AU

Light

M.A.R.C.Y.
This is basically for any type o AU you would like to rp with that has something to do with characters of the Dragon's Roar universe 

RJ was cleaning his room after what had seemed to be a century. He had a mountain of soda cans strategically stacked so he would have to take care of them. His laundry had overflowed and engulf it's basket. Empty bags of doritos littered the floor. It took an hour just to clean up the floor but when he finished he was proud of his work. He cracked his back and went back inside. He sat at his computer and went onto Facebook and posted he had finally cleaned his room and it was now lemon scented.

Zalena sits down in her classroom while taking notes, keeping herself from missing a single word from the teacher. Most of the adolescents around her were either talking or sleeping. Zalena didn't need this class since she had all advanced placement classes but she did it since she already had enough credits to graduate at Sophomore year. She only took random classes so she wouldn't look bad to colleges. If she graduated early they'd just tell her she missed three years worth of classes she could have taken. She was the sensation of the high school she went to even though she didn't ask for it. She was number one on the honor roll, number one on the popularity list, and number one on the girls that people wish they could get with list. Despite this she always kept to herself during school hours. She never strayed through the halls whenever a passing bell rang and refrains from talking to others in class. Once she's in school, she's there for her education. 

It seemed like Zalena had a mental link with the daily bell that allows them to move towards lunch since she already had her things neatly packed away by the time it went off. Once it did Zalena did not waste anytime leaving the classroom without giving anyone a single glance. Though when she did exit the classroom she ended up failing to notice that her mood ring broke off of its chain and fell to the floor beside Castiel. Zalena swiftly moves to the cafeteria and before anyone could get there, the employee's in the cafeteria give her a warm smile and hold out prepared food wrapped in plastic bags. Zalena opens her backpack and allows them to stash the prepared food in her bag. "Thank you." Was all she said with a warm smile before becoming the first in line to get food once a nameless child and the thirty after him came into the cafeteria. This was no more than the average day for Zalena...and it would be this way for years to come. ( @GingerBread )

As the bell for the end of class rung, Castiel picked up his bag and held it to the side of his desk before lazily shoving all his stuff off of the desk and into his bag, not really putting much effort into it; Castiel was never one to put much effort into anything as long as it was good enough, this meant that he was only just, barely passing his classes, He also wasn't exactly popular or well known in the school compared to everyone else; He wasn't a social person and would've liked to make friends, but wasn't really outgoing enough to get any.

As he stood up to leave the class, he noticed one of the more popular girls drop something on the ground, he watched for a couple of seconds to see if anyone else would pick it up to give it back to her, but when he saw no one even really notice it or pay it any attention, he walked over to it and picked it up himself, seeing it was a ring as he did. 'It looks nice, it probably means a lot to her; I should go find her so I can return it... It's also not a bad excuse for me to talk to her; She's not bad looking...'  Castiel shook the thought out of his head before walking out of the classroom.

Even though it was lunchtime, Castiel was intent on finding the girl; He didn't mind missing out on lunch as he was sure he could just snack when he got home anyway. 'I'm fairly sure I know what she looks like, after all she's kinda hard to forget anyway...' Castiel shook his head lightly again and walked over to a girl he was sure was the person he had seen drop the ring earlier, though he decided to make sure. "Hi... Did you happen to lose a ring?"

@Light

Zalena was about to sit down at her table but Castiel's question ended up taking priority. She looks down at her chest and realizes that the ring was no longer on the chain. "Y-yes I have. That ring means a lot to me, my name is Zalena. Thank you..." Zalena raises an eyebrow and slightly tilts her head towards him. It was obvious that she was trying to ask him for his name without saying it. 

Castiel pulled the ring out of his pocket and held it it out to her as he scratched the back of his head with his other hand. "Hey Zalena.. I'm Castiel, It's uh, It's nice to meet you." Castiel cleared his throat slightly and looked around slightly before eventually settling his eyes on Zalena and looking into her eyes for a couple of seconds before dropping his gaze to the floor. "So.. Do you mind if I sit with you for lunch..? O-Or..  are you waiting for your friends?"

@Light

"Well Castiel I..." She couldn't tell him no since he did help her get this back. She wouldn't let things go any further than lunch though, she couldn't get caught up with boys and their troubles. She'd have to be cautious around him since he was trying to get close. Her mother would always warn her about the dangers of boys after all. "Uh..sure...I wont talk much though since I usually sit in silence at lunch. Don't expect much from me." Zalena walks over to her table and directs for Castiel to sit at the end. Zalena sits two seats down from him on the opposite side and sets down her tray. She doesn't hesitate to begin eating once she does. 

