Avengers?

Ah, for a second there Stillborn I thought you were the one that got blasted for the SS idea.

I've never seen so many people grab pitchforks, shovels and other various farm tools for such a brutal verbal beating.

I'd forgotten all about the Man-Man thing. Many of us miss the old EC and the information (good or bad) it contained despite it website problems. Hopefully Stillborn will be able to get that information from Yoshi.

Hahah, if I remember correctly, the Avengers were... this whole splat created by this... person that's basically Underworld Dragon-Blooded. Custon splats and a hundred Charms for them are fine, except they were kind of lame. The name wasn't even an adjective!

Well, that's what I felt after skimming after the .pdf thinger and the Charms... *shrug*

avengers is what gave me the idea for the charm "naming the honored brother." Except my charm has a chance of failure, and doesnt create a new type of exalted.

The Avengers book was poorly written and stopped halfway through. The 'aspects' were off, with themes that could have been chosen better (I can't remember them now, suffice to say they could have been better), the charms were lame as mentioned, etc etc.

The only quality first ed fanbook I've read is Sol Invictus. Bless you, Sol Invictus.

The only thing I find lacking in Sol Invictus was illustration. Compared to its contents, they were so... what's the word, not cool enough. :| Though, comparing it to the first corebook, it was leagues better... Blargh.

Still there's one illustration in SI that I really like. Shame I can't find the stupid thing for my new computer (Well, I'm just being lazy.)

Now that I look at it again...

...Horatio the Accused? Deidre Soulfest? Katrina the Damned? Benny?!

I've got it in PDF format.  Ironically I noticed that just a few days ago.  Not sure how I'd go about sending it to anyone, though...

Also, having just now looked over the Avengers once more, I find the signature Avengers somewhat bizarre.  Mostly because they hail from real-world places, and allude to some kind of disaster.  Am I missing something here?

I got the impression that they were created for a modern-day alternate setting... which doesn't make them any better, really.

From what I can tell from reading this mess, the Avengers are some goth's pet idea.  The sobriquetes are proof of that.  And why does the setup of the game look like Exalted, but the pre-generated characters have modern backgrounds?  There's nothing in game's setup that shows how this fuckup could be substantiated.

It seems to be a bit broken and too simplistic.

Maybe he can revamp the setup and resubmit it later.

I give it a -1 for Description (Not very detailed, many spelling and grammar errors, and most of the pre-gens are missing their sheets), 0 for Rules (decent, but nothing special, revamped DB Charms?), -1 for Originality (I've seem underworld DB setups that were better, and those sobriquetes still get me).

So, a total of -2.

Not good enough for my game.

I, too, clicked....but I did not read. I read the writing on the wall. Or the forum. Or whatever. And 60+ pages of it? I have enough quality shit to read without filling my head with this.....

I was going to say the Death Aspected Terrrestrials are in B and W - and not so much that they are Death aspected parsay as they can cast shadowland necromancy instead of terrestrial sorcery

and they are pale and all that jazz

EEEK Avenger's are CANNON now.

Except now their just mutant Dragon blooded.

(If your wondering what im blathering about "Black treastise, page 17.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back