• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Azuran City] A business Opportunity

saxon

One Thousand Club
Hello everyone, this RP is set in the world of Isekai Hell; you can find information about the world here.

This Rp follows Kasumi as she invites two new acquaintances to Azuran on a proposal to see if they will join forces with her on a heist. The Rp follows the events of [Isekai Hell] Intrigue Down Below and [Isekai Hell] May There Be Plenty of Fools!, [Isekai Hell] The Party of Greed, and [Isekai Hell] Foul Enigma.
Setting:
Locations: Azuran, Ryke
Time of Day: 12:00 PM
Weather: The Sun sits in the sky there is barely a cloud in the sky as the summer heat beats down upon the city of Azuran
Interactions/Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Qu-Ce Qu-Ce

Notes: Please link your character Sheet in your first post and any point boosters. Rp shouldn't last more than a week and a half providing not too many hiccups happen.

The city of Azuran is nestled along the southwestern border of Ryke, becoming a major trade city in the southwest region. Many merchants come inside Ryke and outside this city due to the access to goods from the country across the border. The border had shifted from time to time over the centuries; however, currently, the city was in the Protectorate of Ryke's territory. The town started as a small village, but as the borders moved, money came to the town, and trading became its primary source of income. Many people set up their shops in the town as it slowly expanded, turning it into the thriving trade city it has become today.

However, in most cities, there is corruption among some of the people that hold the most power. Nobles and officials both crave money, and each has their allegiance, which does not always coincide with the rightful ruler. Even some citizens within Ryke hold grudges against the current rulers and upper class. A situation that some counties would take advantage of. Recently a weapons shipment was destroyed, sending news throughout the city as the city guard and the adventurer's guild became more involved.

Rumors have been circulating about the Lord Constable's corruption though every time someone goes to investigate, they either find nothing or they disappear entirely. But there was always one thing in common with the person of interest; the last time she had tried to get the information, she slipped the shipment accounts to the adventurer's guild.

Kasumi arrived at the predetermined location in the City of Azuran, a tavern in the central district known for its fairly average conditions. The tavern in question was the Swooping Talon Tavern. Dark oak tables and chairs dotted the main room, with an ash staircase leading up to the floors above, which housed the rooms for the guests staying in the tavern. Sitting in a corner with a cup of coffee in front of her, she had several papers sprawled out in front of her as she looked them over. Most the papers in question were those flyers threatening an attack that had been thwarted and copies of the ledgers she turned into the guild. She still didn't have the proof she needed to post everything publicly, but she hoped that was about to change.

Letting out a sigh, she picked up the coffee and took a sip before stacking the papers neatly into a pile. She glanced over toward the door as she started to drum her fingers on the table, curious to whether they would come. There was a small part of her that assumed they wouldn't show up at all; after all, she did try to sabotage both of them during that bet. Though the outcome had been amusing, to say the least, there was the matter for the griffon. However, she figured that several adventurers would take up that task. But for now, she just had to wait, though if they didn't hurry up they would be late to the meeting.

Boscos.jpg

Bosco’s journey to the city of Azuran was a quiet one. While he’s typically a very reserved man, at least in undemanding circumstances, he had made it a point to be especially so today. The significance of changing locations from Osun to an entirely different city for the sake of this meeting was not lost on him, after all. Though he expected that wouldn’t matter for a certain someone…

His destination wasn’t hard to find. The signpost for the tavern stuck out like a sore thumb in the streets of Azuran’s central district. A wooden likeness of an eagle in flight, clutching a sign labeled “Swooping Talon Tavern” in its large claws… It was striking in its ostentatiousness, and not for the right reasons. Did she… pick this because of the griffon thing? Bosco looked up at the sky, where the sun was quickly approaching its zenith. There wasn’t much time left to spend before the designated time, and even less ways Bosco cared to spend it. Perhaps the meeting can start early, if both his co-conspirators have already arrived.

The inside of the tavern left a better impression than the outside. The modest furnishings suit the languid atmosphere of a tavern in its off hours, before any of its regulars finish the day’s work. Bosco scans the room for Kasumi and Lucian, and settles his gaze on the quiet corner table where the former is seated, her impatient expression and gestures, coupled with the neat stack of papers beside her, giving off the impression of a bored office worker. Her eyes meet with Bosco’s, and he approaches the table, seating himself across from her without a word of greeting or acknowledgement. She already knows why he’s here, after all, so such pleasantries seem unnecessary. The discussion will start in earnest with Lucian’s arrival, so all there is to do is wait for him.

