• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Auto Refresh Role Plays?

Do you want your role plays & OOC threads to automatically refresh new responses for you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GgAcE

Retired Staff
Edit:

Due to mixed reviewed & some possible bugs with the OOC system, Live threads will be discontinued until a later date. We will revisit in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I've been seeing with this is a lag on the pages that have gone live, and have been taking a whole lot longer to load the new stuff, than a simple refresh. *tried this on three different browsers, and on two different computers (and internet sources), noted no difference in what was used in regards to lag*

So, while a nifty feature, I can't put myself behind it.

I've noticed an increase in lag on live pages, have been bumped forward pages when trying to read rps and catch up on them, would be good as an opt in/out situation, maybe.

So like Esme said, while nifty, yeah.

Strange as I, nor the server have shown any major increase in load. I think the "lag" you are referring too is the motion of the page scrolling. Once a page goes "live" it won't display pages. It will be one really long thread. Once it's marked inactive it reverts back to multiple pages being displayed. I will keep an eye on the load.

When I post a post that I posted, the post that I wrote in the text box-stays like what im typing right now, if I submit it, and the thing does (Save draft) I come back and my post is in the box even if I just posted it :/

It never did it to me before. only when you just installed the refresh thing

While I find the concept interesting, I also cannot put myself behind this one. There are a lot of people that type out long responses, while some people in roleplays type out short quick things, and this could cause confusion as the person tries to adapt to the ever changing situation and ultimately lead to a person's downfall. I've actually experienced such a thing before, so I have to say no.

[QUOTE="King of Imagination]While I find the concept interesting, I also cannot put myself behind this one. There are a lot of people that type out long responses, while some people in roleplays type out short quick things, and this could cause confusion as the person tries to adapt to the ever changing situation and ultimately lead to a person's downfall. I've actually experienced such a thing before, so I have to say no.

[/QUOTE]
Sorry I don't understand.

Are you saying if you are typing a response to a role play & you see other responses it will mess you up?

I think he's trying to say:

If he's typing to post in the rp (whith the refresher) and its a rp that is constantly replying/moving, the rp would keep on moving and he wont even be able to reply because everyone is moving ahead without him. And this would cause him to change his post 1000000 times because of how fast the rp is moving

sorry if that didnt make sense but im sure its probably what he's trying to say O.o

I really don't think you guys understand how a forum works then.

Without the auto refresh, you will miss those posts as they will post automatically appear once you click submit.

With the auto refresh they dynamically appear while you are typing.

So no matter if we do it for you or you refresh it manually, the posts will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back