Avar Pendergast member form (Approved)

Tardy Grade

The Page Turner
Member Form

What do you expect from RP's?
I have different expectations based on the plot and the way the person who has organised the story comes off as. My minimum expectation is a civil environment with open discussion and plenty of scope for fun.

What do you expect from THIS RP?
A gradual understanding of a new world where my character could thrive.

What kind of Experience do you have in RPing?
I've RP'd on different levels for 3 years now but am no stranger to writing and fantasy. Having been immersed in books and games has led for a fairly comprehensive understanding on the different aspects I may come across in worlds such as the one presented.

What genres of RP do you like? Fantasy,Sci-fi, Horror, Realistic.
What times are you available? At least once a day if not more depending on how busy I am at my lab.
How long on average are you on? Around 2 hours a day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? 1 a day is something I've become accustomed to.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? If so, in what way? Theoretical proponents maybe? Help find plausible magical or lore friendly reasoning for certain matters or issues.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? Are you referring to roles like 'Son of so-and-so'? I'm sure if we discussed it and a proper case was made I'd be fine with it.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? Sure.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? I'd rather not since I'm not so confidant of my hosting abilities.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

General Traits

Character Image
http://i.imgur.com/RiOnJcJ.jpg

Character Role
Main

Character Name
Avar Pendergast

Alias
War Orphan

Race
Human

Appearance

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 260 lbs
Hair: Silver-white, Tall, Hair like a lion's mane. Similar to image provided but younger.

Eyes: Light Blue

Body Marks:
Scars from past-battles riddle his body but are mostly superfluous. They serve more as reminders than burdens of the physical variety.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Biography

Birth Place: Unknown

Date of Birth: 21st Outset 973 CYAD

Nationality: Northerner

Personality: Not one to avoid lending those in need a helping hand, Avar often finds himself embroiled in matters he does not fully grasp. These rash decisions would probably spell doom for most others but having survived as long as he has, he's made a habit out of it.

A habit that may prove to be a lethal one some day. But not this day.

Having spent his time with little else to do during long rides in caravans or in war-bands he's also made his habit of rash choices into one of gambling against odds for monetary gain.

It hardly bothers him when he loses for the thrill of the moment where everything is on the line is what drives him.

For what is life if not chance?

2 Positive Traits: Helpful and Committed.

2 Negative Traits: Rash and Risk-taker.

Weaknesses:
Despite his experience in the battle field he's not one to be fluent in social interactions. Though he's educated enough to speak he's never learnt how to read or write. Carries a minor inferiority complex with regards to this lack of his.

History: A product of combat. Born to a mother who's name was taken from her when invaders snatched away her land. He was kept solely due to the fact that the bandit leader had taken a liking to his mother and disposing of him would probably destroy her already crumbling sense of self. All it did in the end was extend her torturous existence where she was forced to wait on the leader of the men who sacked her home and hearth.

At the tender age of five, Avar found his mother hanging from the highest beam in their small wooden home. There was no note, no message to her or her captors. The angry leader was besides himself in rage and in a fit of rage assaulted the only remnant she'd left behind. On the brink of death he calmed himself enough to order the boy be sent to the front lines for the next siege.

It was the leader's dear hope that the boy would fall to a gruesome fate there. However things have an odd way of playing out. The injured boy did indeed meet with many life threatening instances but his diminutive size and stature allowed him to hide among bodies of fallen horses and men alike. He carried on this way until he made his way to the enemy camp. He hid among their supplies until an aged soldier found him out.

Avar all but gave up hope at this point but unexpectedly the man did not beat nor kill the boy. Instead he took him to the captain and took it upon himself to look after the child. Not seeing any issue with this the captain signed off on the matter and thus began the next leg of Avar's life as the sole surviving orphan of a clan who's name he did not know.

Fields of battle became his fields of play. Dead men his teachers.

