shouldn’t distract you at all. Just, just look it up and you’ll see what I mean. It’s great stuff.

i either need music or tv on to get a good reply
but like
i cant get a good one out if people are talking/making noise

hell, earlier today i typed 'bless you' and sent it because my cat sneezes s o -

Typically I have music playing that fits the mood of what I'm writing. Somber scenes I write in silence(where possible).

Nope! I have auditory processing issues that make being productive difficult when it's noisy. I love music, but if I have music on I'm just listening and can't do much else except walk or do simple chores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back