Castiel took off his bag and dropped it under the table, pulling out his lunchbox just before. He thought it was a bit strange that Zalena wanted to sit away from him, though he didn't say anything about it. 'Does she not want me to sit with her? Surely she'd tell me that she didn't want to sit with me, if she didn't right?' Castiel brushed it off as her just not liking to be too close to people or something. He opened up his lunchbox and pulled out a sandwich; His lunchbox had another sandwich, a packet of potato chips and a slice of cake that was wrapped up still in it.

He unwrapped his sandwich and started eating it, he kept his eyes on his sandwich, but kept sneaking glances at Zalena every so often. Once he'd finished his sandwich, he started, ever so lightly, drumming his fingers on the table; He wasn't making much noise with it and it was less than the surrounding noise of everyone else in the cafeteria. 'She doesn't seem to want to talk to me... I doubt she'll talk to me after this.. Though she's not talking to me now...'  Castiel tried to think of something to talk about; He wanted to at least try to become friends with Zalena if he could, though he knew it was probably unlikely. He looked up and smiled at Zalena. "So... what subject are you best at?" Castiel asked in hopes of starting some sort of conversation. 'Great way to sound like a nerd to the most popular girl in school... Great job Castiel. It'll probably sound even better if you tell her you're close to failing nearly all of your classes.. I'm sure sounding like an idiot will be better' Castiel mentally berated himself as he looked away from Zalena and back down at his lunch, pulling out another sandwich. 

@Light

Zalena was hoping she could carry on through lunch without a single word but Castiel was trying to start a conversation. She couldn't just ignore him completely so she had to give him some form of an answer. "I would say my fashion class." Zalena was simply taking classes this year just to buy time until she graduates. She didn't need to take anymore classes but it would be nice to do so. Her fashion class was the easiest for her personally so by default she'd be the best in that one. "What about you?" Zalena was eating all the food on the tray, even the tasteless and previously frozen mash potatoes. She ate every crumb of food the tray had to offer, tasty or not. Most people would only eat the pizza and throw the rest away. 

Castiel looked up as she answered his question, it caught him slightly off guard, but mostly because he was still berating himself mentally. "Er.. I'm about the same in all my classes; I'm just a bit away from failing them all.. But, you know..." Castiel didn't really like the fact that he was almost failing his classes, but he figured there wasn't much he could really do about it, so he just did his best to ignore that fact. He raised an eyebrow as he noticed Zalena was eating pretty much everything off of her plate, almost leaving it cleaner than when she got it. "You hungry?" Castiel smiled at her before looking down at his lunchbox, which still contained a slice of cake and a packet of potato chips. He then looked back up at Zalena. "You can have the rest of my lunch, if you want that is; I'm not really that hungry"

@Light

Zalena didn't like taking from others on a whim, she wanted to at least obtain things on her own in areas she could. With that being said the more she looked at the food the more her hunger began to come to her. She could only imagine how hungry her other siblings could be at home. She already had food from the cafeteria employee's who understood her story but maybe this would be okay to give to her sister. Her mother could only do so much to support the already poor family of 10 kids so bringing food home from school was a big help. "T-Thank you...that would be nice." 

Castiel smiled at Zalena and tried to slide his lunchbox across the table towards her, though he underestimated how hard he have to push it, so he stood up and walked over to Zalena, picking up the lunchbox. "You can have everything that's still in there, if you want"  Castiel smiled as he placed the lunchbox in front of Zalena. He then turned around to walk back to his seat, once he sat back down he looked over at Zalena again "So.. How well do you do in your classes?"

@Light

Last edited by a moderator:
Zalena nods her head in thanks to Castiel for helping her out, she would need to put this in the cafeteria's fridge. She looks at the clock and takes note of them having ten minutes left of lunch, she would pack her things up in about five minutes. "I'm doing well in my classes, staying on top of things." She wasn't going to brag so she just kept it simple. "What's your next class?"

Castiel smiled at Zalena as she said she was doing alright in class. "Oh. That's good to hear." Castiel drummed his finger on the desk as Zalena was asking him what class he had next. "Umm... I think, I have math next." Castiel shrugged, not really caring that much about his classes.  "Um.. Would you happen to know of any tutors? I'm only asking cause you seem, smart so I assume you'd know other smart people... Sorry for assuming that, but er.. My parents kinda want me to get better grades, so.. Yeah.." Castiel cleared his throat and tried to move the conversation away from what he just said. "So.. What class do you have next"

@Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back