After the passing of his guardian Avar left his band of brothers and went on his own path. It took him many years to feel like his own man and through many journeys he found himself at the Norhads sword guild. Famed enough that no soldier in their world had not heard at least one tale linking back to it. Avar's purpose at present was to carve such a tale for himself.

Life Skills: Standard combat trained, Weaponry knowledgeable, Adequate Hunter and cook,Tactics aware.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:
A mish-mash of armor found on the battle fields he'd been on. Each the most salvageable component he could take as his own and work with. This improvised armor held the best features he deemed essential to his style of combat. Not like a full plated knight armor that hampered movement and not as supple and easily destroyed like a ranger'd leather bindings.

It stood as a testament to those he honored as worthy opponents containing feathers from fallen beastmen, cloth from expert mages and so on and so forth.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/2b/62/e72b62abcad0cd0fe221618af5fb3f8d.jpg

Personal Items:
Everything he had was constantly changing and he held no true attachment to them. His favorite weapon would be the one that saved his life. Currently he's got enough gold to last him a month spent wisely and the broadsword of his most recent foe.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Combat Section

Adaptive Combatant/ War-born

Description: An individual who adjusts to the battle field. Using the weapons of fallen enemies as a sign of respect and to prevent getting stuck in any one tone of mastery. Those who choose to live by only one weapon often die by them.

Elements Affinity: Fire / Earth /Steel
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / EHM
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 15 / CCA: 3 /

Special Ability:
Sheep's clothing:
Once he's beaten a human enemy or highly armored one if the size is compatible he can mimic their nuances through the careful usage of years of close observation to infiltrate enemy camps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Runes Artes:

Arte level 1

Name of Arte: Magnitude

Type: ATK

Description: Avar uses his current weapon in combination of his own momentum,drawn forth from the ground beneath his feet, to bring out startling single burst damage at close range. Inapplicable to ranged weapons other than thrown projectiles. OOC: Attacks a single foe.

Elemental: Earth

Price: 5 Token points

Cost: 6 SE

CCA: 3

Arte level 2

Name of Arte: Phoenix Writ

Type: EHM

Description: Fire shrouds his hands and weapon. Imbuing it with additional fire damage while dealing the blow. OOC: Increases weapon damage with fire attribute. Doubles damage on attack rolls for the duration of 3 post turns.

Elemental: Fire

Price: 10 Token points

Cost: 12 SE

CCA: 6

Arte level 3

Name of Arte: Fortitude

Type: DEF

Description: By straining every fiber of his body into a taut unyielding mass he can withstand an attack from forces that would make lesser men break . OOC: Blocks a incoming damage with no side-effects.

Elemental: Steel

Price: 15 Token points

Cost: 18 SE

CCA: 9

Arte level 4

Name of Arte: Earthbound

Description: Immersing his weapon into the Earth itself and encasing it the hardest substance present to bludgeon the enemy infront of him. Even though it taxes him greatly he pays it gladly with the blood of his enemies. OOC: Increases Avar's attack and makes all attacks blunt damage,earth based.+8 damage for a single turn.

Price: 20 Token points

Cost: 24 SE

CCA: 12

Arte level 5

Name of Arte: Embodiment

Description: The ultimate form of man and weapon. Fusing with the weapon and making it an extension of one's own body for a devastating display of a tool living to it's full potential. OOC: Attacks a single foe.

Price: 25 Token points

Cost: 30 SE

CCA: 15

Last edited:
Tardy Grade Tardy Grade welcome! I will begin reviewing your CS for approval. I will quote your post and mark any comments, questions or suggestions in RED and BOLD type.
Let's get started.

Member Form

What do you expect from RP's?
I have different expectations based on the plot and the way the person who has organised the story comes off as. My minimum expectation is a civil environment with open discussion and plenty of scope for fun.

What do you expect from THIS RP?
A gradual understanding of a new world where my character could thrive.