1687066667642.png

As the bustling city of Azuran emerged on the horizon, Lucian couldn't help but feel a thrill of anticipation. His journey from Osun had been a fortunate one, filled with camaraderie, games of chance, and an unexpected windfall that left him considerably richer. His only companion was Bill, the cheerful and somewhat eccentric horse-and-buggy driver, who had proven to be reliable and good company.

Lucian's reputation as a gambler had certainly helped him along the way. At each town and roadside inn they stopped at, he found willing participants eager to try their luck against him. The draw of the gamble, the play of chance, the thrill of the win—it was all like a fine wine to him, intoxicating and heady.

Bill, the seasoned buggy driver, often watched from the sidelines, a knowing twinkle in his eye and a chuckle on his lips. His jovial nature seemed to lighten the mood everywhere they went, and he had a knack for telling stories that kept Lucian entertained during their travels.

By the time they arrived at Azuran, Lucian's pockets were heavier with coin, a result of his successful games. The city itself was a sprawling trade hub, a hive of activity that thrummed with life. Merchants, travelers, and adventurers from all corners of Ryke and beyond bustled about, creating a kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, and smells that was distinctly Azuran.

For Lucian, the bustling city was a veritable playground, a place teeming with opportunities and potential games of chance. His newfound wealth, combined with the city's vibrant trade scene, promised more chances for him to indulge in his favorite pastime. With Bill at his side and the city of Azuran ahead, Lucian felt ready to seize whatever opportunities came his way.

— — —

With the clinking of coins in his pocket and a spring in his step, Lucian set out to explore the vibrant marketplaces of Azuran. The air was filled with the chatter of barter, the calls of traders advertising their wares, and the intoxicating aromas of exotic spices from distant lands.

After hours of careful browsing, Lucian finally found what he was looking for. And decided that he should make his way to the meeting place.

The City of Azuran bustled with life as Lucian, with a paper-wrapped parcel tucked under his arm, navigated his way through the crowd towards the Swooping Talon Tavern. Bill had dropped him off near the central district, promising to find a place for the horses and then get himself some much-needed rest.

Despite his newfound wealth, Lucian was still the same in many respects, preferring his solitude and the allure of chance over crowds and pomp. However, there was something invigorating about the city, its people, and its vibrant energy that he found oddly comforting.

As he pushed open the door of the Swooping Talon, a gentle wave of warmth enveloped him. The tavern was comforting in its mediocrity, wooden tables and chairs scattered across the floor, worn down by the years. His eyes scanned the room, looking for his new companions.

There, in a corner, sat Bosco and Kasumi, their faces a contrast of expressions. Kasumi appeared impatient, her fingers drumming against the table, her gaze meeting Lucian's as he entered. Bosco, on the other hand, was as impassive as ever, quietly seated across from her.

Suppressing a grin, Lucian made his way over to the pair, his gaze lingering on the stack of papers before Kasumi. "Sorry for my tardiness," he said, settling into the seat next to Bosco. "The city's energy is a bit overwhelming." He cast a glance at the stack of papers, then looked back at Kasumi. "Business or pleasure?" he inquired with a casual air.

He then reached into his bag, pulling out two wrapped parcels. "A token of appreciation, for both of you," he said, sliding one towards Kasumi, the midnight blue fabric of the dress peeking through the wrappings, and the other towards Bosco, the wooden box with the beautifully crafted chess set inside. "I hope you'll find them to your liking."

With that, he leaned back in his seat, the sense of anticipation lingering in the air. The next chapter of their adventure was about to unfold.

Last edited:

Kasumi watched as Bosco entered the tavern, picking up her coffee and taking a sip of it. Once he reached the table, Kasumi sat back in her chair and smirked. "All work and no play I see," she teased her acquaintance as she started to lay out the papers that were in a stack, she had gone over them multiple times, but she knew she was going to need to share the information she had collected already. "Once Lucian decides to show up if he does at all we will begin this little meeting," she informed him as she glanced back toward the door as a familiar figure walked into the tavern in his typical fashion.

When he finally joined the two and sat down, Kasumi smirked as she rolled her eyes, "Business, now that you are here w-" Kasumi paused as he handed over the parcels; Kasumi saw the fabric and glanced up at him, trying to figure out if there was more to this than it seemed on the surface. After a moment, she shook the thoughts from her head, taking a deep breath. "Not that I don't appreciate it, but we can discuss that later, now onto business," she stated as a grin appeared on her face.

