• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avalon's Gargoyles

ShalRavenne

The Crimson Lioness
(Starting this now, any who wish to join please ask first.)

Avalon, the mysterious island that has faded into myths and legends, is quite real. I know, for I was born there. I have slept on the misty shores, walked it's paths and grew up knowing the Children of Oberon. I fly in the night's air and am free as one could be under the laws of Oberon and his Queen Tatiana. She keeps him honest and fair as only she can however. I cannot begrudge them for they have given us a home, food and drink and a place where we can find purpose.

I should explain more but our tale, our journey is not solely mine to tell. We are Gargoyles, you may see statues of us used to frighten away superstitions and ghosts. But I come from a land of superstitions and the sword was often the way of the world for the humans. I was told stories of both humans and gargoyles, of how we had sworn to protect our castle and those within while we were awake at night. How a single human had ruined it all with betrayal to both kinds living in the castle. Many were lost and it is how we came to be born on Avalon, from the eggs saved from the Rookery and brought to this land with the clan's leader, Goliath before they parted ways.

I remember wishing I could meet our clan's leader, and I did. Though I doubt he remembers me, I was so young then, even when the battle was raged. I grew restless after that. And here is where I'll start my tale in earnest.

@ahnothorin

The waves lapped upon the shores of misty Avalon. The night was one of cooking fires on the sands and a joyous crowd to enjoy the evening. Food was cooked over the flames, the sound of gliding wings, of laughter, songs and tales being told. The flames cast eerie shadows in different ways, catching and stretching the beings around. Leisurely mock sword or wrestling battles were being wagged in friendly competition, this was our home. We were alive, happy, free under Oberon's reign. Why shouldn't we celebrate?

We range in many shapes, sizes and colors, we call each other friend, pal, anything really. I have a name, I had chosen it when Goliath had come and helped us regain our freedom but now under Oberon's rule. It was his land originally after all, it was only fair he keep it. Yet only fair that we remain, he had left it so many centuries ago and we had come upon it deserted. But yet, I cannot find peace, I am restless and no longer content to remain here on this small island. There has to be someone else here who feels the same.

I sit a short twenty yards away from the nearest fire other than my own, away from the frolicking of her kind. She sat, carving out a boat like she saw Elisa and Goliath use. She had made it bigger in hopes that she could fit more supplies in it, and if someone decided to leave with her then she decided that she would not turn that someone away.

She took her dagger to the wood once more, it was so very nearly done. There was some softening of the edges to do, more comfortable lining for sleep, a way to hold down her supplies if a storm hit. She had thought of many things, now she had but to complete it all. It had taken her the few months since the departure of Goliath to get this far with her boat and her plan. She didn't want to wait much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back