What kind of Experience do you have in RPing?
I've RP'd on different levels for 3 years now but am no stranger to writing and fantasy. Having been immersed in books and games has led for a fairly comprehensive understanding on the different aspects I may come across in worlds such as the one presented.

What genres of RP do you like? Fantasy,Sci-fi, Horror, Realistic.
What times are you available? At least once a day if not more depending on how busy I am at my lab.
How long on average are you on? Around 2 hours a day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? 1 a day is something I've become accustomed to.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? If so, in what way? Theoretical proponents maybe? Help find plausible magical or lore friendly reasoning for certain matters or issues.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? Are you referring to roles like 'Son of so-and-so'? I'm sure if we discussed it and a proper case was made I'd be fine with it.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? Sure.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? I'd rather not since I'm not so confidant of my hosting abilities.

General Traits

Character Image
http://i.imgur.com/RiOnJcJ.jpg

Character Role
Main

Character Name
Avar Pendergast

Alias
War Orphan

Race
Human

Appearance

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 260 lbs
Hair: Silver-white, Tall, Hair like a lion's mane. Similar to image provided but younger.

Eyes: Light Blue

Body Marks:
Scars from past-battles riddle his body but are mostly superfluous. They serve more as reminders than burdens of the physical variety.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Biography

Birth Place: Unknown

Date of Birth: 21st Outset 973 CYAD

Nationality: Northerner

Personality: Not one to avoid lending those in need a helping hand, Avar often finds himself embroiled in matters he does not fully grasp. These rash decisions would probably spell doom for most others but having survived as long as he has, he's made a habit out of it.

A habit that may prove to be a lethal one some day. But not this day.

Having spent his time with little else to do during long rides in caravans or in war-bands he's also made his habit of rash choices into one of gambling against odds for monetary gain.

It hardly bothers him when he loses for the thrill of the moment where everything is on the line is what drives him.

For what is life if not chance?

2 Positive Traits: Helpful and Committed.

2 Negative Traits: Rash and Risk-taker.

Weaknesses:
Despite his experience in the battle field he's not one to be fluent in social interactions. Though he's educated enough to speak he's never learnt how to read or write. Carries a minor inferiority complex with regards to this lack of his.

History: A product of combat. Born to a mother who's name was taken from her when invaders snatched away her land. He was kept solely due to the fact that the bandit leader had taken a liking to his mother and disposing of him would probably destroy her already crumbling sense of self. All it did in the end was extend her torturous existence where she was forced to wait on the leader of the men who sacked her home and hearth.

At the tender age of five, Avar found his mother hanging from the highest beam in their small wooden home. There was no note, no message to her or her captors. The angry leader was besides himself in rage and in a fit of rage assaulted the only remnant she'd left behind. On the brink of death he calmed himself enough to order the boy be sent to the front lines for the next siege.

It was the leader's dear hope that the boy would fall to a gruesome fate there. However things have an odd way of playing out. The injured boy did indeed meet with many life threatening instances but his diminutive size and stature allowed him to hide among bodies of fallen horses and men alike. He carried on this way until he made his way to the enemy camp. He hid among their supplies until an aged soldier found him out.

Avar all but gave up hope at this point but unexpectedly the man did not beat nor kill the boy. Instead he took him to the captain and took it upon himself to look after the child. Not seeing any issue with this the captain signed off on the matter and thus began the next leg of Avar's life as the sole surviving orphan of a clan who's name he did not know.

Fields of battle became his fields of play. Dead men his teachers.

After the passing of his guardian Avar left his band of brothers and went on his own path. It took him many years to feel like his own man and through many journeys he found himself at the Norhads sword guild. Famed enough that no soldier in their world had not heard at least one tale linking back to it. Avar's purpose at present was to carve such a tale for himself.

Life Skills: Standard combat trained, Weaponry knowledgeable, Adequate Hunter and cook,Tactics aware.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:
A mish-mash of armor found on the battle fields he'd been on. Each the most salvageable component he could take as his own and work with. This improvised armor held the best features he deemed essential to his style of combat. Not like a full plated knight armor that hampered movement and not as supple and easily destroyed like a ranger'd leather bindings.