"So I have asked you both here to interest you on a heist of sorts. The Lord Constable has been known to take bribes; no shipments get in or out without one of his officials looking over the manifest. Several months ago, this flyer stated that the city would be set straight, and unknown individuals put up a call to arms at the time all over the city. Later on, during that investigation, I found out they were a group called the Brothers Arkinine, they often wear red robes and have an unusual magic, at the command of a single word they compel those around them to follow the order. This with a weapons deal that was going to happen that night we followed some hired muscle to a warehouse," she paused for a moment.

"While we were there this ledger detailing over weapon shipments was found, I turned a copy of this into the guild and adventurers have taken up guarding weapon shipments. However, I have yet to find any hard proof that he is involved with the group and I know that if he is there are documents in the study that will prove it. I know the ground floor layout as I attended a party there recently. So I propose we join forces, the mansion has a vault in the basement that holds valuable items you could see for a lot of money, I simply want the documents." Kasumi explained as she pointed to each piece of paper as she introduced them.

She grabbed the coffee and took another gulp, downing it and setting the cup off to the side. "The plan is simple, get in find what we need or want and then leave, Lucky for us, we have a few options providing you both want to do this," Kasumi concluded as she leaned back in the chair and glanced between the two to gauge their reactions.

Notes:
Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Qu-Ce Qu-Ce

Boscos.jpg

Bosco’s eyes follow the parcel as it’s smoothly slid along the table in front of him. He turns his head towards Lucian, meeting with his characteristic easygoing grin and eyes that betrayed his expectation. “Go on, open it!”, they seemed to say. Bosco picks up the parcel and coolly slides it, unopened, into the satchel he had placed at his feet. “I’ll be sure to open this later. Thank you,” he says in a neutral tone, then shifts his attention to the papers arrayed across the table.

As Kasumi opens with her proposal, Bosco listens quietly, his eyes scanning the documents laid out in front of them. A moment of silence passes over the table at the conclusion of her opening mission statement, as her two would-be co-conspirators consider her words. Bosco leans forward, propping his elbows up on the table and folding his hands together in front of his face, and closes his eyes. The proposal itself was unexpected, to be sure, but the circumstances in which it’s been put forward were what really alarmed him, and that was for one specific reason. This woman does not know me.

His eyes open, settling on Kasumi seriously, coldly analyzing her expression as Bosco removes his hands from in front of him and opens his mouth to speak. “The impression this proposal makes of you is not a reassuring one. An endeavor like this would need a much different skill set than solving a puzzle or drinking booze, wouldn’t it? Speaking for myself, I don’t know the extent of what either of you are capable of, much less within the scope of this very specific objective. And even if that wasn't the case, none of us - to my knowledge - have had enough encounters with the others to justify our relationship as anything more than friendly acquaintances.”

A pause occurs in Bosco’s speech, a pause in which he diverts his gaze to the man sitting beside him. Whether it seemed Lucian was in agreement or not, Bosco was certain the both of them were listening, and that certainty encouraged him to continue. “There are few charitable interpretations I can have, here. If I had made up my mind to do this, the idea of setting up a couple strangers to take the fall, while I make off in the confusion with what I please, would be an appealing one. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Bosco leans back into his chair, his eyes remaining focused on Kasumi. While it would be regrettable if this objection proved to be irreconcilable, making the time he spent getting here wasted, this, to Bosco, is a matter that must be addressed immediately, before any other business can be discussed. If he is to be given a part in a matter as sensitive as this, there has to be a reason for it which he can accept.

The smoky air of the tavern seemed to thicken as Kasumi rolled her eyes, her words carrying a hint of annoyance. Lucian could tell she'd been waiting, and the smirk on her face told him she wasn't above reminding him of his tardiness. But that was Kasumi, always one for the upper hand.

At the sight of the dress, he could see a flicker of confusion cross her face. He didn't miss the way she looked at him, questioning, weighing, before ultimately shaking it off. It was a brief moment of vulnerability, a crack in her otherwise unfazed demeanor, and Lucian found it oddly endearing.

Lucian chuckled at Kasumi's abrupt change of topic, her grin suggesting a mix of excitement and anticipation for the discussion ahead. He felt a twinge of excitement himself. The gifts had been a simple gesture of goodwill, a token of the unexpected camaraderie he'd felt in their previous adventure. If they could provoke such a reaction from Kasumi, he wondered what else lay beneath her surface.

"I look forward to it," he said, leaning back in his chair, his eyes never leaving Kasumi. Whatever was coming, he was ready. And whatever hidden depths Kasumi had, he was eager to explore.