It stood as a testament to those he honored as worthy opponents containing feathers from fallen beastmen, cloth from expert mages and so on and so forth.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/2b/62/e72b62abcad0cd0fe221618af5fb3f8d.jpg

Personal Items:
Everything he had was constantly changing and he held no true attachment to them. His favorite weapon would be the one that saved his life. Currently he's got enough gold to last him a month spent wisely and the broadsword of his most recent foe.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Combat Section

Adaptive Combatant/ War-born

Description: An individual who adjusts to the battle field. Using the weapons of fallen enemies as a sign of respect and to prevent getting stuck in any one tone of mastery. Those who choose to live by only one weapon often die by them.

Elements Affinity: Fire / Earth /Steel
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / EHM
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 15 / CCA: 3 / (*What do you mean by add one for each arte?)

Sorry there is no need to add anything there anymore. I need to remove it and keep forgetting.

Special Ability:
Sheep's clothing:
Once he's beaten a human enemy or highly armored one if the size is compatible he can mimic their nuances through the careful usage of years of close observation to infiltrate enemy camps.

Runes Artes:

Arte level 1

Name of Arte: Magnitude
Description: Avar uses his current weapon in combination of his own momentum,drawn forth from the ground beneath his feet, to bring out startling single burst damage at close range. Inapplicable to ranged weapons other than thrown projectiles. OOC: Attacks a single foe.
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Approved

Arte level 2

Name of Arte: Phoenix Writ
Description: Fire shrouds his hands and weapon. Imbuing it with additional fire damage while dealing the blow. OOC: Increases weapon damage with fire attribute.
Elemental: Fire
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

So for any EHM artes, we need to quantify the 'buff' and set a duration. We can give an increase of double for the final 2 ATK dice. So for example, if he rolls 5 successful ATK dice, 2/5 would deal double the damage. Since every ATK dice that hits results in -1HP, the total for that outcome would be -7HP. For this I would suggest a duration of 3 post/turns.

Arte level 3

Name of Arte: Fortitude
Type: DEF
Description: By straining every fiber of his body into a taut unyielding mass he can withstand an attack from forces that would make lesser men break . OOC: Blocks a large physical attack with no side-effects.
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Artes are the supernatural powers. They will always trump 'physical' aspects of combat. So this DEF arte would work not only on physical but also against other artes

Arte level 4

Name of Arte: Earthbound
Description: Immersing his weapon into the Earth itself and encasing it the hardest substance present to bludgeon the enemy infront of him. Even though it taxes him greatly he pays it gladly with the blood of his enemies. OOC: Increases Avar's attack and makes all attacks blunt damage,earth based.
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

So for this EHM, the same principles apply from your level 2 arte. Would you like to try coming up with the Effect and Duration yourself? If not, I can suggest something later and you tell me if you like it.

Arte level 5

Name of Arte: Embodiment
Description: The ultimate form of man and weapon. Fusing with the weapon and making it an extension of one's own body for a devastating display of a tool living to it's full potential. OOC: Attacks a single foe.
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

Approved

Oh okay.

For the level 2 vs level 4 Artes can you give a slight explanation/example in way of difference? I'll change the 'only physical' to 'all incoming damage'.
Thanks for the quick assessment.

Oh okay.

For the level 2 vs level 4 Artes can you give a slight explanation/example in way of difference? I'll change the 'only physical' to 'all incoming damage'.
Thanks for the quick assessment.

EHM artes are mostly about Effect and Duration. There also has to be a balance between them, either strong effect and short duration or vice versa.

EHM Effects work on physical aspects of combat. Both your lvl 2 and 4 are designed to enhance specifically for strength.

From the flavor text you wrote, I deduce a strong effect for a short time. So something like +8 ATK dice, duration 1 post/turn

Users who are viewing this thread