Lucian watched Kasumi as she unfolded her proposition, a heist. The idea held an undeniable allure for a risk-taker like him, but as a master of games, he also understood the weight of the stakes involved. The thrill of a daring escapade against the potential consequences. The Lord Constable, corrupt or not, was a powerful man.

He assessed the odds, leaning into his innate ability to analyze probabilities. With the information Kasumi presented - the Brothers Arkinine, their unusual magic, the corrupt Lord Constable - he evaluated the risks and the potential gains. A mansion with a vault of valuable items was tempting, but the real draw was the game, the thrill of a complex gamble.

Bosco was a wild card in this game, though. The man was an enigma wrapped in mystery. His taciturn nature was both a strength and a liability. Bosco had proven his value during their quest, and his understanding of magic was impressive. His silent fortitude might be an asset, but how far could Lucian trust him?

Kasumi, on the other hand, was the dealer. Her knowledge of the situation, her connection to the Lord Constable, and her clear desire for the documents hinted at a personal stake in the matter. It made him question the full extent of her motives. Nevertheless, her proposal intrigued him, her determination intrigued him, and her unpredictable nature intrigued him.

Probability Analysis: Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown. Appraisal E, Lucky E, Gaming E. Lucian can intuitively understand the odds of an outcome by reading a situation. Lucian expends 1/4 luck for this narrative.

"The plan seems simple enough," Lucian began, maintaining a careful, nonchalant demeanor. "But let's not pretend this is without risk. We're talking about breaking into the mansion of a powerful man, dealing with unknown magic, and potentially crossing a corrupt Lord Constable." He paused, leaning back in his chair, the corners of his lips twitching upward into a half-smile. "I must say, the game does sound... interesting." His emerald eyes flickered with excitement, yet his tone remained even, cautious. This was a high-stakes gamble, and he was still deciding whether to play.

As Bosco shared his assessment, Lucian watched him thoughtfully, his expression unreadable. The man's skepticism was expected, but the frankness of his concerns brought a surprising level of satisfaction to Lucian. It was refreshing to have someone who could openly discuss risks and uncertainties.

While Bosco may have seemed unappreciative of the gift he had just been handed, Lucian was not the least bit offended. On the contrary, the seemingly dismissive action was another display of Bosco's straightforward nature, further proof that he did not allow emotions to dictate his decisions. Lucian found this both intriguing and entertaining; Bosco's steadfastness and pragmatism were a stark contrast to his own more carefree, risk-taking nature.

A grin slowly spread across Lucian's face as Bosco dissected the situation. His criticisms were not unfounded. This plan was dangerous and they were, for all intents and purposes, still strangers to one another. It was a high stakes game with unpredictable players and outcomes.

Lucian took a moment to consider Bosco's words, his thoughts wandering back to their previous encounters. It was true they hadn't known each other for long. They were an unlikely trio, each with their own motives, strengths, and weaknesses. The uncertainty of the situation was undeniable, and the consequences, should things go south, could be disastrous.

Yet, therein lay the thrill of the game. The gambler in Lucian couldn't resist the allure of a challenge, the promise of adventure, and the prospect of a high reward. The stakes were higher than any card game he had ever played, and the risks, even greater. But Lucian didn't get to where he was by playing it safe.

"I believe Bosco raises some valid points," Lucian finally said, his gaze shifting between Kasumi and Bosco. "We are essentially strangers, and we have a lot to learn about each other's capabilities. However, every game starts with an unfamiliar deck. The thrill of the game is in the dealing, in figuring out your opponent's hand. In our case, we must learn to play off each other's strengths and cover each other's weaknesses." He paused, looking at Kasumi. "Kasumi, I think it would be beneficial for us to know more about what we're each bringing to the table. I'm all in, but only if we're all in this together." His eyes, gleaming with the anticipation of the gamble ahead, met Bosco's. "After all, it's no fun to play a game where the deck is stacked from the start."

Game Master: Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Effectiveness 9; Intelligence B5, Wealth E2, Gaming E2). Insight F, Gaming F, Sleight of Hand F. He has keen insight into all games and excels at those games of chance most of all; however, no games are purely chance. Reading ones opponents is a key part of success. Able to see and understand his opponent, predict their next moves, and excel at games.

Kasumi listened as the two spoke their minds, she brought her hand to her chin as one of the tavern workers grabbed the empty cup and took it away from the table. "Well you see, the thing is I have already put insurance in place, if one of us turns on the other the whole world is going to know everyone involved. So if one of us were to say take what they want and trap the others they wouldn't get very far. Not to mention the Lord Constable will more than likely execute anyone he catches on the spot," Kasumi explained as she folded her arms across her chest as she spoke on the matter. She had already set up insurance here that if any guards were to come asking about a breakin that tavern keeper would mention all three of them were at a table.

Kasumi might not have known them well, but she knew how to keep the playing field equal in most matters. "But, we wont discuss that at the moment as that is a minor detail," she paused for a moment as she then turned to Bosco. "I mean, I brought you here on a business proposal you only need to trust the person next to you as far as you can throw them. What I can offer the group as a whole is my access and knowledge of the mansion, the city, and the target," Kasumi smirked as she stood up from the table and walked around placing an arm on both of their shoulders and leaning in.

"While you are right, drinking and gambling don't seem particularly helpful from hindsight. But I invited you both because of your seeming way of not backing down from a challenge. Drinking yourselves under the table won't be required; however, Bosco is a lock, not a puzzle that you can pick to solve? What if there is a puzzle door down there that requires solving? I don't know the security for the vault while I'm fairly adept at picking locks and such puzzles of high sophistication, well that is a bit more elusive," Kasumi explained as there was a hint of defeat in her eyes only for a moment.

She then turned her gaze toward Lucian as he used his ability, he would come up with the conclusion the odds at least for the moment, were fairly even on both sides. There was a good chance of them getting in and out, and there was the same chance to get caught. But should more preparations be made, those chances could be upped or lowered. "But, I don't intend on leaving anyone behind, I do have my reputation with the guild to keep up with after all, I don't intend on taking anything from the vault my target is papers linking him, now what you guys want well that's up to you," Kasumi concluded with a smirk as she slowly sauntered back to her seat and sat back down.

"Now that I told you what I bring and gave a warning that if one betrays the other, we are all paying for it, is there anything specific you want to know?" Kasumi inquired, leaning back in her chair as she glanced between the two. Some bards got up on the stage at the back wall and started to play some music as some of the patrons started to sing along with them. She casually shifted her gaze toward the bards for a moment before returning them to the group.

Notes:

The hint of excitement that had sparked in Lucian's eyes now began to blaze. The description of the challenge ahead, the unpredictable variables, the risks and rewards, all served to stoke the fire of his adventurous spirit. He could feel that familiar hunger, that restless desire for the thrill of the gamble, rising within him.

Kasumi's assurances were intriguing, though he understood Bosco's reservations. The insurance she had put in place was clever, binding them in a precarious balance of trust and mutual benefit. The Lord Constable's reputation added another layer to the stakes, making this game even more thrilling. Lucian couldn't help but admire Kasumi's tenacity and her skill in setting the stage for this heist.

As she placed her arms on their shoulders, leaning in with a confident smirk, Lucian could see the excitement in her eyes, mirroring his own. Her acknowledgment of their unique skills, her understanding of their value in this venture, only fueled his desire to engage in this escapade.

The mention of sophisticated puzzles and locks, challenges that would require their combined talents, sent a thrill through him. This was no simple game of chance; this was a high-stakes adventure that would demand all of their skills, wits, and cunning. The risk was real, the danger palpable, and the rewards tantalizingly within reach.

His impulsiveness, that insatiable hunger for excitement, was nearly impossible to cage now. The prospect of exposing a corrupt and powerful figure, of embarking on a Robin Hood-like escapade, resonated with his desire to escape mediocrity and leave a lasting legacy. This was the opportunity he had been waiting for, a chance to make a mark, to create a story that would be remembered.

Lucian's grin widened as he looked at Kasumi, his eyes alight with anticipation. "I must say, Kasumi, you certainly know how to pique my interest. Puzzles, locks, a vault filled with treasures, and a chance to take down a corrupt official? It sounds like the makings of a legendary tale."

He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms, his thoughts racing with the possibilities. The unknowns, the uncertainties, all added to the allure of the adventure. He could feel his heart pounding, his mind already strategizing, planning, analyzing the probabilities.

Turning to Bosco, he added, "I'm in. I know the risks, I understand the uncertainties, but the game is too enticing to pass up. The stakes are high, but so are the potential rewards. And besides, what's life without a little gamble? Plus it's only a gamble right now. I read the probabilities for this game and we already have a 50-50 shot, if we do nothing." He paused looking at Bosco, "And we both know how much you like to stack the deck in your favor." He nudged Bosco with his elbow, waggling his eyebrows.

Then with a flare for the dramatics, he slapped his hand down hard on the table, his palm curving ever so slightly, and he slid it in a half-moon. Gold and silver coins, jewels and small trinkets spilled out along the arc. Just as fast, his other hand swept back over the trail of wealth as if it hadn't been there at all. "I can get you any gear or assets you might need for the job. I already got us a safe house in this city and another a day's ride out as none of us want to return to this place after the job. With Kasumi's charm and my dazzling..." a gold coin appeared dancing along his knuckles, the same one in fact as his original bet with Kasumi, "Charm, we can bribe whomever we need."

"Plus," he said, standing and lifting the chair he'd been sitting on, sending it spinning and balancing on his palm, only to shift and somehow make the chair itself disappear, "I'm sure we can take home anything that piques your interest. For myself, I want to rob this criminal blind and then give all his money to the poor and downtrodden. Really muck about with their economy, cause rampant inflation for a little while as the poor temporarily no longer buckle under the saddle of debt and poor fortune."

Something about changing others fortunes really clicked inside of him. As he moved to sit back down in his chair, the chair was suddenly there again as if by magic. Lucian kicked his feet up on the table, leaned back, and signaled to the waitress, "I'd like eggs and bacon, coffee like the lovely lady here, and please ask the bards to make up some theme music for me." He placed more than enough money into her hand.

Dimensional Fingers: Grade D/E/F - 1/0/x3 Post Cooldown (Effectiveness 8/7/6; Int B5/Precision C4, Pocket Dimension D3/E2/F1, Sleight of Hand E2/F1). Sleight of Hand F, Insight F, Pocket Dimension D, Wealth E. Using precise movements, insight into those around him, and his pocket dimension, Lucian is able to steal or play with items around him to make random items appear (basic gear, etc) or disappear (taking a watch or key) without others noticing.

Boscos.jpg

“Every game starts with an unfamiliar deck…” But you at least know what each of the cards is able to do. “The Lord Constable will more than likely execute anyone he catches on the spot…” How reassuring. “I brought you here on a business proposal; you only need to trust the person next to you as far as you can throw them…” I shouldn’t trust the person next to me to fulfill their promises? Then what’s the point of agreeing to work with them? Each of these statements made to reassure Bosco or justify their involvement was met with a pithy, dismissive thought. However… it was at least reassuring that his concerns haven’t been casually dismissed. It would be impossible to work in confidence with someone that would do such a thing, especially on this side of the law.

Kasumi rises from her seat and saunters over to the opposite side of the table, where Lucian and Bosco are seated. Bosco’s eyes follow her partway, up until he’d have to turn his body to see her. When he feels her arm come in contact with his shoulder, his body tenses up, and his shoulder jerks away, abdicating its position as Kasumi’s arm support. “Don’t-” He begins, his voice and expression carrying a strange mixture of irritation, discomfort, and a hint of… panic? It was the first break in Bosco’s hitherto unflappable demeanor, the first hint of an emotional volatility lying beyond his stoicism. When he cuts himself off, the ensuing pause is short-lived, his expression returning to much like it was before, though the irritation still remains. “Don’t touch me.”

An awkward moment passes between the three of them, but soon enough the discussion picks back up. Bosco listens quietly, carefully considering the words of his potential co-conspirators. The reason Kasumi states for involving Bosco, her lack of confidence with sophisticated puzzles, is an acceptable one, but there was a point of alarm for him. Any aptitude he displayed to that end was only shown after she had already brought up having a proposal for them. Lucian’s reason for joining wasn’t much more reassuring, though his flashy display of wealth and a clearly supernatural ability was. The potential to apply both of those things to a heist were immediately obvious, and it made the prospect of accomplishing this feel much more real. “...Alright, I’m in. But I have one last reservation. If the insurance you have in mind is through an associate of yours, we can’t reasonably be confident they won’t favor you, if it comes to it.” Bosco pauses, his expression difficult to read, though he seemed to be thinking of something. “...You’re registered with the Adventurers Guild, right? Let us borrow your identification card. It won’t be a problem to return it afterwards if you intend to leave no one behind." Bosco leans forward onto the table, pulling one of the documents towards him and reading it intently. "If that's acceptable, let's get down to business.”

Last edited:

Kasumi smirked as the stoic individual in front of her changed if only for a moment. In her mind, she made a mental note about the situation as she arrived back at her seat. At the mention of the vault and its riches, she simply shrugged she wasn't so easily motivated by the allure of money and riches as some might think. "I could careless about the vault's content, so long as I get the documents I'm after I will be happy with simply that. Though the vault itself is supposedly large if the rumors are true. I don't know how you would be able to clear the whole place out Lucian," Kasumi stated as she glanced over to her rather intrigued conspirator. There still have been a few things she wasn't able to confirm herself yet as it involved getting close to the mansion itself.

"The paths in mind at the moment require very little gear at most it would be some clothing, though there are several ways I have thought about approaching the matter," Kasumi stated as she brushed some of her silver hair behind her ear and glanced towards the door for a moment. She severely doubted the Lord Constable would get locked up at least not without something massive happening. The man did control the local guard and that was trouble by itself.

The server nodded her head as she placed down a cup of coffee and took Kasumi's old cup before going to the barkeep to place the order for the food. After another moment, she would be seen walking toward the bards to pass on the request. Kasumi watched as the woman moved about before letting out a sigh. Was that really needed? That just draws more attention. She thought to herself, leaning forward on the table as she picked up the coffee.

Returning her attention to Bosco as he brought up the acquaintance, "if you can call someone I know less about than your two then yes sure you can call them an associate of mine. I just simply slipped them a letter and said if guards ask about me then to give them the letter." At the mention of her adventurer's card, she drummed her fingers against the table for a few moments as she pondered it for a moment. Puffing her cheeks for a moment, she then let out a small sigh.

She reached into her pack and revealed the card, "Didn't think you were the type Bosco, asking a girl for her guild card and not even get her dinner." She smirked as she placed it in an envelope and then made a mark on the envelope before sliding it over. "I will agree but it stays in that envelope, the moment I get it back and I see its been opened then we will have a problem. There is a lot of personal information and stuff about my skills on that card," she warned him as she then left the envelope at the center of the table.

"With that out of the way," Kasumi smiled as she sat straight up in the chair and pulled out several more documents. "There are three approaches that I've been considering, the first is the Lord Constable is looking for some more hired help which would give us ease of access to most of the mansion. The second idea is saying that we are looking to sell some weapons to him, and the third. Well, the third I wouldn't recommend, no offense but you two don't seem like the cloak and dagger type, which is we infiltration the mansion at night." She explained as the new papers were layouts drawn by her of the mansions outside and then the first floor.

"We can go over the finer details later in a more secluded place," Kasumi concluded as the waitress brought over the coffee and food Lucian had ordered earlier along with a note detailing the bards would like to speak to Lucian after their performance has concluded. "So with that all laid out what do you say boys?" Kasumi leaned back in the chair as she put the parcel away in her bag.

Notes:

Boscos.jpg

Bosco watches Kasumi wordlessly as she considers his demand, shrugging at her playful remark. At this point, even he saw this as a needless precaution, but the circumstances were such that potentially sacrificing some goodwill here was far preferable to being made a fool of later. He leans his arm forward and slides the envelope from the center of the table to Lucian. “You should be the one to hold onto this. You can keep it secure, right?”

The noise in the tavern dims noticeably, and a lull occurs in the conversation. Bosco leans back in his chair, twisting his body to see the barmaid awkwardly addressing the performers, gesturing towards their table. A frown creeps its way onto Bosco’s already decidedly unfriendly expression. The patrons who had been listening intently to the bards a moment ago fix their gazes on their table, clearly annoyed with the needless interruption. It was a sentiment Bosco shared. “Let’s finish this up quickly. We’re drawing more attention than planned.”

As the three avenues of approach are laid out by Kasumi, Bosco quickly considers the pros and cons of each. Placing themselves in the employ of their target seems to be the most meritorious approach by far, but it offers the significant drawback of making themselves known to the Lord Constable and his staff. The reverse is true for night infiltration. And as for the arms dealer approach… Well, he’d have a chance to think about all of that later. For now, he nods at Kasumi’s conclusion, and stares at the waitress with an unfriendly gaze until she leaves the table. “It seems we’ll have a lot to consider. So, are we heading out together, or should we go our separate ways? If we’re not sticking together for now, I’ll be on my way."

Lucian's easy smile remained intact, despite the change in atmosphere caused by the interruption. The note from the bards was unexpected, but his attention was mainly on the conversation at hand. He sensed Bosco's annoyance and recognized the truth in his statement, but the impulsiveness and confidence that had propelled him into this venture held sway over any trepidation he might have felt.

As he took in the details of the room, his mind effortlessly assessing the situation, Lucian found himself enjoying the increasing tension. The spotlight was shifting towards them, but he was a gambler at heart, and he thrived in the heat of the moment. The challenge of the heist, the dynamics between the three of them, even the unexpected scrutiny of the tavern's patrons - all of it played into the grand game that was unfolding.

His eyes met Kasumi's as she leaned back, her question hanging in the air, and he knew that his decision had already been made. The allure of the adventure, the appeal of the unknown, had captured his imagination, and he was committed to seeing it through.

He picked up his cup of coffee, his expression composed and confident, and responded, "I say let's embrace the challenge and make history. A more secluded place for planning is wise, but we have our goal, our roles, and our resolve. We can handle a few watchful eyes; after all, we're about to take on much greater risks."

He took a sip of the coffee, savoring the taste as he considered the implications of the bards' request. Was it related to their current venture? Or merely a coincidence? His intuition, honed by years of gambling and assessing probabilities, told him that it was likely the latter. Still, it was an intriguing twist, a wildcard in the game.

Turning to Bosco, Lucian's eyes twinkled with amusement. "I agree, my friend, we shouldn't linger too long. But we're in this together now, and we have a plan to make, a fortune to win, and a tale to tell. The attention of a few curious patrons won't change that."

He leaned back, his demeanor relaxed but his mind sharp and alert, ready for the next move in this thrilling game. The details would be worked out, the risks assessed and embraced, and the rewards reaped. Lucian was in his element, poised on the edge of a grand adventure, and he was enjoying every moment of it.

Lucian's eyes shifted to the envelope as Bosco slid it across the table, a knowing glint in his eye. He reached out and picked it up, his touch deft and sure, like a player assessing a promising card.

"Certainly," he replied, his voice smooth and unruffled. "I'll keep it safe. We're all in this together, after all."

His mind was already racing ahead, analyzing possibilities and probabilities, considering the dynamics between the three of them. Bosco's caution was understandable, even admirable, and it played into Lucian's own careful balance between risk-taking and strategy. He knew the game was fraught with peril, but he also knew that the rewards could be immense.

As he tucked the envelope into his sleeve, disappearing into his dimensional space. He glanced at Bosco, his expression both thoughtful and appreciative. "Trust is a rare commodity, especially in a game like this," he mused. "But we'll build it as we go, through actions and results. We'll prove ourselves to each other, and we'll win."

His words were tinged with the excitement and anticipation that were bubbling up inside him. The challenge was laid out, the stakes were high, and the players were assembled. The game was afoot, and Lucian was more than ready to play.

His eyes flicked back to Kasumi, the main instigator of this thrilling venture, and he smiled, a confident, charismatic grin that spoke of his faith in their success. "Let's make this a heist to remember," he declared, his voice resonant with conviction. "Let's make history."

The adventurous risk-taker in him was fully engaged now, eager for the thrill of the chase, the rush of the gamble. And the shrewd and cunning master of the game was equally enthralled, ready to plot and plan, to analyze and execute.

Kasumi watched as the envelope swapped from person to person, though her face showed she was rather bored about that small exchange. She rested her head in the palm of her hand, glancing between the two of them as they decided on who would keep the envelope. As Bosco spoke up about the attention that was drawn toward them, as she took a small glance around as several of the patrons looked at their table. No doubt there was some annoyance in their eyes, as she looked back at the table. "We are attracting a lot more attention thanks our lovely friend here," she stated with a smirk as her eyes rested on Lucian.

As Lucian spoke about the heist like it was going to be an amazing thing like the white knight saving the princess from the dragon. "Cool it there, hotshot, your grandeur ideas and fantasies about the heist are not always what you think it will be," she warned him as her tone turned more serious. This wasn't a game, the upcoming heist was important and not a child's game. Though that wasn't to say she didn't think he was taking it seriously but, she knew there were plenty of risks if everyone didn't act like their lives were truly on the line.

Kasumi stood up from the seat as she downed the rest of the coffee. "Well boys, I do have a place where we can plan and its in the same part of the city as our plan," she stated, standing up from the table. She grabbed her pack and then started to walk out of the tavern as she paused at the door she looked back over her shoulder waiting for them to follow so the planning could begin.
Notes: The End First part of the main thread will be up today or tomorrow.

ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Rewards

Kasumi - 12 Points

Lucian - 8 Points
Acquired Optional Skill - Alternate Identity F (Add 7 points to earned and spent)

Bosco- 8 Points
Acquired optional Skill - Alternate Identity E (Add 14 Points to earned and spent)

Mentions: Qu-Ce Qu-Ce gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Novama Novama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back